The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Secura Lecta

Dopey

1 minute ago, KYLoooo said:

"New Players", MR-12 Locked.

MR12!=MR21-22
Anybody who is not end game I'd consider new and effected by the awful grind increase.

Cause like anybody who is not end game I still need lots of creds to build stuff.

Edited by AlexanderLS

Just now, AlexanderLS said:

MR12!=MR21-22
Anybody who is not end game I'd consider new and effected by the awful grind increase.

Cause like anybody who is not end game I still lots of creds to build stuff.

If you are MR12 you have other ways to gain credits. And no its not hard.

Just now, KYLoooo said:

If you play with someone who has a secura lecta you get way too many credits as a new player.

It's not MR 12 locked. Syndicate melee weapons are only MR 8.

But Secura Lecta needs to be changed, and hopefully it's highlighted the issue with credits in general and the devs can adjust how credits in general are gained.

Just now, KYLoooo said:

If you play with someone who has a secura lecta you get way too many credits as a new player.

I have never gotten 'too many credits' in a mission, ever.

New players need 100k for their first sentinel, 220k for Howl of the Kubrow, several million for all of the unranked mods they have, etc.

Running with a clanmate who has a Secura Lecta is one of the few ways to lessen the extreme grindwall new players are faced with.

4 minutes ago, AlexanderLS said:

MR12!=MR21-22

Cause like anybody who is not end game I still need lots of creds to build stuff.

MR21-22 isn't the only people who can be considered end game. You can have all the frames maxed and forma'd with a good number of "end game" weapons with rivens and still be MR 12. After about 12 it becomes a badge of who's ground the most, not really a measurement of "endgame" readiness. MR 12 is certainly not a new player.

But more on topic, I agree that it needs correcting. Credits have never been hard to get, but they are drastically increased by the Secura Lecta. Too many credits is not healthy for the game. It trivializes some costs, which in turn prompts DE to increase future costs.

Edited by Invisum

2 minutes ago, AlexanderLS said:

Why do people always defend awful changes.

Nobody in game is happy about this change, but come to forums and fangirls pop out of the woodwork.

Because "awful change" is super subjective.

People managed just fine without the Secura Lecta when they were newer, and everyone will be perfectly be fine after it's changed.

Edited by TrickshotMcGee

I just want to point out to DE should they read this that there were many viable options provided for the 'passive' of the secura lecta and you chose to go with the most boring of them all "double credits on kill"

If you plan on changing it, feel free to take another look at the others too.

1 minute ago, clemza said:

You have to admit that it is too much, i was in a game with a player that used that weapon, after like 7 minutes i ended with about 300k credits. (i had a credit booster on me)

It is not too much when build/blueprint costs are so high.

I've doing akkads lately to sure up my creds before nerf and I regularly get over a million with my cred booster, but I will need all that to build/buy blueprints.

1 minute ago, -AoN-CanoLathra- said:

I have never gotten 'too many credits' in a mission, ever.

New players need 100k for their first sentinel, 220k for Howl of the Kubrow, several million for all of the unranked mods they have, etc.

Running with a clanmate who has a Secura Lecta is one of the few ways to lessen the extreme grindwall new players are faced with.

So what if you don't have any friends or clan? 

Maybe DE just needs to add a way to gain credits as a beginner?

2 minutes ago, (PS4)leoman20111 said:

Syndiacte melees are MR 8 locked actually.

Sorry, my bad.

16 hours ago, TrickshotMcGee said:

Because "awful change" is super subjective.

People managed just fine without the Secura Lecta when they were newer, and everyone will be perfectly be fine after it's changed.

You have no idea how miserable it is doing alert after alert to get 100k for power core or a sentinel.

It is just plain miserable and clearly the devs want this game to as grindy and miserable as possible. People in game pretty much all seem to hate this planned nerf.

1 minute ago, AlexanderLS said:

You have no idea how miserable it is doing alert after alert to get 100k for power core or a sentinel.

It is just plain miserable and clearly the devs want this game to as grindy and miserable as possible.

Dude, you know you can get Credits in the Index, right? Even the High Risk of the High risk is not that bad, and it gives 85k (profit). 

1 minute ago, AlexanderLS said:

It is just plain miserable and clearly the devs want this game to as grindy and miserable as possible.

????

And apparently we've resorted to dev-bashing. Clearly the devs want the game to succeed and not have a single weapon trivialize one of the gating mechanics (not even nearly the worst one). While I certainly have been using the lecta (indeed, I spent a few weeks getting up the reputation to buy it) I am perfectly fine with it being brought into line with the payoffs the other syndicates get.

