Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lau Spy Mission as Sortie

PGDraxos

1 hour ago, ArbitUHM said:

I love that way. Bullet jumping from flat surface to flat surface is where the parkour in this game actually works. Just practice it for a bit.

Trying to parkour through a pile of jagged rocks always ends in sadness for me.

I tried for about an hour when they first came out, never again...other route is very quick.

35 minutes ago, (Xbox One)SkyAtreides said:

I'm just here to say it took me two hours to LEARN how to do the spy today. Now that I know how to do it, it's not terrible. 

Now if you'll take your time and find  all different ways to complete it you'll see it's probably best mission in the whole game.

10 hours ago, PGDraxos said:

nobody likes these missions and as a result nobody knows how to do them

9 hours ago, DRoc101 said:

Limbo cheeses the Lua Spy missions Hard.

did it with titania. she can also cheese em quite well.

also, once u learn the path for vault C, which is ALWAYS the same, its a joke. A and B are also the same 2, but they may swap as to which one is A and which is B.

Heh, heh, heh.

When i saw the mission i knew something like this was gonna pop up here. I learned how to do those spy missions way back when i first heard of them and wanted to get theyr rewards, also wasw just curious for the challenge. They're pretty complicated and fun, but if done once they're pretty easy. During this sortie had to do them all by myself thankfully at least teammates didnt get in the way.

Well now evryone has a reason to learn them, sure you can skip them but they're probably gonna show up again. if i had to give an advice, invisibility there is useless.

edit. i noticed alot of  people complain here about C and how long it is, it's not that long if you know the shortcuts in it :)

Edited by Enjutsu7

11 hours ago, PGDraxos said:

So today's sortie includes the Lau spy mission. After spending the last hour trying to complete it all I have to say is "what the actual Hell DE?"

nobody likes these missions and as a result nobody knows how to do them. I'm not very good at parkour so I cant complete one of them by myself and if I play on public someone always triggers an alarm. The last mission I played before I gave up was almost done, with me hacking the last spy vault when someone walked in, triggered the alarm and then left. The host migration that ensued resulted in everyone being kicked from the mission and having to start over. At that point I said F*** it and quit bothering.

I get that the sortie should be difficult and a challenging part of the game but that this is just rage inducing and unless I'm gonna get a Legendary Core (which we all know I wont) it just isnt worth my time to do it.

P.S. Yes this is me ranting cuz I'm pissed off at having wasted an hours of my time. I'm not apologizing for that.

I did it at my 2nd try. And I enjoyed it very much.

Play and have fun man. Dont complain about everything. 

Once you learn them, they are the easiest Spy mission in the game.  Even on a sortie, minimal enemies to deal with and multiple ways to get them done.   A few tricks to learn for each one and you are set.   Now, if they were not able to be done solo, might have an issue.   Less than 10m to solo for someone who just learned them.   For a good squad maybe around 5 or 6 min to finish.   Recommend Eternalriot Gamings "How to do Lua spy missions in Warframe!".   Clear, concised and relatively recent.     Also a good chance to knock out the drift mods if you need them.

The mechanics of swapping back and forth into the past/present is interesting.   Not to mention that graphically, its stunning.  

47 minutes ago, _Vortus_ said:

Once you learn them, they are the easiest Spy mission in the game.

Well, I have a hard time picturing how a spy with 2 billion lasers, 2 tilesets (pristine/damaged), wall latch and parkour everywhere, + sentries and 2km-length for one vault can be "easier" than any corpus or grineer spy that consists in "run through an air conduit, hack 2 consoles, gg".

I don't really like spies anyway so I got pl'd yesterday. Even if I wanted to give it a try, the game itself decided i should not to, we encountered the Endurance trial, died because of a sneaky napalm, and lost my hud completely (couldn't even res).

But I won't complain because I really love Lua's tilesets, so that will be a pleasure next time there is one in Sorties (Survival please :satisfied:).

Edited by Chewarette

1 minute ago, Chewarette said:

Well, I have a hard time picturing how a spy with 2 billion lasers, 2 tilesets (pristine/damaged), wall latch and parkour everywhere, + sentries and 2km-length for one vault can be "easier" than any corpus or grineer spy that consists in "run through an air conduit, hack 2 consoles, gg".

