The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bard Warframe Speculation, Discussion and Feedback Thread

Zanoza-chan

5 minutes ago, TrickshotMcGee said:

Sadly, I'd have to guess post-TWW, since there's not really anywhere to add it to without introducing either a new boss or a new quest (like the Silver Grove or Sands of Inaros). Unless, of course, they want to be cruel and make her drop like Ash does - from rare and unpredictable enemies that are hard for the average player to farm. 

The first Assassin dropped frame.  Only acquirable from the Zanuka Hunter.  :devil:  The tears would drown half the planet.

Op who knows, I'm with you on the Post TWW but beyond that the best I can figure is a quest frame, DE seems to like that as an intro method nowadays.

Edited by (PS4)gamerpie12

2 minutes ago, TrickshotMcGee said:

Yeah, that's just wrong. :scared: I'll just buy her with plat if that's gonna be the case. Same thing I did with War, actually.

Careful, saying you'll buy something if DE does something is a fast track to getting that something done lol.  But yeah, that would be the worst possible way to introduce a frame.  I've been playing nearly 2 years and I still haven't gotten despair....

Edited by (PS4)gamerpie12

10 minutes ago, (PS4)gamerpie12 said:

The first Assassin dropped frame.  Only acquirable from the Zanuka Hunter.  :devil:  The tears would drown half the planet.

With the Assassin lures that Baro Ki'Teer sells, that wouldn't be bad at all. Find a Zanuka share and one lure can get you 4 encounters. 2 lures would get you 8 encounters, which would probably be enough to get all the parts.

That being said, with this talk of a step sequencer, there's probably going to be a lot of coding and programming that goes into this Warframe. Plus a lot of additional work for the UI guys to figure out how to set up the step sequencer in a way that fits cleanly into the game. Since she's not releasing with TWW, it will probably be the next 'major' update, U19.5.

12 minutes ago, (PS4)gamerpie12 said:

Careful, saying you'll buy something if DE does something is a fast track to getting that something done lol.

Hey, if it gets it to us faster, can we really complain? I mean, it's 10x better than waiting until the end of next month only to have it DElayed again. I'd happily pay a couple dollars to speed up the process. 

12 minutes ago, (PS4)gamerpie12 said:

But yeah, that would be the worst possible way to introduce a frame I've been playing nearly 2 years and I still haven't gotten despair....

Agreed. I have all the Stalker weapons, though. Still need one of the 3 parts to Detron and have none of the G3 drops yet (and I could use a Natural Talent on my Limbo).

It's honestly the absolute worst way I can think of to make something farmable. 

Now that I do think of it, it'd be kinda cool if it was a reward for completing part of the Index. IMO, that is. I'd enjoy a Corpus-themed boss like Kela De Thaym with her parts dropped from there. Might just be me, but that sounds like something people would actually be alright with getting. Kela doesn't give anything worthwhile except maybe a semi-decent mod that half the time a clannie could give you for free (or for a shiny Ammo Drum). The Index gives credits. Something actually useful for a large number of players. 

Edited by TrickshotMcGee

10 minutes ago, AM-Bunny said:

That being said, with this talk of a step sequencer, there's probably going to be a lot of coding and programming that goes into this Warframe. Plus a lot of additional work for the UI guys to figure out how to set up the step sequencer in a way that fits cleanly into the game.

As I recall, her abilities are finished and are to be shown off at the Australia thing DE is going to be at this week. So she should be nearly complete at this point. 

12 minutes ago, AM-Bunny said:

That being said, with this talk of a step sequencer, there's probably going to be a lot of coding and programming that goes into this Warframe. Plus a lot of additional work for the UI guys to figure out how to set up the step sequencer in a way that fits cleanly into the game. Since she's not releasing with TWW, it will probably be the next 'major' update, U19.5.

Steve talked about how he was having a lot of fun with the step sequencer, so it might not be too far off that it's certainly not too far from done in terms of code, UI right now would probably be the least finished in terms of the step sequencer.

