Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Weapons which even Riven mods can't save.

Vali

Riven mods were given to us as a buff to older and weaker weapons while giving a small benefit to already powerful meta weapons. But what are some weapons which you think still simply can't make the cut (meaning sortie viable) due to their extremely lackluster stats?

For me, the Stradavar with its two firing modes, one being a worse version of most other auto-rifles and the other mode being a worse version of the Latron/Sybaris series. Put two cruddy weapons together and we get the Stradavar, which is for some reason locked at MR8. The issue with this weapon is that it's mechanically pointless.There's very little incentive to swap between the two modes when one is overall superior, unlike the recently released Zarr which both modes fit different situations.  

The second being the Paracyst, and it's low overall stats and near to useless secondary fire. It does have a decent status chance but its extremely low base damage of 25 is hard to overcome. 

What are your guys' thoughts on this? Are there any weapons which need a straight up buff instead of a Riven? 

Edit:

With the responses here, I think I should elaborate that what I find bad about these weapons aren't just their stats, rather the mechanics which come with them. 

For example, the Paracyst has a close to useless single target grapple hook which is most situations don't benefit you in any way. The Stradavar has two completely different modes which one is more beneficial to use than the other.

From the comments below, I see more mechanically flawed weapons (eg. Snipers, depending on your taste) and the Miter/Panthera which has somewhat unreliable saws and mechanics which are niche at best. 

Edited by Agentawesome

well i have tried very good rivens on stradavar, no matter how good its your riven, its just the weapon that it sucks, unless u want to use it against mid-low level enemies.. there's a lot of weapons that need love/buffs, i have high hopes for stradavar getting a prime version in the future at least...

6 minutes ago, Venom-Snake said:

Panthera and Miter.

Nuff said.

Ive got 5 forma in my panthera, and without riven mods it used to perform well in old draco. I was hoping a riven mod would be enough to take it from there to sortie viable.

Perhaps..two or three riven mods on a single weapon would be enough, can we use more than one? I would have to trade probably but if you like a weapon, then why not.

45 minutes ago, Frenrihr89 said:

its sad because i do like the stradavar a lot, it has a very good design, beautiful, love the switch fire mechanic... but the stats ... meh

Imo the full auto should be more status focussed and the semi auto should be completely crit focussed.

Like full auto: Keeps 10% crit or maybe buff to 15%, buff status to 20 - 25%

Semi auto: Buff crit chance to 25 - 30% and multiplier to 2.5x, but nerf the status to 5%.

And looking into it, I say the Buzlok, dat flight speed, coupled with low reload and low crit/status chance, beside that it being impact damage focussed make it a very hard weapon to buff up, especially with the RNG. 

So far best I've managed to get out of 4 rerolls is +reload speed and +damage to corpus for it.

Edited by Madway7

43 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

for me, no amount of power would make me use a sniper extensively. I also dont care much for the buzlok. Im trying to get rid of rivens for the snipetron and buzlok, but no takers.

I'll take your snipetron one, I love my Snipetron Vandal xP

Edited by PoisonHD

My first riven mod was for the cernos.  Not cernos prime.  or the rakta cernos.  hell not even for the mutalist cernos.  Just the normal one.

If fully upgraded it it would give me like 80% electricity and I think 60% heat?

Not sure that's enough to make it usable on things outside corpus since it is most impact.  Either way it doesn't matter though.  I need to be MR 16 to use it but i'm almost 10.

10 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Knight Raime said:

My first riven mod was for the cernos.  Not cernos prime.  or the rakta cernos.  hell not even for the mutalist cernos.  Just the normal one.

If fully upgraded it it would give me like 80% electricity and I think 60% heat?

Not sure that's enough to make it usable on things outside corpus since it is most impact.  Either way it doesn't matter though.  I need to be MR 16 to use it but i'm almost 10.

Just FYI riven mods work on all  weapon variants except mutalist variants so your cernos riven will work on the Rakta Cernos and the Cernos Prime.

15 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Knight Raime said:

You can use that cernos mod on the cernos prime/rakta. The same goes for things like the latron, where a riven mod will work on all three variants. The disposition might change on whatever verison you're using, though.

2 hours ago, Agentawesome said:

Riven mods were given to us as a buff to older and weaker weapons while giving a small benefit to already powerful meta weapons. But what are some weapons which you think still simply can't make the cut (meaning sortie viable) due to their extremely lackluster stats?

For me, the Stradavar with its two firing modes, one being a worse version of most other auto-rifles and the other mode being a worse version of the Latron/Sybaris series. Put two cruddy weapons together and we get the Stradavar, which is for some reason locked at MR8. The issue with this weapon is that it's mechanically pointless.There's very little incentive to swap between the two modes when one is overall superior, unlike the recently released Zarr which both modes fit different situations.  

The second being the Paracyst, and it's low overall stats and near to useless secondary fire. It does have a decent status chance but its extremely low base damage of 25 is hard to overcome. 

What are your guys' thoughts on this? Are there any weapons which need a straight up buff instead of a Riven? 

I'm sorry, but have you ever tried a paracyst status build? I can use a corrosive build to down a 145 bombard faster than a tonkor/ soma. With my riven , i melt them. And it works just fine in the field.