Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So TWW split again

Evers

57 minutes ago, Ghost_Yo said:

I'm so ultimately tired of watching people defend the devs endlessly...

The never-ending "would you rather have a bug-free update or an update full of bugs"-s, like, seriously? Would you rather have a box of chocolates or a punch in the face? This is not even a question really, the question is what's taking the developers so long to make a single update. U19 is going to be 9-10 months away from U18 at least, and it's almost 3 times longer than any other update development time.

The developers seem to be thinking they're making some indie thing with a player base of a hundred people. The vagueness, the delays, the broken promises. When was the last time we got a clear release date announcement anyway? TWW will be out at TennoCon, okay it will be out in July, okay it will be out in August, OK it will be out next month maybe, here have a single frame we've been making for 2 seasons and 6 weapon reskins. Hope you liked that Rocket League rip-off mode and the star-map reskin we've been making for years too.

This is not even hilarious anymore, really. I can't in my mind see why anyone would be positive about DE now. There's nothing but reasons to be frustrated.

Why do we defend any Dev team really? Clearly none of them are working nearly hard enough.

I mean there are AAA titles that take 4-5+ years of development for maybe double the content of an update or two on warframe (sometimes these games don't have much for replayablity either). BUT THATS OK because I didn't know about it during the early stages. Sometimes those games still come out and I still find away to break the game! 4-5 years how could they! Bloodborne released in March '15 then dlc released 7 months later... how dare they!? Dark souls 3 released in March '16 and teased 2 DLCs and its been 5 months now... how dare they!? From Soft is a pretty big company turning out 2 big games in a year why cant they finish 2 updates in this time!? I am paying money for this crap!

Next time we start questioning why things are they way they are can you provide me with a detailed list of the number of DE staff, the weights of their depts, and the kind of errors that happen to pop up for what they try to add... Kay Thx.

Ahhh feels good to let all that /sarcasm out, it was going to drive me crazy.

<To skip Sarcasm> I can understand that there is all kinds of tolerances for such situations but the people that are often "against" Devs are just as crazy in perspective than people that "defend" Devs. I will stand by my opinion that DE should just not talk about anything and then just release their updates as like "surprise here you go". Or perhaps everyone could be a rational person and not let something be a singular thing in their life and just let things go. I don't even know. DE could release TWW in 2 years for all I care as long as I am getting things along the way.

It's the cinematic quests isn't it? Before second dream the content came a lot quicker but this year there still hasn't been a major update completed and 19's almost certainly going to be the only one this year too. I'm all for lore but not at the expense of something to do, I mean this has been like 9 months in the making but will probably be completed within hours. Now I know the ratio between content creation and content completion is always going to be skewed but for me the current situation is just too imbalanced.

17 minutes ago, (PS4)obsidiancurse said:

It's the cinematic quests isn't it? Before second dream the content came a lot quicker but this year there still hasn't been a major update completed and 19's almost certainly going to be the only one this year too. I'm all for lore but not at the expense of something to do, I mean this has been like 9 months in the making but will probably be completed within hours. Now I know the ratio between content creation and content completion is always going to be skewed but for me the current situation is just too imbalanced.

The U1x.0 updates were released faster, but there also wasn't as much to them. The amount of time spent on U18 and U19 is currently about the same as U15, U16, and U17, however (IMO) there's also more total and engaging content provided within U18 and U19.

You can compare the amount and type of content in these updates in my post on the previous page and make your own opinion.

2 hours ago, Mordad said:

@EthosP  you are going to complain and complain some more.

And then you know what you're going to do? You're going to play the game with all your salty tears.

That's a fact, and a truth you can't escape from.  Either you play or you don't.

You can do in anger and spite, or you can not care and just play, enjoy, help others.  

Because that's what's in your control to do. 

Wow, way to start a flame war, dude.

There's nothing wrong with either of your opinions. DE should take as much time as they need to to release a quality update, but that does NOT give them an excuse to keep baiting the community like they've done with this update. So don't go around picking on people just because they feel like DE's slipped up on this because, to be honest, they have, and "That's a fact".

Now, onto actually productive discussion.

My biggest worry is that TWW will just be an awesome quest, but nothing else. They've stripped so much from the update, the only things we really know are coming with the update are the quest and vague features that would obviously spoil the quest. Of course, these mystery features could carry the update, or they could be like focus and be a total grindfest...

Umbra would be cool to come with the update, and I can't find the place where it was said anywhere that Umbra will definitely not be coming in U19. (Steve did say not in specters, but that's already out, so...).

I don't know. I just don't want DE to lose their edge by taking too much time on an update (which does happen, such as with the last tf2 update where a month of feedback was completely ignored). Quick updates are a staple feature of warframe, and people need to remember that that is still one of the main draws of the game.

