Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Grind in order to Grind

MattM01

Grinding for new Relics to grind for new Prime gear. I understand that some grind is needed in a game b/c it in a sense is fun and people get to play and talk with each other. I am not complaining about the basic kind of grinding, but when you are forced to grind for new relics that hardly drop for hours in order to try to attain new prime gear that are rare drop is asinine. I usually listen to Tactical Potato, Original Wicked fun, and Headshot and the nice thing about them is that they address issues like this. I'm not trying to change anything here b/c that won't happen but I'm just wondering does anyone else feel this way? How many here have spent way too many hours on endless grind missions in order to get 1-10 new relics so they can farm for new rare Prime parts only to have to do the same process again and again these last few days?

I feel like we've been over this topic a hundred times on how vastly improved the relic system is to alleviate grinding over void system even with numbers and statistic. Yet here we are, our weekly thread against relics. 

If you watched Tatical potato, Brozime then you would understand it's better.  If you listen to headshot or original it's somewhat bias and unreliable. 

One of the Reasons I miss Endless Void Missions. 

the game has always been a cycle of grinding in order to grind. Some of the fun used to be Grinding in order to Develop the best setups to last for over an hour or 40+ rounds. 

so when a new primed dropped your 1 T4 Survival Key could go a lot Farther than a Mastery Rank 1 getting backpacked through fissure missions. 

My only issue with this system is that there's not enough places to get relics FROM.

In Void 1.0 we farmed endless missions because it was the most efficient use of keys.
In Void 2.0 we farm endless missions because it's the only reliable place to get relics.

Grinding the same thing over and over again is boring.

Adding a random relic to all those useless credits-only alerts would fix this.

Edited by Shifted

Well if you play the game for one thing and one thing only of course you're going to get burned out. That's why it's important to have multiple goals when playing. Do a endless to get some relics. Then play some Rathuum. Do the syndicate missions. Do some vault runs. It will come in time eventually. :)

We had to grind in order to grind in both the old void system and the current one. Just that in the old one veterans or long time players didn't feel it as much due to the parts being swapped into the keys you already had, but if you were a newer player or had run out of the specific key that you needed, you would still need to grind keys in order to grind the prime parts.

To me, the newer system is better as it allowed targeted farming as there is only 6 items per relic instead of having 5-10 items per rotation or mission and that you can still get vaulted stuff if you need it via relics that don't get removed from your inventory when something is vaulted whereas in the old system, if you didn't get the Prime frame in time, it was either buy from trading or wait for it to come back.

33 minutes ago, MattM01 said:

Grinding for new Relics to grind for new Prime gear. I understand that some grind is needed in a game b/c it in a sense is fun and people get to play and talk with each other. I am not complaining about the basic kind of grinding, but when you are forced to grind for new relics that hardly drop for hours in order to try to attain new prime gear that are rare drop is asinine. I usually listen to Tactical Potato, Original Wicked fun, and Headshot and the nice thing about them is that they address issues like this. I'm not trying to change anything here b/c that won't happen but I'm just wondering does anyone else feel this way? How many here have spent way too many hours on endless grind missions in order to get 1-10 new relics so they can farm for new rare Prime parts only to have to do the same process again and again these last few days?

day one , i end with all the valkyr and cernos (1 left from venka)  parts and with relics to spare (and with lots of rng fails) ... if you think that one day to obtain 3 prime sets it's to much grind ..... wrong game .

19 minutes ago, SeaUrchins said:

I prefer to throw some plats to greedy grinding peasants to do the job for me. Yeah, I pay to get rid of the in my game experience.

Sir, I think your monocle has slipped into your glass of wine. Wish to order a filthy peasant to reclaim it?

Edited by Teloch

50 minutes ago, MattM01 said:

Cool. I'm still waiting for people who are annoyed by this set up which I am guessing are the majority.

Quite the opposite, if the players I've met are any indication. While there certainly are many vocal people who don't like it, it is, as far as I'm concerned, an improvement over the original. Relics are easy to come by for me, as I constantly run Spies for leveling. Honestly, while there is a new level of RNG, overall, the grind is better.

I did syndicate missions and farmed all of Valkyr prime access from relics I got from syndicate packs. It's the same as the keys were. Did the same for Nekros prime too.

At this point I feel people don't prepare at all so I just cannot support the grind threads sorry. Have so few considered alternative methods of relic acquisition that we still have threads like this? DE gave syndicates something really worth while investing to prevent endless grind and people just ignore it and complain nonetheless.

Edited by Major_Phantom

the grind really isn't that hard though. anyone who even devotes a portion of their time towards Syndicate missions can just buy relic packs from them via standing, and there are several Excavations across the system that are good sources for Relics. the only part that might be irksome is running out of Void Traces, but for that you can just run one of your hundreds of Lith relics (or not take a Relic at all) to farm them, and you're getting Ducats at the same time.

I've only got 4 of the new parts so far, but there's no rush. Valkyr Prime isn't going anywhere any time soon, she's only just arrived.

It's a lot less hassle than it was before the change, imo.

The relics themselves aren't any more or less of a hassle than they were before... But the relic missions are vastly simpler and faster to navigate on average.

Less hassle is good. 

Acquiring these items should be a massive undertaking as they are premium items and can cost a pretty penny to acquire otherwise so I understand and agree with the need for a grind.

...That said, I have not heard of an instance where no player was able to acquire the whole set the day a PA launched.

Pretty fair, imo. 

1 hour ago, xFrostKnightx said:

I feel like we've been over this topic a hundred times on how vastly improved the relic system is to alleviate grinding over void system even with numbers and statistic. Yet here we are, our weekly thread against relics. 

If you watched Tatical potato, Brozime then you would understand it's better.  If you listen to headshot or original it's somewhat bias and unreliable. 

I still feel like they could have reduced the grind for prime parts without introducing the new system by removing the non prime parts off the void drop tables and moving forma to starchart missions.

They could have at least made the void viable for trace farming, right now beyond argon farming the void doesn't have much of a purpose.

Edited by Madway7
I had to rewrite this as my internet cut out, so it might not give off my original message.

1 hour ago, Shreiko said:

Definitely the grind is still there the thing is that you arent only seeing the void tileset now. The only thing I can ask for is an addition not a change, For there to be an ingame way to know what missions drop what relics.

I wish it was simply a codex entry we could look up

1 hour ago, Madway7 said:

I still feel like they could have reduced the grind for prime parts without introducing the new system by removing the non prime parts off the void drop tables and moving forma to starchart missions.

They could have at least made the void viable for trace farming, right now beyond argon farming the void doesn't have much of a purpose.

I actually feel this new system is less grindy and more rewarding. Before I had to spend hours trying to get a single rare part. I got Cernos Prime in little to no time.

I do wish the void was somewhat useful. Either in regards to traces or relics. It would be great if the void at least always rewarded a relic based off what branch(Lith for Phobos, Axi for Sedna) you played, or gave traces based on which branch you played