Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rhino's Reinforcement Stomp Augment Is Useless For Mid & End Game

AtroSpiker

10 minutes ago, Shadow8600 said:

Thanks for the heads up. Was interested on testing this later, but you've saved me some rep.

6 minutes ago, Enno69 said:

I agree, it's useless due to it using a flat value rather than a percentage. I'd rather keep dispelling IS with Iron Shrapnel and recasting it again at full strenght.

I would still like to see this augment changed to 1% for every enemy.

1 minute ago, AtroSpiker said:

I would still like to see this augment changed to 1% for every enemy.

That could fix the issue indeed. Although, thinking about it, with 20 enemies you'd only gain 20% back, isn't this a bit low ? Why not make it at least 2% ?

Just now, Enno69 said:

That could fix the issue indeed. Although, thinking about it, with 20 enemies you'd only gain 20% back, isn't this a bit low ? Why not make it at least 2% ?

Well I have tested that if you run with an efficiency build you can keep stomping multiple times and restore more as long as the enemy is still alive to be affected by the stomp, plus while effected by stomp and coming out of it they are unable to attack you. So I figured maybe 1% 2% 3% per a rank.

But say you have a build with more power strength which takes away some of that efficiency but gives you 7k+ Iron Skin, a stomp for each enemy would give 3% back and 3% of that would be 210 Iron Skin HP. 

So if you Stomp 20 enemies you would gain back 60% of you Iron Skin HP in one go, which would be 4200. But rarely will you find that many enemies concentrated in one place, like how you would in the simulacrum, so for that reason this is well balanced since in most endgame when your weapon and frame doesn't deal enough damage, a lot of enemies pile up making it easier for you to execute stomp and restore your Iron Skin HP as well as CC.

This is definitely a smarter idea.

1 minute ago, AtroSpiker said:

Well I have tested that if you run with an efficiency build you can keep stomping multiple times and restore more as long as the enemy is still alive to be affected by the stomp, plus while effected by stomp and coming out of it they are unable to attack you. So I figured maybe 1% 2% 3% per a rank.

But say you have a build with more power strength which takes away some of that efficiency but gives you 7k+ Iron Skin, a stomp for each enemy would give 3% back and 3% of that would be 210 Iron Skin HP. 

So if you Stomp 20 enemies you would gain back 60% of you Iron Skin HP in one go, which would be 4200. But rarely will you find that many enemies concentrated in one place, like how you would in the simulacrum, so for that reason this is well balanced since in most endgame when your weapon and frame doesn't deal enough damage, a lot of enemies pile up making it easier for you to execute stomp and restore your Iron Skin HP as well as CC.

This is definitely a smarter idea.

Yes, I agree with you. 3% would be perfect. This would open new building options - more efficiency and speed or more strenght ? how much range ? etc.

I think what DE should of done though is test a variety of player builds on different level enemies with different amounts, inside and out side of the simulacrum, the simulacrum is one thing but outside of it on maps and sorties is another. I hope they take this feed back into consideration, but sadly very few people even play Rhino.

hehe, Rhino's that still use max Power Strength to try and carry themselves on Iron Skin that way.
ayyyyy

anyways i certainly didn't vote for this Augment. because it's dumb. it shouldn't exist.
lots of people voted for it hoping it would be super Overpowered and let them casually stroll through every Mission.

a couple much more useful options that people didn't vote for were Enemies entering area of Ability after cast get Slowed, or Stomp also makes an expanding Shockwave that knocks Enemies down, hitting Enemies coming in after the cast and probably ones closer to the edge after they get back up from Stomp itself.

Most augments aren't very good let alone viable for really high-end content.

What they are, however, is fun to use.

As far as this augment, yeah even with mod scaling I can't see it being very good on high levels. Plus I've been told that Rhino can now refresh Iron Skin by default which already devalues this mod.

Also, for anyone saying that Rhino isn't good end-game to begin with; max range stomp is great when not dealing with mass nullifers. I personally find it very effective.

Now hear me out on this, I always like new augments but this one is a downgrade for stomp.
Rhino: Reinforcing Stomp (Rhino Stomp) - Iron Skin is replenished by 80 for each enemy affected.
So in order to replenish my iron skin I should use stomp? 
We already got Iron sharpnel which makes this new Stomp mod inferior, why would I waste a slot for an augment that costs more energy to cast and doesn't do the job better then Iron Sharpnel.

