Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The sudden spark of interest to update excalibur prime & other older primes!

DiBBz

Hello there. 

First off id just like to say that im neutral in this sort "Controversy" if you could even call it that, but anyways onto details

i say neutral because personally i dont mind if they he / other older primes get updated or not!

So after coming back to the game maybe a week and a half ago and watching all the recent videos from a couple popular youtubers, as well as viewing some random threads of replies talking about this topic. i dunno whats sparked this urge for people to start talking about this again. considering we have all ready been through it with when the chinese version was selling its founder packs which included the "Excal umbra prime" warframe... granted the voice for it was severely muffled due to all the hype that a new series of warframes "Umbra" might come to the game.

My Question:

But anyways onto the question and this goes to everyone, not just limited to founders!

1. what is your honest opinion on excalibur / frost & Mag prime's appearance ?

2. should they along with other relatively old primes at this point get a touch up (OR) re-design to a standard level of detail that is more commonly seen as of today in WF ?

Because each new prime that is coming out is getting more creatively designed as well as highly detailed. now im not saying this should be top of the class priority and thus should take over all responsibiliys that the dev team have right now with the current set of updates, im just curious on peoples feedback on this situation!

i know DE is currently hard at work and busy trying to get the war within done. so i am in no way insinuating that everything should be dropped and for this to be made top priority!

Again this is just a casual conversation, Of which im looking to hear other peoples opinion on the matter.

Please do not reply if you have nothing to contribute to the conversation. dont de-rail, or post toxic replies. be respectful and open minded :)

Evolution of primes and comparisons:

Excalibur:

ExcaliburNewLook.png

ExcaliburPrimeNewLook.png

Frost

FrostNewLook.png

FrostPrimeNewLook.png

Mag

MagNewLook.png

MagPrimeNewLook.png

Rhino

RhinoNewLook.png

RhinoPrimeNewLook.png

Loki

LokiNewLook.png

LokiPrimeNewLook.png

Nyx

NyxNewLook.png

NyxPrimeNewLook.png

Nova

NovaNewLook.png

NovaPrimeNewLook.png

Volt

VoltNewLook.png

VoltPrimeLarge.png

Ash

AshNewLook.png

AshPrimeNewLook.png

Trinity

TrinityNewLook.png

TrinityPrimeMain.png

Saryn

SarynNewLook.png

SarynPrimeLarge.png

Vauban

VaubanNewLook.png

VaubanPrimeNewLook.png

Nekros

NekrosNewLook.png

Nekros_Prime_Access.png

Edited by DiBBz
Title had some upper case letters + added some other stuff! + better explained a question

I like the look of Frost Prime. Very sleek. I could say if you take off his prime helmet you really can't tell if he's primed anymore. The majority of the gold on him are the rings on his head. 

There are some little gold spots around his shoulderblades and waist area but they aren't really noticeable with certain color schemes. 

4 minutes ago, (XB1)OTF SERENiTY said:

I like the look of Frost Prime. Very sleek. I could say if you take off his prime helmet you really can't tell if he's primed anymore. The majority of the gold on him are the rings on his head. 

There are some little gold spots around his shoulderblades and waist area but they aren't really noticeable with certain color schemes. 

yup which is the sad thing about him really! his helmet. is 100% awesome. but the reset its like (and sorry for saying this DE) but a poorly improvised version of an immortal skin! its honestly something you'd expect to see in tennogen if prime skins where such a thing that is :P

same with ember really. helmet fantastic and maybe the legs / upper thigh area but everything else is just... meh!

Frost needs cloth physics.

Volkovyi's Frost Prime enhancement pack would also be awesome as an optional farmable accessory (and I hate saying this considering Vaults shouldn't exist anymore, but I'm being realistic here) that is also included in his Prime Vault pack.

Spoiler

AlMZgYK.png

As for excal?
Don't have him, don't care.

Edited by Shifted

It does feel kinda like a shame that Frost's Priming is little more than his helmet, but at the same time he has been this way for a long time. Rather than really hope for a full prime update I just hope Frost gets some justice with a good deluxe skin.

I like how simple Excal Prime is, aside from the current hullabaloo about color schemes on his recent PBR.

