The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bad culture?

kyori

1 hour ago, kyori said:

I noticed in public missions... a lot of players tend to rush to get the most kills and reach the extraction point first... as if there is a reward for that behaviour.

Not sure when it started but I find this 'warframe culture' quite hilarious .

I was in a mission just now and someone keep shooting me with his weapon at the extraction point because I reached there before him. lol

But rushing is fun. Once I learned the tiles and mastered the movement system I cant help it. I`m not doing to impress anyone, I just want to perform even better - so I try to.

Its not a "bad culture" its a "git gut culture".

Sadly Lunaro movement nerf happened and rush-racing never was the same.

2 hours ago, kyori said:

I noticed in public missions... a lot of players tend to rush to get the most kills and reach the extraction point first... as if there is a reward for that behaviour.

I was in a mission just now and someone keep shooting me with his weapon at the extraction point because I reached there before him. lol

Effort ends up making missions easier, faster and more efficient.

It may not seem like we aren't gaining much, being faster in spys, rescues, exterminates, but after 1000 missions, you notice that you end up getting more credits, more resources, more endo, more mods and you know the mission back to front so reliability in said player becomes a thing.

Players that do rescues as if their 1st time, don't use the parkour all that much, kill less and end up being slower often are players that tend to complain about the grind.

If you consider captures simple missions where you kill 5 enemies, the target and then extract, then i can tell you that some players will kill more than a hundred enemies, gather tons of reources and will be very fast.

It's an effort based reward and often the only thing holding you back is the other players, but atleast you made the path clear to them.

2 hours ago, kyori said:

" as if there is a reward for that behaviour. "  .... there is a reward for that ... less time per mision , more mision per game sesion equal to more loot/xp/etc for your time spent .... is insane simple ...

I'm not sure about the bad culture side of warframe because if I'm running with a public group it's for void fissure or akkad for quick affinity and no one else is on.

And since the topic of "fun" in the game was mentioned in the first 5 posts:

For fun I usually just run Ani, the survival mission in the void.

It's also worth remembering that you get shared affinity from other players who are within 50m.  If you don't keep up to the people who are rushing through and getting kills, you aren't getting anything out of the mission, except the completion rewards.

Parkour really isn't that hard (so long as you don't do what my friends do, and swap your sprint and jump keys, so that you have to press ctrl+shift to bullet jump), and is how this game is supposed to be played.  There are places you can't get without it, like the hidden rooms that contain syndicate medallions, sabotage caches, or ayatan sculptures.

Just now, Azrael said:

Not Mot?  :)

I'm bad :p

But in all seriousness. I'm not after rewards or anything, just there to see everything and kill it. Since most of the factions units are there. Oh yeah the tileset is ok too.

19 minutes ago, Priscella said:

I'm bad :p

But in all seriousness. I'm not after rewards or anything, just there to see everything and kill it. Since most of the factions units are there. Oh yeah the tileset is ok too.

I love the orokin survivals. They are a lot of fun. Those are the kind of missions that I spend an hour in, along with hieracon.  :)

2 hours ago, kyori said:

There is a reward, they are done with the mission faster and can go do other things. The other reward is the joy of speed.

Part of the fun of Warframe for many people is to try to see how you can use the environment and movement skills to traverse the map as quickly as possible.

Many of us have been playing these tilesets for years, and so exploring them at a slow pace is something we've already done, now we just wanna see how fast we can go.

Spoiler

wG6LXAk.jpg

OrjUV9I.jpg

ei8tQNl.jpg

1 hour, calypso Saturn sabotage. At the end of the day the beauty of Warframe is that every player can play how they want and enjoy themselves. But rushing a map does not give more rewards. To often in this forum people want to argue and try to insist the game be played that way, we have to build our frames just so, we have to run some certain map just so fast, we have to use just such weapon. I stand by my original comments, We can play the maps how we want yes, but we should not be encouraging the development of the game toward a faster play. And no, I don't think you'll get more rewards for rushing 5 minute runs for an hour. But Id love to see someones results.

Rushers rush because of the mission summary screen.  Tracking and displaying stats like most kills, most damage, most headshots, etc is a horrible thing to have in a co-op pve game.  It does nothing positive for team play and instead makes many players selfish rushers.

I really hope [DE] removes the mission summary screen at some point but I doubt it will ever happen.  People need ways to measure and compare their epeens.

3 minutes ago, Babellon said:

And no, I don't think you'll get more rewards for rushing 5 minute runs for an hour. But Id love to see someones results.

You got very little for that run. 35k credits is like 10 minutes worth of work, maybe 12. The endo was decent, but I can get half that in 7 or 8 minutes at rathuum. I don't see many mods, and only two are uncommon. 6k nano is like 2 minutes at xini. No relics, not much focus, not many mods, and enough credits and endo for about 20 minutes worth of work, if you got credits at one place and endo at another. Sorry man, but you spent an hour farming 20 minutes worth of stuff, and didn't even get the rewards that people actually look for (namely relics). Go do hieracon for an hour, you'll get way more of everything, plus relics, cryotic, and other resources. Or speedrun that exact mission 6 or 7 times, you'll get more that way too.

6 minutes ago, Tizodd said:

Rushers rush because of the mission summary screen.

This is so incredibly false. Rushers rush because they want to spend their time efficiently. They don't care about the damage they do, they care about being fast and efficient.

Actually I do make use of this rusher culture.. .especially in fissure runs... I will stay close behind, let the rushers do all the work... I get the XP etc and the reactants without doing anything.. pretty good lol

I think the game scales with number of players... I always find solo the enemies to be much lesser...

I don't think DE will take away the summary screen... they need to please players else no one play their games and they lose. Business is hard fact of life.

I tend to play a variety of things and in a variety of ways, depending on my mood. As such, I've been on both sides, and seen the worst of both sides.

Sometimes I take my ember in and get people who rage quit - I assume some of the frothing, mind reading, snobs here are such people.

Other times I take any old thing in, maybe not even full level, take my time trying to sneak up on things, headshot them, find their weakpoints, searching every nook and cranny of the map, and get the other kind of frothing, mind reading, snob who thinks I'm trying to leech xp or mission rewards by not bringing in the most efficient loadout possible - this lot will spend all mission ranting at you.

You just have to laugh. At least the first frothy lot are quieter, surely. Then you come read the forums, find the same types of people here, they're not so quiet after all, and laugh at them again.

Edited by schilds

I don't understand this thread exactly?.

Slow and steady go solo , clan or friends or LFG.

Fast pace alerts , relic runs and quick wins go public.

If i am playing with people that i am not sure how or if they can handle what we will be doing i will bring my best.

If i bring my best nothing is going to stop Immortal Inaros build with Trigress Prime , Spira Prime and Galatine Prime. So i will be darting between enemies towards the end.

How am i part of this bad culture?