Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please DE remove invulnerbility on all bosses!!!!

StormSpirit123

Question

So I'm a returning player of warframe, and I decided to start all over. Yesterday I was fighting lech kril, and the battle took 10 mins+, because of his stupid invulnerbility mechanics. I literally wanted to rage quit because of the pointes below.

1. I couldn't stay at a medium distance-long range because his gorgon can rip through my soul.

2. Staying at a distance also means that I can't go behind him due to his high af turn rate.

3. The Hellions were just stun locking me.

4. Whenever he melees (90% of the time), i couldn't hit the coolant pipe because I have to manuveur behind him. And his back goes from facing me, to away from me in 1 swing (less than 1/2 a second).

5. His coolant pipe disappears after every dam attack, meaning by the time I can get a shot on that thing after lech melees, it's gone! And lech will just turn around and melee me again!

So please DE, remove invulnerbility, it makes new player's life so much harder to a point where they will quit. And I was lucky because I knew to destroy the coolant pipe of the boss, new players wouldn't, and they will just sit there for 5 mins unable to be damage.

On October 22, 2016 at 10:45 AM, Ailissa said:

You are talking about an entirely different boss to the OP.

He stated that all bosses should lose invincibility. I was using The Sergeant as evidence for my counterargument because The Sergeant has no invincibility, and he is a pushover. I was trying to say that if more bosses lacked invincibility (like The Sergeant), they would be insanely easy to defeat.

I'm very sorry if I left too much room for misunderstanding in my previous post.

Edited by Tradden

Yeah Lt. Lech Kril can definitely be a frustrating one, especially when solo'ing since you have to multi-task with him and the onslaught of enemies coming at you (luckily I noticed they only really come in intervals so you do have a bit more breathing room in between waves).

Some players have already given you some pretty valuable advice here already (at least much more savvy than I ever could lol) so there's nothing specifically I can really add, but just keep at it and I'm sure you'll get him! (:

The only real personal advice I can give you is if you have Warframes like Rhino, Nezha, Zephyr, Valkyr, or really any Warframe with an admirable defense ability, you should definitely bring and trust me it will go a long away of helping you lower the frustration of this boss battle a bit better!

Good luck fellow Tenno!
You got this!

11ISwbgCxEzMyY.gif

Edited by HalfDarkShadow

I've fought Lech several times. Those pipes coming off are completely random even when you do get to the sweet spot. I get nothing but zero's the whole fight then he magically transforms into a squishy butterfly and dies.

Lephantis could use a tune-up as well. The Corpus head keeps it's gob shut way too long. Always the last head.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)Tactless_Ninja said:

Lephantis could use a tune-up as well. The Corpus head keeps it's gob shut way too long. Always the last head.

Oh I was just talking about this in another Topic the other day. I definitely second this notion!

On 10/17/2016 at 7:38 PM, HalfDarkShadow said:

Anyway, outside of that we do have Lephantis which I still think to this day is the best one they've done. Although it does need some welcomed treatment [especially] since with the ever-so expanding weapons and Warframes, many of the Lephantis' mechanics become a bit trivial. A bit sprucing up can go a long way! (:

Edited by HalfDarkShadow

1 hour ago, (PS4)Calamitea said:

If the invulnerability was removed, all the bosses would be insta-nuked... And I'm pretty sure most new players would know how to Google or ask the region chat for help.

They need to replace Invulnerability with properly sized health bars/Weaknesses and strengths.  Weakpoints are key.  Look at Salad V, bring him down, he goes invulnerable but you have to take down Zenuka.  Decent boss design.

Sgt Ruk is also good, he has no invulnerability, just times when you can, cannot attack and with that you get to actually experience the boss fight without being frusterated.... as if you were fighting Kril...

1 hour ago, achromos said:

Sgt Ruk is also good, he has no invulnerability, just times when you can, cannot attack and with that you get to actually experience the boss fight without being frusterated.... as if you were fighting Kril...

Excuse me?  Ruk, good?  Mr. "Lens flare the size of twelve suns covering the teeny-tiny vulnerable part that's only vulnerable for a few moments after firing his weapon for a certain amount of time?"  That's practically the definition of invulnerability phases, coupled with making it annoying to hit him when he's vulnerable.

Admittedly, it's much less of a roadblock now that Ruk is more than halfway through the starchart rather than potentially third so a player is much more likely to have proper gear by that point, but I'll take Kril over Ruk any day.

