Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ash Revisited Feedback Megathread

[DE]Danielle

8 hours ago, (PS4)CoolD2108 said:

Why tho? We have more then enough stances and melee buffs. Like there's any reason to not have a frame synergice to melee which is stronger then those to begin with.

Not to mention that we in fact allready have a frame who meets the criteria of:

Having a stance ultimate

profiting off stealth multipliers

and having range

which is excalibur. That's right. The collective of the Stance ideas summs up to making ash an excalibur clone in a sense.

It does have its functionality and it performs awesome in it, what reason is there to change it just to please people who do not want to play it? 

Give me one good reason for changing (equals nerfing in this case) an ability due to what's in its essence the immaturity of a playerbase?

Why have a low performing piece of bad design when you can have that AND a worth using Stance Mode? How about NOT making a stance mod centered around mindless Espam and instead on Finishers?

3 hours ago, (PS4)CoolD2108 said:

Augumenting melee range. It gives the possibility to mark enemys you pass so you don't have to keep attention to stab them 1by1, so you don't miss enemys, what's quite the weakness of melee while teleport adresses another issue of melee: That you have to run up to them.

One ability gives range, the other movement. 2 completely different purposes. Why would you use bladestorm indeed when you're able to run 50m back so you melee every single enemy you haven't hit or killed one by one.

Totally not like you save a lotta time just using bladestorm instead.

Or you could throw a few shurikens, which don't interrupt the game flow, or switch to a gun and shoot them, which is less expensive.

There's also the fact that, without failstorm marking mode active, you have way better vision, as BS mode turns everything darker and sepia, making somewhat difficult to distinguish enemies. Let alone marking priority targets.

"Augmenting melee range" is the most nonsensical argument I've seen so far. Ash already does all of that and better with the rest of his kit. BS is actually a hindrance to melee playstyle as you only watch cutscenes. Using it to wipe the last remaining dudes is pointless too in  general because they run towards you. And when killing enemies isn't the main objective it is just as pointless to tag them as you run past them towards the objective.

"Great I arrived to the terminal I need to defend, let's instead take 10 to 20 seconds to kill all those dudes that will come here anyway while the newly spawned ones destroy my objective"

vor 11 Minuten schrieb Nazrethim:

Why have a low performing piece of bad design when you can have that AND a worth using Stance Mode? How about NOT making a stance mod centered around mindless Espam and instead on Finishers?

Why use guns when melee is stronger? Why use melee when guns have range?

Simple: Functionality.

Why play the game at all tho? bye.

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108

vor 58 Minuten schrieb (PS4)CoolD2108:

Why use guns when melee is stronger? Why use melee when guns have range?

Simple: Functionality.

Why play the game at all tho? bye.

Yeah...
Without an counter-argument it's the best way to resign.

vor 25 Minuten schrieb Somi_xD:

Yeah...
Without an counter-argument it's the best way to resign.

Like something like "bad design", questions i've troughout explained not only once to him but multiple times, stuff he chooses to be blind and deaf to is one to begin with.

You hate your main? You're beein a pile of salt in the forums? You refuse to play functionality that's assigned to frames? Why play the game then? Consider it advice. Or me beein unwilling to talk to someone who's deaf to argument and instead plays the ever same subjective bull on repeat. Both play a good part.

I mean you, would you say that it's fine for a frame to have a kit that strongly auguments melee? Cause his agenda is basicly that it's not.

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108

25 minutes ago, (PS4)CoolD2108 said:

Like something like "bad design", questions i've troughout explained not only once to him but multiple times, stuff he chooses to be blind and deaf to is one to begin with.

You hate your main? You're beein a pile of salt in the forums? You refuse to play functionality that's assigned to frames? Why play the game then? Consider it advice. Or me beein unwilling to talk to someone who's deaf to argument and instead plays the ever same subjective bull on repeat. Both play a good part.