What woulda been much better is extend timer on duration for each enemy affected. This would make rhino stomp augment more appealing, and usefull. 

5 hours ago, taiiat said:

hehe, Rhino's that still use max Power Strength to try and carry themselves on Iron Skin that way.
ayyyyy

anyways i certainly didn't vote for this Augment. because it's dumb. it shouldn't exist.
lots of people voted for it hoping it would be super Overpowered and let them casually stroll through every Mission.

a couple much more useful options that people didn't vote for were Enemies entering area of Ability after cast get Slowed, or Stomp also makes an expanding Shockwave that knocks Enemies down, hitting Enemies coming in after the cast and probably ones closer to the edge after they get back up from Stomp itself.

Do you think they will change it?

I also thought it should of been overpowered since Nyx's Assimilate Augment was......in case you forgot about that.

4 hours ago, TeaBegging said:

Now hear me out on this, I always like new augments but this one is a downgrade for stomp.
Rhino: Reinforcing Stomp (Rhino Stomp) - Iron Skin is replenished by 80 for each enemy affected.
We already got Iron sharpnel which makes this new Stomp mod inferior, why would I waste a slot for an augment that costs more energy to cast and doesn't do the job better then Iron Sharpnel.

What woulda been much better is extend timer on duration for each enemy affected. This would make rhino stomp augment more appealing, and usefull. 

For some it would be to stay in Iron Skin without having to come out of it.

If it were 3% per an enemy affected by Stomp it would certainly be useful. The Roar augment mod was pretty disappointing as well.

7 minutes ago, AtroSpiker said:

Assimilate

is stupid.

because the usage of Energy w/ that Augment is basically nil. even if Enemies are all constantly attacking you, good luck ever needing to even think about turning it off.
especially since it doesn't count as an Energy Drain Ability.

5 hours ago, TeaBegging said:

What woulda been much better is extend timer on duration for each enemy affected.

so effectively just increasing the Duration at all times. because Players already use Stomp when there's a lot of Enemies around as that's when it makes sense.
so it would just be a direct increase to the Duration of the Ability. just a Duration Mod.

8 hours ago, -SDM-NerevarCM said:

+1 Porcentage is better. As a Rhino main that runs with Ironclad Charge and get 20k+ IS everytime, I will not use the augment because I don't have space in my build.

You can hit a ton of enemies with Stomp, but getting 80 health only per enemy is too low even to a normal Iron Skin. Did you check if the mod scales with power strenght?

That moment when you are a Rhino main that runs a roar-focused one and stomps only when needed / in emergency situations

Dem tasty salt >:)

6 hours ago, TeaBegging said:

54 minutes ago, ViS4GE said:

I just don't see point in restoring 80 per enemy when you could just recast all of it.

Good point

Edited by Teloch

6 hours ago, taiiat said:

ayyyyy

Actually power strength on Rhino is good in more ways than just buffing Iron Skin.

More damage on charge and stomp and most importantly - more bonus damage from roar. Bless your team with 75%+ more damage and you can pretty much do nothing for the next 30 seconds.

question: how does it handle with both Ironclad Charge AND Reinforcing Stomp? worth 2 mod slots or no?

thanks in advance to everyone bothering to crunch numbers on these mods. console won't get them for a while, so knowing in advance which ones are worth it is appreciated. I'm a Rhino main who enjoys his tanky aspects, but I'm well aware there are better dedicated tanks, and Rhino is a Support Tank. just curious if the two augments combined can make him unstoppable!

-shrug-  The idea of being able to restore your iron skin like it was health SOUNDS appealing and probs why it was voted for.  but it's already not needed.  Iron skin can be recasted by default ( i think) and even if it can't be recasting is quick anyway.  With ironclad charge you already get absurd levels of protection with iron skin.  Plus his roar is a team buff for more damage and his stomp can be extended range wise for decent CC.

Rhino is already very end game viable.  even if iron skin isn't letting you flinch off as much damage as say when you fight level 50 enemies it's still extra health that the enemy HAS to burn through in order to do actually anything to you.  Not to mention your status immunities and the invulnerability period.  Rhino in end game is much more about CC and team buffing.  iron skin is just a small self buff at those levels and that's perfectly fine.

CC is and always will be the best way to survive imbalanced content in warframe.