Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BlackCoMerc

Ayatan Weekly Mission: Already Frustrating, Inconvenient and Unfun

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, DAWGUNITALPHA said:

You get someone to invite you into one.

But you can't get the sculpture reward, right? We tried that initially and other people couldn't get it if they'd already done theirs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Lord_Azrael said:

But you can't get the sculpture reward, right? We tried that initially and other people couldn't get it if they'd already done theirs.

Doesn't stop people from obsessing over it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BlackCoMerc said:

Then it sends us to the Void. To kill a bunch of enemies en route to a Parkour puzzle we have seen before. That apparently is timed. And during which you're fighting the parkour controls in Warframe as much as enemies. Which the developers must believe are far tighter, more responsive and accurate than they really are. Because acknowledging that these controls are as wonky and unreliable - at least for controller users - as they in fact are would certainly result in removing the timer from these missions. 

 

53 minutes ago, BlackCoMerc said:

There are a number of puzzles I ace every time. Quite a few.

This just wasnt one. This one was a huge room that to be honest I have only ever seen once before. And I have played A LOT of Warframe. Though to be honest, I never went hunting parkour rooms, as they have not had rewards veterans consider worthwhile for literally YEARS now. So I simply never bothered with them. 

Honestly, it sounds like to me that you just got caught with your pants down. You call the the parkour controlls wonky and unreliable yet you also claim you complete alot of the puzzles you encounter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmm. I failed one and succeeded another (well, did the latter one twice since I repeated the mission wondering if it was bugged).

In terms of speed and control I doubt any of them are very hard to do, but I certainly have no clue where I'm supposed to go on at least one of the rooms.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BlackCoMerc said:

First, we have to go to the Bazaar just to get the mission. Then we have to walk through it, find the quest giver, be forced into dialogue, and wait through another mission loading screen.

All just to get to the mission.

Then it sends us to the Void. To kill a bunch of enemies en route to a Parkour puzzle we have seen before. That apparently is timed. And during which you're fighting the parkour controls in Warframe as much as enemies. Which the developers must believe are far tighter, more responsive and accurate than they really are. Because acknowledging that these controls are as wonky and unreliable - at least for controller users - as they in fact are would certainly result in removing the timer from these missions. 

So all that, and a Mission Failed screen. Dont know why. Was there a timer? Did I fail to activate or find something? Locate a doorway during the time given? I dont know. Nothing was communicated to me during the mission regarding accessing any kind of vauted off area, a time limit, etc. Absolutely no information given.

All this, and we get to do it...once per week. Yay.

Oh well. II've other games to play, with content not hidden behind frustrating, invisible timers and even less thrilling wait walls. And now, I have another reason to go play them.

So much for enjoying the new content...

The parkour trials have always been timed to get to the end, that's how I've farmed rare void mods for ages. 

Not being able to skip or speed up Maroo's slow, slow, slooooowwwww dialogue, yeah, that's super irritating, absolutely agree.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The only things people nowadays are doing in games is *@##$ing around if they get something new.... it is so annoying. What do you need the information for about what to do in the puzzles and stuff, Maroo doesnt have those informations so why should you, if you fail then it happens, there is worse to happen tbh. The Parkour controls are so easy to manage with and without controler, dont know where your problem is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BlackCoMerc said:

First, we have to go to the Bazaar just to get the mission. Then we have to walk through it, find the quest giver, be forced into dialogue, and wait through another mission loading screen.

All just to get to the mission.

Then it sends us to the Void. To kill a bunch of enemies en route to a Parkour puzzle we have seen before. That apparently is timed. And during which you're fighting the parkour controls in Warframe as much as enemies. Which the developers must believe are far tighter, more responsive and accurate than they really are. Because acknowledging that these controls are as wonky and unreliable - at least for controller users - as they in fact are would certainly result in removing the timer from these missions. 

