Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Silver Grove: U1.2 + U1.3

[DE]Megan

2 hours ago, Alcoholism said:

Of course you're all allowed to give your opinion, no one is trying to silence you.

What I don't approve of though is people bashing DE or making up unnecessary claims of why Smeeta was nerfed, or how Smeeta is not good anymore, or that what they did ruined the loot farming etc etc. I'm simply stating that the fix was necessary; it was a broken and unintended mechanic. I'm also stating that Smeeta is still useful and people shouldn't feel disheartened about using it.

The best kind of feedback is the one where a good alternative is presented - one I have seen in regards to boosting the Rare Resource buff drop from 1 to a random integer between 1 and 4. Everything else I have seen on this thread (and others) pertaining to Smeeta have just been negative remarks and ridiculous claims/theories, rather than constructive feedback.

The previous version of Smeeta's loot charm would've been fine with an amount fix.

The problem with the smeeta is that the buff you get is random. You can get 3 red crit buffs in a row, or you can go an entire mission without seeing a single one. Smeeta is not reliable compared to any other companion because they're specialized in some area of usage. I'm not saying smeeta is bad, but it's not worth it over other companions.

The payoff of having and using the smeeta was that the reward was better when it actually paid off, which I think is fair. But I also think  a number adjustment would be in the right, just not to this degree.

Itøs difficult to give an alternative other than saying that the amount nerf was too big, and it was otherwise fine, because it was.

Edited by Geraion

9 hours ago, Gauldronborn said:

I don't want do 10 void-trace-farming-missions alone just to do one fissure reward mission

Fun Fact.
They didn't change that Buff. They only change the Rare Resource, but not the 2 minutes buff, so you can still get lots of Traces with Smeeta.

Edited by xS0nico

1 hour ago, Geraion said:

The previous version of Smeeta's loot charm would've been fine with an amount fix.

The problem with the smeeta is that the buff you get is random. You can get 3 red crit buffs in a row, or you can go an entire mission without seeing a single one. Smeeta is not reliable compared to any other companion because they're specialized in some area of usage. I'm not saying smeeta is bad, but it's not worth it over other companions.

The payoff of having and using the smeeta was that the reward was better when it actually paid off, which I think is fair. But I also think  a number adjustment would be in the right, just not to this degree.

Itøs difficult to give an alternative other than saying that the amount nerf was too big, and it was otherwise fine, because it was.

i hear you. i see countless people stating that they will be switching back to the carrier masterrace...

even when you mention the phrase "universal vacuum" you will be cencored by someone.

im tired of this game and how it developes. i've already spend more than 3k hours of my life and almost 2k bucks in this game just so that it develops better and wont die out so soon, and what do i get? far from fleshed out concepts of content that are just slammed into the lore and mechanics of the game with little to no use or fun factor in all scenarios. (yes i am looking at you titania). the game developed in a direction where content can only be overpowered or useless. no skill reward, no actual team play and no balancing.

i am done...

2 hours ago, Geraion said:

Smeeta is not reliable compared to any other companion because they're specialized in some area of usage. I'm not saying smeeta is bad, but it's not worth it over other companions.

Well this is just an opinion not a fact - Myself and others can use both companions and get a good use out of them based on the particular scenario/mission I am going into. This is all personal preference of course; it seems people like yourself would prefer a more universal companion/sentinel because, from my understanding, switching between them and knowing what to use, how to use it and where to use it is just too obfuscated. Hence why people will just use the carrier to simplify matters. Again this is more pertaining to companions/sentinels needing a rework which has been an ongoing discussion for quite some time; each one being utilized for different play styles so everyone is happy.

2 hours ago, Geraion said:

Well it's not a nerf - this has been a buggy and broken mechanic issue for a while and DE has been so swamped with everything else that it's taken them this long to get around to fixing it. When a game mechanic is not doing what it is supposed to be doing, it's a bug - the resources being given from that buff were incorrect to begin with. They didn't just decide to change it because people were getting too many. I can understand if the buff was giving between 1 and 5 drops, then they decided to just make it 1. But the drop amounts were so high (also based on your luck if it proc'd enough times with that specific resource) that you could potentially walk out of a mission with like 50 neural sensors. You can't say that this was intended, or that it was "fine" - it was clearly broken. I remember laughing on Teamspeak with clanmates at the amount of resources dropping when it proc'd for me 4 times in one mission. It made absolutely no sense for me to have over 30 argon from one mission, but somehow you and many others seem to think this was perfectly reasonable?

