Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Naramon or Zenurik

spatakiller123

Question

So i was thinking that it is probably about time i change my focus to something elae from madurai (Which in case u didnt know is probably the worst focus school right now)

I am presented with two choices for the "best" focus school right now: Naramon and Zenurik I 

I really can't choose between the two,both offer amazing passives.Naramon shadow step can turn any survival into ez mod and Zenurik energy overflow...I can only dream of how often i can bladestorm with that thing on.So, which focus school should i try first?

22 answers to this question

Obviously Naramon if you play a crits melee wpn.

Every single Warframe becomes viable on HL. Btw you increase highly your survivability and your melee wpns are more efficient.

You don't use melee? So choose Zenurik but since I got Naramon I use this school everytime, my Orthos prime with a crits build loves it.

Edited by CGs_Knackie

39 minutes ago, spatakiller123 said:

Which in case u didnt know is probably the worst focus school right now

Madurai is actually pretty good, its passive grant some fairly decent extra damage.  Unairu, on the other hand, is the worst focus path in my opinion.  Its passives are pretty terrible.  You have to be hit to have a chance to petrify melee attackers (other than infested, fairly rare enemy types), its armor bonus is utter nonsense for the majority of frames 12% armor bonus? mmmkay.  Mighty blows is probably decent but is only useful against high HIGH level grineer/corrupted and going toe to toe with them is usually a bad idea.

Anyway, zenurik is the best place to go next.  Naramon and zenurik are without a doubt the top two most used focus schools and only DE can say which is ahead and by how much.

Naramon for invis, especially if you're doing long missions and don't have some form of CC for whatever reason. Zenurik so you can use abilities sooner or if you're running a Quick Thinking build and need some extra energy regeneration for w/e reason.

I have both Zenurik and Naramon focus and most of the time i use Zenurik because most frames just need that energy regen. I use Naramon only on survivals where i reach 20mins+ because the invi from it cant be removed by nullifier bubbles and the crit bonus makes red crits easy.

From a tenno that has both, i advise you get Zenurik first then get Naramon.

What are your favorite frames? this is the question you need to ask yourself in order to answer your own question.

I personally melee everything all the time and Naramon would be a great focus for me. But ive chosen Zenurik because my favorite warframes play a more support role so its imperative that i have energy. Zenurik is pretty useless and trivial for quick runs and missions but on endless and endurance run Zenurik is super useful. 

I havent really used Naramon at all but Zenurik is really only useful for its passive and reduced cooldown timer. Chances are you wont get anything else in the Zen tree.

SO if you love to melee and dont rely on energy starved frames or support frames that should always be ready then go naramon. If youre like me, go zenurik

They're both incredibly powerful with certain frames. Naramon being the most powerful but least versatile.

I would say get Zenurik simply because it doesn't take long at all and it's the one I use the most.

You only really need 2 nodes and you're done. One of the nodes is useful for Energy Conversion mod but you don't really need it.

Naramon takes longer to invest in, esp if you want to also get Traumatic Redirection for Arcane Avenger + Grace.

Madurai IPS passives improve most crit based weapon damage by +25%, it's quite good actually.

From personal experience, the crits and on-hit invisibility from Naramon is just too good to give up, and here's some reasons why:

As any frame, when a teammate goes down, Naramon makes enemies fight amongst each other, while you can revive (potentially) your entire team. Also, correct me if I'm wrong,  feel like the pulses are bigger at Level 1, which somewhat allows you to put all your points into more useful branches, although it's not that significant. Here's the thing: the effect isn't purged by Nullifiers (but it IS blocked).

• Wukong/Valkyr/Titania/Excalibro: Get lots of energy & efficiency > Naramon > Activate Ulti > GG
  • Ash/Loki: Enter mission and afk for 3 minutes > Naramon > Instakillstreak
  • Frost: Naramon > Snowglobe > Enemies run to you, but not shooting the globe
  • Rhino: Iron Skin > Naramon > Taking damage mitigation to a whole new level
  • Ember/Saryn/Volt: Turns them into walking invisible deathbombs (Speed ftw)

You may have noticed that a lot of the frames I mentioned are usually meleeframes and maybe you don't like them, but hey.

• Defense/Survival: Shifts your melee damage up by a level, and gives you temporary free invisibility, and 3 min cd enemy confusion.
  • Exterminate/other stuff: Not much, it's more likely you'll finish the mission before the Focus is even ready if you kill fast. If else like Ext. Sorties, it can help you defensively by giving invis on hitting, and offensively by increasing your crit damage against enemies.

Since you mentioned using Bladestorm alot, I think you should try Naramon. That way, you can focus your Ash mods for maximum efficiency (Fleeting ext.+Streamline), and strength, while negating duration since only Smokescreen has duration. You can gain invisibility by hitting enemies, instead of casting smokescreen, using it for the small aoe stagger instead. Personally I use this build, and I don't see much problem with it unless your squad bleeds out often lol. Just keep in mind that you need to activate Naramon in the current mission before getting the passives. This means in short missions you won't have Smokescreen to use much if you don't counter the -duration.

Stay cool, may the RNGods be with you :cool:

They are both very good, I use Naramon for survival sorties and zenurik for energy hungry frames.... Just do both? Zenurik u just want energy overflow maxed first and Naramon you want to get Shadow step maxed first. I have all Focus schools unlocked and I use all the lenses I get from sorties on weapons and frames I use most. I don't even farm focus. Once a week I visit Operator and spend points I've gained on all the passive trees first, then on Mastery and finally on the rest... why limit to just one at a time? Admittedly it would be faster initially but once you have those two skills unlocked you won't pay so much attention to it I guess? 

The debate is interesting on which is better or more useful, but the answer to the question is both.

Zenurik is very fast to unlock and max what you need.  The 1st passive that regenerates energy and the cool down reduction.  That's it.  Capping every day this is maybe a couple of weeks.

Naramon is not as fast but close as you need another passive to get to Shadow step.

Zenurik for general purpose since it cuts the need for a EV or Energy Pods heavily. The only problem is if you are using warframes with toggleable abilities that stop energy regen [ Hysteria, Absorb , Peacemaker, Prowl and so on]. 

Naramon is amazing on melee frames tho. 

I've got both zenurik and naramon.... I still keep going back to zenurik because of the energy being replenished. 

Having said that I can see a use for naramon shadow step with loki and a dagger with covert lethality.... or when I'm using inaros where I don't really use his abilities.