The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So, the next prime...

Flashbinder

either Banshee or Valkyr.

if It's banshee, we need some SERIOUS durability buffs, particularly in the armour region. she needs at least 150 armour, but i doubt she'll get that much as DE may want to keep her squishy as a means of balance. that's her biggest flaw, and the reason she's not one of the poplar frames, an excellent glass cannon, at being both powerful and fragile. I'd be happier if she had the same durability as Nova Prime, who can at least take a couple stray bullets before she's in any danger at higher levels.

if it's Valkyr, I question whether she will even receive an armour buff or not. on one hand it would be great, and appropriate for her, but on the other, some people may not like her having nearly 1000 base armour, essentially putting other Tanks like Ice Chroma and Inaros to shame. also curious as to how she'll look: I'm expecting Gersemi prime due to Gersemi being her form before Alad got his creepy hands on her.

Just now, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

either Banshee or Valkyr.

if It's banshee, we need some SERIOUS durability buffs, particularly in the armour region

No we don't. Buffing the drawback of a frame doesn't do anything to enhance the frame as a unique playstyle, rather it erodes any differences it forces the player into adapting to when switching to it. Buffing slow frames in speed for their prime is just as lazy of a game design choice. I really hope they keep her just as flimsy as her base version and buff some other aspect. Anything but health/shields or armor, please.

4 minutes ago, AuroraSonicBoom said:

No we don't. Buffing the drawback of a frame doesn't do anything to enhance the frame as a unique playstyle, rather it erodes any differences it forces the player into adapting to when switching to it. Buffing slow frames in speed for their prime is just as lazy of a game design choice. I really hope they keep her just as flimsy as her base version and buff some other aspect. Anything but health/shields or armor, please.

while I understand your point, there's one problem: ALL (prime) frames so far have had a buff to either health, shields or armour, with the occasional movement speed and energy max buff thrown in. Banshee prime's bonuses will look too lacklustre if she doesn't get something over her Vanilla.

besides, armour really only takes a noticeable effect past 200+, if they bump her up to 50, that will suffice and she'll still be made of paper compared to other frames.

Edited by (PS4)robotwars7

1 hour ago, AuroraSonicBoom said:

Image result for what gif

Too late.  Ship has sailed.  Rhino prime had a direct buff to his base speed.   

I want some damn armor. You can keep Base Banshee and enjoy the glass cannon.

51 minutes ago, AcceI said:

Image result for what gif

Too late.  Ship has sailed.  Rhino prime had a direct buff to his base speed.   

I want some damn armor. You can keep Base Banshee and enjoy the glass cannon.

Making one mistake does not mean they have to do it again. I'm pretty sure that if they'll end up giving her armor it'll be only a negligible amount, a symbolic gesture to shut up complaints and keep her paper thin.

2 hours ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

while I understand your point, there's one problem: ALL (prime) frames so far have had a buff to either health, shields or armour, with the occasional movement speed and energy max buff thrown in. Banshee prime's bonuses will look too lacklustre if she doesn't get something over her Vanilla.

besides, armour really only takes a noticeable effect past 200+, if they bump her up to 50, that will suffice and she'll still be made of paper compared to other frames.

There are buffs they can give her which wouldn't make the frame more attractive for the run and gun players while still giving her more survivability IF the player is acting smart. A 30% CD reduction of her shield regen I would have nothing against, because it doesn't cheapen the integrity of the frame's basic design while promoting players to stay constantly aware of possible cover to hide behind in case they need it. How much armor does Nyx P have compared to Nyx' 15? 65? If Banshee P gets that much, it'd be essentially nothing and only noticeable on levels that don't do enough damage to be considered a real threat. While it'd be pointless I'd be okay with that, as long as she's still the first one to go down when S#&$ hits the fan(player skill not taken into account).

Edited by AuroraSonicBoom

Even the normal Banshee needs a buff in survivability, honestly. Such fragile frame is just a burden to the team in high level missions - there are so many ways to slaughter the enemies, really no point to pick a fragile one. That's pretty much why she is the least used frame. I'd rather give her a buff instead of letting her become a symbol of skilled minors.

Edited by Marvelous_A

Banshee, with a little rework is my bet for the next prime. ie: recastable silence

Valk prime needs way more work than the normal prime like nekros, vauban, etc. Not sure if they even thought about that as of now, considering they focus on TWW. 

It will be Banshee but all glass frame need tweaks on survivaliabity and buff their stats. This does not mean it will lose anything why play them rather balance them. The regular Banshee also need buffs keeping the earliest state stats while the game evolved is just ignorance. Back in time Banshee have not met so strong enemies now there are many who can One shot u no matter how agile u are.

