The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ash Revisited Feedback Megathread

[DE]Danielle

1 hour ago, Jin_Kazama said:

Ashs 4 could be solved in 1 tweak.

Press 4 to do what it does now.

Hold 4 for the clones to do it alone 

Then people would always use the hold 4 version, and DE clearly don't want the clones to do the work 

Ash's Bladestorm nerf (yes, it was a nerf, not just a rework) has been one of the worst-received changes by the community. There's too many things wrong with Bladestorm to list (forums are rife with complaints if you want to know). And yet Ash has remained completely untouched for over 2 weeks now since his nerf launched. We haven't even heard a hint about any changes, not even on today's devstream. For a company that prides itself on listening to community feedback, this is a strange sign. It can only mean that DE either doesn't care about how poorly-received it was, or that DE thinks Ash is in a good place right now.

Ash is NOT in a good place right now. Bladestorm is worthless. Even people like me who think that old Bladestorm needed a rework/nerf realize how absolutely terrible its rework was. Bladestorm needed a change, but it wasn't this one. 

I know people are going to tell me "You just don't know how to use new Bladestorm!" Trust me, I do. If you think new Bladestorm is good, it's very likely you do not have a well-modded gun to compare it with.

While I'm not an Ash main myself(I do use him but bladestorm is more of an last means thing for me and focus more on using the other abilities) I do agree that this was more of a nerf than a fix as it didn't solve the problem at all.

However I do have to say that I find it funny how people complain about Ash's 1 press multi-kill when we have Ember which is far worse as Ember kills anything that comes close to her while moving freely.Like an fast Ember can clear out the entire map before you get a chance to kill anything.

I used the old bladestorm to escape before knockdown effects or lethal damage could be applied.  I found that spamming it was annoying for both me and my team.
I'm a former Ash main and I have no idea what to do with my life now.

The old bladestorm wasn't overpowered (compared to other damage abilities -- I'm not good with numbers but check the wiki).
I feel like the best changes were grouped together by the many players in the Feedback section.  My favorites are below:
Enemies that Ash or his clones are actively attacking shouldn't be invulnerable to all other damage sources.
Ash should be able to cancel the ability with NO energy refund.  This would allow him to aid in reviving allies or move to a new objective but wouldn't refund spent energy.
Ash should be immune to status procs such as cold but only have a high percent of damage mitigation (fixes the perm-invulnerable Ash spam).
Ash should have less strikes and mark fewer targets closer to the targeted enemy (Ash can no longer clear a room with a single ability).

delayed due to Limbo rework, i guess

Not one mention in latest devstream, and obviously the dozens of pages of posts in the feedback thread are rather pointless.

1 minute ago, (PS4)reddragonhrcro said:

However I do have to say that I find it funny how people complain about Ash's 1 press multi-kill when we have Ember which is far worse as Ember kills anything that comes close to her while moving freely.Like an fast Ember can clear out the entire map before you get a chance to kill anything.

Really no comparison to Ash's blade storm and Embers WoF.  one does far far more damage and isn't a channeled ability

Just now, S0V3REiGN said:

There won't be any changes coming any time soon. If you haven't noticed they rarely come back around to a Warframe after a rework has been done.

All of the major rollback changes have come about 2 weeks after a flawed release.  This gives a tiny amount of reason to believe that the statistics-gathering process takes about the same amount of time.  If they see that Ash is used less than 1% of the time then I'm confident that DE will give him another look over.

negatives:

-requires more energy for maximum number of old energy

-uses even more energy due to unintentional double or triple marking

-requires more effort/screen spasming to use

-did I mention that it requires almost three times the energy to perform the same as the old bladestorm?

positives:

-doesn't lock you into finishing that one ancient disruptor for half an hour - check

9 minutes ago, (PS4)reddragonhrcro said:

While I'm not an Ash main myself(I do use him but bladestorm is more of an last means thing for me and focus more on using the other abilities) I do agree that this was more of a nerf than a fix as it didn't solve the problem at all.

The difference between WoF and BS was Ash could ignore armor and was stuck in an animation that(somehow) made people nauseous. You can take Ash anywhere where as Ember only excels well vs infested and fall off at lvl 40.

Edited by (PS4)joshw1400

Just now, (PS4)joshw1400 said:

The difference between WoF and BS was Ash could ignore armor and was stuck in an animation that(somehow) made people naseous. You can take Ash anywhere where as Ember only excels well vs infested and fall off at lvl 40.

