The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Banshee's anti-fun sound quake

PanicPrime

21 hours ago, Kotsender_Quasimir said:

Exactly. First Vivergate and DE speaking out against "drinking bird" gameplay (and dang rightly so), some months later the implementation of THIS... i just don't get it.

Yes, this ability and augment deserve the nerf hammer badly. Better yet: Rework quake altogether since it's awfully boring mechanic-wise anyway. Banshee is probably up next to be primed, take that as an opportunity, will ya?

Preach.

Her 1 animation could be changed to be made with one hand(like almost every other 1 ability like Volt ,Saryn etc...) her sonar is amazing,her silence is also great but her 4 ?

What the hell ?It's just so bad(in term of gameplay)

I play Banshee,not as much as i would like because her 4 is really insanely boring(you literraly don't move...),no synergy with her kit.But seeing that she got an augment on it,it makes me afraid that they'll not going to change her before a long time...

I used to play her a lot and just like Ash at some point,i dropped her a lot because of her no-fun mechanic on her 4.There is so much possibilities for her,yet she has this ultra simplistic anti-fun ultimate.

It's not fun for me the banshee player(it reminds me too much of the Mesa's case on Draco back then...) and it's obviously not fun for the others.

When i saw this augment coming out,i was seriously dissapointed...

Since Ash is now dead and buried we're moving to the next thing? Banshee really? I barely see Banshees and when you see her it is almost only in interceptions. I don't see anyone using her aside from her ulti.

She is such an OP broken frame that people abuse her so much to the point where her prime version got screwed twice. 1st by getting Nova in front of her, now by getting Valkyr. I got her deluxe skin pack and the only thing I use from that is the sonicor skin so lol, if you nerf her plus with the bard frame coming out, then you might as well delete her instead, maybe that way I'll get my Oberon prime sooner. Just pls refund the plat from her skin but let me keep the sonicor one ty.

You can reach around 100 meters with just stretch and the augment. It is IMPOSSIBLE to stay 10 minutes in sound quake with the augment without stopping to refill energy.

With just one Banshee, the cool down time can be risky depending on the level of enemies. Want to go extreme cheese. Bring two Banshees:

1st banshee goes into 4rth and second spams sonar with resonance. EV trin does her job and you can bring a frost for protection and boost the first Banshee with his aument.

1st banshee rest, second enters in 4th, EV refills energy for the first banshee while the second does her job. Frost takes care of nullies if there are any.

Restart...

I think either 2 things.

1. Staggering should either reduce effectiveness with range or time held since with reso it can get a bit silly. Also make it not work on flying enemies.

2. Maybe adjust sound quake to work like nova's 4 where it's a slow spread. Maybe change the reso quake to amplified quake where you can charge it up for extra range, damage as well as increased cast time and cost? (numbers like 10m 500dm, 2sec extra and 50 extra energy effected by power stats?)

i only use sound quake when someone needs to be revived. if DE completely removed the damage from it i wouldnt even notice. people are letting their emotions get the best of them. it isnt so much the frame but peoples behaviors they build around these niche powers. dont blame DE blame the abusers because they are the reasons we go from having nice things to not having nice things. people need to learn self restraint.

Edited by EinheriarJudith

"Burn the witch! Spread out, gather wood for the stake!"  

Nerf threads just p me off massively... how many games you face guys like the one you mentioned? Is it a general problem? What did you guys do during the whole time? Why did you stand around instead of actively charging the stunned enemy? Was it a big map or that cramped grineer ship map with the elevator in the center?

Why everytime somebody brings a gun to a gunfight instead of a sharpened stick somebody has to cry out for a nerf?! If you guys really are about good fun don't play random groups, form a group!

In sorties with random groups I appreciate everybody who brings the right tool for the job, often enough one or two guys have to carry the whole group. I prefer a boring flight over an exciting crash...