So all that, and a Mission Failed screen. Dont know why. Was there a timer? Did I fail to activate or find something? Locate a doorway during the time given? I dont know. Nothing was communicated to me during the mission regarding accessing any kind of vauted off area, a time limit, etc. Absolutely no information given.

All this, and we get to do it...once per week. Yay.

Oh well. II've other games to play, with content not hidden behind frustrating, invisible timers and even less thrilling wait walls. And now, I have another reason to go play them.

So much for enjoying the new content...

Firstly, your using controller, on pc which is generally your own fault. If you have working hands and are not physically handicapped, youre handicapping yourself in which case i do not applaud you.

Secondly, you complain about 'parkour rooms we've seen before' then complain about not being able to pass it cuz you dont know how...

 

Im going to leave my own less than enthusiastic feedback on the ayatan sculptures but i have to say that you kinda defeat yourself with your complaints. 

 

None of the parkour courses are hard, they ALL have a closing door, and none of them really require anything more than a bullet jump/ aim glide, and or landing in slide.. all of which should be reasonably doable even for controller users. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, PookieNumnums said:

 and or landing in slide.. 

Lrn 2 Valkyr.

I kid, I kid. But yeah, I'm currently rotating between Titania, Zephyr, Valkyr, and Mirage for my Treasure Hunting frames.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That missions arent unconvinient or unfun. Finally we have another reason to go void! Finally, we have a reason to hunt trial rooms in void? It was fun, ukhm... 7 or 6 patches ago? Before melee 2.0, containers in void had very high chance, like 50/50 to spawn golden rare mod, and there was couple of interesting mods, that was easier to loot from container, than from enemydrop (one of em, that was my reason to hunt containers - flightspeed for glaive :D). And it was rewarding, and fun, after that rooms lost any sense, because no new mods was added to em, and chance to drop mod from container in that treasure rooms was reduced drastically, so, practically, in 2 years there was practically no reason to go hunt rooms in void. Finally, i get that nostalgic feeling back, and can go and hunt em for actual reward (that is not changing anything in gameplay, so nobody will cry, too op, plz nerf or too weak, plz buff, just damn cosmetic item for ur spaceship, even endo gain from them arent that high, so they are little nice addition to endo income). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Runs the parkour challenge, gets to 2 closed doors, looks for any button/platform around, wasted like 20 seconds there staring into the emptyness wondering if should be sleeping instead, Mission Failed.

Got thrown back into my liset isntead of relay, go back to relay. 

Maroo UI does nothing when activated, alt f4, restart game.

Go find maroo again, must swallow all dialogues again, accept mission,"Voting on hunt for Ayatan", theres not start button, alt f4, go to sleep.

 

Lets find some antiquitieeeeees!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It might not be a bad change to allow players to warp back to the start of the puzzle, rather than needing to restart, to finish each one, but this reaction seems extreme. A few dialogue options from Maroo explaining what happens would clear up much of the confusion issues, and the rest are intended to be puzzle challenges--which is why players should have to restart the puzzle rather than the whole mission, but I don't think the concept is bad at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They are pretty doable even before parkour 2.0, so you should be very grateful that you can bullet jump now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree 100% OP, it's not just that the timing is tight or that parkour 2.0 sucks, but the absolutely terrible UI experience of so many load screens and Maroo's super slow dialogue and menus just makes it rage inducing. Bad enough to have to keep playing it over without that.

As for the puzzles themselves? I think they took a really neat idea, with the old hidden vault rooms in the void, and then pushed it to a point where it's not fun at all anymore. The fact that it's timed, and timed so tightly, just kills any enjoyment for me whatsoever. It feels manic, and forced, and ugly. I can hammer away at it, going through the awful UI process, and get it eventually, but why would I possibly care? Why bother to "git gud" when it's not even remotely fun? If you aren't one of the people obsessed with player housing it's just an endo farm, and I'm going to farm my endo somewhere else. Anywhere else. Anywhere at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, RedDirtTrooper said:

As for the puzzles themselves? I think they took a really neat idea, with the old hidden vault rooms in the void, and then pushed it to a point where it's not fun at all anymore. The fact that it's timed, and timed so tightly, just kills any enjoyment for me whatsoever. It feels manic, and forced, and ugly. I can hammer away at it, going through the awful UI process, and get it eventually, but why would I possibly care? Why bother to "git gud" when it's not even remotely fun? If you aren't one of the people obsessed with player housing it's just an endo farm, and I'm going to farm my endo somewhere else. Anywhere else. Anywhere at all.

