Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Valkyr Prime design lore discussion

Cyborg-Rox

People keep saying it messes up her lore but how? There's currently two Valkyrs. Pre and Post Alad-V. Now I don't own the Gemeni skin, but based on what it says in the wikia there's no reason why she shouldn't have a prime. I've seen some people go as far as to say she should have completely different abilities which just doesn't make any sense to me because the Gemeni skin doesn't give new powers and the changes are very minor. Keeping the changes created by the Gemeni skin and maybe different screams but other than that, that's it. 

Timeline: Valkyr Prime, Gemeni Valkyr, Valkyr.

Gemeni is the cheap knockoff of Prime. Gemeni got captured and turned into the Valkyr we know today.

Or am I missing something?

16 hours ago, Kyryo said:

Basically you are suggesting them to create a platinum farm. Interesting point ! lets make them pay 500 plats for a skin, and make them have a 250plat skin as requisite to use it ! PROFIT

That's one way of doing it - if a bit cheeky. I'd personally imagined they'd then put the original Gersemi skin in alerts or you make the Prime variation buildable from alerts but still requiring a plat skin purchase so they don't lose out from the idea.

I don't think it's necessarily that she shouldn't exist at all, but it seems the design should be based off of the Gersemi skin since that's her 'true form'. However, it's obviously more akin to the tortured form, which as the product of Alad V's experiments.

That's the part that seems shaky to me.

EDIT: Also, some people claim that Valkyr Prime should have different powers. The argument being that her rage is fueled by the torture she endured, so no torture = no rage. I personally disagree with this one, but I can see the logic.

Edited by AM-Bunny

2 minutes ago, AM-Bunny said:

I don't think it's necessarily that she shouldn't exist at all, but it seems the design should be based off of the Gersemi skin since that's her 'true form'. However, it's obviously more akin to the tortured form, which as the product of Alad V's experiments.

That's the part that seems shaky to me.

EDIT: Also, some people claim that Valkyr Prime should have different powers. The argument being that her rage is fueled by the torture she endured, so no torture = no rage. I personally disagree with this one, but I can see the logic.

I made that rage commented when they first showed off Gersemi skin, but I'm they will come up with some lore to solve the problem with her powers.  Maybe she was called child too many times and got very angry

21 minutes ago, Raniu said:

There's the pattern that we can observe in the previous prime access trailers.

In the Saryn Prime trailer, we can see her fight the Infested.

Vauban trailer features the Corpus.

Yeah, by the way, my english is not perfect, can you tell me what Ballas says exactly ?

Why is he so suspicious about the Corpus ? "We must st watch upon them."

Like in the last era of Orokin Empire, the Corpus had grown in power and wealth beyond what was acceptable for Ballas.

So this merchant guild was dangerous and concerning even for them, under their rule ? It reminds me Dune somehow, with an emperor

powerless without the Navigators Cult.

I understood well the purpose behind Saryn conception, but Vauban... not so much.

Edited by Stonehenge

They can perfectly make us drop Broken Valkyr Prime Systems, that we would have to merge with Valkyr Systems to craft the complete Valkyr Prime, thus explaining why she has the tortured spells. :D

(but I think they don't care - we shouldn't either. Just enjoy playing her or just stick to normal Valkyr or put the prime the Gersemi skin.)

Edited by Chewarette

DE kinda shot itself in the foot by putting that description in the gersemi skin that people latch on to as a canon as much as people latch onto the dragon nikana because it has the word Dragon in it.. I think it should be rewritten in the end because of the obvious faults.

I believe it's Gersemi, not Gemini. I could be wrong.

Anyways, more on topic. Some people believe that the Corpus made Valkyr, and they believe that her powers are derivative of the torture she experienced while in the custody of Alad V, hence her screaming and stuff. I wonder why she screams. I mean, given what we know, wouldn't it actually be our Operators screaming? Maybe the Warframes have the capacity to feel emotion, and the Operator can feel those emotions? It makes my head hurt.

I kind of went off on a tangent, but personally, I don't think it's realistic that all Warframes have Primes. I think it's plausible to believe that the Tenno continue to design and build their own new Warframes. Nova was designed by the Design Council, but she has a Prime, which strikes me as odd... There's a lot of contradicting stuff.

Because Valkyr prime looks like after Corpus Valkyr+ gold and not like Prime Gersemi, which lead to Alad V somehow/mabye knows what Valkyr prime looks and Tenno dont and they create Gersemi appearance

Edited by Myscho

normal valkyrs powers went out of control due to the mental and physical torture alad v performed on her.

the prime is her back when she still had full mental control over her powers.

and as for her look compared to gersemi skin its easy to deal with it the primes are the FIRST of the frames they built not the mass production models they where basically the display model with all the trimings. 

gersemi skin would be the more easily made mass produced warframe like almost every other frames basic forms

Edited by Machine_Head
reasons

5 minutes ago, Stonehenge said:

Yeah, by the way, my english is not perfect, can you tell me what Ballas says exactly ?

Why is he so suspicious about the Corpus ? "We must st watch upon them."

Like in the last era of Orokin Empire, the Corpus had grown in power and wealth beyond what was acceptable for Ballas.

So this merchant guild was dangerous and concerning even for them, under their rule ? It reminds me Dune somehow, with an emperor

powerless without the Navigators Cult.

I understood well the purpose behind Saryn conception, but Vauban... not so much.

Control. Crowd control, specifically.

8 minutes ago, Stonehenge said:

I think that what was beyond acceptable for Ballas was that the Corpus were too much into the so called 'profit'.

8 minutes ago, Stonehenge said:

He exactly says "Those kneeling at the altar of commerce will be returned to the void" xD

It's like the Orokin wanted to make sure that the Corpus respect (or even fear) them.

Edited by Raniu