9 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

We were all new players on once and we made it soooo.... Threat is baseless?

If one boss would make you quit the game, then you were probably in your way out to begin with.

Agree with this, if you can't take a boss fight and you rage quit this early, warframe is

1 hour ago, Vox_Preliator said:

Excuse me?  Ruk, good?  Mr. "Lens flare the size of twelve suns covering the teeny-tiny vulnerable part that's only vulnerable for a few moments after firing his weapon for a certain amount of time?"  That's practically the definition of invulnerability phases, coupled with making it annoying to hit him when he's vulnerable.

Admittedly, it's much less of a roadblock now that Ruk is more than halfway through the starchart rather than potentially third so a player is much more likely to have proper gear by that point, but I'll take Kril over Ruk any day.

Eeeh, i consider Ruks invincibility to be less offensive because he exposes his weak-points consistently...  Where as kril can choose not to do so for quite a long time. 

Though that's just opinions, yes they both have invincibility and ideally DE would be able to figure out a way to never have to rely on that [for players or enemies]

Invulnerability isn't the most imaginative mechanic, but Kril really isn't hard, especially since the Starchart rework greatly reduced his level. pretty much any frame can be used to distract or straight up attack him so you can get the pipes, then it's just a question of baiting him into performing his downward swing so that he freezes himself, making him vulnerable.

My personal strategy with krill is to stand in front of him, and leap over him every time he goes to swing, then fire pistol with high fire rate into his back. works every time. One day I'll learn how to make videos and demonstrate these tactics so many seem so unable to come up with. Lich Kril is not so hard at all, in fact I'd say he's one of the simpler bosses.

I think a boss fight should take 10+ minutes, look at Sergeant- He's a paper doll waiting to be thrown in a shredder. Far to simple and easy to kill to be called a boss. Vay hek is a pain in the arse, with his phases, and his face, but I wouldn't change a thing about him, why? because he made me think, made me work, made me look for a better solution than standing there on rhino stomp locking the area and spraying him down with bullets...That's the kind of bosses we need, the kind of bosses we should have. To much of this game is all about locking down the room and spraying rapid fire at everything in the room, no aim, no tactic, just spray and loot.

Lich krill is a great boss in all actuality.

7 hours ago, TheScytale said:

Keep shooting at his pipes, and when he freezes, do the most damage you can so he can turn into the fire form, in which he'll be able to take damage. It's not random.

Hit pipes?  The ones floppin' around in the breeze, the ones that its like, umm, sit still so I can actually hit it?  ALl I get when I shoot him is blue 0 or nothing.  Its like, how do we even know where hitting the right spot. 

38 minutes ago, KnightCole said:

Hit pipes?  The ones floppin' around in the breeze, the ones that its like, umm, sit still so I can actually hit it?  ALl I get when I shoot him is blue 0 or nothing.  Its like, how do we even know where hitting the right spot. 

AIM for the orange circle on his back. Everything else will take care of itself.

Strategy- leap over him doing flips to get behind him, keep him swinging that hammer, don't fire on him until he slams the hammer down and gets stuck a few miliseconds, every time he gets stuck (freezes in place) fire on the orange backpack (the glowy part in the middle of his back), do it at least 3 times, save your ammo and don't fire unless he's frozen in place, all other fire is null- once he's done that 3 times or so, it might not be exactly 3, sometimes takes more, but he will change to fire, then you can spray him down.

Alternatively- you can get yourself in a good cover spot, behind one of the pillars or up on that platform at a distance, but you wont ever get a decent shot on his back without a team mate. Best strategy solo is my first paragraph.
I personaly use rhino but if you don't want to or don't have that frame, simply compensate with shields and HP, combine the 3, plus shield regen, any frame will take him.

Edited by Babellon

I fought Lech Kril and Vay Hek several dozen times and they are the most annoying bosses. Still haven't quite figured out when and where they are vulnerable. Beside that Vay Hek doesn't drop any loot half the time.

My suggestion would be to reveal a bit about a bosses weaknesses once they are scanned 3 times.

But I don't want easy bosses. They should be a challenge like the Hyenas, Raptors and Tyl Regor. Though they shouldn't take more than 5 or so minutes for an experienced player with good gear in the starchart. Sorties are a different matter of course.