In addition, I'm not quite sure DE plans to stick with the typical .0 and .5 update schedule anymore, since they seem to have done away with numbers in their update names. They probably wouldn't hold off a frame just because an update number, anyways.

4 minutes ago, TrickshotMcGee said:

As I recall, her abilities are finished and are to be shown off at the Australia thing DE is going to be at this week. So she should be nearly complete at this point. 

I only remember a few ability names that were thrown in as placeholders. If they're going to be shown at Australia then it seems the warframe's a lot farther in development than I thought, which is nice.

9 minutes ago, TrickshotMcGee said:

Well, perhaps we'll be able to more accurately estimate the release date when that's been seen.

I got the impression that they probably just have the step sequencer functioning; they said it's still a WIP on how it's going to work in-game and how it will be integrated into the moveset.

She didn't even have her own animation set, it was using Mirage's in the video.

12 minutes ago, AM-Bunny said:

Well, perhaps we'll be able to more accurately estimate the release date when that's been seen.

I got the impression that they probably just have the step sequencer functioning; they said it's still a WIP on how it's going to work in-game and how it will be integrated into the moveset.

She didn't even have her own animation set, it was using Mirage's in the video.

Yeah, fair enough. I just thought I remembered Rebecca saying that they were showing her abilities at their next convention, so it seemed fair to show her coloring options in the stream. I'd have to rewatch to actually find it, though. 

16 minutes ago, Arceus255 said:

I only remember a few ability names that were thrown in as placeholders. If they're going to be shown at Australia then it seems the warframe's a lot farther in development than I thought, which is nice.

I could be wrong, but I could have sworn that was said in the Stream.

Initial thoughts? "Oh no..."

We had Limbo, which was borderline stupid design-wise with no creativity of some sort. Then recently, a fairy frame and next a bard frame. Not sure where they are getting their ideas.. but i sure don't like it. Literally, a warframe with speakers. 

Spoiler

27H8i35.jpg

"Bard Frame won't fit into Warframe!'

Yeah, no. Any theme can fit into Warframe if it's done right. It just needs the alien-techno polish that our artstyle is known for. 

I don't see a literal bard, I see a concept played off of it, and that's not a problem. We haven't even seen gameplay for people to start bashing on it like this. 

It's disheartening how conservative some people can be. 

Personally, I'm hyped for it, always loved bards since ye olde days of Everquest... if it ends up being good CC, buff, jack of all trades, and not a total frail flower like Banshee I'll love it for sure... otherwise will have to see what it does before I give it an opinion, though I'd likely put it on top 5 or at least top 10 frames for me.

I'm afraid I see some guitar hero incoming in the ult... 

Amplifier:
[Lore]: Plays a song of death and decay, a beacon of hope to the tenno that gets louder and louder.

Energy cost: 50 on cast. 0/Sec

Unleashes a debuffing / Damagedealing / alliebuffing aoe, increasing range and damage each secound.. Then you have to press 4 keys (because consoles) that appear faster and faster to keep the song going. fail and you'll loose tempo or song ends and you'll have to recast

on other notes;: 

1. Tune Up Buf/Aura that increases Meele/Weapon/Ability Damage (buf)
  2. Drop D, Self buf. Speed, resilence.
  3. Pied Piper Channeled ability. Reduce movement speed. All enemys in a certain range are affected and will slowly walk toward her and follow her. (cc)
  4. Amplifier: Channeled ability: Your abilitys gain an extra feat. Also, ify ou use any ability, you emit a soundwave dealing damage and knocking down enemys.
Edited by (PS4)T0katax

Reactions, in order

1.  A music Warframe? They better make it different from Banshee, cause she's sound!!!
  2. Damn, she looks weird, dem legs 0.o . I kinda love it, though!
  3. Step-sequencer? That sounds LIT ASF. I expect 100 tutorials on how to make your favorite songs!
  4. How are we going to get her?

That's about it

Edited by Warlord1400