Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nekros = weaker than other warframes

Hale123

Aside from the tankiness others have already mentioned, his shadows are incredibly effective at distracting the enemy. It keeps from targeting you, your team, or defense objective.

I solo Hieracon to 1600-2000 without any issues because the enemies practically ignore the excavator and go after my shadows instead. I could definitely go longer if I tried. Same goes for sortie defense. Just recast shadows occasionally when the sortie npc wanders too far, and the enemies will generally only target your shadows.

Nekros' advantage comes from survivability. He creates a steady flow of health orbs (which can also mean energy and armor if modded for it) with his third ability, and he keeps enemies from hurting him with his second and fourth. 

I just wish his first had some synergy with his other abilities. Even his Prime trailer shows his soul punch converting an enemy into a shadow. It'd be nice if a killing blow would convert that enemy into a shadow, replacing the weakest (or closest to death) shadow in the current group, so as to not exceed the limit.

1 hour ago, ashrah said:

ppl play nekros to get  more loot... any other build is not relevent for team play

I'm gonna disagree with you harshly there, Creeping Terrify with good Strength and Range is pretty amazing CC,
Shadows can work as decoys (also protection if they're Nullifiers / Ancients / Shield Ospreys) plus of course there's Soul Survivor.

Really, if you're only playing Bonedaddy with a "lootbot" mindset / build,
you're depriving the Squad and not least yourself of significant (further) support potential.

15 minutes ago, NinjaZeku said:

you're depriving the Squad and not least yourself of significant (further) support potential.

As well as fun.

When I play I want team mates who can carry their own weight. I don't care if they have turned their Desecrate on as that is their own choice.

2 hours ago, Golmihr said:

If power is not a problem and you are drowning in health orb (as I take it), have you considered swapping that Despoil out for Health Conversion to buff your survivability up that much more for when your shadows are not up? (I realize that you want to constant do self damage to be able to pick up the health orbs but I'm wondering if you really use that much energy)

Take off fleeting for health conversion. U wont need the efficiency, because you constantly gathering energy

I use a similar build to the ones suggested above. I recommend those.

Nekros isn't a "damage" frame. He's more crowd control/support, really. He's amazingly durable with those builds, often times more so than Rhino. 

Everyone's first ability kinda sucks. For most frames I only use it to take out shield drone and ospreys, which is especially good for Nekros because his is hitscan.

My only complaint about him is his Shadows really clutter the place up making it hard to kill enemies without an AoE weapon. And don't even get me started on him resurrecting a Nullifer or Arctic Eximus. As other frames I have to steal kills from Nekros when I see them so that they don't create an indestructible, bulletproof bubble for the next 60 seconds that players can't deal with.

1 hour ago, (Xbox One)FCastle74 said:

Take off fleeting for health conversion. U wont need the efficiency, because you constantly gathering energy

I figured he felt he need it since he picked a Streamline over Intensify. His #4 is somewhat expensive (100 base cost) and he isn't drowning in energy.

Edited by Golmihr

Hahaha...ahahahahaha, you're serious?

I don't know whether to explain why he isn't the weakest, or call you a troll. Well here we go...

Nekros is a support tank, meant to serve as a force multiplier instead of a direct increase to damage output. If your build doesn't use SoTD, you're doing it wrong, quite wrong. You don't need a max power strength build either, Shield of Shadows caps out at 90% at 214% power strength. Whilst I agree that terrify has a bit of a consistency issue due to how targets are seemingly chosen at random within range, instead of going by proximity, DE could fix that. However when it comes to the rest of his kit, the only weak skill in his arsenal is his 1, yet at the same time it has one of the most powerful knockback effects of any skill in the game. Don't like that bombard? Send him to the moon. As seen on this thread the best build for Nekros involves the use of two augments and equilibrium. Despoil to convert energy use to HP drain, and Shield of Shadows to mitigate the majority of damage away from Nekros. Equilibrium acts as a continuous energy/hp regenerator, assuming your sentinel hasn't imploded due to a stray sortie-level bombard rocket. Health conversion isn't as effective as you're constantly losing stacks whilst desecrate is active, and that means that you don't have 1350 armor unless you're constantly picking up a health orb every 3 seconds. Does Nekros need some minor tweaks? Sure, but he is most definitely not the weakest frame in the game.

Frost is one of the most effectively balanced frames in the game, especially considering the majority of his kit is meant for a role as a  support frame. Defensive skills, debuffs, and slows. Whilst the avalanche skill may scale infinitely due to its % armor reduction, frost himself does not, and it takes unintuitive methods to make him broken. His new augment scales even less effectively but it is only meant to serve as a stopgap damage mitigation for squisher frames when traveling from point A to point B. Frost can seem overpowered due to particular cookie-cutter builds which rely on energy pizza/ 4-spam but this is not an accurate depiction of the majority of frost players.

Rhino is a strong but simple warframe to master, why he hasn't been made a starter is beyond me. He has simple but effective skills, and his main weakness is that his armor doesn't scale very far without extremely specific mod setups. This doesn't mean he is weak, he is actually quite effective, especially with the new augment, which allows people who build for duration/ range to remain effective in higher level missions via hard CC. Rhino is the rival paladin archetype to Oberon, and if anything Oberon needs some buffs not Nekros.

Edited by Nox_Terminus

20 hours ago, NinjaZeku said:

I'm gonna disagree with you harshly there, Creeping Terrify with good Strength and Range is pretty amazing CC,
Shadows can work as decoys (also protection if they're Nullifiers / Ancients / Shield Ospreys) plus of course there's Soul Survivor.

if we have 30 slots i would slap all strongest mods... but now with  only 8 slots... nekros goal is to get loot if i wish tank i will use inaros 

On 12/12/2016 at 5:01 AM, Killersguns said:

If you say Nekros is weaker than all warframes, I guess you haven't seen banshee. Her 2 is a decent stun and helps with stealth but god knows if you slow down little jimmy, you'll receive a lot of pain. 

I think you mean Banshee's 3 which is Silence.

Her 2 is Sonar which doesn't stun...although Radar and damage boost do help out with Stealth, in a way.

Banshee's Sonar is the strongest weapon amplifier in the game aside from Finisher prompt abilities with + Covert Lethality.(Which she has with Avatar Silence Augment)

(5 overlapping Sonar stacks at normal 100% Power-strength = 3,125 multiplier...total overkill unless using an unmodded Spectra)*

@Hale123 What exactly from Nekros do you find underwhelming?

Soul Survivor is decent range pickup.

Terrify is more reliable CC than Soul Punch, but both can be spammed.

Desecrate More loot.(The toggle chanheade it easier for Nekros to be mobile and do his own killing)

Shadows of the Dead= can help Nekros deal some damage, however I am not a fan of summon/ally AI. Augment adds some great survivability to Nekros.

I think his abilities are n a good place, although I wish Desecrate was 90+% and Shadow's AI was better. (In due time, I suppose.)

On 12/12/2016 at 7:30 PM, Nox_Terminus said:

Health conversion isn't as effective as you're constantly losing stacks whilst desecrate is active, and that means that you don't have 1350 armor unless you're constantly picking up a health orb every 3 seconds.

Despoil doesn't trigger Health Conversion to expend a stack.