2 hours ago, Alcoholism said:

Well this is just an opinion not a fact - Myself and others can use both companions and get a good use out of them based on the particular scenario/mission I am going into. This is all personal preference of course; it seems people like yourself would prefer a more universal companion/sentinel because, from my understanding, switching between them and knowing what to use, how to use it and where to use it is just too obfuscated. Hence why people will just use the carrier to simplify matters. Again this is more pertaining to companions/sentinels needing a rework which has been an ongoing discussion for quite some time; each one being utilized for different play styles so everyone is happy.

Well it's not a nerf - this has been a buggy and broken mechanic issue for a while and DE has been so swamped with everything else that it's taken them this long to get around to fixing it. When a game mechanic is not doing what it is supposed to be doing, it's a bug - the resources being given from that buff were incorrect to begin with. They didn't just decide to change it because people were getting too many. I can understand if the buff was giving between 1 and 5 drops, then they decided to just make it 1. But the drop amounts were so high (also based on your luck if it proc'd enough times with that specific resource) that you could potentially walk out of a mission with like 50 neural sensors. You can't say that this was intended, or that it was "fine" - it was clearly broken. I remember laughing on Teamspeak with clanmates at the amount of resources dropping when it proc'd for me 4 times in one mission. It made absolutely no sense for me to have over 30 argon from one mission, but somehow you and many others seem to think this was perfectly reasonable?

No, I switch to what I want/need when I need it. It's difficult for any companion to measure up how easy-mode good a carrier is.

And we're not the only people. Some people want it easy, others are fine optimizing every little detail for everything. I'm in the middle-ground. For something to really be good, you usually need to invest some forma on it. Companions eat a boatload of them if you want to optimize. I have several kubrows and 1 kavat with 6-7 forma on *each* of them. It takes a lot of work and dedication, and something I'm happy to do when it doesn't get a swift kick to the nutsack of their main attraction, which was the reduction of really S#&$ty farming materials. Especially argon.

And *again* I think it's ok if they adjust the number of resources a charm proc generated, but this? This is silly. Sure, if I only care about farming, it -might- be better to bring a smeeta over a carrier. Underlining 'might' because carrier is carrier and is obnoxiously easy-mode for everything ever. Except maybe shade, but Idgaf about shade because 1; Huras is better, and Loki exists. And I happen to like Loki and play him often. Still think he's my most played...damned prime helmet is so cool.

That said, I don't really rely heavily on companions, I invest time and energy on them if I like them, and I love pets.

As for 30+ argons in one run? Yeah, that wasn't common for me. Maybe I got jibbed by RNGesus, maybe you were blessed, the exact same thing with the smeeta exists, except now it's hardly worth the hassle; The buff. Is. Random. You're not guaranteed to see an item drop, let alone multiples (which needed to happen to get absurd amounts of argons like that) in the same run. And with the changes to argons, that they decay on the same reset you get them + the smeeta nerf makes it really, really dumb. There's a limit for how many argons you can use at a time because crafting is the way it is, same for any other material. And tbh, I only need a few resources, mainly spores and argons, and smeeta was a right blessing for that. Not anymore, and I'm unwilling to sink several hours every other day just to get a handful of them. in the new state.

5 hours ago, Geraion said:

No, I switch to what I want/need when I need it. It's difficult for any companion to measure up how easy-mode good a carrier is.

And we're not the only people. Some people want it easy, others are fine optimizing every little detail for everything. I'm in the middle-ground. For something to really be good, you usually need to invest some forma on it. Companions eat a boatload of them if you want to optimize. I have several kubrows and 1 kavat with 6-7 forma on *each* of them. It takes a lot of work and dedication, and something I'm happy to do when it doesn't get a swift kick to the nutsack of their main attraction, which was the reduction of really S#&$ty farming materials. Especially argon.

Ok so you agree then that you can use other companions for certain situations and scenarios (not just the carrier for everything). Regardless of the Smeeta fix, the reason carrier is so universal is an issue with the sentinels/companions as a whole; not just the Smeeta Kavat's broken Rare Resource drop mechanic. For example, people aren't using the Carrier because it has a broken vacuum mechanic - it works as intended; everything else works as intended now too. The intended initial design needs to be reworked as a whole; the Smeeta Rare Resource buff wasn't an intended initial design, it was a broken mechanic that got repaired. Considering how much work DE has on their table, it's a long process, one people will be impatient for and complain; these people can always do something else and come back at a later time.

