The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mediocre weapons that work wonders with enough dedication

Cyborg-Rox

12 hours ago, Govictory said:

soma prime with a crit build is the best automatic rifle in the game, yet no one uses it because tonkor and tonkor and tigris prime exist

I absolutely do use it, although I also own a tonkor and a tigris. The weaps are not exclusive to each other.

karak is popular because i believe u going for headshots with those builds, not all weapons have bareable recoil, and satisfying fire rate.

as for my latest favourite hands down to sobek, u can take it to all starchart and sortie 1, later would recommend other weapons, so using 4 forma sobek nearly all the time.

The Aksomati are my babies. Their shape, the magazines, those little metal wings at the top of the muzzle, the sounds they make, it's all perfect. And the fact that they rely heavily on crit values to make up for low base damage. Modding for it has become a game in itself. I've been using the Shadow Debt mods on it, Hydraulic Corsshairs for bonus Crit on headshot and occasionally Targeting Subsystem to find that headshot faster. I've been trying to chunk Hollow Point in there too, but it doesn't seem to be making much difference.

45 minutes ago, Agentawesome said:

I think you need help 

:D

43 minutes ago, Cyborg-Rox said:

Aka 26,000 suicides

Between the normal penta and secura penta I also have 21,000 kills

#worthit

Here is my Kohm:

20161106110355_1_zpsvimlgrhb.jpg

18,000 kills

Also noting my 7 forma dethmachine rifle and yes I did level extra mods just for my dethcube. :3

20161106112643_1_zpsnts0zmvg.jpg

Edited by S0V3REiGN

18 hours ago, Jackviator said:

Latron Prime. Because even though it's a status-based weapon that can only really rack up maybe 2 statuses a second, and even though it's a slow-firing marksman rifle in a fast-paced horde-shooter, it sounds bloody amazing to fire.

Eh, I don't know if I would have classed Latron Prime as mediocre. It was nice before the buff and even nicer afterwards. 

Edited by Naith

I put several Forma into all three Grakata variants and these ARE effective.

Also I use Limbo with Sobek, Mara Detron, Ripkas (put some Forma into this stuff) and he absolutely destroys Sortie 3 enemies including Heavy Gunner Eximus units (Rift Surge + Hunter Bonesaw Ripkas build OHK almost anything).

Vasto Prime is generally considered meh compared to Varelok or Lex Prime. After some forma and properly modded it is probably one of the scariest bleed-machine around (still not as deadly as Twin Grakatas, sadly).

Harpak and Buzlok are pretty decent with Stabilizer (not God-tier), since it is the huge recoil which makes these weapons so bad.

12 hours ago, Cyborg-Rox said:

No need to be harsh just because I don't use your precious punchthrough. First of all, using 4 elements like this gets me the perfect balance of Ferrite and Alloy armor damage, along with pushing up that status chance as well. Second, the Karak Wraith can already be pretty ammo inefficient if you don't use it carefully. Increasing fire-rate just makes that worse, not to mention the reduced sustained DPS. And finally, third, I've just never found punchthrough that useful personally. I haven't tried it out much apart from weapons that have it innately, though I do use Seeking Fury on my Vaykor Hek.

Not being harsh just pointing out the obvious. Many people can be infatuated with high dps numbers on paper but forget that those are theoretical numbers, in game the situation if often different.  

The point of punch through is increased ammo efficiency since you can hit 2 enemies in a row with the same amount of ammo. A mate of mine has a silly Soma P built with metal augor,  it seems like a total waste of slot and dps until you camp a narrow passage way and that dude chain head shoots 3 guys with 1 squeeze of the trigger. Karak is the better anti Corpus gun anyways with its high impact so no need to tweak it for something that is not necessary.

Also it is priceless to be able to shoot through doors and down narrow corridors when an entire horde is running towards you neatly lined up.

What is more ammo efficient? Killing each dude with 2 ammo or killing 2 dudes with 3 because those 3 pass through the first and hit the second behind killing him as well.   

Also many enemies like to hide, either you take careful aim and hit the small spot that is still visible, or wait until he moves out of cover to shoot, or you shoot straight through their cover.

Edited by TwistedDee

21 hours ago, Govictory said:

soma prime with a crit build is the best automatic rifle in the game, yet no one uses it because tonkor and tonkor and tigris prime exist

I never use it because I never had enough ammo.

Ironically I'm about to my fifth forma on my prisma grakata.

3 minutes ago, Ker-Blammo said:

While im not sure theyre classified as mediocre weapons, ive put a lot of work into the braton prime, and the prisma gorgon. Gorgon is by far my favorite weapon series.

You are now a member of JerechoNC's Gorgon Fan Club. One of us...

1165ABF6F4AE27192EE6C2264722FA42406E8A63

Forma pending, used to run ammo mutation.

C7AD264F0622DD332DD56B5E4953D07B2C1E144C

5 or 6 Forma Nukor with either 100%+ Status for Gas, 10.8x. Crit Damage or something inbetween with an 8x Crit Damage and 50-70% Status

Synoid Gammacor with 8 Forma because it wrecks so damn hard, dont understand why noone uses that anymore since the 900% Increase in Ammo Consumption

7 hours ago, TwistedDee said:

Also many enemies like to hide, either you take careful aim and hit the small spot that is still visible, or wait until he moves out of cover to shoot, or you shoot straight through their cover.

Hardly a problem, especially in warframes environment. Use a power or generally go give them a taste of your blade as they cower.

Can't think of a time where I've had to carefully aim (or wait) for a target taking cover like in normal fps's also thinking 'damn you for taking cover' or where I've then decided to get up close and personal and been punished for it. I'd go as far as to say never.