Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Recommend me a good Assault Rifle

aligatorno

Question

Lately I`ve only been playing with Shotguns, Simulor, Tonkor and Dread as main, but I`m really interested in getting an assault rifle as well to change the pace from time to time. 

I know there's Soma Prime, I had it a few months ago but did not had the mods to make it good so I replaced it with Tonkor [ had not plat back then ], I tried Braton Prime recently but did not like it at all. Are there any other ARs besides these two that can handle high level enemies [80+] without wasting an entire clip on only one? 

For Soma I`m trying to get the Stock to drop, because I`m a cheapa$$ and I won't pay 50p for it ))

Edited by aligatorno

I like the Telos Boltor (or Boltor Prime as well, but I prefer higher mag capacity over a little higher damage, the Gas proc. is nice as well) or you should try out the Sybaris and the Burston Prime as well, if you like burst shots. The Burston Prime also has a Syndicate mod which gives +90% fire-rate so that + Shred you can fire as if it was a full-automatic rifle (you just need to click a bit more)

Limited-access items:

• Dex Sybaris/Sybaris
  • Prisma Grakata
  • Prisma Gorgon
  • Latron Wraith/Prime

Readily accessible:

• Supra
  • Telos Boltor/Boltor Prime
  • Soma Prime

I put the Prisma variants under limited access because they cannot be farmed on-demand unless Baro is both accessible and selling the items in question.

why didn't you like Braton Prime?
it does... basically everything you'd want in an Assault Rifle.

Karak Wraith or Dera Vandal are worth noting i suppose. and there's Boltor Prime.
Stradavar is fairly flexible, though it's two Firing Modes have some balance problems.

Tonkor instead of Soma is strange... because both of them use exactly the same Mods.
we don't have all that many Assault Rifles though, so you may want to branch out. to pretty much anything that fires in an Automatic fashion, rather than only a traditional Assault Rifle.

in the end, Mods are important for your Weapons. without them, everything is rather poo in regards to mid-high Level Enemies.

34 minutes ago, Deshiel said:

Latron Prime

That's a semi-auto

33 minutes ago, (XB1)chillichillman said:

stradavar.  

That's an LMG

33 minutes ago, GinKenshin said:

boltor prime? there's ignis and quanta vandal if you think these are 'rifles' 

That's bolt luncher.

27 minutes ago, Zhoyzu said:

My prefered rifles are braton prime flux rifle and the freeze ray. I used the grakata extensively back in the day.

Freeze ray is called Glaxion and neither that our the Flux Riffle are assault rifles

Guys come on, even the Tonkor is in the AR category, but it's still a granade lucher.

Best assault riffle is the MK-1 Braton with 7 Formas in it at the least.

10 minutes ago, taiiat said:

why didn't you like Braton Prime?

Tonkor instead of Soma is strange... 

1. Didn't like how it felt, how it sounded, and the damage output [It was decent, sure, but it required way too much work/forma to get it to be useful at high levels]

2. True, but Tonkor is a better damage dealer as far as crowds and since the game has lots of enemies clumped together I went for it. I didnt had mods like Split Chamber, event mods, or even maxed out damage or elemental mods back then, but tonkor was good enough to get me through the game with what I had without much frustration. 

I`m building the Soma P right now, I managed to get the stock at 30p. I plan on putting a Bladed Rounds build on it with 2X 90% elemental mods on it. It works wonderfully on my Dread and I hope it will work just as well on this one. 

I have Dex Sybaris, it was my main weapon for a quite some time when I begun playing the game properly, but I use it mostly on low-mid tier enemies because I can't get it to deal good damage to heavy units after a certain point. 

It'll try the Telos Boltor as well, it seems like a decent gun. 

Edited by aligatorno

16 minutes ago, AlphaPHENIX said:

That's a semi-auto

That's an LMG

That's bolt luncher.

Freeze ray is called Glaxion and neither that our the Flux Riffle are assault rifles

Guys come on, even the Tonkor is in the AR category, but it's still a granade lucher.

Best assault riffle is the MK-1 Braton with 7 Formas in it at the least.

yes they are. if we had beam weapons like that IRL we'd put them into the AR category.

14 minutes ago, aligatorno said:

1. Didn't like how it felt, how it sounded, and the damage output [It was decent, sure, but it required way too much work/forma to get it to be useful at high levels]

I have Dex Sybaris, it was my main weapon for a quite some time when I begun playing the game properly, but I use it mostly on low-mid tier enemies because I can't get it to deal good damage to heavy units after a certain point. 

nothing can be done about sound i guess, but if you think it shoots too slow or too fast, you can do something about that.
it's actually the easiest Assault Rifle to make effective at High Levels, since it's a Crit AND Status Weapon. and those are the lowest Point Cost Mods.

Crits, and shoot things in the Head. that's how Sybaris Series will perform well.

having the right Elemental Types will make a big difference. if Enemies aren't weak to it, your Damage on any Weapon will be so-so.

2 hours ago, aligatorno said:

If it's requiring you too many Forma, you're probably not modding it for the right stats. The Braton Prime is a status gun, and the 60% status-elemental mods cost less mod capacity than the 90% elemental mods, meaning fewer Forma to top the gun off.

11 hours ago, aligatorno said:

2. True, but Tonkor is a better damage dealer as far as crowds and since the game has lots of enemies clumped together I went for it. I didnt had mods like Split Chamber, event mods, or even maxed out damage or elemental mods back then, but tonkor was good enough to get me through the game with what I had without much frustration. 

I`m building the Soma P right now, I managed to get the stock at 30p. I plan on putting a Bladed Rounds build on it with 2X 90% elemental mods on it. It works wonderfully on my Dread and I hope it will work just as well on this one. 

It'll try the Telos Boltor as well, it seems like a decent gun. 

I really like the Braton Prime. My build can take out a lot of enemies except a corrupted heavy gunner level 60.

The Braton Prime is one of the easiest high progression primaries to work with. It only requires elementals and base damage mods--that's what it works best with. It will require multiple forma, but so does everything. It's only a question of how many.

The Grakata (and, of course, Prisma Grakata) is a very good weapon, if a bit touchy to use well. It's a crit weapon so it will require crit modding strategies, but it is good at applying status and can do ferocious damage when modded correctly. The Prisma Grakata is better in every regard and works in exactly the same manner, but it bit more difficult to come by.

Both of these guns can handle high level enemies, but ammo issues will start to appear once you start moving past around lvl70. That's pretty much how it goes with autotrigger guns in general, though. The new carrier helps quite a bit in this regard.