That said, I don't really rely heavily on companions, I invest time and energy on them if I like them, and I love pets.

You're right, they're pets and they're designed to be helpers and not overpowered monstrosities. They don't need to do much; I think DE has given players too much to expect from a pet, which is another underlying issue.

As for 30+ argons in one run? Yeah, that wasn't common for me. Maybe I got jibbed by RNGesus, maybe you were blessed, the exact same thing with the smeeta exists, except now it's hardly worth the hassle; The buff. Is. Random.

I never said it wasn't random, I understand the game mechanics. I'm simply stating the fact that the possibility was there for players to get resources way above and beyond what was initially designed; this means it. Is. BROKEN.

There's a limit for how many argons you can use at a time because crafting is the way it is, same for any other material.

This is intended so that you actually play the game instead of farming everything you need in a 10-20 minute mission. You have to remember they want you to be active on the game, not do a few missions, throw everything on build in the foundry and then leave the game to do something else. Again this is all up to the player; if players want to burn themselves out to farm resources all day (to build what they need to) just so they can go play another game or do something else, then that is their choice. The game isn't designed specifically for hardcore gamers in mind any way -  it targets many audiences.

smeeta was a right blessing for that. Not anymore, and I'm unwilling to sink several hours every other day just to get a handful of them. in the new state.

I can't imagine what it would have been like for you before Smeeta came into the game. Oh wait, yes I can; you'd be doing the exact same thing you've always been doing. The only reason you and others are complaining now is because you had something that wasn't meant to be, then it got taken away from you. Like I said, the one suggestion where the 1 drop is changed to a random integer between 1 and 4 would be a nice buff for the now fixed function. Because that is what it is, fixed, not changed, fixed. It is not new, it is fixed. And they can always buff it from here if the demand was high enough (within reason of course). You can't expect them to go in there and lower the amount dropped (which would have been a nerf) when the functionality is broken (could have led to more bugs and issues). The best way is to fix it and get it working as intended, then make changes to it if they have observed it is necessary. This means they may still slightly buff the amount dropped if required, but never anywhere close to where it was before.

Will there ever be a fix for those people whose Launcher fail to update? I mean this problem has been going on for quite some time already, and still no news about it. I can't play WF at all for a couple weeks even after reinstalling 5-6 times and redownloading it or by verifying cache integrity/ optimize/ untick bulk and aggressive downloads in launcher.

4 hours ago, NeroGrave said:

Will there ever be a fix for those people whose Launcher fail to update? I mean this problem has been going on for quite some time already, and still no news about it. I can't play WF at all for a couple weeks even after reinstalling 5-6 times and redownloading it or by verifying cache integrity/ optimize/ untick bulk and aggressive downloads in launcher.

Based on my experience I'd suggest try a different connection when hitting the update regardless of your existing connection being too good or bad. Worked for me so give it a try.

RIP Lootkitty, it was funny while it lasted. At least im pretty stacked with Neural Sensors.

On that note, there STILL hasn't been ANY fix for the immense amount of time it now takes for new players to get to any source of neural sensors. like, you literally gotta do a ridicolous amount of stuff before you unlock jupiter. The three most requested things from new players that i help are 1) credit starvation (i've talked about that one and your silent nerfs in enough length and detail i think), 2) Neural Sensors and 3) Orokin cells. At least orokin cells are SOMEWHAT realistically available with the position of ceres in the starchart progression, but even they take pretty bloody long considering how many beginner-friendly market weapons require one or the other of these two resources.

Can't we just move neural sensors to phobos already? We REALLY don't need that many morphics planets and it's an unfair disadvantage for all the new players that DON'T get taxied by veterans like me. As a matter of fact, one of my real life buddies was so annoyed at how many times i had to taxi him around the place that he gave up on warframe for that specific reason. He didn't like having to rely on me to take him everywhere and then being too weak to compete in the mission while i tell him all the things we need to do so he can get the stuff he wants. I'd love to see that change at some point.

The problem with companions isn't a matter of playstyle or taste or any of that. This is a game about farming loot and resources, and Carrier is objectively better than all other companions at this. Why? Well since the changes to the movement system, and especially now with a warframe that can fly, players are encouraged to be constantly on the move, bullet jumping and wall running etc. from place to place. What happens when you don't have Carrier? You're forced to the ground, your focus is forced away from the enemies, away from actual gameplay, so that you can pick up the resources you need to craft things and progress. When you have Carrier, the vacuum lets you actually focus on playing the game.