I mean you, would you say that it's fine for a frame to have a kit that strongly auguments melee? Cause his agenda is basicly that it's not.

I admit to being stubborn, and I had cr*ppy ideas, but this one is a topic I know very well. I'm not blind to your arguments (which boil down to "get super expensive/rare metabuild or don't play"). You on the other hand deny obvious design flaws I pointed out many many times.

You put words on my mouth I never spoke of. I don't want BS to be p4tw, in fact I would like to see that crushed into pulp across all frames trough the nerf of the actual root. I'm in favor of Ash being melee oriented, why do you think I propose merging BS with TP and giving him a Stance Ultimate? You say I want an Excalibur clone, I said many times that I would like the design to be as far away from Exalted Blade as possible, mainly by giving it a sh*tty basic combo and slide attack and powerful and clearly purpose-designed combos that fit with Ash's theme as an assassin, while giving it limited crowd killing in the form of multiple-kill finisher attacks. I proposed a Duration based one to drive the point of "you shouldn't be in this mode forever".

Pre-nerf BS was bad but it was better designed than current BS and had a clear function. Current one says "Ash goes on a rampage and destroys nearby enemies", the visual cues say it's a focused mode (not your "always active" mode) and the target cap (50 instead of pre-nerf 18) indicates it's meant for large groups of enemies. Then you use it and it's not a mass slaughter tool, it's a target-by-target assassination. And it drains broken amounts of energy too! and takes forever to clear the enemies you marked!

And I'm not alone, more and more players, new players mostly who, surprisingly, don't have all the expensive and rare mods and arcanes needed for BS to not s*ck, think the same: the ability is just not worth using outside of a very niche invulnerability period.

vor 54 Minuten schrieb (PS4)CoolD2108:

You know, the difference between us and you is, that we tolerate it but not accept it.

We do question the use and functionality of Ash because we like this frame.

Making the best out of the current situation is self-explained, but blindly accepting a failed rework isn't the way to go. You can make the best out of it, but that doesn't mean it is done well.

DE wants feedback on it - many people point out, what they missed to correct. 

I pointed it out in my post from yesterday.

People who argue, that "BS is still a good support as an emergency As(s)h-safer or a melee extender for some missed enemies" don't get the irony behind what they say or lie to themselves.

They just accpted the downgrade of this ability and try to argue with the good points left.

"Hey they took away the tires of my car, but it still can drive so it's fine"

vor 16 Minuten schrieb Somi_xD:

In a horde game where you have anything from tanks, over supporters, to buffers, to dbuffers, up to melee frames, quite literally anything goes.

There isn't a single issue with its functionality nor does it lack purpose and that is the exact point where "not accepting it"....for what? was it a year allready? Maybe two? becomes a unhealthy fixation. Think they'll change him when you rant long enough? Don't you think it's time to choose whether you wanna accept him or not? Don't you think it's time to switch to frames that provide exactly what you're pushing ash for? (Which is quite literally excalibur if you're a supporter of the stance idea)

You don't need to accept it, nor do you have to like it. There's a frame selection for just that reason. Take your pick and stop forging facts about something you just don't like.

The forums are for feedback, not for repeating how much you HATE designs.

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108

Here is an example of an idiot that can`t see the problem with bs, uses it in a team and still say it`s good. Let's see if anyone notices the biggest problem with bs.

Watch at 2:42

Edited by AJC7

vor einer Stunde schrieb (PS4)CoolD2108:

In a horde game where you have anything from tanks, over supporters, to buffers, to dbuffers, up to melee frames, quite literally anything goes.

There isn't a single issue with its functionality nor does it lack purpose and that is the exact point where "not accepting it"....for what? was it a year allready? Maybe two? becomes a unhealthy fixation. Think they'll change him when you rant long enough? Don't you think it's time to choose whether you wanna accept him or not? Don't you think it's time to switch to frames that provide exactly what you're pushing ash for? (Which is quite literally excalibur if you're a supporter of the stance idea)

You don't need to accept it, nor do you have to like it. There's a frame selection for just that reason. Take your pick and stop forging facts about something you just don't like.

