Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bard Warframe Speculation, Discussion and Feedback Thread

Zanoza-chan

My bet is a Warframe thats adaptive. If she's against Grineer, she'll rely on strong drums, and cymbals, and they'll be CC'd to hell. Her woodwinds will mimic their pipes, making her less noticeable. Her Exalted Guitar will shred so hard the grineer will lose all their armor and start stripping their flesh.

Against Infested, she'll have a more primal, faster-paced tempo. Her music will become hot, and burn their skin. It'll be misleading, and guide them through a waltz half-danced, a song half-sung, before she takes them out.

Against Corpus, she'll do electric damage.

So I got a chance to look at the Dev Video - and was not at all liking the music portion. The Dev stream song what Danielle was listening to sounded so much better. 

In order to be able to do sound patterns on the fly - having to sit and design a song would take ages in mission. I think the best option is to setup premade loops created by the Dev Team. Sound patterns can allow much more robust sounds and a massive improvement in quality when in game. You don't need to worry about annoying trolling. This is one feature of Fruity Loops - Loops - which has preset loop patterns for its drum kits. 

Custom Community Beats and Loop Sharing. 

Of course you want to allow users to make their own - one option is to allow loops to be uploaded to the workshop. 
What you can do is release Warframe sound drum kits - to be used with 3rd party step sequencers. That way you will have sound homoginy and allow people to make some amazing sequences with the tools they feel most comfortable with. They upload it to the workshop and you add it into the game.

That way you will always have high quality ( moderately high quality ) beats from bard frame. 

Edited by xxswatelitexx

You don't design a song during the mission,obviously. That would be in your arsenal,the same way you customize your frame colors and such.They did say we will be able to share the music created this way,so it's fine as well.And we will also have precepts made by the Devs.

24 minutes ago, xxswatelitexx said:

What you can do is release Warframe sound drum kits - to be used with 3rd party step sequencers.

What you saw was a WiP not the final product.  Also they have to design it a specific way because the bard frame will be synced up with the sounds.  I doubt allowing access to a third party software is going to mesh very well.

Not to mention anything uploaded into the steam workshop will probably cost money and I would kind of wish not to have to pay 5 to 10 dollars per song, thanks.

Let's just see how things go with the final product before trying to make it "better" based on a few minutes of preview heard over the devstream.

it reminded me of a WAY WAY more advanced version of the very old music methods used for the commodore 64 for loading music on games like Delta and Hawkeye where you could change Lead, Bass, Drums, FX to different values/types which changed the way the whole loading tune played out so it never sounde the same, i was sad enough to stop the game loading just to mess with the music.

Thou art I, and I am thou... From the sea of thy soul i cometh. I am Orpheus, Master of Srings...

+1 OP

11 minutes ago, Jamescell said:

Isn't Orpheus generally a male name? Bardframe is female.

If you play the Female mc in Persona 3 Portable Orpheus is female.

Edited by John89brensen

I was thinking Siren, maybe? I figure since we already have a Banshee, we might as well have one that's named after another creature of myth. Plus they have similar themes, so it works.

Orpheus seems a little too masculine. But then again, Siren is a little close to Saryn.

Edited by xZetsumeix

34 minutes ago, xZetsumeix said:

I was thinking Siren, maybe? I figure since we already have a Banshee, we might as well have one that's named after another creature of myth. Plus they have similar themes, so it works.

Orpheus seems a little too masculine. But then again, Siren is a little close to Saryn.

Edited by Trickst3rGawd

I agree that Orpheus sounds too masculine. How about Vivezza? It's Italian for "lively or vivacious" and is used in musical notation to characterize how a piece should be played. With her dancing idles, she certainly already has a big personality that I think the term would fit.

1 minute ago, TrickshotMcGee said:

Orpheus was a poet/prophet, was he not? 

Orpheus was a musician and poet from a Greek myth, he is the one that goes into the Underworld to save his loved one. With his music he convinces Hades to let her go back to the mortal world. Of course its a greek myth so it doesnt have a happy ending.

why is everyone's excuse as to why it shouldn't be called orpheus because the name is to masculine/not feminine enough for a living suit of armor made from infestation?

i personally like it and think it suits her you should definitely suggest it if they have a design council submission thread like with nidus

So the Bard frame you can create your own music for type of abilities. I am wondering if DE know about the game Audiosurf the game that analyzes the music you put in and then let you ride it?  That game is very enjoyable. If DE can put in some kind of music analyzer like that in the game for the Bard frame i can immediately slap my favorite song right in depend on the frame's skills i can choose my favorite powerful or gentle song to match the build i want.That is just for someone too lazy to create a beat with their beat creator thing. This is purely for fun and to know what you guys think :D