It amazes me how people still prefer to wait for a so called "polished" build of the update to come out when we all know better that there will be bugs no matter what. Ive read sometime ago that DE had a room filled with 50 pcs to run stress tests on the builds and check for bugs, although knowing that the game is still on Beta (which many people insist on forgeting) people come to the forums or even send tickets to the support to talk about bugs so that we can somewhat help the DE's with their game. Now having that in consideration and those 50 pc's , it feels that just maybe sending the build out with some bugs and having the community to help catch them is much better, since is a combined effort from an active player base and the DE, we all win i with this.

The content from this update has been an immeasurable disappointment at least from my opinion, there's a huge time gap without a decent update going on, i for instance have been trying to play this slowly so that i dont exhaust all the content way too quickly otherwise the game gets boring, but there is just nothing to do at all.

Im a veteran player, ive been around since Frost Prime and i noticed a drastic change from the part of the DE since last year. I feel that they have become distant to the community in many ways and thats not a good sign.

2 hours ago, Mordad said:

@EthosP  you are going to complain and complain some more.

And then you know what you're going to do? You're going to play the game with all your salty tears.

That's a fact, and a truth you can't escape from.  Either you play or you don't.

You can do in anger and spite, or you can not care and just play, enjoy, help others.  

Because that's what's in your control to do. 

mmmmm you are walking that fine line between insulting other users and getting a warning point for "disrespect". Feels good doesnt it? 

Honestly the fact that you are a master founder makes this even more hilarious to me. The fact that you feel the overwhelming need to tell people what they are gonna do like you know them so well is absolutely insane to me. 

If they delay TWW any longer, I will have genuinely managed to create human life faster than DE manages to finish this content. I don't care about Titania, Lunaro is "okay" at best and needs a lot of work and in the end TWW is gonna be a short series of cinematic quests, which will be awesome to watch and play (if they work) and two hours later it'll all be over again. And then what? Another nine months for the next tiny bit of story?

We've got buttloads of unfinished content right now and they keep adding more and more stuff, all of which is constant work in progress and nothing ever gets finished. Conclave is a bit on the weak side, Archwing is polarizing at best, damage 3.0 doesn't even get mentioned anymore, focus tweaks are long overdue, don't get me started on tweaks for frames like Limbo. So hey, let's get people hyped for Umbra stuff and then add even more modes, more features, keep changing everything over and over and... I'm not even sure where I'm going with this anymore.

I'm just frustrated. The one thing I've been looking forward to, something that should have been released in July, just keeps getting postponed up to a point where I find it difficult to still care. I love Warframe. It's not just the best Free2Play game I know, but it's one of the best games full stop. But this is stupid. This is annoying and stupid. I could have lived with a delay for Lunaro. The new starchart is alright, but it's not great. I'm sure it will be at some point. Like everything that needs looking at. Void fissures... sure, whatever. More changes for the sake of changes. But let's delay TWW some more. There are five or so guys who want Lunaro, it's way more important. Sigh.

Edited by Berserkerkitten

"Polished update"....it's just an excuse. Fact is SotR was still a mess given nearly 8 months of time after the latest major update. And it's just part of a split major update. Some bugs were so obvious that it could be found out so easily...either they were so busy that they did't have time for testing, or they just didn't test it. At all. They delayed the updates again and again and again, and it's killing the hype. Like the Umbra, it's nothing more than a clickbait right now. All DE actually provided are just useless information (SoonTM), I started to question if they actually have a schedule for it or it's merely a propaganda.

Edited by Marvelous_A

Open Beta.

I know it's easy to forget that poor 'excuse' these days but it still has it attached to the game, so it being buggy shouldn't be anything new and as people have said, without doubt it's still going to be buggy anyways.

On top of that I am also concerned about some other aspects people are echoing here; that TWW is just going to be a cinematic quest and that is it, it seems that little else is going to be coming with it and it's been postponed for so long, regardless of what interesting story it has, I doubt will justify or satisify the extremely long wait because ultimately in the end, once that has been completed that's likely to be it with a 'now what?' feeling. Back to square one and waiting for the next .5 update.

I'd really like DE to finally go over features they have previously introduced and put some more work into them, instead of finally getting around to them next year or something. I dread to think about how many other features could have possibly been developed over this course of time. Eagerly awaiting damage 3.0... Should be very game changing, especially when it comes to enemies and scaling. Who knows when either of those will arrive.

Edited by Naith

1 hour ago, SlashD17 said:

- snip -

Yeah, if you could please remove that text colour so I don't have to highlight your entire post to read it ...

1 hour ago, Berserkerkitten said:

If they delay TWW any longer, I will have genuinely managed to create human life faster than DE manages to finish this content.

Congrats on the offspring. :)

31 minutes ago, Naith said:

Open Beta.