The forums are for feedback, not for repeating how much you HATE designs.

Huch ~ Gorgon, Seer and Fang... There isn't a single issue with their functionality nor does they lack purpos... Do i need to expand this stupid argument :'D?

Like i said - i still like ash, nothing really changed at all (except, that shurikens are better than BS - it makes nearly no differnce in using BS or not, except the constant waste of energy.

I don't accept the rework as a rework because it wasnt a rework - at the beginning of this thread they say they wanted to address the problem of pressing  4 once and waiting.

What do we have now? Presing 4 waiting for enemies to be marked pressing 4 an waiting with even higher energy cost xDD 

This rework of BS was a joke - not that i hate Ash or want to play like stupid Excalibur....

Go and read Naz's  suggestions, on some of the last sides i also added some of my ideas. We try to not go into excalibur direction but to go into Ash's theme of assassination and stealth with melee.

Also, i give feedback on what went wrong and suggestions to make it better, what are you doing here? Ranting about the feedback and discussions people have who show some interest. If you are so sure, that Devs won't change anything about something we are "ranting " about, then why are you in this forum at all? Because you are bored and need to argue with someone? Or are you afraid that something will change again? 

And if you are actually in this forum to discuss the topic an not just turning down our criticizim without to question it - then please explain to me why the rework is such a success in your opinion?

Edit: Also, it is healthy to let out your frustrations, problems etc. And talk about it instead of just swallow it down.

Edited by Somi_xD

43 minutes ago, Somi_xD said:

it is healthy to let out your frustrations, problems etc. And talk about it instead of just swallow it down.

Even though what I'm saying is not about ash, I agree with this comment men across the world are passing away too quickly due to stress and holding things in. Women can let out their frustrations all day but men, however, are told to man up and deal with the problems they face so if ppl want to let out their frustrations let them at the end of the day it's their opinion.

Now going back to Ash, he is a good frame but other frames are more updated in their abilities than him e.g. ash`s 2nd ability only do one thing while Oberon 2nd can do three things plus synergy. Ash`s 4th ability is really bad.

Problems with bs

·        He can`t use bs in a team because other players kill the marked target.

·        The animation is shown for every enemy marked red. One enemy mark = 1 sec 30 enemies marked = 30 secs which means bs is too long. Before ash`s clones killed with him shortening bs`s animation now 1st mark is him doing it which makes bs way too long.

·        Activating bs is slow because of the two stages.

·        When using bs without a melee weapon is even slower to use before the change.

·        It`s harder to activate bs on a controller than on PC.

·        One enemy mark = 15 energy being invisible = 10 firstly it`s energy consuming and secondly what’s the point of watching the animation if I can`t see myself pulling off sick moves.

·        Weapons can kill better than him e.g tonkor (which for a damage dealing warframe is VERY BAD)

·        He can`t kill in a AOE anymore (can`t kill enemies behind walls) like embers 4th ability, banchee`s 4th etc.

·        Because enemy bodies disappear when ash uses bs nekros can`t desecrate the bodies.

These problems are the reason ppl are upset.

Edited by AJC7

vor 4 Stunden schrieb Somi_xD:

Huch ~ Opticor, Lenz and Galatine Prime... There isn't a single issue with their functionality nor does they lack purpos... Do i need to expand this stupid argument :'D?

I don't accept the rework as a rework because they ignored our threads. We've been flaming every Ash related thread since for the past 1,5 years.

There, fixed it for you.

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108

vor 3 Stunden schrieb AJC7:

Even though what I'm saying is not about ash, I agree with this comment 

And that's a reason to vent in a forum? To be clear about this, those people who follow each other, they've made threads before the Ash rework.