10 hours ago, Flashbinder said:

Banshee

^

Unless DE would pull another "Nova" case

4 hours ago, AuroraSonicBoom said:

There are buffs they can give her which wouldn't make the frame more attractive for the run and gun players while still giving her more survivability IF the player is acting smart. A 30% CD reduction of her shield regen I would have nothing against, because it doesn't cheapen the integrity of the frame's basic design while promoting players to stay constantly aware of possible cover to hide behind in case they need it. How much armor does Nyx P have compared to Nyx' 15? 65? If Banshee P gets that much, it'd be essentially nothing and only noticeable on levels that don't do enough damage to be considered a real threat. While it'd be pointless I'd be okay with that, as long as she's still the first one to go down when S#&$ hits the fan(player skill not taken into account).

a kudo to you

3 hours ago, Marvelous_A said:

Even the normal Banshee needs a buff in survivability, honestly. Such fragile frame is just a burden to the team in high level missions - there are so many ways to slaughter the enemies, really no point to pick a fragile one. That's pretty much why she is the least used frame. I'd rather give her a buff instead of letting her become a symbol of skilled minors.

It is extremely unlikely that you will ever see a banshee with 100+ armor

5 hours ago, jodarkrider said:

If it's not Valkyr, I'll be SadValkyrFace.
Unfortunately, probably Banshee will be next, though.

Why so sad while knowing that valkitty would likely come right after sonar girl?

Edited by Teloch

10 hours ago, Newnight said:

Sorry, you said hydroid prime.

lol - that pic.

Yeah, I know Hydroid does not get a lot of love (just like the Archwing) but I've played/tried several frames recently and him and Nekros were my instant favs. I belive Hydroid probably add some rework done, ence, for me he was fine. And since Nekros is already prime... He would be my second choice.

I swear, it's almost a running joke right now that whenever a new Prime Access is about to happen for a frame that isn't popularized by a majority of the Warframe community that the "Unless they pull another 'Nova Prime' card" is a convincing argument. This was the case when Vauban Prime's Access was expected earlier this year, but a majority of us wanted Nekros Prime released before Vauban Prime.

There's many, many relative and conclusive evidence that the next Prime will be Banshee Prime. I really wish that the "Nova Prime" and "Frost Prime" arguments could be put to rest (or put back in the speculative backburner) because those were mere exceptions and DE has stated that they will strictly follow their set chronological order.

17 hours ago, maj.death said:

Many desks will be flipped if it aint Banshee.

Banshee Banshee Banshee Banshee Banshee Banshee Banshee Banshee Banshee Banshee Banshee Banshee Banshee Banshee Banshee Banshee Banshee Banshee Banshee Banshee Banshee Banshee Banshee Banshee Banshee Banshee Banshee Banshee Banshee Banshee Banshee Banshee Banshee Banshee Banshee Banshee Banshee Banshee Banshee Banshee Banshee Banshee Banshee Banshee Banshee Banshee Banshee Banshee Banshee Banshee Banshee Banshee Banshee Banshee Banshee Banshee Banshee Banshee Banshee Banshee Banshee Banshee Banshee Banshee Banshee Banshee Banshee Banshee Banshee Banshee Banshee Banshee Banshee Banshee Banshee Banshee Banshee Banshee Banshee Banshee Banshee Banshee Banshee Banshee Banshee Banshee Banshee Banshee Banshee Banshee Banshee Banshee Banshee Banshee Banshee Banshee Banshee Banshee Banshee Banshee Banshee Banshee Banshee Banshee Banshee Banshee Banshee Banshee Banshee Banshee Banshee 

On 11/1/2016 at 11:15 PM, AuroraSonicBoom said:

Making one mistake does not mean they have to do it again. I'm pretty sure that if they'll end up giving her armor it'll be only a negligible amount, a symbolic gesture to shut up complaints and keep her paper thin.

Image result for facepalm gif

~Oh but they did.~  *Looks at Saryn Prime*...*Then Nyx Prime*....And so on.

Ash Prime has more than double armor as his counterpart.

Trollban Prime double the armor too.

Volt armor is 15.  Volt Prime armor is 100.  Such thin much wow?Image result for troll face

You can go on and on.

Banshee Prime better have some damn armor upgrades or else, what's the point?

It'll probably be Banshee and she'll probably get a shield buff. That's been a trend for some time for the female prime caster-type 'frames.

Now if we get shield gating with that, well...so much the better (also, as an aside, consider how significant shield regeneration mods will be with a shield gate...).

You might get some armor, but the precedent is 15 armor to 50 armor. Yeah. Just so.

On 2.11.2016 at 0:55 AM, Equinox_Knight_Light said:

Imagine the stat increase on Valkyr Prime. She already has 600 armor, she doesn't need anymore to increase how deadly she already is.

The only thing I expect to be better with the Primed stats it just more health and maybe (but only maybe) more energy.

On November 1, 2016 at 8:44 PM, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

Banshee Prime's buff philosophy will mirror my beloved Volt Prime's so expect a meaningful but not incredible armor increase to 75-100.

Bank on it.

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73