The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Secura Lecta

Dopey

I'm noticing a large shift in playerbase expectations that they be able to get everything in the game instantly for no plat and very little grind, which is exactly the opposite of the F2P model. There are very easy ways as a new player to get a considerable amount of credits (ahem, dark sector). It'll take some grinding, but that's the name of the game, and a couple hours in DS can net you a mil, easy. I have millions of credits and have never once used the Secura Lecta.

Orphan mentality.

19 minutes ago, Chaos.Blades said:

And 5 waves and out isn't easy mode? Both ways are easy-mode one of them gives you the option of going 40 waves or more the other is soul crushingly boring.

Wrong. The Lecta method is 200k per 5 waves. Not to mention getting rid of loading times. I am not awfully fond of the 5-wave method and I have rarely employed it, but I do not agree with making credits irrelevant, at all.

Edited by -BM-Leonhart

1 hour ago, (PS4)Lei-Lei_23 said:

That's not an exploit. You can complete any wave at 100%/99% If you wanted to. It's an in-game intended design with the mission-type constantly flooding the map with enemy spawns.

Again, I repeat, an optimized setup made from in-game mechanics and elements that synergizes with one another is not an exploit. It's called playing smart with a party that knows the in-game mechanics like the back of their hand, doing it efficiently.

edit: Aka, "playing the game normally."

it all depends on your definition of exploit, so I'm not gonna discuss that further. On the other side, it might be just a setup, but calling other players out and not letting them kill anything simply for not having certain weapon is not "playing the game normally". Also, trivializing the credits value in order to skip one of the progression gates isn't healthy for the game, and that's exactly what the current effect of the secura lecta is currently contributing for.

I like how many credits it gives me, but there is absolutely NO denying that is is terribly imbalanced. 

With a credit booster I have gotten close to 250K in 20 waves of Akkad. With a PUG. A disorganized PUG that didn't even let me get all the kills, just a fairly decent majority of them. 

Even without a booster I've gotten close to 150K with Secura Lecta, again, in a PUG, where I was the only one with a money making device and people weren't letting me get all the kills. 

That is ludicrously imbalanced. Should it still give bonus credits? Yup, and it will. They have even talked about more for mastery rank. 

Do I think loot weapons are an awful idea? Again, no. But the point is that the actual amount of credits is just over the top. It needs to be toned down. 

I hate to say but this is actually a needed thing for the game.  The Lecta was multiplying credits instead of being additive.  I would surmise they this is what they will fix.  It probably will still give credit, just not at such a high rate.

As for the name calling and acid in this thread, there's no real reason for it.  Some like getting things free and easy, some like to work for it.  We all are playing the same game, but in the end, its DE who have the deciding votes. May as well accept this or find something else to play.

The nerf hould come,and hopefully fast. I don't have the thing nor need it, but on another section of the forums I saw a player who got 3.5Millions of credits in a single mission (not akkad) while calling other players to do the same. I'd understand if it was a few thousands credits per run but seriously, the credit potential of this weapon is way bigger than many could ever think of. 

Thing is, the Secura Lecta did fix a problem that, depending on the scale of nerf will come right back.   No need to 5 and out, repeat ad infinitum.   It was so nice, affinity and credit running getting along on nice long runs.   The credit aspect, I figure it will still make credits just not as much.   But enough to keep playing to does the 5 wave war start again.

2 hours ago, AlexanderLS said:

MR12!=MR21-22
Anybody who is not end game I'd consider new and effected by the awful grind increase.

Cause like anybody who is not end game I still need lots of creds to build stuff.

How is MR21-22 end game? It simply shows you've made the grind of a couple of months to level up useless stuff. LUL.

2 hours ago, AlexanderLS said:

You have no idea how miserable it is doing alert after alert to get 100k for power core or a sentinel.

It is just plain miserable and clearly the devs want this game to as grindy and miserable as possible. Clearly the forum based fangirls are gonna defend any bad nerf/update but people in game pretty much all seem to hate this planned nerf.

No, you have no idea. Credit rewards were multiplied by 10 or more approximately a year after the initial release. Getting your first sentinel was a symbol of mightiness back then. You're just used to the recent, extremely low commitment requirements DE have brought in the game. 

2 hours ago, -----LegioN----- said:

it all depends on your definition of exploit, so I'm not gonna discuss that further. On the other side, it might be just a setup, but calling other players out and not letting them kill anything simply for not having certain weapon is not "playing the game normally". Also, trivializing the credits value in order to skip one of the progression gates isn't healthy for the game, and that's exactly what the current effect of the secura lecta is currently contributing for.

So you'd rather we regress back to Sechura, Pluto 5 waves with Credit Boosters on Double-Credits Weekends? You really don't want to be progressive?

Leveling up mods like Serration and Hornet Strike is a rite of passage, the same with leveling up Primed mods. Or, you could buy a max ranked mod with plat at your own discretion. But credit farming with the Secura Lecta as an unhealthy and trivial methology that makes complementary "progression gates" involving credits is distinctively meaningless? What? You would choose not to lessen your farming route and be advantageous and choose to strengthen your nerves of steel and do the same grind with more effort?

Y-You do you on your credit progression as a rite of passage. Go take the Strawman Approach. Sure.

Also: 

2 hours ago, -----LegioN----- said:

but calling other players out and not letting them kill anything simply for not having certain weapon is not "playing the game normally".

Recruit chat and composing a squad is a thing. If you're PuGing and you find someone behaving rash over the mic with the Sechura Lecta then either they're playing a PuG with their own expectations in mind, or you have your own expectations of what people should and shouldn't do in a PuG setting. It's a PuG match, btw, so you deal with what you got with random matchmaking, even if it's a player that's hogging all of the kills.