It takes like 15 seconds, and is not even remotely hard so long as you know where you're going. And they didn't change anything, the parkour rooms are they same as they've always been. You should also note that parkour rooms in normal void missions are a good source of mods and ayatan stars.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Lord_Azrael said:

It takes like 15 seconds, and is not even remotely hard so long as you know where you're going. And they didn't change anything, the parkour rooms are they same as they've always been. You should also note that parkour rooms in normal void missions are a good source of mods and ayatan stars.

So, I'm supposed to memorize these vault puzzles that I don't enjoy, using mechanics that don't work very well, in order to get rewards that don't matter? Sorry, I'm going to need rewards worth the frustration or some fun if I'm going to bother playing it, and I don't feel remotely bad for sharing that opinion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One thing I will agree with is reworking the puzzle/obstacle rooms for us veterans who know them like the back of our hands - these are quite old and would be nice to have them redone or even just a few new ones added in with the old.
Another thing I will agree with is mainly directed to new players or players who have not done much parkour in the game. They need some form of quest or motivation to get players to understand the mechanics of parkour puzzles and obstacle courses - or maybe a "practice mode" from Maroo where it doesn't matter if you fail, but if you succeed your "winnings" go to Maroo not you.
Above all of that though, a lot of players have said this here already; you can always do some void missions on your own and check out how the mechanics of the parkour areas work before attempting to do them for the treasure rewards. Just practice practice practice and you'll be fine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, BlackCoMerc said:

First, we have to go to the Bazaar just to get the mission. Then we have to walk through it, find the quest giver, be forced into dialogue, and wait through another mission loading screen.

All just to get to the mission.

Then it sends us to the Void. To kill a bunch of enemies en route to a Parkour puzzle we have seen before. That apparently is timed. And during which you're fighting the parkour controls in Warframe as much as enemies. Which the developers must believe are far tighter, more responsive and accurate than they really are. Because acknowledging that these controls are as wonky and unreliable - at least for controller users - as they in fact are would certainly result in removing the timer from these missions. 

So all that, and a Mission Failed screen. Dont know why. Was there a timer? Did I fail to activate or find something? Locate a doorway during the time given? I dont know. Nothing was communicated to me during the mission regarding accessing any kind of vauted off area, a time limit, etc. Absolutely no information given.

All this, and we get to do it...once per week. Yay.

Oh well. II've other games to play, with content not hidden behind frustrating, invisible timers and even less thrilling wait walls. And now, I have another reason to go play them.

So much for enjoying the new content...

Wow.

It's a puzzle room, and it's repeatable until you do it, as far as I know, and you have a week worth of trying.

Not frustrating. Not inconvenient. Not unfun. But they are optional, and they just came out, so just don't do them? Problem fixed.

I don't mind them. Did the runs on two accounts, got statue first go, once on a Limbo, once on Excalibur.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, RedDirtTrooper said:

using mechanics that don't work very well

What mechanics don't work well? Other than getting caught on lips and overhangs, I can't think of anything.

 

7 minutes ago, RedDirtTrooper said:

in order to get rewards that don't matter?

My quest this week gave me an ayr sculpture. 3 stars makes that worth more than 1400 endo. You can get stars by just breaking crates in normal missions, while you're doing something else. So a 1 minute mission that rewards over 1400 endo, or a cool statue, or something to sell for plat, depending on what you want. Sounds good to me! I wish I could do them more often!