Seriously there is NOTHING wrong with banshee.... she does nothing more than plenty of other frames can do, like ember or equinox.  Funny how you never really hear complaints about ember... or get shot down if you just suggest nerfing the simulor....    I can do the same (or more) damage using wof over the same distance as my banshee can, pretty sure my equinox isn't far off either. 

Sound quake has such a high energy requirement that it isn't an efficient thing to use for long periods unless you have an ev trinity (which is just as beneficial to other frames)  or plenty of energy pizza's (no way it hit 10mins without energy), both of which ONLY work when outside of sound quake .  Then there's the fact that banshee is incredibly squishy and is stuck in place during a sound quake...

The augment already has limitations on how much it multiplies (20x, thats +20 energy per second cost before mods too...) and unless you sacrifice everything else the range isn't that much on most maps...

Edited by LSG501

Leave my Resonating Quake build alone! It's one of the last tools that can get us through easily the horrible snorefest interception and defense missions. Yes, they are so bad that I won't be wasting any time and energy on them.  Stunlocking the whole map it is and just be done with it...... It's more fun pressing 4 and browsing the internet with those missions. They are drawn out way too much. 3 waves of interception are boring, 10 waves of defense are also boring and 15 mins of survival are also ZzzzZZzzzZZZzz fests not to mention THERE ARE NO REWARDS during sorties only the end mission one which is a laughable amount of credits only and the scraps you get during mission. I'd rather have short but eventful missions.

Edited by Momo93

4 hours ago, Momo93 said:

Leave my Resonating Quake build alone! It's one of the last tools that can get us through easily the horrible snorefest interception and defense missions. Yes, they are so bad that I won't be wasting any time and energy on them.  Stunlocking the whole map it is and just be done with it...... It's more fun pressing 4 and browsing the internet with those missions. They are drawn out way too much. 3 waves of interception are boring, 10 waves of defense are also boring and 15 mins of survival are also ZzzzZZzzzZZZzz fests not to mention THERE ARE NO REWARDS during sorties only the end mission one which is a laughable amount of credits only and the scraps you get during mission. I'd rather have short but eventful missions.

Sorties grant affinity (syndicate standing, focus), credits, endo, rivens, lenses, formas, and potatoes. And there are only "scraps" during the mission if you AFK and don't bother to kill anything. Otherwise, you get significant quantities of credits, crafting resources, and quite a lot of chances at rare mods. Outside of kuva, arcanes, and relics/prime parts, they give you every reward you could want. You clearly understand that the rewards exist, or you wouldn't be playing sorties at all. You just want the rewards without actually playing the mission. The fact that you rightly expect Resonating Quake to do this for you is exactly why it needs to be removed. Nobody is forcing you to play the game if you don't want to. You can stop at any time. But don't expect rewards without demonstrating the skill and/or decision-making required to earn them. That's not how games are meant to work. You're supposed to have to play in order to win.

Edited by DreamsmithJane

On 2016. 12. 04. at 2:02 PM, Praxxor said:

Little to no energy drain? Do you even know how much energy that augment takes even at maximum efficiency?

This. It takes either a trinity to keep it up or lots of energy restores and downtime.

Also, enough with the nerfs. If you whine till they nerf everything you dislike, soon the time comes when the toys you use get nerfed.

If you don't like playing with the players using this type of strategy just leave squad and use recruiting to find inefficient groups to your heart's content.

On 12/4/2016 at 7:20 AM, ChasePanic said:

Apparently not enough if the dude can keep sound quake up for the entire duration of the sortie mission.

Energy pads most likely. Until DE starts limiting quantity of gear taken they can break most powers.

Im seeing a whole lot of crying here but besides interception sorties what does sq actually cheese? fissures still require you to get reactant and if banshee wants it her &#! is gonna be running all over the map to find it. farming? again.. you gonna go clear all spawns of loot every time you need life support or whatever? defense? after wave 20 those are gonna be the longest waves of your life

On 12/4/2016 at 8:24 AM, ChasePanic said:

You can tell me I'm talking bullS#&$ and I can tell you I sat through a 3 round interception on a large map with enemies on permanent map-wide lock down.

