Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Weapons which even Riven mods can't save.

Vali

I have a Stradavar Critatis (+162.8% critical damage, 227.5% critical chance, -30% zoom) and it pretty amazing. It's the DMR-with-a-giant-magazine that I've always wanted. 

I agree though that there is little incentive to switch firing modes given the semi-auto mode has 20% base crit chance and a fast enough fire rate that it can handle swarms of enemies, particularly with Shred. The higher crit chance on semi-auto pushes the gun towards a crit build which does not work very well in auto mode (only 10% crit chance). I think a buff to the status chance in auto mode would help - semi-auto would still be dominant but at least you could use auto to spread radiation procs or for corrosive armor stripping.

Yeah, it's really too bad that there are some weapons out there that even Riven mods can't save. Most of the times it's because the mechanics of the weapon are just too horrible for anything to be able to compensated for it. Examples of these kinds of weapons are the Stradavar, the Buzzlock, the Miter, the Panthera and the Paracyst. These weapons just need straight up buffs and/or major changes to their mechanics in order to be usefull. They can be ok-ish if they are modded well enough and are in the hands of a player that is experienced enough with it, but that doesn't mean that they are anywhere near good weapons.

I recently got a Riven mod for the Stradavar. Though the weapon is horrible, the stats are pretty cool. It gives about +125% Electricity damage and about +55% damage vs Corpus. Seeing as I also own Primed Bane of Corpus and Primed Cryo Rounds, I was thinking of making a Corpus Annihilator Gun out of it... But then again, this is the Stradavar we're talking about, so I don't know how viable that will be.

Edited by Zerathos_Dagon

8 minutes ago, Elfrided said:

Clanmate did a comparison of my weapons for me. Left is Latron P, right is a semi-auto Stradavar. 

unknown.png

People usually run Latron Wraith due to it's 25% crit chance. Latron Prime is rather lacking. 

I got a multishot and status chance riven for the Paracyst and it does rather well as a status weapon.

For the grineer I use corrosion and cold, one to obviously strip armor and cold to CC enemies' firerate and movement speed.

Though I don't really use it against the other fractions; I guess in this case, I agree with OP, some weapons just can't be saved. 

1 hour ago, Elfrided said:

Clanmate did a comparison of my weapons for me. Left is Latron P, right is a semi-auto Stradavar. 

unknown.png

Yeah, here's what I get with the Riven Mod I posted above

0NoQq3q.png

Worse burst damage than a Latron series gun but significantly better sustain. I hate the small mags and long reloads on the Latrons, so this thing is exactly what I wanted.

edit: I'm curious how many people have actually tried Riven mods on these weapons before declaring them hopeless.

Edited by ArbitUHM

• 1 month later...
On 13/12/2016 at 4:00 AM, --Q--Ascended-Seraphim said:

Glaxion

I hate to be the typical " WELL I GOT THIS SO IT'S GOOD "

But I run a viral radiation build on mine and it absolutely kills corpus,  emphasised by the fact I was lucky enough to get a riven that has Multishot, toxic damage, and damage to corpus 

Tested against a level 140 nulifier / Corpus Tech, and it absolutely destroys them, when I get home later I'll post a gif to showcase ^

ONLY against corpus does this weapon rock though 

On ‎11‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 4:35 PM, Hypernaut1 said:

for me, no amount of power would make me use a sniper extensively. I also dont care much for the buzlok. Im trying to get rid of rivens for the snipetron and buzlok, but no takers.

Vectis with a good riven (i got a crit%, crit damage, punchtrhough) is really good on Law of Retribution/NM :) when you can snipe nullifiers/powerfists etc/G3 from the distance while pressing your button.

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/12/2016 at 4:49 PM, Marvelous_A said:

Like I said Riven mod is the ultimate bandaid in the game one can think of.

tbh, no. the thing is, you cant have EVERY weapon good or they be no reason to try other weapons or "upgrade" to a differnt weapon. the fact is Riven mods make starter weapons/just bad ones good again. at least much better. a good exmaple is, if everyone started with a prime bolter Day 1 in wf, kinda would ruin the game in alot of ways

8 minutes ago, Urska said:

tbh, no. the thing is, you cant have EVERY weapon good or they be no reason to try other weapons or "upgrade" to a differnt weapon. the fact is Riven mods make starter weapons/just bad ones good again. at least much better. a good exmaple is, if everyone started with a prime bolter Day 1 in wf, kinda would ruin the game in alot of ways

Why did you dig this up two months late??