Vauban Prime's coat makes you realize how bad Frost Prime's coat is, I'd love to see a Frost Prime update. Also, I feel like if Mynki were to make Frost Prime today he would have kick-&#! amazing golden super boots.

lfcGeth.jpg

Edited by Gelkor

17 minutes ago, Kazzamo said:

It does feel kinda like a shame that Frost's Priming is little more than his helmet, but at the same time he has been this way for a long time. Rather than really hope for a full prime update I just hope Frost gets some justice with a good deluxe skin.

yup. im sure alot of people would greatly appreciate a prime update and to give some love to the old primes.

as for deluxe skin i dunno. but i think this could possible beat it no matter the turn out :P 

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=727935543

Edited by DiBBz

Unlike the other primes, the Primeness on Excalibur feels forced.

It's like someone captured a regular Excalibur and permanentlystabed him with prime items.

The visor thing looks like it was brutaly pushed in there.

Edited by Deshiel

I'd definitely like to see Frost Prime get a bit of a visual rework (at least cloth physics) since, aside from the helmet he is pretty much just regular frost. Although I honestly think Mag kind of looks a little plain too, not that she's bad it just feels a little dull compared to the new ones.

As for Excalibur I don't particularly care one way or the other but I think legally they're not allowed to do anything too altering for him design wise so I think PBR is probably the pinnacle of where excal is going to be unless some new sort of rendering comes out.

4 minutes ago, Deshiel said:

Unlike the other primes, the Primeness on Excalibur feels forced.

It's like someone captured a regular Excalibur and permanentlystabed him with prime items.

The visor thing looks like it was brutaly pushed in there.

huh... ive genuinely never even thought it of it that way!

but now that you bring it up. yeah! certain parts on his body feel like a mish mash of primey stuff! especially the void key. and now that its relics it doesn't fit within the universe of warframe now

1 hour ago, (XB1)OTF SERENiTY said:

The same thing for Mag Prime without the helmet it looks literally like a copy of normal Mag with some gold. I would really like to see her get something unique.

Don't care about Excalibur Prime.  I don't have him, and I'm not allowed to get him, so he can rot as far as I care.

Frost Prime could use a little extra gold on his body to distinguish him more from standard Frost.  Aside from his default helmet, his gold details are tiny and hard to notice at a glance, and his silhouette is pretty much identical to his non-Primed version if you use the standard helmet.

Exca Prime cold really use the redesign, He doesn't look BAD but he's basically normal Exca with a funny looking helmet, and I don't blame DE, only they know what might have been their situation back then.

Maybe a Removable Auxiliar or exclusive Armor? Make it an option for those who wish to keep their classic ExcaP, Mag Prime's got her own Exclusive Shoulder Armor, so nothing groundbreaking.

Imo the best option is to update Exca, Frost and Mag's body (maybe Ember, Nyx too) with new prime bling.

And to add an option to switch off prime exclusive bling. Like if you want to play Loki p without big knees/elbows or Nekros p without wings

So if you don't like the new bling on your favorite frame, you can still switch it off to take the old skin

2 minutes ago, Xgomme said:

Imo the best option is to update Exca, Frost and Mag's body (maybe Ember, Nyx too) with new prime bling.

And to add an option to switch off prime exclusive bling. Like if you want to play Loki p without big knees/elbows or Nekros p without wings

So if you don't like the new bling on your favorite frame, you can still switch it off to take the old skin

i honestly think they could have a contest on tennogen to re-make the skins and put it down to a vote, letting people express creativity, whoever wins, wins, excal and frost need a visual update 

15 minutes ago, (XB1)Bortis Badtouch said:

i honestly think they could have a contest on tennogen to re-make the skins and put it down to a vote, letting people express creativity, whoever wins, wins, excal and frost need a visual update 

cant believe i missed this but yes that sounds like a good idea!

it reminds me of star citizen "Kinda"

because they done a contest that allowed a team to create their own ship and fully flesh it out and the winner would get a grand prize as well as a job at imperial cloud / foundry 32 etc

but in this case they could just give lets say a £500 cash reward and maybe something exclusive for those that designed the lets say top 5 best prime designs and then 1st - 2nd - 3rd get a bonus prize!

and that people vote for primes to be drawn and once the drawn phase is over people vote for what they want for that warframe.

anything above the top 5 up to lets say the top 20 get a badge or skin etc for showing commitment to designing and putting in the effort for a community deigned prime!

but yeah thats how i imagine it anyways :P