Weeks of shoulder taping went by and they didn't take it too well when the devs decidet to neather clone, nor buff but to rework him to adapt to the change in combo. They've been raging for allmost 2 years now because they got ignored.... This isn't healthy. Not at all.

Oh, and are you aware that Smokescreen also staggers enemys and resets theyr Stealth multipliers? They're a bonus you usually get once using invisibility, that's why it shares this features with blinds and the likes.

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108

I got really easy solution for bladestorm.

Let's say there are 20 enemies, you marked them, and when ash jump on the first enemy, 19 clones appearing and jumping on last 19 enemies. So no matter how many enemies you marked, ash jumps only on 1 and all other are killed by clones at the same time. In this case you won't be getting gradually increasing damage on enemies, but a huge buff on combo counter and accordingly to your bladestorm damage on next cast.

And I think some speed boost on animation won't be irrelevant.

But all this won't fix marking problem on consoles.

Edited by Zeur2

10 minutes ago, Zeur2 said:

Let's say there are 20 enemies, you marked them, and when ash jump on the first enemy, 19 clones appearing and jumping on last 19 enemies. So no matter how many enemies you marked, ash jumps only on 1 and all other are killed by clones at the same time. In this case you won't be getting gradually increasing damage on enemies, but a huge buff on combo counter and accordingly to your bladestorm damage on next cast.

Like this?

For me a nice change would be to nerf base damage, remove mark system and make it works like exhalted weapons where mods count. This way you can do damage with it, and it have sinergy with ash normal builds, and have it a fixed target range dont affected by range mods.
And by the will of Thalos, please, rework the augment into "for each kill that bladestorm scores it adds 1s to smoke screen's duration" making it increases with duration mods and having a cap of 25% smoke screens duration max, this way you can use smoke screen into bladestorm without actually being anihilated if theres a large crowd of enemies to nuke with it.

This whole thing makes building ash toward smoke screen and melee damage something rewarding and since range its impossible to extend it actually forces you to be in melee range, so you end up using bladestorm as a "clean the mess" ability instead of the old nuke spam it used to be.

Keeps ash on his melee assassin rol and also makes the ability usefull, sinergyzes with his standard builds and also feels good. They can even add something like "timing melee attacks during executions add an extra hit to the enemy" so you have to actually DO SOMETHING instead of just watch the most clunky animation ever known to humans, or monkeys.

vor 1 Stunde schrieb Nazrethim:

Like this?

This could be a possible way to change it

vor 1 Stunde schrieb Zeur2:

The problem with clones is, clones affecting the performans of the game.

But it would be alredy enough to replace ash's place with a clone and let them make the work (this woukd be the easiest but laziest way)

But i wouod preferer an actual rework

If it is an stance mode or not is irrelevant. But since it would fit ash really good (he already has his wristblades), the stance idea is one of the best ideas in my opinion.

vor 48 Minuten schrieb Somi_xD:

Nice, thank you for the view in your mind ^^ 

So much ignorance ~ 

looks like you can't explain it ^^ no wonder

High damage, low firerate. That's exactly where those weapons are set. Or did naz not share the wisdom with you just how strong Bladestorm scales in damage?

I mean i've explained it to him after he's been going on about how weak its damage is. (in multiple threads, even a few days after i did.)

Or is it that you refer to the rework? Because that is exactly what i witnessed at the day the rework was released. Where a loving and caring playerbase that used to support and lead new players to ash turned to a flaming bunch that wouldn't stop complaining about theyr good ideas didn't make a pass.  That part of the community to this day refuses to play him how intendet and recommends everyone against him, even after Koga took his leave. Or did i miss something? Should there be a deeper meaning behind the immature behavior you'all are showing? Since you obviously can't let people enjoy things you don't enjoy.

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108

vor 55 Minuten schrieb (PS4)CoolD2108:

High damage, low firerate. That's exactly where those weapons are set. Or did naz not share the wisdom with you just how strong Bladestorm scales in damage?