Btw, you can find sculptures in normal missions as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here is a tip, use frames with mobility abilities (Zephyr's passive and Tailwind, Excalibur's Slash Dash, Valkyr's Rip Line and etc.) it can help get through the rooms faster and more easily.

Besides, it's not like these rooms just came out along with Maroo's missions. They have been there for a while and you have had at least 1 or 2 years to practice. It's not DE's fault that some players prefer to rush to extraction instead of explore and find those ''hidden'' rooms.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, AlphaPHENIX said:

Here is a tip, use frames with mobility abilities (Zephyr's passive and Tailwind

But if you use zephyr bring a melee! Otherwise it can be hard to get back down after jumping, and at least one room requires falling a great distance. Just ground slam with the melee to speed things up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

loved the guys suggesting git gud, like you could be good enough to not load relay, dialogues, nor the pointless rooms before reaching the parkour challenge tile that is also marked in the map meaning that you dont even need to search for it, the actual challenge in the mission lasts like 20 seconds, the whole rest last like 5 - 7, if the challenge lasted 5 minutes i would justify the previous wasted time

warframe is full of usability gates, core options that are shoven really, really deep in UIs that are unrelated to the system they work for, systems that rely and depend on a very basic chat system, half empty UIs leading to 3 or 4 more click s in order to reach functions that could be closer to the surface, etc, the Liset to Relay to Maro dialogues to launch mission is just a sympthom of their loose work on usability, in general, theres a big lack of hyperlink logics, and predefined hierarchy of usage, examples picking a syndicate sigil should be doable form the syndicates UI. Repeating maroo`s challenge should be 1 click from the Mission Failed screen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Lord_Azrael said:

But if you use zephyr bring a melee! Otherwise it can be hard to get back down after jumping, and at least one room requires falling a great distance. Just ground slam with the melee to speed things up.

You see the problem with Ground Slam and Zephyr is... well 60% of time Zephyr rises about 3 meters, stays there for about a seccond AND THEN starts to go down.

Besides you could just Divebomb to go straight down or even Tailwind while looking at the floor to go down at an angle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Lord_Azrael said:

What mechanics don't work well? Other than getting caught on lips and overhangs, I can't think of anything.

 

My quest this week gave me an ayr sculpture. 3 stars makes that worth more than 1400 endo. You can get stars by just breaking crates in normal missions, while you're doing something else. So a 1 minute mission that rewards over 1400 endo, or a cool statue, or something to sell for plat, depending on what you want. Sounds good to me! I wish I could do them more often!

Btw, you can find sculptures in normal missions as well.

I think parkour 2.0 is awful in general, and the wall humping is the worst part. Some of these vaults were designed with wall running  and switch jumping in mind, and they flowed intuitively with that, they don't now. Just my opinion. 

Just now, rockscl said:

loved the guys suggesting git gud, like you could be good enough to not load relay, dialogues, nor the pointless rooms before the parkour challenge starts, the actual challenge in the mission lasts like 20 seconds, the whole rest last like 5 - 7

Yep, my main complaint. People keep getting hung up on the fact that some of us can't complete these on the first try, rather than accepting that the mechanics of repeating them are what makes it really, really bad. Get these missions on the alert UI or something, but for please, please get rid of the whole Maroo ordeal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, RedDirtTrooper said:

I think parkour 2.0 is awful in general, and the wall humping is the worst part. Some of these vaults were designed with wall running  and switch jumping in mind, and they flowed intuitively with that, they don't now. Just my opinion. 

Yep, my main complaint. People keep getting hung up on the fact that some of us can't complete these on the first try, rather than accepting that the mechanics of repeating them are what makes it really, really bad. Get these missions on the alert UI or something, but for please, please get rid of the whole Maroo ordeal.

Visiting Maroo would be ok like Simaris is if the thing shes sending us to do lasted more than 20 seconds or if at least in order to repeat the failed attempt one didnt need to visit her again, just like Simaris missions work too

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...