Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So TWW split again

Evers

So what are your thoughts about it? Im not sure if the splitting U19 into 3 Parts (now 4) to reduce the waiting time really worked out in the End. It seems like it takes alot longer for roughly the same amount of Content we usually get with a big Update.

Edited by Evers

I mean it means we get Titania faster and that frame will probably keep people busy for the whole month to find optimal builds and w/e.

At first i kinda hated the idea but i guess i understand, part of me wants one giant update but i just know everyone will complain there's no content then.

Edited by BlazerEraser

I just can't believe how long its taking them to give information in this devstream. It's been 20 minutes and I still havent gotten any info besides the fact that we get this titania frame they've been teasing FOREVER in a split patch.

3 minutes ago, Venom-Snake said:

Remember SotR? When it was rushed? Do you want that bug mess again?

I wonder how much burn you will feel if TWW will be a buggy mess after all those delays.

Edited by Necrius

3 minutes ago, Venom-Snake said:

Well thats what im basicly saying. They splitted U19 into 3 Parts to reduce their workload and reduce the waiting time. In the end U19 takes longer then any other big Update, has more Bugs and quiet honest not much more Content then Updates before it. So im asking if splitting it was really the best choice.

8 minutes ago, (XB1)C0gnitive 0n3 said:

8 months into the year and we've only had 1 "major" update. I'm new to this kind of gaming and am wondering if this is the norm?

The norm is that companies go from 2 or 3 major updates a year early in development and then slow down to just slightly more than 1 a year

See also: TF2

8 minutes ago, Venom-Snake said:

This, buuuuuuuuuuuut last parts better be REALLY bug free. Because if we wait so long and still get a broken update with tons of hotfixes, that won't be fun at all

Edited by Hesyol

Just now, Evers said:

Well thats what im basicly saying. They splitted U19 into 3 Parts to reduce their workload and reduce the waiting time. In the end U19 takes longer then any other big Update, has more Bugs and quiet honest not much more Content then Updates before it. So im asking if splitting it was really the best choice.

You have to see how things are NOW, we are in August and they delayed the Update to September from the looks of it. Would you like to wait 9 months for a single update filled with things to do and bugs to find or bit by bit?

The former would leave players bored before it landed and play less and less, the later gives things in small doses but keeps players hooked for a little longer.

Spliting was for the best.

Just now, Venom-Snake said:

You have to see how things are NOW, we are in August and they delayed the Update to September from the looks of it. Would you like to wait 9 months for a single update filled with things to do and bugs to find or bit by bit?

The former would leave players bored before it landed and play less and less, the later gives things in small doses but keeps players hooked for a little longer.

Spliting was for the best.

You got a valid point. I prefer major updates to be 4 - 5 months again though just like before... I hope they don't get used to need almost a year for a full major update.

I think they bit off way, way more than they can chew. I'll be surprised if they've manged to hammer things into shape within the next few months.

Eventually you're going to reach critical mass by adding so much stuff you can't fix/balance it all; good time for a break.

3 minutes ago, Hesyol said:

This, buuuuuuuuuuuut last parts better be REALLY bug free. Because if we wait so long and still get a broken update with tons of hotfixes, that won't be fun at all

You are hoping for too much.

You will find bugs even in the most unlikely places...

*remembers when I found a centipede inside the hose when I used it*

Just now, Venom-Snake said:

Some bugs are fine... Centipede is fine, but... Let's say I don't want to find whole snake in a hose

21 minutes ago, Venom-Snake said:

18 minutes ago, Hesyol said:

Some bugs are fine... Centipede is fine, but... Let's say I don't want to find whole snake in a hose

Brown recluses are not fine. Though I don't mind..I just hope Umbra is in the next update.

It really feels like DE could use someone to properly manage their update cycle and all that comes with it. I mean, they cancelled their GamesCom attendance with TWW as reason (and who's idea was it anyway to put TWO consecutive major updates on the same date as a major event?) and now they have to push that back another month?

10 minutes ago, Venom-Snake said:

Better than finding half a worm in the apple after you took a big bite, I'd say. ;)