I don't really like spies anyway so I got pl'd yesterday. Even if I wanted to give it a try, the game itself decided i should not to, we encountered the Endurance trial, died because of a sneaky napalm, and lost my hud completely (couldn't even res).

But I won't complain because I really love Lua's tilesets, so that will be a pleasure next time there is one in Sorties.

because it's consistent.

The moon vaults never change. It's really a knowledge check. Once you memorize a viable route to get through, you will never lose.

1 hour ago, Obviousclone said:

because it's consistent.

The moon vaults never change. It's really a knowledge check. Once you memorize a viable route to get through, you will never lose.

That's the same for all spies except that you have a little bit more vault possibilities. Of course, on Lua you perfectly know all 3 vaults. But on a Corpus spy, even if you have 50 different vaults, all of their intrinsic difficulty are really easy.

That would be the same as saying that Grineer Capture missions are difficult because the tileset changes each time...

To me, even if Lua's vaults seem quite easy because of the lack of enemies, the wall latch one seems to be particularly challenging. There are 2 ways : the pristine in which you can fail 800 times and lose patience (thus, high risk of passing through a laser because you're fed up) and the damaged one where there are sentries and lasers everywhere (which means that a inaccurate bullet jump or a badly-timed one can screw your parkour).

The main difference is that Lua's spies, if you didn't run it 5000 times before to know the paths by heart, are really really long. And you definitely don't want to fail on the last one because you'd just waste 30 minutes for nothing. This brings frustration.

I was doing this mission so long (i stuck at C after completing A and B, i thought i've got a bug, but than i figured out what to do) that Lotus said that i have a minute for exterminating all enemies :facepalm: WTF?

Obviously failed it. That was the first sortie that i skipped

I was glad DE made a floodgate for sortie as players need to complete second dream, the pluto-sedna junction and the war within... 

So I thought that will filter off some freeloaders who ride on others in sortie... 

But it seems the floodgate 'skill' requirements is still not enough. 

Perhaps DE should made a 'higher tier' sortie for those who are qualified.

9 minutes ago, kyori said:

I was glad DE made a floodgate for sortie as players need to complete second dream, the pluto-sedna junction and the war within... 

So I thought that will filter off some freeloaders who ride on others in sortie... 

But it seems the floodgate 'skill' requirements is still not enough. 

Perhaps DE should made a 'higher tier' sortie for those who are qualified.

tumblr_inline_mvcwhjBerv1rzqa6p.jpg

It's a joke when compare to Ivara's part farming.
Use to run Lua like crazy dog on drug, 50 round or so.
It will haunt your memory till you can sleep-walk through moon spy in a few minute.

So... to say, Spy mission are all Memory test. Stubbornly do it alot will help. :crylaugh:

14 hours ago, PGDraxos said:

So today's sortie includes the Lau spy mission. After spending the last hour trying to complete it all I have to say is "what the actual Hell DE?"

nobody likes these missions and as a result nobody knows how to do them. I'm not very good at parkour so I cant complete one of them by myself and if I play on public someone always triggers an alarm. The last mission I played before I gave up was almost done, with me hacking the last spy vault when someone walked in, triggered the alarm and then left. The host migration that ensued resulted in everyone being kicked from the mission and having to start over. At that point I said F*** it and quit bothering.

I get that the sortie should be difficult and a challenging part of the game but that this is just rage inducing and unless I'm gonna get a Legendary Core (which we all know I wont) it just isnt worth my time to do it.

P.S. Yes this is me ranting cuz I'm pissed off at having wasted an hours of my time. I'm not apologizing for that.

... Honestly, I am glad Lua "Spy" missions were included as part of the Sorties today. Many players may not have enjoyed the challenge, but it was not impossible to complete. The only problem is that some players were not prepared for this mission and found out the hard way.

My recommendation is to use Loki, Ivara or Nova Warframes, Liset Landing Craft and equip "Air Support" with your gear.

[ I used Nova Prime ( "Worm Hole" ability) to go through obstacles faster without the trouble of dodging lasers (less than 30 minutes to complete this mission "Solo").] 

Image result for lua warframe