Maybe but still fairly annoying when you are tying to lvl up gear and this type of stuff happens.

Honestly I'm fine with current Blade Storm, I would like DE to revisit Teleport and Blade Storm's Augment Rising Storm, as 3s extra combo counter isn't precisely enticing enough to dedicate a mod slot. Maybe increasing reducing Blade Storm cost, increasing damage or some other effect? or maybe making Rising Storm once again work with BC/DC?

4 hours ago, -CM-AbsoluteZero said:

You know this rework is absolute garbage, when people can only praise the bugged parts of it. 

GG WP DE

Might as well rename it  "trAsh" seeing as how they are content with the current state after 67 pages of feedback.

Actually, I think the ash rework added much needed balance to the frame, and the ultimate rework, once you get used to it, is still pretty useful. (There's a reason I was using Ash when I found the bug, and it wasn't "I'm really bored with all the other frames I own") But 'mildly positive overall impression' doesn't get people out of their games and onto the forum, especially when an easy 'OP' frame becomes much harder to master.

There's definitely room for improvement, especially compared to some of the newer frames where the powers 'mesh' better, but I can name two frames off the top of my head I like less (and, for the sake of politeness, and keeping this thread on topic, I won't name them). But that improvement can come in time, when DE has had more time to see where new Ash shines, and where it falls down, and may not even come in the form of a rework.

Nothing about Ash on the Devstream. Looks like we're not getting rid of Bladestorm the Movie or any further QoL changes to his 1-3.

Saryn got further tweaks done in 5 days after her rework hit, whereas no one cares about Ash apparently, despite being one of the original 8 frames.

Well seeing as they completely avoided any mention of ash and it's rework in the latest devstream it looks like we're stuck with the way it is...  so it look like my ash prime will not be getting any forma and will just gather dust while my normal ash will just get levelled it's MR. 

edit: I'm actually rather concerned now about the intended changes mentioned in the devstream for limbo after the rework they gave ash... I like limbo in general and it only needs a tweak not the changes they were talking about...

Edited by LSG501

Saryn's Rework:

Nov 5th 2015

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/556384-update-17100/

Nov 9th 2015

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/558838-hotfix-17102-17103/

Took 4 days to give her major changes post rework.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

If they felt like making changes to Ash they would have done it by now. Sorry way to treat one of the original 8 warframes. Didn't even get rid of Movie-mode which was what everyone wanted in the first place.

Instead of Destroying Bladestorm by changing its mechanics you could have:

1- Reduced the damage

2-Reduced its range

3-Reduced # of attacks 

4-Raise the energy consumption 

Frost should be nerfed, a frame so overpowered its boring to play. why does a CC frame have so much Armour/Health/Shield plus snow globe and avalanche seem unnecessary at this point.

2 hours ago, -CM-Kinnison said:

delayed due to Limbo rework, i guess

yeah and as someone who actually like the current limbo concept (although it could be improved) I'm actually concerned about the new 'ideas' of basically making him the time control frame which is stupid as the rift isn't time it's another dimension...then there's the idea of entering/exiting rift using dodge movements etc, that's not going to go wrong in anyway whatsoever. 

In regards to ash I made suggestions in the main thread how they could have fixed bladestorm because I saw how bad the new bladestorm is from a non ash player perspective and an ash player perspective.  I worked out it could cost 8, yes eight, times more energy to kill a target at higher levels with my strength/efficiency based build....

I think ultimately what ash needs is something inbetween what we had, a single press of 4 and auto target of up to 18 targets, but with a more focused attack so I'm thinking of a line of sight type of attack rather than the old psychic option. 

What I'd like to propose is a single press 4 to trigger bladestorm (old single cost of energy) on up to 18 highest status target targets which are within line of sight (ie what we see on our screen at the point when we press 4).  Ideally you can press 4 again to end bladestorm early, with a refund of a percentage of energy, and the animation does a max of 3 attacks per targets which are no longer immortal during the attack phase.. to compensate for the loss of auto kills on all targets the damage could be linked to our melee weapons like some other warframes or simply given a buff.. 

Ash's rework was a step in the right direction. Bladestorm was 'press 4 to watch cinematic'. It needs two tweaks, TWO, and it'll be in the perfect spot.

1) Ash sends out his clones to Bladestorm for him, allowing him to continue the fight.

2) Shuriken marks targets for future Bladestorming.

There. Now he's less boring and his 1 synergizes better.