I started playing this game before Carrier existed, and picking up loot manually back then wasn't too terrible because it didn't drop nearly as often, and the amount of enemies wasn't even close to as concentrated as it is now. The most we had was defense on Xini, and that's a relatively small map. Some things have failed to evolve with the state of the game, one of them being the companion system. Just because a handful of players intentionally disadvantage themselves and say it's fine, calling it "skill", does not mean that something needs to change.

On 9/3/2016 at 9:42 AM, Uzkost said:

I have literally seen screenshots of people getting hundreds of Orokin cells, neural sensors or argon.... So where have you been?

Really? show me the screen shots please.. I was too busy playing and sharing whatever i experienced in-game..

The max resources i got with my smeeta were just 5- 12 or 16.. and im talking bout neurodes orokin cells sensors.. argons i only got lik 5 in 5 waves  which is not a big deal cos it used to happen even before smeeta but sometimes only

8 hours ago, Trickster-_- said:

The max resources i got with my smeeta were just 5- 12 or 16.. and im talking bout neurodes orokin cells sensors.. argons i only got lik 5 in 5 waves  which is not a big deal cos it used to happen even before smeeta but sometimes only

Didn't come here to place a comment but seeing your comment it reminded me of my resting Mayuri, she used to give rares in the same numbers as you mentioned but still I've seen people posting screeshots of getting 70 neurals or like regardless of the mission duration/any or how many boosters active etcetera. Some people always love to show off and screw other's sweet times, you know!

8 hours ago, Trickster-_- said:

Really? show me the screen shots please.. I was too busy playing and sharing whatever i experienced in-game..

If you're talking about pre-fix, the best example I can give you was when I did a void mobile defense because a clanmate wanted some argon so I went along for the ride. Took Smeeta along not because I needed any resources but just for the hell of it. Because it was a somewhat long mission having 3 points to defend, in that time the charm ability randomly proc'd a hell of a lot. During all those procs about 4 of them were the Rare Resource buff; ~5 to ~15 random amounts each time, so I ended up with just over 30 argon at the end of the mission. I don't have a screenshot, not that it would matter if someone did because it's pretty easy to photoshop that anyway. But it's fairly logical to assume that after several charm procs, if you're lucky, the Rare Resource buff will proc several times a large amount of that particular rare resource resulting in large amounts. Definitely not a common chance of it happening but it could happen - hence why they had to fix it.

this is a nice update but i have one complaint that does not seem to be getting fixed.

every time i play excavation on earth, if a map part is in that mission, then enemies just stop spawning. its really annoying running around looking for one or two enemies to kill so others will spawn in different parts of the map. its frustrating when i have a resource booster on and i am wasting time waiting for enemies. (greneer OR the shadow rail one with infested) I cant be the only one that has this problem.

http://i1381.photobucket.com/albums/ah221/Jimviathin/Excivation%20fail_zps3hogpiib.jpeg

1 hour ago, Hyday said:

this is a nice update but i have one complaint that does not seem to be getting fixed.

every time i play excavation on earth, if a map part is in that mission, then enemies just stop spawning. its really annoying running around looking for one or two enemies to kill so others will spawn in different parts of the map. its frustrating when i have a resource booster on and i am wasting time waiting for enemies. (greneer OR the shadow rail one with infested) I cant be the only one that has this problem.

http://i1381.photobucket.com/albums/ah221/Jimviathin/Excivation%20fail_zps3hogpiib.jpeg

^This^

Seems to happen primarily when playing solo. Gets really annoying when you can't complete the excavators, or even let them be destroyed, as there are no enemies whatsoever. I tend to have it happen more often with Infested than with Grineer. Might have something to do with the sheer number of possible paths a melee unit could take to get to an excavator on that tileset.

2 hours ago, Cano_Lathra said:

^This^

Seems to happen primarily when playing solo. Gets really annoying when you can't complete the excavators, or even let them be destroyed, as there are no enemies whatsoever. I tend to have it happen more often with Infested than with Grineer. Might have something to do with the sheer number of possible paths a melee unit could take to get to an excavator on that tileset.

glad i am not the only one. Yeah i noticed it happens more with infested as well. but it does still happen with grineer. but hey just glad i am not crazy lol.