I mean i've explained it to him after he's been going on about how weak its damage is. (in multiple threads, even a few days after i did.)

Or is it that you refer to the rework? Because that is exactly what i witnessed at the day the rework was released. Where a loving and caring playerbase that used to support and lead new players to ash turned to a flaming bunch that wouldn't stop complaining about theyr good ideas didn't make a pass.  That part of the community to this day refuses to play him how intendet and recommends everyone against him, even after Koga took his leave. Or did i miss something? Should there be a deeper meaning behind the immature behavior you'all are showing? Since you obviously can't let people enjoy things you don't enjoy.

At first - (already said this befor but looks like you only see things you wanna see)
1. I like Ash, enjoy him since his RELEASE, i never played Ash down for other players (why should i he is my Main since ever)
I know exectly how great the dmg outcome of BS was and is

2. Koga and me are part of the first players who actually started to point out the problems with Ash in 2015.
But we NEVER turned down people from playing Ash. I don't know where this idiotic argument comes from.

3. You know, there is a difference between flaiming/raging/ranting etc. and commenting, giving feedback and discussing.
You are rant and flame about all the people who give their feedback, bringing up the problems they experienced and the ideas/suggestions to fix those.
Or better say you throw all of use in one pot, even if those who only complain without feedback are a small part of this comunity ...

4. Who shows the immature behavior?
If you think of me as immature, you are not better than me.
Also this "argument" is so solid like a fart in the wind - it is the typical reponse of people who don't have a solid argument/answer...

And still you not answerd any of my questions i asked you.
1. Question:
Do you wanna discuss or just rant about "us bad bad ash fanboys who hate ash", or do you wanna acutally discuss about those topics with some acutal arguements?

2. Question:
Explain to me, why the Rework was such a sucess in your opinion?
(I already summed up many of my thoughts on it in a post not so long ago - i assume you ignored it, so i quote it for you)

Am 2.1.2018 um 23:59 schrieb Somi_xD:

Just coming from a guy who played Ash since he was available...
Abillities befor "Rework" and  Augments:
1. Shuriken
Meh ... pretty much useless - i used it only... to acutally use it ... at least one time per game >.>

2. Smokescreen
... mh it was good - his second best ability, but it had many problems
Compared to Lokis invisibility it is really sad, so sad you can only laugh.
Ashs S.S. did get every negative aspect in terms of invisibility abilities.
- Lower duration
- only castable while standing/stop moving
- has a relative long casting animation
- not silenced while invisible (ok - they took it away from lokis invisibility not so long ago, right way to give silince mods a meaning to be used with loki)
+ ok S.S. costs 15 Energy less, it's not like it makes that much of a difference...

3. Teleport
Good, also opens up for a finisher... but without invisibility you are pretty much dead on high lvl
- Limited to enemies and Players
- Alerts enemies (no stealth multi)
- finishers are pretty slow (except you go really fast melee weapon) and easy to miss

4. Bladestorm
Spam it - it's your best card!
Even if you need to wait out the animation at higher lvls... and it takes to long... you fall through the ground ... meh
At least it killed.

After "Rework":
1. Shuriken
-

2. Smokescreen
+ castable while moving and in air (yeeey)

3. Teleport
+/- you can target everything with a healthbar - wooho one step in the right direction...
So it is still a semi-usefull traveling skill - but already better

4. Bladestorm
Uff ... nice try DE but still failed to get rid of  the main problem people complain
- cost increased (passivly and depending on the situation, but for beginniers it is definitly increased and kill other builds pretty easy)
(wooho - you get the cost back if you they get killed by something different than bladestorm .... why not use a good primary instead?
also you need to spend energy befor even getting something)
-/(+) while invisible energy cost gets into a OK range ....
- it is much slower (guys - it is a hord game ~ speed speed speed) .... you need to targed the enemies you wanna kill (sure you can spin the mouse but srsly, you are getting stupid with this and still more effort then befor)
- still stuck in this animation
People arguing "oooh it safes you if you are in danger" .... wow - - - you spend an great amount of energy to EVENTUALLY safe your As(s)h (pun intended)
Those people don't realize, that theyself say that Ash's ULTIMATE got reduced to a mere emergency support X'D
That irony ....