They removed the "beta" label from both the launcher and the website with U17 or U18, so that argument really doesn't pull any more.

3 hours ago, Plushy said:

What if they surprise us with Umbra versions of every frame when Excalibur Umbra show up? They could be like "Hey look at these things we just snuck in there!" And we can all be like "~collective gasp~ DE you sneaky sneaks!" And we will love them again.

That's what I'm really hoping for. Unfortunately, considering how long a single prime frame takes, my hopes are pretty meaningless...

Personally, I can understand DE not wanting TWW to be the bug fest SotR was. Does that mean I'm any less disappointed? No. Before I'm crucified, let me expand.

The time between U17 and U18 was 5 months. Since the beginning of Warframe, major updates have steadily been taking longer to release. From mere weeks, to a month or two, to 5 months. More content was dropped, sure, but since I could remember, the major content in these updates generally only keep later game people truly interested (To get on Warframe daily to grind) for a couple of weeks. If more content is being released, how is it that it doesn't feel like it?

Now we're here. U18 Was dropped 8 months ago. By time The War Within drops, it will be 9 months. Now, tell me how interested Lunaro and the SotR updates kept you? Did you immerse yourself in either update's content for at least a couple of days in a row? Mathematically, since it took them double the time to get U19 to us, it should give us double the content, or at least keep us playing the content provided for twice as long.

If waiting this long is truly worth it, the Titania Drop and TWW better have some huge content drops. Otherwise, I'm disappointed. I know the spiel on Entitlement, so don't go too crazy. In the end, the amount of truly NEW content in the past 8 months has been very slow comparatively. Sure, it sucked to get half-assed weapons so often before, but at least they were giving us content. 

I'm not saying Warframe is becoming a bad game or whatever, I'm just a bit disappointed that it's taken 3 extra months to get this quest out. 

7 hours ago, Venom-Snake said:

You have to see how things are NOW, we are in August and they delayed the Update to September from the looks of it. Would you like to wait 9 months for a single update filled with things to do and bugs to find or bit by bit?

The former would leave players bored before it landed and play less and less, the later gives things in small doses but keeps players hooked for a little longer.

Spliting was for the best.

And that is the Part im not so sure of. If take a look back we got big Updates more regular with pretty much the same amount of total Conent (lets be honest about that, its not like this 4 Part Update has much more Content then older Updates) and yet this time it takes them alot longer, now why is that?

Either they are working on something truly big that they want to keep a total secret (if thats the case i will be happiliy suprised) or the reason why it takes so much longer this time is because it was splitted into 3 (now 4) Parts. If you split something into various parts it may take longer in total compared to everything beeing one.

For example: Update split into 3 Parts: Part 1 delayed by 1 Week because of various Problems -> Parts 2&3 will be delayed automaticly too  / Part 2 has some Issues again, will be delayed for 2 Weeks -> total delay for Part 2: 3 Weeks already, Part 3 is automaticly delayed again -> If now no Problems come up Part 3 is already delayed by 3 Weeks. If anything happens and Part 3 will have to be delayed it will only increase the delay. Now if you only had one Update it sure is more stressful since you will have to deliver on a certain date but it might be quicker released (and if we compare the time it ususally takes for a big update and the time it takes for U19 which was splitted into 3, now 4, Parts it very much seems so that splitting U19 into various Part was not the best decision to make)

Its just naming conventions guys. DE couldve easily called Specters of the Rail u19 and made WW u19.5. and we'd be singing praises about how fast they make progress.

I personally would prefer if they fleshed out other areas of gameplay instead of spending an entire year on a cinematic quest again. Theres so much they could do with relays, syndicates, mission types, tilesets, etc that dont take a year to complete. I hope WW is worth it, and not just a 30 min cinematic, broken up by the same old game-play.

If thats the case, I'd prefer they go back to snippets of lore and focus on fleshing out gamemodes and creating new ones and tilesets, etc. I like WF lore, but i dont play this game for deep lore and cinematics. 

Edited by Hypernaut1

9 minutes ago, CBAROG said:

I don't mind the delay. But TWW better have some Dojo stuff, because just a quest, however sinematic, won't be enough. And Dojo desperately needs some love.

Not gonna have Dojo stuff in The War Within, but this was said on the Devstream today: 

Spoiler

13 minutes ago, Maicael said:

Not gonna have Dojo stuff in The War Within, but this was said on the Devstream today: 

Reveal hidden contents

Finally. Although at this pace we will get some Dojo upgrades next year. Which is sad.

I don't know, but if DE would release ALL the updates (lunaro, sotr and tww) ant once, just imagine how the whole community would be?
And actually, DE got their time to tweak a relic mechanics, to tweak lunaro. 
If it all happened in the same time, the whole fixing thing would delay progress even further. So i'm standing for the split up.