HOW he managed to do it is of no concern to me, what matters to me is that he did.

He could easily just drop out of soundquake for a few secs whenever he ran out of energy, drop a energy pizza, get some energy, start soundquake again. This would also give the guy a chance to walk around a few steps to avoid the afk timer. If he had a dual monitor he could easily watch TV and still do this with minimal effort. It is incredibly abusive gameplay, just like Mesa abuse, and it needs the interactivity/rework/nerf bat. 

Even without pizza's he could just have a trinity friend give him some energy every time he comes out of soundquake and runs out, then go back into soundquake again. Easy. So abusive. 

2 hours ago, wanderere said:

so rarely even see people playing banshee and you want to nerf her? next thing you know shes gonna be in the rubbish bin with mag.

Mag was actually excellent post-rework. But then the Nullifiers were allowed to completely dispel Magnetise orbs (along with everything else, because they totally needed to be even more oppressive), and the beneficial bugs were fixed (continuous weapons supercharging damage over time) while the detrimental bugs are still in effect (doesn't inherit from criticals or from non-projectile multishot) and "fixing" the beneficial bug actually made it bugged in the opposite way; continuous weapons now severely under-charge when fired into Magnetise.

Basically, the keystone ability of the Mag rework went from amazing with an entire weapon class to having to do your research and use a narrow band of weapons just to get it to work sensibly, and the bugs that weren't fixed means that you can be hurting your team unless they happen to bring the things that work properly as well. So you don't see her as often.

She's still good (try a Supra), but only with such specific loadouts...and in situations where there aren't any nullifiers.

Most importantly, though? How many people do or do not play a warframe does not affect whether gamebreaking and intrusive abilities should be left alone.

3 hours ago, wanderere said:

so rarely even see people playing banshee and you want to nerf her? next thing you know shes gonna be in the rubbish bin with mag.

Good Banshee players don't need her augmented Soundquake.

Bad Banshee players turn every mission into snore hell thanks to their low damage high range build.

I used my resonating quake banshee (75%, 175%, 145%, 140% - no forma yet), last night and just sat in the same spot for as long as possible (on io I could go about 2 rounds with max efficiency build and primed flow), dropped some energy pads to get me to round 5.... you know what happened, I didn't get the reward due to inactivity because the afk code thought I wasn't doing anything.... so you can add another downside to resonating quake in as much as you may not get ANY rewards. 

You need to move from the spot to pick up drops (hardly worth it most of the time due to drop rates) and if you don't do it or decide to leave it till the next set you stand the chance of not getting the reward from that rotation. 

Edited by LSG501

On 4.12.2016. at 1:40 PM, ChasePanic said:

During last night's Sortie, Interception on the Uranus tileset, had me teamed up with a Banshee who, somehow, built sound quake with enough range to completely cover the whole map with little to no energy drain, and negligible damage.

The end result was enemies stuck where they spawned, unable to move for the entire duration of the 3 waves.

This is not fun. It's exceedingly boring just standing around waiting for enemies to come that never do or hunting down perma-stunned enemies in their spawn rooms.
At the end of the match the Banshee did 80% of the team's damage and correspondingly, 80% of the kills alone. I repeat: This is not fun.

If it's possible for a player to maintain sound quake for over 10 minutes undisturbed, then its range should be far more limited than it is. I mean look at that uranus defence/interception tileset, it is huge. A player standing in the middle should not be able to stun lock absolutely everything.

Max efficiency,max range,remaining goes to flow(primed) and strength doesn't matter.That's how you build it.This is not greatest cc and has many flaws like you get stuck in animation and it has no effect on flying units making it limited to grineer only.There are far better map lockers than this so it's not that much of a problem.

8 minutes ago, RistN said:

There are far better map lockers than this so it's not that much of a problem.

It's still a problem though. If there are better map lockers then the ability to pause the entire map on demand then they should be looked at too.