Also calling this a "Rework" is really unfitting for some tweaks

Augments
Augments srsly should have been done better over the board - i mean it's a good thought but the implementation .... isn't the best
1. Shuriken
+ finally usefull

2. Smokescreen
+/- Yeah i can turn smokescreen into a team support ability !!!
*tried it out*
Hey guys - - - where are you going, i have free invisibility for you all ....
Out of pity someone came across "c'mon gimme a shot" - - - missed him, wasn't close enough

3. Teleport
+/- YEAH cool - this actually solves some problems of this ability
...But it sounds more like tweaks for the ability itself and not an mod to alter the use of the ability
The only REAL addition and not a fix, is the energy return on killing enemies
~ The additional dmg "fixes" the loss of the stealth multi, but still gives the dmg even out of stealth (so this is kind of 50/50)
~The auto-finisher nearly nullifies the chance to miss the finisher

4. Bladestorm
Melee duration counter increased ... really?
Instead of avoiding the animation and charge clones to kill, while you can freely move, not wasting the first seconds of the combo counter in the animation, actually USE it and keep it up ourself - instead we still stuck in the animation
With the "reworked" Bladestorm even more useless, because you need the time to acutally mark the enemies ....
Really lazy ....
It really is useless - especially with all the melee mods increasing the counter ....

Through all this time many player had such great ideas to give Ash a real rework, me included.
It doesn't even need that much (if DE wants to go an short way)

1.Shuriken
+ make it take use of the Melee multiplier ... BAAAM usefull

2. Smoke Screen
(or at least the augment smoke shadow)
+ a cloud that stays for the duration, and allies can jump in to make use of it
+ it's affected by range
+ enemies in the cloud are open for finisher

3. Teleport
+/- Shorten the Range, but make us teleport the full distance until we hit something (like the gound) and if aimed at something with a healthbar we are teleported to this point (if it is in range)

4. Bladestorm
Let the actual Ash(the player) not go through the animation, just let it make some clones (or at least make this the actual augments effect..)

Those few ideas are just the easiest and laziest (but still improving) ones.
There are so many great REWORK ideas out there in this forum.

vor 19 Minuten schrieb Somi_xD:

Naz among some others is chainquoting people in literally any Ash Post, be it positive or negative, to undermine theyr oppinion and essencially stating how BAD it is, for random reasons, be it design, cost, or even damage. That is quite literally what has become of the movement.

How is constantly stating how everything but specific oppinion of one group is wrong not turning people down? How is it mature?

Sure there is room for improovement as long as it isn't gonna be abused. It could be something different, of course but what you all forget to mention is that it can be usefull as is.

I'm not even joking when i say that most Ash feedback is borderline S#&$storming at this point. 

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108

I'm

1 hour ago, (PS4)CoolD2108 said:

Sure there is room for improovement as long as it isn't gonna be abused. It could be something different, of course but what you all forget to mention is that it can be usefull as is.

I'm not even joking when i say that most Ash feedback is borderline S#&$storming at this point. 

I sometimes wonder what game they are playing. 

There is a reason why this feedback thread is ignored. It's full of hyperbole. Things like-

1. It's somehow faster and easier to select individual enemies with fatal teleport than it is to mark groups of enemies. 

2. The insane armor ignoring damage is meaningless because every other player somehow has a loadout that always melts high armor enemies with ease... Yet everyone always complains about armor scaling??

3. Energy cost of BS is impossible to maintain. 

Somehow, players are trying to spin the narrative that one of the few frames that can kill 20 lvl 150 bomards in under a minute without taking damage is "useless". 

Not saying he's the best most ultimate frame.... But he's far far far from useless.