The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra Warframes (Discussion Thread)

Almost all global players are already used to not having a Prime version of Excalibur, as the difference from the normal version regarding stats and Void performance is marginal at best. We will deal with the Prime version of Excalibur Umbra just the same. We can also grab some popcorn because of that there will be of course occasional contends between players wanting DE to release the Prime version and players promising to rage quit, cause severe or fatal wounds to themselves or even take legal actions if DE does, among the most amusing and dramatic threats they can concoct.

That was actually the orbs doing radiation damage I think....

Radiation damage is distinctly white not black. Both the kubrow and sentinel turned dark black and whispy, like how the infested through out that level appeared.

The effect also wasn't a short duration, we explored the level to its fullest and even got a couple of moon mods out of it. All the while my Helios was slapping me with a few hundred damage every few seconds.

Alright, I know that they already said Excalibur Umbra is going to be available here,

but, what about the Prime version?

This right here.

1HZqU9U.jpg?1

Is this Excalibur Umbra,

or Excalibur Umbra Prime?

Is Excalibur Umbra and Excalibur Umbra Prime the same frame?

I've seen people talking about how we'll get Excalibur Umbra,

but Excalibur Umbra Prime will be China only.

I need confirmation, I really like this one's look.

That is Prime - Chinaframe exclusive.

Our will look very similar, but to quote Steve's twitter, will have less gold.  Still gold, but less of it.

Please provide the source where Steve specifically said that the global Umbra will have less gold, otherwise you're spreading misinformation. The only tweet I recall regarding Umbra's shiny bits is him saying he'll sinply have tintable metal.

Okay i'm confused.

1) if these are seperate frames why do they have the same abilities?  or when they mean seperate do they mean like primes?

2) says that excalibur umbra prime is going to stay a china exlcusive and won't be released to global build because it's like the founders package for china.  So does that mean we won't get an excalibur umbra?  have we even seen a non prime version of excal umbra?

And it looks like global build is getting the prime nikana but in some event or whatever which is good.

Okay i'm confused.

1) if these are seperate frames why do they have the same abilities?  or when they mean seperate do they mean like primes?

2) says that excalibur umbra prime is going to stay a china exlcusive and won't be released to global build because it's like the founders package for china.  So does that mean we won't get an excalibur umbra?  have we even seen a non prime version of excal umbra?

And it looks like global build is getting the prime nikana but in some event or whatever which is good.

1: dont know if same but very similar on china build

2:we get Excalibur umbra, but its close to the Excalibur umbra prime basically  in appearance and powers

It's amazing that they're still trying to find a way to fit this knockoff into the lore when it's just that; a simple knockoff. Even more amazing that they still have not even a sliver of an idea on how to release it.

They're stating that the wait will be worth it; I sincerely doubt this. What is something that was actually worth waiting for? The Second Dream. But Umbra? Literally, most people want him for his aesthetics and nothing more. I (and I'm fairly certain MANY others) would be simply happy with the damn thing being released as a skin. Arguments finally stop, DE's stalling stops, etc.

Steve guessed that he'd be released in about 2 months. This makes the total wait for Umbra 8 months. This is by far the longest we have ever had to wait for a frame that we know is fully ready (and well over the Chinese exclusivity period). They're withholding Umbra for what I consider personally pathetic reasons. Umbra has no significance in China's lore, why should it have any significance here? (Of course, this is the only time I approve of the Chinese build even partially affecting the global build outside of released content, if any effect at all)

Edited by LazerSkink

It's amazing that they're still trying to find a way to fit this knockoff into the lore when it's just that; a simple knockoff. Even more amazing that they still have not even a sliver of an idea on how to release it.

They're stating that the wait will be worth it; I sincerely doubt this. What is something that was actually worth waiting for? The Second Dream. But Umbra? Literally, most people want him for his aesthetics and nothing more. I (and I'm fairly certain MANY others) would be simply happy with the damn thing being released as a skin. Arguments finally stop, DE's stalling stops, etc.

Steve guessed that he'd be released in about 2 months. This is by far the longest we have ever had to wait for a frame that we know is fully ready (and well over the Chinese exclusivity period). They're withholding Umbra for what I consider personally pathetic reasons. Umbra has no significance in China's lore, why should it have any significance here? (Of course, this is the only time I approve of the Chinese build even partially affecting the global build outside of released content, if any effect at all)

+1 I don't think DE realizes how much the fanbase despises them for making us wait for Umbra because of "Story" reasons when the majority of us want Umbra for the looks and the possible added stats. I personally don't give a rat's &#! about Umbra's lore. Lorewise there are much more things they can explore like the Grineer Queens or continue on with the Sentients instead of shoehorning lore for another variant of the same type of Warframe.

