The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Two reasons why no one plays conclave...

MrReapier

- No one passively plays conclave

90% of the time I see a group of two doing the dailies or somebody typing in the chat "Hi, please don't kill me and <Insert Alias>, we are doing dailies." (Cus they want those conclave skins and syadana) 

- When you start off warframe, you have NO KNOWLEDGE regarding to warframe also being a PVP game, there needs to be a quest of something in the beginning quest regarding to conclave.

This is all in my opinion...

what do you think are the reasons why no one plays conclave...

(or it's just me logging on at the wrong time xD) 

Edited by MrReapier

9 minutes ago, MrReapier said:

what do you think are the reasons why no one plays conclave...

Because it sucks?

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not bashing PVP per se, but come on. Unless you're the host you already have a disadvantage on latency. Add to that the insane learning curve just to get started on PVP and ... I'm sorry, no.

I have better things to do with my time than getting one-shotted for hours with no idea what it is I'm doing wrong other than being on a 200 ms latency connection to the guy hosting the match. I have better things to do with my blood pressure than raging over constant stunlocks and inability to fight back because I haven't gotten any useful PVP mods yet - mods hidden behind somehow leeching some match wins from others that have better luck. I have better things to do like play the main PVE game instead of the PVP minigame.

Warframe was never meant to have PvP; it's a PvE focused game. When PvP first came out, you could use PvE mods, and the game mode was incredibly broken because it came down to whoever could afford to potato, forma, and min-max their gear. 

With Warframe's parkour, Conclave feels a lot like the popular fast paced third person shooters from the mid-late 2000s (i.e. GunZ The Duel), but those games were PvP focused while Warframe is PvE focus. So one of issue here is that you have PvE players trying out a PvP focused playstyle game type and then, of course, being completely outclassed by the players with a PvP background.

Another issue is the use of peer-to-peer in PvP. If the host has more than 100ms ping... good luck. DE said they'd eventually have servers for PvP, but know one knows when that'll be, and recently in one of the patch notes it appears DE's trying to find volunteers for player-hosted servers, which shows DE's unwilling to commit their own resources in providing servers for PvP and in the end we're still praying to RNGesus that the game's host doesn't live in a third world country.

50 minutes ago, MrReapier said:

- No one passively plays conclave

- When you start off warframe, you have NO KNOWLEDGE regarding to warframe also being a PVP game, there needs to be a quest of something in the beginning quest regarding to conclave.

- There's actually a community of Conclave players. I play it regularly for Fun.

-That's an issue that's been pointed before: While the other syndicates require a bit of MR to be accessed Conclave can be accessed from MR0. Considering Conclave is THE most skill-demanding feature of the whole game it makes little sense to let players who just joined the game and have barely got a hold of the basic movement, let alone the advanced parkour combat that's dominant participate on it. At least it should require the same MR as the other Syndicates.

43 minutes ago, Mardana said:

PvP basically is pointless in the game, because mods you got from conclave can't be used in PvE.

Fun is a valid point to have it in game.

Well, Conclave mods COULD be allowed in PvE too, if not for a bunch of whiners who will want Conclave mods available at their local Draco replacement because they can't possibly fight versus a foe that will pose an actual threat without relying on NulliBubbles or Invulnerability phases, which is hilarious because people ask challenge and Conclave is the only true challenge you will find.

Conclave Stances may as well be considered cosmetical and aren't allowed in PvE, which is a shame because some of them are really Fun, and the Conclave Machete stance is actually better than it's PvE counterpart (thought it's only applicable to Machetes and because Sundering Weave s*cks)

37 minutes ago, Wolfdoggie said:

I didn't even know there were conclave dailies.

There are dailies and weeklies.

There are 8 daily challenges every day, two for each game mode. Completing them awards standing.

The Weekly mission consist of 3 parts: Complete 20 Matches, Win 6 matches, Complete 10 Daily challenges.

The reward for the Weekly is: 50k Conclave standing, 100k Credits, 1 random PvE stance, 10x Random rare resource.

Edited by Nazrethim

45 minutes ago, SilvaDreams said:

No one plays PvP because no one cares about PvP in a PvE game.

That and the clemming P2P connection we use, it's like playing CoD the one with the best ping wins.... Aka the host.

Exactly. The game is a Co-Op PvE game, it's simply not going to draw people who are particularly interested in PvP. Even people I know that play PvP games in my clan don't have any interest in Conclave because they are there for the PvE.

17 minutes ago, Nazrethim said:

Well, Conclave mods COULD be allowed in PvE too, if not for a bunch of whiners who will want Conclave mods available at their local Draco replacement because they can't possibly fight versus a foe that will pose an actual threat without relying on NulliBubbles or Invulnerability phases, which is hilarious because people ask challenge and Conclave is the only true challenge you will find.

