Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

best all-around frame (it's survey ) read this

Matt89Connor

Question

what do you think is the best Frameyyou can focus the build on 1 of all 4 of the power statistics (Range, efficency, strength, duration)?
For me Mesa and Rhino (I tried recently rhino with 190% of range to use the ulti as CC, and it worked great.)

Edited by Matt89Connor
fix

Loki.

Here's the deal, in high level content, he has no trouble staying alive (if you know what to do), and you have CC.

In low level content, the invisibilty is all he needs to kick &#!.

When your arsenal is good enough, you will have a build that does both of these roles, making Loki very efficient.

Mesa is very good, yes, but she isn't as versatile. This is because she needs alot more work than Loki to be made good. Basically she starts alot weaker.

Rhino is very good, but ultimately his CC falls off compared to other frames, and damage might not be needed in many mission types.

21 minutes ago, Matt89Connor said:

what do you think is the best Frame you can focus the build on 1 of all 4 of the power statistics (Range, efficiency, strength, duration)?
For me Mesa and Rhino (I tried recently rhino with 190% of range to use the ulti as CC, and it worked great.)

Don't think this is really feedback and probably needs moved to General.   That being said...   Quite a few frames can use maxed percentages.  There is no best, its just what you are after.   Using Rhino is an example like the  OP.  I like to use 250% range, negative strength, with high efficiency and duration on my CC version.  .Same for Loki, Nezha, Mirage, Frost, Volt etc...   There is no best.    

Oberon. The amount of different builds I have for him required me to forma 3 different Oberons to fit most of them. I still have a couple more builds I've experimented with, and need to forma my fourth Oberon for. My builds have highs and lows of each stat, barring lowered efficiency. In addition to that, I've also used all of his augments in my builds, plus some rarely used mods, like Health Conversion, and Redirection. All 8 of my main builds handle sorties well, and, at least, 4 handle levels beyond that. I bet Oberon was made for versatility. That's actually why I use him so much!

Chroma - 1st skill is pretty useless but 3 other skills are amazing...  I just wish my Effigy could follow me... Chroma would be my main.

And

Valkyr (PRIME) - because of her survivability and most effective melee kills. I just love to tear apart my enemies :) Her 1st is quite useful, you can run out and in, you can do "GET OVER HERE" to your enemies, 2nd is like powerful buff... to all near allies, 3th can be useful too in certain situation, aaaand her ulti... GOD I LOVE HER ULTI <3

I'd say Ash or Nekros. While Ash lacks any meaningful abilities for real CC (the new BS is kinda not the ideal crowd control you want), he does have a fair amount of synergy amoung all his abilities and pretty tanky. Seeking shuriken augment, a gap closer for finisher on enemies like bombard, high noon and an emergency gtfo button, it's not the best, but everything works when you need them to. Nekros is another fairly tanky frame if built with the right mods and arcanes. Despoil combo'd with health conversion and arcane pulse makes Nekros unkillable as long as he has health pickups. On top of that he has a 1 for knockdown on tougher enemies like bombard and an emergency button just like Ash if things get a bit heated.

Misleading thread title.  "All round" would suggest a frame that DOESN'T benefit from any particular min-maxing/stat dumping. 

I'd vote for Banshee as a frame that benefits a lot from Stat dumping - Nyx used to as well, but haven't played her recently.  Nova also.

Edited by Omnimorph

On ‎11‎/‎26‎/‎2016 at 4:05 AM, Matt89Connor said:

the best frame for a focus build on every 1 of the 4 power statistics :)

Ivara easily fits this criteria.  Her powers all benefit by having nothing below 100% or a balanced build.  Especially when you consider that each of her powers are effected by multiply stats at the same time. 

On 11/26/2016 at 2:00 AM, Omnimorph said:

Misleading thread title.  "All round" would suggest a frame that DOESN'T benefit from any particular min-maxing/stat dumping. 

I'd vote for Banshee as a frame that benefits a lot from Stat dumping - Nyx used to as well, but haven't played her recently.  Nova also.

This is what has me confused.

Title asks for "Best" all-round frame, but then describes a scenario in which you don't build to be an all-rounder and instead pour everything into one stat.

Personally, I very rarely ever go into negatives on any frames except for a few specific builds, and tend to put at least 3 stats into positive on most frames, sometimes all 4 stats. As well as commonly using at least two durability mods. I've found that "all around" Volt can be very good, providing single to multi-target short CC with shock to assist with shooting and allies. Providing both an ally move speed and melee buff, AND a defensive ability that ALSO boosts ally ranged damage, AND has a good AoE CC that doubles as a shield-heal with an Augment. So he's got defense, offense, buffing, utility, and healing all in one, and can be achieved well with an all-rounder approach to modding, with a slight edge to duration with a dash of strength and good range.