Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tenno Bow... WHEN!?!?

flamingblueice

5 minutes ago, (XB1)C0gnitive 0n3 said:

And dream I will continue. Dread is one of my top 3 primaries - I, absolutely, love that thing.

What's preventing Stalker to have picked up a tenno version of the Orokin "Dread" Prime? Does is say that Stalkers weapons are not based on Orokin design?

Because if they do, this is the first I hear of it.

And yeah love bows. How about the bows get different arrows? Varying speed,  impact, travel distance, zoom, reloadspeed, inate boons - to make me want to swap between two bows because they are really.different. 

Sidenote: do stances exist for bows?

3 minutes ago, rapt0rman said:

It' still extremely unlikely for there to be a "primed" version of his own custom weapons...

you forget what they did with the braton? they just said, the braton was a cheap imitation of the original braton prime design

or at least, i hope in the future we get shadow tier stalker weapons, something like an sentient hybrid dread

33 minutes ago, Wiz3rd said:

He didn't call himself a veteran, you're just projecting right now.

Also: I use the "mainstream" weapons, because they appeal to me. I never liked the Simulor, or Tonkor for that matter, but I use my Tigris Prime all the time. Not because it's really good, but because I like how it feels.

At least bows all differ from one another, unlike some assault rifles.

Did you read what i said? 

"If you use the mainstream S#&$ JUST BECAUSE ITS GOOD" ive never said anything about using it if you like or not

The veteran thingy wasnt from this post

14 minutes ago, arch111 said:

What's preventing Stalker to have picked up a tenno version of the Orokin "Dread" Prime? Does is say that Stalkers weapons are not based on Orokin design?

Because if they do, this is the first I hear of it.

And yeah love bows. How about the bows get different arrows? Varying speed,  impact, travel distance, zoom, reloadspeed, inate boons - to make me want to swap between two bows because they are really.different. 

Sidenote: do stances exist for bows?

The Stalkers weapons are almost definitely based on Orokin design as he was a Low Guardian, but he seems to have customized them to better perform the tasks he needs them to (that is, killing Tenno) as can be seen by the description of the Despair ("Used by the Stalker, Despair throwing blades have a mono-filament edge, sharp enough to penetrate a Warframe"). Therefore, I would say a Prime set of Stalker weapons is possible in the lore, but very unlikely as he likely modified them himself.

As for different mechanics for arrows and bows, I would be hesitant to give different arrows different abilities because of the whole "cosmetics with stats" thing that DE stopped doing with arcane helmets. Mods to do that would probably be a better course of action.

And no, there are no stances for bows. They would have a mod slot for them if they existed.

2 hours ago, Hieracon said:

Cernos is. Dread is most likely also even through its used by the Stalker. Keep in mind that Stalker uses a warframe and weapon types favored by Tenno so he must have been among the other Tenno at some point before he went rouge.

Well, yeah, going edgelord darkside implies your color tones are edgy blacks and reds to some extent.

1 hour ago, Toppien said:

stalker is orokin/tenno in escence, more like a rogue/insane operaive

meaning stalker's weapons are of tenno/orokin design

IIRC, the Stalker's weapons are said to be "Modified versions" of other weapons.
So as convoluted as it may sound, we're more likely to see those recreations of orokin weapons which Stalker himself modified, then the primes.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but if his weapons weren't made by him, then why wouldn't they be sold on the market or elsewhere?
This logic applies to pretty much any weapon with a prime version of it, with two exceptions being the Reaper Prime and Dakra Prime.

To be completely fair, we have been sprinkled with them this past year alone. Most recently the more unique Mutalist Cernos, prior to that the Daikyu, then the Raknos Cernos.

Of course that I'm not saying we shouldn't get more, quite the contrary. But I think just going "we need more bows" is only part of the conversation. I think going a step further and thinking what some possible solutions are is the way to go.

But anyway, from a statistical/mechanical perspective, what can we [they] do to make a bow that can stand on its own?

• We have two Critical bows;
  • One Syndicate bow (fastest fire rate/pullback time);
  • One long bow (with an auto-pullback mechanic);
  • And lastly one placement-based DoT bow.