Notice how the PVPer is the first one to start name-calling other players.

2 hours ago, Nazrethim said:

Fun is a valid point to have it in game.

"Fun" is also a subjective term. If you haven't noticed, a vast majority of Warframe does not care for Conclave or PVP in general. So clearly most don't find it "fun". 

As for the whole draco-grind comment, and your tidbit about how it's challenging to fight another player, No. It is not by design challenging, and it does not by design come off as a "fun" mechanic. In this scenario there is a winner and a loser, and some don't want to deal with that due to the implications it comes with. Most want difficult enemies to fight with friends that pertain to the narrative of Warframe's story, not some guy that spends 12 hours a day playing Conclave that goes around spouting off verbal vomit about "Skill" or something. I'm sorry, but let's face it, on it's best day Warframe's PVP is a more rounded out version of GunZ The Duel, a game that did not do well because of varying factors of toxic behavior, exploits, and agitating controls

As for why the Conclave mods are mode-specific, I don't know how long you've been here, but I've been here since the days of pre-Conclave PVP where the stuff you had in the base-game carried over to PVP. I don't know if you have ever been there when there were choke-points that could be abused by a guy with a whip that waited until you got out of the safe-zone to stagger and gank you. I'm not sure if you've ever had to deal with the Loki and Ash players that would use a vectis from across the map while absolutely invsible, then use their 4's to mess up a whole team for the rest of the match. Or ever have to put down a Hysteria Valkyr, or an Iron Skin Rhino, It is not fun, it was exploitable, and incredibly one-sided depending on what clan you were in. The reason your mods are specific to Conclave is to keep this from happening again. The Dark Sectors were becoming near-impossible to manage and balance, the whole mode became cheesy, and certain clans stood to gain more than others based on these kinds of run-of-the-mill PVP problemss. It is also why the stat enhancement mods for PVP are so incredibly abysmal to the base-game's. it was made to pseudo-balance as in their opinion, it was the only real way to have both modes and not have to stress out too much about keeping everything balanced for PVP and not having to mess with the base-game and it's objective.

So for the sake of safety, DE will keep Conclave incredibly separate from the base game even if that means that your mods are only for that mode, not because people whine about the PVP mods. Most of the PVP mods are not viable in the base game anyways due to the stat differences between the base and PVP modes. I respect your decision to play Conclave but your comment against people that want an equal shot at something without having to be pitted against another player is arrogant. Some people like you enjoy playing against others to prove your "skill" or something, others simply enjoy expanding their arsenal and fighting unique bosses and see PVP as another stressor to their personal life.

Tl;dr: 

Warframe's PVP is a mess

Calling it "fun" is subjective so please make these assertions a little less.

The imbalance of Conclave is too ridiculous to even start.

So for the sake of everyone's sanity we keep them apart.

Most of the playerbase just wants to chill and fight challenging bosses.

Some of us already deal with a lot and don't want put up with more losses

For most of us, it just isn't that kind of game. 

So please don't fault us for our decision, that would be pretty lame. <3

Edited by Hidari

15 minutes ago, TennoPain said:

I dont play it because i dont think its rewarding given the time u need to reach max :)

That being said if they ever put weapons in conclave ppl would go bananas 

^ could be good or super bad 

I could honestly say I'd be ticked... I already hate that I'll never get the conclave skins because I refuse to touch the horrid pile.

6 hours ago, Nazrethim said:

Conclave is the only true challenge you will find.

nope. 

the real true challenge is the incredibly insane hard difficulty 1000+ enemy level alerts you will usually see in some events

or as we all more commonly know it. alerts with 9999+ enemy level alerts!

I think the main problem is the lack of a dedicate server, like 95% of the problem

Things like matchmaking are useless with such a small playerbase, since you always meet the same guys.

The game is pretty balance and there are always tweeking it. In Conclave, most mods are sidegrades, you trade  buffing stat for nerfing another and if you dont know your way around, they will probably impact you in a negative way. So they arent must have.

Conclave is here to stay guys. PvP Offers a lot of replayability because of the enemy AI (Other players) that makes every match diferent (When it works). I think they though this as a solution  for the what to do now once you get your shinies or are bored of the repetiveness of PvE problem and the guys who llike PvP.

Its connected to PvE since  you have to play it to have frames and weapons to play PvP.

P,D; I could say that raids have no place in warframe since its not a puzzle game, but a horde shooter. 

I need to farm relics, traces and prime parts ( if lucky ) the entire day .. in top of that there is syndicate missions invasions and Raids...

so i really have no time for conclave... hell i don't even have time for reallife anymore...
if one wants not fall behind they need to play the entire day..