14 minutes ago, AlexanderLS said:

Dear developers, nobody wants this nerf.

replace 'nobody' with something more factual, I would happily accept a nerf, or much more preferred using one of a dozen more interesting suggestions DC provided for the passive of the lecta.  More than a few of which also increased credits in some way or another, except it wasn't as boring as "kill and get credits"

16 hours ago, AlexanderLS said:

It is just plain miserable and clearly the devs want this game to as grindy and miserable as possible. People in game pretty much all seem to hate this planned nerf.

I'm sorry, what?

You're saying that I have no idea how bad the grind is? I've been playing Warframe for about a year. I know exactly how bad the grind is. In fact, I know how bad it is more than you do. 

I had to grind the same 100K for my first Sentinel. Had to maintain my Kubrow, had to get new Blueprints for new guns. I have had to do everything you've had to do, and more.

So don't try to act like a victim. That cry falls on deaf ears.

I am defending the change because it highlights an issue with Warframe. If the Secura Lecta is changed, then maybe DE will buff the way credits are dropped in general, alleviating the grind and the necessity for this weapon.

2 minutes ago, AlexanderLS said:

20k for a dark sector mission on Pluto... I can get 100k in 5 1-and-out Hieracons, or 3 with a booster.

I can get 108k in under 20 minutes via LoR, or 160k in 25-35 minutes in JV, and rare crates are common in raids, so it's easy to wind up with 216-320k per run.

There's a reason I have 145 million credits, and it's not from running alerts.

Meanwhile, the Lecta allows one to take just the right setup to a survival for 40 minutes and get 1.5mil with a booster. If you honestly believe that's not broken, well...

I won't mind the secura lecta getting a nerf IF they do something about the normal credits, ie give them a buff.  The credits really could do with a base level increase because you shouldn't need to rely on boosters (not saying these aren't useful because they are) or specific frame and weapon combo's to get a level of income that is enough for you to 'survive on' and pay for the things you need as you level up etc. 

Mind you at the moment I have more of an issue with getting enough orokin cells, mutagen mass and crafting enough forma to help build/level up stuff more than I do getting credits even without using a secura lecta..

1 minute ago, LSG501 said:

I won't mind the secura lecta getting a nerf IF they do something about the normal credits, ie give them a buff.  The credits really could do with a base level increase because you shouldn't need to rely on boosters (not saying these aren't useful because they are) or specific frame and weapon combo's to get a level of income that is enough for you to 'survive on' and pay for the things you need as you level up etc.

Same here but knowing DE's recent attempts to increase grind they will probably increase costs and lower credit drops across the board.

I don't want the Lecta nerfed OP, but I understand how it can be justified. It does trivialize the credit demand and cost for people who do use it. Leaving those who don't having a way tougher time getting credits. I use it to help new players more than I do getting it for myself. I also got 7,000,000 credits without using it. And I know people with more than 50 who have never used it. Though we are all high leveled players. After a point Credits are not as much as a pain. 

1 hour ago, (PS4)Lei-Lei_23 said:

How many waves? 7642 enemies seems to be more than 40 waves on any tileset, even for ODD. Think about that.

That's the exploit. It was not a defense but on interception mission, we all know those have ways to stretch rounds and get more enemy spawns without making them scale much just like it was being done in draco before specters of the rail.

7 minutes ago, -----LegioN----- said:

That's the exploit. It was not a defense but on interception mission, we all know those have ways to stretch rounds and get more enemy spawns without making them scale much just like it was being done in draco before specters of the rail.

That's not an exploit. You can complete any wave at 100%/99% If you wanted to. It's an in-game intended design with the mission-type constantly flooding the map with enemy spawns.

Again, I repeat, an optimized setup made from in-game mechanics and elements that synergizes with one another is not an exploit. It's called playing smart with a party that knows the in-game mechanics like the back of their hand, doing it efficiently.

edit: Aka, "playing the game normally."

Edited by (PS4)Lei-Lei_23

21 hours ago, -BM-Leonhart said:

Whether you want it or not is irrelevant. We all had to acquire the credits without easy-mode methods until only a few months ago. It's only natural there should be some difficulty in getting them. If such methods are left rampant, then they may as well remove the concept of credits from the game and everything should be made free of cost instead.

And 5 waves and out isn't easy mode? Both ways are easy-mode one of them gives you the option of going 40 waves or more the other is soul crushingly boring.

Edited by Chaos.Blades