Excalibur Umbra is done and I can only assume is fully functioning since he's basically a Deluxe skin with altered stats, Release him already DE. The longer you make us wait, the bigger the expectation for this supposed lore and hype only leads to disappointment

Steve guessed that he'd be released in about 2 months. This makes the total wait for Umbra 8 months. This is by far the longest we have ever had to wait for a frame that we know is fully ready (and well over the Chinese exclusivity period). They're withholding Umbra for what I consider personally pathetic reasons. Umbra has no significance in China's lore, why should it have any significance here? (Of course, this is the only time I approve of the Chinese build even partially affecting the global build outside of released content, if any effect at all)

couldn't agree more. i was trying to be patience and not complaining these past 6 months.even i tried to encourage myself like "don't worry, we'll get it soon or okay, i'll just play normally and it'll pop up in the loading screen or market somehow". but after watching the last devstream, they don't even mentioned or how they're gonna release umbra at all. i felt very very dissapointed by this, come on just give us little bit of news about umbra

Another Devstream with no info. Great work DE. Brushing off all the Umbra comments in chat and outright ignoring them as usual. I'm seriously getting pretty sick and tired of DE's evasiveness on this subject. They said once before that the Second Dream was taking priority over Umbra. That is now out on all platforms and yet they still refuse to even mention him! This is getting too ridiculous, DE are just trolling now.

Many people in the community, couldn't give two ***** about this so called "lore" they're supposedly cooking up. Just release the damn frame. Like LazerSkink said; it has been SEVEN MONTHS! And now Steve tweets that he "guesses" it will be released in two months. Don't guess Steve. Get your freaking act together and tell us what is happening and when Umbra will be in our hands. Release as a PA pack? Make him farmable in the Void? I don't freaking care! Just release the damn frame!

8IYlxEKl.jpg

Edited by (PS4)Redemption_015

I can't agree more

However I still want it to be a Warframe itself, but this is just sad..

+1 I don't think DE realizes how much the fanbase despises them for making us wait for Umbra because of "Story" reasons when the majority of us want Umbra for the looks and the possible added stats. I personally don't give a rat's ! about Umbra's lore. Lorewise there are much more things they can explore like the Grineer Queens or continue on with the Sentients instead of shoehorning lore for another variant of the same type of Warframe.

Excalibur Umbra is done and I can only assume is fully functioning since he's basically a Deluxe skin with altered stats, Release him already DE. The longer you make us wait, the bigger the expectation for this supposed lore and hype only leads to disappointment

Excaly, this, can't agree more, I wish I chuold up-vote more, this "waiting" is a excuse, and yet stave in a tweeter trys to say, its "Not" a excuse 

Another Devstream with no info. Great work DE. Brushing off all the Umbra comments in chat and outright ignoring them as usual. I'm seriously getting pretty sick and tired of DE's evasiveness on this subject. They said once before that the Second Dream was taking priority over Umbra. That is now out on all platforms and yet they still refuse to even mention him! This is getting too ridiculous, DE are just trolling now.

Many people in the community, couldn't give two ***** about this so called "lore" they're supposedly cooking up. Just release the damn frame. Like LazerSkink said; it has been SEVEN MONTHS! And now Steve tweets that he "guesses" it will be released in two months. Don't guess Steve. Get your freaking act together and tell us what is happening and when Umbra will be in our hands. Release as a PA pack? Make him farmable in the Void? I don't freaking care! Just release the damn frame!

THIS ^

We can make resonable guess of what are DE's plans for umbra, based on info we have:

-DE said that umbra's are "darker side" of frames

-stalker has body of umbra

-sentient said stalker WAS like us(had person controlling frame from outside ?)

-We saw our frame move by itself, and its mentioned in lore that rhino gone on rampage by itself

-seeing how important stalker was in second dream quest

Based on all of those things I think its resonable to think that that umbra will be related to frames that move without operator, and it will be probably be part of next big quest in warframe, maybe we need to somehow synchronize with frames that gone out of control or something.

Edited by Culaio

Based on all of those things I think its resonable to think that that umbra will be related to frames that move without operator, and it will be probably be part of next big quest in warframe, maybe we need to somehow synchronize with frames that gone out of control or something.

Good god, I hope not. Linking Umbra to the next big quest is major trolling by DE. Nobody asked for a lore quest for Umbra. Most people just want the damn frame. Couldn't care less if it was moving without a pilot or whatever.

maybe its something DE wants to do , ever thought about that. 

Not really. People want Umbra and are prepared to pay. That's the bottom line. DE are stretching this out unnecessarily. I do remember a lot of posts asking for Umbra info, when Rebecca put up that Devstream thread asking the community what they want the Devs to discuss, lo and behold they were entirely ignored.