There is a few more avenues we can venture into, such as:

1. Pure or nearly-pure status
  2. Conditional (i.e. Dual Toxocyst, Lesion)
  3. Splash damage (i.e. Opticore)
  4. Other small mechanics

1. Status could be interesting with no IPS or something. Even if it has to be a beam of light to make sense, then so be it haha.
          1a. Or like a low crit / 100% status chance cold bow that instantly freezes the first enemy it makes contact with would be kind of neat.

2. Conditional should be self-explainatory, but now the question is what kind of benefit / punishment should it get if you fulfill a certain requirement(s) or conversely fail to fulfill it.

3. Splash damage based honestly could be a mix of the Opticore and Daikyu into one bow. Just of course on a smaller scale lol.
    3a. Use the freeze bow idea from 1a. and if the bow impacts the ground first, does a slow effect (think Frost's first ability), with a reduced chance of them to freeze (cut it down to 50% or something, I don't know haha).

4. Some examples of small mechanics are: similar to looking like Zephyr's Tailwind, smaller enemies and items close by get pulled along toward the direction the bow is going (think Mag's Pull).
       4a. Another would be like a "Life Strike" / Vampire-esque sort of bow where for example it has a noticeable long pullback time but at full charge you can regain a % of hp that you've done to the enemy you hit the bow with. Or if completely deplete an enemy with full shields to none (and/or instantly kill them) you can regain half of the enemy's full shield value to restore yours.

Or it that's not interesting enough, maybe instead of just the ol' straight up healing you instantly, (this applies also to number 2.) you get two or so seconds of health regeneration, and/or the timer cooldown before shields start restoring again gets cut in half.

I don't know really, just shooting stuff off the top of my head lol.

But REGARDLESS of all that, definitely would love to see more bows in the future!
While they're at it, Glaives as well since the Cerata and Glaive Prime are my favourite melee weapons lol~

Edited by HalfDarkShadow

That bow?

Never. 2 years old so it's probably not going to be seen in game.

To be honest bows are rarely used, they don't need to add more. There is a massive collection of MR fodder weapons that get no use outside of that MR. I really want them to calm down with the weapons now and release one good one every now and then instead of the huge collection of trash ones we have now. 

What about passive explosive arrows? Like a Penta for bows.

You fire three arrows in the grund,  wait for the moas to stand ontop, click button. Boom boom boom.

You fire three bows into a horde of infested, get to safety, click boom boom.boom.

Spoiler

14732286_2144110852480059_56261325070235

if i look at this i looks like some of them are ingame already but changed abit. like number 2: it looks like the ballistica before they changed it to a secondary

same for number 5 and 6. 5 looks like a prototype for dread and 6 the front fiew looks like the cernos. only the final product changed tiny bit.

(or i am just seeing things)

5 hours ago, flamingblueice said:

I recently saw this picture and had my mind blown. WHEN THE HELL IS THIS GONNA GET RELEASED??????? Anyone got ANY bit of info whatsoever? Please do share and tell. I have been driven nuts by the design, and this is the Perfect idea of a primary weapon that i had in my mind. As someone who primarily uses bows and has Dread as the most used weapon, I need THIS, so bored of the designs of the other Bows. PLEASE!14732286_2144110852480059_56261325070235

that kind of looks like ivaras artemis bow

5 hours ago, flamingblueice said:

But all the bows have such boring designs! They dont feel KILLER, as they should. I have been waiting for a reskin for bows and we got the Dyrad one, which sucks if used on any other frame except oberon. And this is one of the concepts that DE pitched i think. I read it on the Warframe international page and couldn't keep myself contained. Yes it is old, but does anyone have any idea what this was or is there any way to promote this design, so that it comes in light and the devs notice it? We sorely need another bow and one that does not fire farts, or take ages to charge and shoot. I wish we get one with the ASH deluxe bundle...

And since we are stealthy space ninjas, we are sorely under equipped to fit the job description. ( proper ninja fashioned way )

Bows are not killer... It's the arrows that do the killing.