But, on the matter of calling players out on what they should and shouldn't do: Everyone has the right to play a certain way. You and everyone else in Warframe does not have the right to dictate how anyone should play the game, especially if said player is playing the game efficiently. Is it robbing you of your fun? Maybe. Do you and the other players have different goals in mind? Of course. But we all have different branching pathways that we go about in this game, and one is not overceding the other in any way. Don't think or dictate that it is. (Unless it's AFK players, then that isn't allowed by any means at all.)

Edited by (PS4)Lei-Lei_23

I'll point out why the nerf is  unjustified and unfair 

simply because the nerf is basically Punishing   Every player on behalf of players who have credit boosters+ secura lecta

im not sure how credit boosters work but if anything make the credit boosters only boost  the player with  it  , problem solved.

Just Don't.

I don't care what anyone says about it, but having those extra credits from the weapon makes it so much easier to buy Blueprints and start Foundry Projects, and Trade in the Trade Chat.

I didn't get Mastery Rank 8 because I wanted to use it as a Mastery Fodder Weapon. I ranked up so it would be easier for me to attain credits in missions. Especially if you are short on time and need a lot of credits.

I know someone is gonna say something along the lines of "It gives too much credits it needs to be nerfed", but instead ask yourself. Are you even reading what you are saying? If you have a lot of credits already I get it, but if you have nothing it means everything.

Don't ruin a weapon because people who don't even use it complain about it.

The problem is the Secura Lecta effectively did what coptoring did. I.e use literally one melee because it can give credits and ignore the hundreds of other melees in the game, game wise this is actually really bad. It's also the exact same reason we now have parkor 2.0 instead of using one melee with fast attack speed to move around faster. 

But didn't they say they were thinking about increasing the amount of credit drops depending on what your mastery is anyways ? if that's the case it's not really a nerf 

1 minute ago, SolaireTheSunWalker said:

The problem is the Secura Lecta effectively did what coptoring did. I.e use literally one melee because it can give credits and ignore the hundreds of other melees in the game, game wise this is actually really bad. It's also the exact same reason we now have parkor 2.0 instead of using one melee with fast attack speed to move around faster. 

But didn't they say they were thinking about increasing the amount of credit drops depending on what your mastery is anyways ? if that's the case it's not really a nerf 

But there are tons of Melees now where you can literally just throw on Primed Reach and Maiming Strike, and just slide around and kill everything.

Credits are a low MR problem, when u play the game u will attain hordes of credits, even without Secura Lecta. 

It now takes away a shortcut, but it was broken af to begin with. No surprise it is getting nerfed. 

16 minutes ago, X9tails327X said:

Don't ruin a weapon because people who don't even use it complain about it.

Actually they're rebalancing the credit gain because it's absolutely ridiculous, and they're taking a look at other credit income sources. When one weapon is the only reliable way to get credits, and it does so at a rate of millions, something is off. Don't try to justify an obviously unbalanced aspect just because you like it. From a statistical standpoint, it is too much.

Contrary to common implication, DE actually has a mind of their own, and don't only nerf things because of complaints. If they didn't believe themselves that something needs to change, nothing would change.

Edited by AdunSaveMe

23 minutes ago, X9tails327X said:

But there are tons of Melees now where you can literally just throw on Primed Reach and Maiming Strike, and just slide around and kill everything.

That doesn't mean people aren't sliding around with maiming strike on different weapons there's still variety but for newer players there isn't much variety it's just the Secura lecta because it's easy to gain tons of credits. And like Kai_Shiba said 3mil credits in 1 hr is just way too high 

edit- Also using maiming strike and prime reach don't give any huge affect on the other hand getting more credit for kills and being able to use both of those mods I do believe it needs to be changed 

Edited by SolaireTheSunWalker

I was talking with a friend about this earlier. Any sort of estimate that takes into account Smeeta Kavats, Boosters, or Warframes that provide additional loot should be disregarded when making the choice on whether or not the lecta needs a "nerf". I for one still use my galatine, broken war, ack & brunt, Zenistar and Jag Kittag quite often. Seldom have I seen other people in Pub using it. Claiming that the Secura Lecta has now somehow become the only viable weapon is ridiculous.

The complaint has no real basis that the weapon as is, by itself, is somehow a detriment to the game. After all, what do you do with credits after you purchased the things you need that require them? And even with those things credits is a minor part of the resources needed to build/buy them. You already need to be Rank 8 to even use the thing. Let alone have the mods to be proficient with it. 

Once again it feels like players who already have everything there's to have, and have no use for their millions of credits, somehow feel an entitlement to dictate others on how to play the game. I hate elitism with a passion, and unless you have some solid evidence as to how this is game breaking I don't even see the point in it.

Mind you this does not apply to any side effects from bugs the weapon may or may not have. Only from the passive of it doubling credits when killing enemies with the weapon in melee mode. 

Edited by Shadow8600

1.My only issue is what Steve said on his Sunday twich stream. So far he said he thinking that the credit gain should be influenced by mastery rank so not all bad but it gonna make it painful for someone with low mastery to get into credit farm.

2. I'm still waiting for them to address the SOTR credit nerf which they seem to have no acknowledge the existence of.

3. If they do nerf it passive I'm hoping that they give it buff in stats, so far it beaten by the atraxx in every category. It can't kill level 100 in a decent amount of time without maiming strike.

Edit: I love how people are showing pictures of it with meta farming squads aka groups that are made to farm. Like do you guys dislike chroma,nekros, hydroid,atlas and Ivara who also can significantly change resource and credit gain?

Edited by Fast_98