Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Be nice to low rank players

Danjal777

So today I ran into an issue that really upset me.  I was running a survival on Venus and there was a MR14, MR2, and MR1.  The MR2 hits a life support tower at 80%.  Yeah, I know, everyone hates that, but instead of just advising him this dude went off in chat with all caps rage.  Here's the thing...there were two nekros!  If we ran out of juice it's because we passed out at the keyboard.  I alone would have held the life support.  Anyway, I told the guy he was being a jerk and that Warframe depends on new blood, there nothing to gain from being rude.  

I urge the community, if you run into this, please be the bigger man and stand up for the little guys.  If you happen to find yourself bullying MR2 players on low level nodes, than maybe it's time you took a break.

Thanks

-Danjal

7 minutes ago, Danjal777 said:

So today I ran into an issue that really upset me.  I was running a survival on Venus and there was a MR14, MR2, and MR1.  The MR2 hits a life support tower at 80%. 

Thanks

-Danjal

Whenever this happens, I usually told them in chat that the life support capsule restores 30%, and so we should use it only when we're low on oxygen. They'd stop spamming the life support after that.

Of course, I play Nyx most of the time, so I can type freely while having Absorb on - I assume most players would find themselves in a sticky situation and are unable to type anything to advice the newbies XD

First thing is that they are new. You can't suspect them to know everything without testing it first. The smartest thing to do , like you said, was to say "Hey life supports only fill 30% and are better to use towards the end." That's the good thinking. Some players never understand other peoples thought processes before they speak. 

A week ago a friend and me both went to a Uranus interception to unlock the next node. Little did we know is that it's a nice spot to get some nice relics. We left a the first rotation to have some guy say, "Who the **** goes to a mission to leave for the first round". This person didn't know that his node is in front of the next junction. Also it was solo queue. 

You'll just find those people who just don't think before posting. 

1 hour ago, Beggining said:

Whenever this happens, I usually told them in chat that the life support capsule restores 30%, and so we should use it only when we're low on oxygen. They'd stop spamming the life support after that.

Of course, I play Nyx most of the time, so I can type freely while having Absorb on - I assume most players would find themselves in a sticky situation and are unable to type anything to advice the newbies XD

Wow you got ones that listen to advice, whenever i ask them not to use airpods early im met with the stony wall of silence and repeated happenings most times.

I only get frustrated when i tell them 5-6 times, at that point you're actively not listening to the advice, I still don't berate them...but man, if someone is telling you something multiple times it's because they're trying to help. Work together, that's the point of this game. 

Edited by Im_The_Real_Dirty_Dan

I have met higher MR players who did that too.... not sure if they are trying to be funny or what lol

Ah yes... the tutorial section didn't teach about chat I think... so a lot of newbies doesn't know how to reply etc.

Just now, Blanchflower said:

As I am a fairly new player, so is it wise to use life support when your oxygen level hits 70%?

Or much lower. In some cases, a friend and I can run a survival mission with just the two of us and go 20 minutes or so without even touching one. That's without Nekros too. Use them when you HAVE to. 70% is still time enough to get kills and find the smaller dropped ones.

Without new players, the game will not grow. As old players move on, it's the new 'generation' of players, which will shape the community. And in many cases, the community will become what we show them. My rule of thumb: Be nice to everyone. Warframe has one of the nicest, welcoming communities for most part - let's keep it that way. It is way too easy to forget that we too were once new, clueless and clumsy; taking our knowlege and skills for granted, and sometimes even shaking our heads, asking ourselves - 'Really dude, everyone should know that!' - But then, in retrospect, often realizing, no, not really, we had to ask and learn those things too.

Be welcoming & humble, my friends. :)

1 minute ago, QuasarDecimari said:

Or much lower. In some cases, a friend and I can run a survival mission with just the two of us and go 20 minutes or so without even touching one. That's without Nekros too. Use them when you HAVE to. 70% is still time enough to get kills and find the smaller dropped ones.

OK, thanks for this precious advise. :thumbup:

How about be nice to high rank players too?

Was also in survival... with  rank1  and  rank4. At the start they went straight to life support. me rank 18(was leveling my reformad Mirage)

I said to the, " Dont do that we may need those later on..."

And they replied "woohoo look at me im a veteran I know everything" and proceed to pop up all life supports...

`-` Almost failed at 12% when we extracted

Oh this brings back memories when I was this new new n00b with excal and mk-1 braton :D

It took me quite some time to get used to reading chat in game because the gameplay is so fast. All my concentration was on to stay alive :P

That may be the reason why new players don't react to chat.

I'll add here my own story when I was MR7 or 8 and went to Earth excavation to farm void keys (good old times)  and max my frost.

There's me, a new player with MR2 and a guy with MR16.

New guy was asking about rotation and rewards. I told him the rewards and rotation is A,A,B,C

the veteran guy said: Actually its A,B,C and then A,A,B,C

I was like: um... no, look at the rewards we just got...

and then he said: I am MR 16 I know better!!!

O_O

So... well... yeah... Hard to argue with that. Also, I didn't know you reach enlightenment with certain mastery rank in this game... to know things better than wiki (btw I'm MR15 now, I am waiting for that enlighenment any minute now >.> )

Looking at the bigger picture in most cases this community is made of nice people (I play a lot on public and meet a lot of great players)

Occasionally you'll run into a jerk that will ruin all the fun, sometimes even a mission...

It doesn't matter what MR they are. They can be MR 1 or MR20. A jerk is a jerk.

Yes, people like that will be there. No, we should not accept that as a norm. 

This is not really mastery rank dependant it is personal behavior and how to handle the frustration. No person should be $&*^ here and arguing and beign rude to each other and if you argue with someone you can still be polite and correct. Be nice with each other and grow a tolerance meter to sense the realism around you. 

I level a lot of stuff through low level missions and see people use life support at silly times. I tend to tell them not to use it until 40%, it's usually not needed unless we drop that low.

There are a few times where they don't listen either due to language gap or ignorance, those times it can get frustrating. I really do see why people get annoyed.

Those times I used to put people on block thinking I won't get grouped with them again but I found out a couple of days ago that blocking means absolutely nothing. I was farming credits in the defence on Ceres and a Frost would drop globes everywhere making it hard to kill anything. I put him/her on block but kept getting stuck in their group. In the end I had to log out. 

Talking to them made no difference, no matter what anyone in the group said, snow globs around the big platform. 

Not everyone can be helped.