The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Prime Gaming Giveaway

[DE]Taylor

Question about something I can't quite figure out from the FAQ/Rules: I play on PC, is it possible for me to win one of the console bundles? because I already have a very shiny PC, but definitely wouldn't say no to a new TV/console.

@[DE]Taylor

I have some questions, if you would be kind enough to answer them for me as I find myself lacking an understanding of legalese (terrible crime I know, but English isn't my primary language). I live in Greece which isn't included in the guidelines as a person eligible to enter. However, I do have friends who live in countries that can receive the gift, if I am chosen, namely in Norway and UK. Would it be possible that the gift be sent to them so they can, in turn, send it to me? Another friend of mine lives in Florida (which is excluded, I think?) but has friends in states that are included. What about him? Lastly, since I play on PC, am I eligible only for the PC reward or is there a choice on which one I claim?

16 minutes ago, esbeon99 said:

Question about something I can't quite figure out from the FAQ/Rules: I play on PC, is it possible for me to win one of the console bundles? because I already have a very shiny PC, but definitely wouldn't say no to a new TV/console.

i think its pc for pc because its all prizes draw, including directly put prime access into ur account

but i would like it to be a choose what u want kind of rewards. because xbox/ps4 users all have gotten xone/ps4 (well maybe not s/pro but what they gonna do with their old console?) and pc players can use a console

unless DE has already custom-painted all prizes, i think it should change to choose ur rewards

7 minutes ago, Lyravain said:

@[DE]Taylor

I have some questions, if you would be kind enough to answer them for me as I find myself lacking an understanding of legalese (terrible crime I know, but English isn't my primary language). I live in Greece which isn't included in the guidelines as a person eligible to enter. However, I do have friends who live in countries that can receive the gift, if I am chosen, namely in Norway and UK. Would it be possible that the gift be sent to them so they can, in turn, send it to me? Another friend of mine lives in Florida (which is excluded, I think?) but has friends in states that are included. What about him? Lastly, since I play on PC, am I eligible only for the PC reward or is there a choice on which one I claim?

simple. just ask them to register an account and play it once.

Edited by djtotato

Kinda dissapointing that some countries are unable to participate because of laws surrounding it, makes no sense to me but I guess there's some logical explanation for it somewhere.

Hope I am atleast eligible for the prime acces give-away, since thats a purely account bound thing, and not an actual physical object.

Sad way to break the hype tho.

3 hours ago, Emulad0or said:

So, a giveaway but only for people that live in one of these 10 countries? That's lame. Thanks for nothing I guess

I understand your bitterness, but you realize this almost certainly has to do with the laws of your own country regarding sweepstakes, contests and giveaways, and not a decision that really is up to DE themselves. 

I am surprised they managed to get as many countries to fit within the rules of the giveaway as they did. Also keep in mind some countries really offer no margin for loopholes -- some countries just don't allow that kind of giveaway period. 

Edited by Tesseract7777

Can't you guys expand your eligibil location perameters please, like maybe add another contenent or two. Africa by chance? how about a country? South Africa? Becuase my pc is so old I load into a match when started from the start when the rest are almost done with the mission (not lag).

Edited by Nic0l
Forgot certain stuff

I am sorry but as soon as I saw the contest I clicked enter as fast as I could! Only to find out that my country, Greece, is not in the list? This could be a chance for me to get rid of the wooden PC that plays only at the lowest settings (if at all). Oh well. I understand. But still gona be hella salty. Thanks for the initiative I guess?

Sorry if people already said this (~10 pages of posts I didn't read), but it's excluding certain countries because of the legislature of the excluded countries (such as Italy), and/or D.E. (I.E. Canada). Legislature is the same reason that us Canadians have to answer a basic math question to receive prizes.

As far as the expense of the items, the Approximate Retail Value is listed in the terms y'all were supposed to read and accept if you entered.

As well, atleast on my end, it let me select what platform/profile to sign in/ register for the giveaway on.

I imagine they won't/don't do cross-platform to prevent duping in the future, because other companies won't let them (more profitable for companies to 'sell' two consoles to one person and one to someone else than one to each, I.E., if you wanted to play on console, you'd have to have already purchased one), or some other reason.

In any case, I'm excited that they do these sort of things. Good luck to all entrants, and condolences to those who missed out!

Edited by (XB1)Bronzebreak
Wow lots of people posting.

4 hours ago, [DE]Taylor said:

Here is a list of eligible countries and regions. As much as we'd love to give everyone a chance to win one of our great prizes, there are different competition rules per country/state/province that ultimately determined the final list of eligible locations.

Hide contents

All participants must
(a) be at least 18 years of age or older or the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence, whichever is older, (residents of Alabama or Nebraska must be at least 19 years old; residents of Mississippi must be at least 21 years old), at the time of entry;
(b) possess a valid form of identification; and,
(c) be a legal resident of:

• (i) one of the 50 United States or the District of Columbia (excluding residents of Florida, New York, Rhode Island, the territories and military installations),
  • (ii) Canada, excluding the Province of Quebec,
  • (iii) Finland,
  • (iv) France,
  • (v) Germany,
  • (vi) Mexico,
  • (vii) Norway,
  • (viii) Russia,
  • (ix) Switzerland, or
  • (x) the United Kingdom. 

These eligibility rules apply for ALL prizes, including the Prime Access Packs. 

Welp, gotta be sad to live in south america, again.

no asian countries :\ thats sad.. maybe in future but still a nice thing to do. aint gonna act like those ungrateful people and say dumb things like, "thanks for nothing" really makes me mad. nvm hope to be a part of such events in future :)

1 hour ago, djtotato said:
  • Open in Rhode Island: If the total approximate retail value of all prizes awarded is over $500 and the sweepstakes is offered through a retail establishment (online or otherwise) and open to residents of Rhode Island, the sweepstakes will need to be registered in Rhode Island or residents of Rhode Island disqualified.
  • Open in New York or Florida: If the total approximate retail value of all prizes is over $5,000 and open to residents of either Florida or New York, the sweepstakes will need to be registered and bonded in New York and Florida or residents of those states disqualified. Also, plan your budget accordingly—registration and bonding in New York and Florida carry additional costs, which are mostly dependent on the total value of all prizes in the sweepstakes at issue.

Damn, NY and Flo-rida are greedy.

But i dont understand Rhode Island. What does registration entail?