Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lau Spy Mission as Sortie

PGDraxos

1 hour ago, PGDraxos said:

So today's sortie includes the Lau spy mission. After spending the last hour trying to complete it all I have to say is "what the actual Hell DE?"

nobody likes these missions and as a result nobody knows how to do them. I'm not very good at parkour so I cant complete one of them by myself and if I play on public someone always triggers an alarm. The last mission I played before I gave up was almost done, with me hacking the last spy vault when someone walked in, triggered the alarm and then left. The host migration that ensued resulted in everyone being kicked from the mission and having to start over. At that point I said F*** it and quit bothering.

I get that the sortie should be difficult and a challenging part of the game but that this is just rage inducing and unless I'm gonna get a Legendary Core (which we all know I wont) it just isnt worth my time to do it.

P.S. Yes this is me ranting cuz I'm pissed off at having wasted an hours of my time. I'm not apologizing for that.

1.Sorties are meant to be a challenge

2. If you're not good at parkour you should probably get better at it asap since it's like the most important way to survive in end-game (which sorties are meant to be along with the kuva floods)

3.Thee are many toturials on how to do these spy vaults on youtube. I did this aswell since it was my 2nd time doing a run there, and the last one were around 4 months ago.

4.Please do not jump into sorties to leech.

Just now, -AoN-CanoLathra- said:

My problem was that each vault's alarm went off the moment I opened the door, and while I can do the wall jump and the laser room pretty fast, the long spy room 'C' takes me wayt longer than a minute to complete.

Do the simon says shortcut from the main room

16 minutes ago, DRoc101 said:

Do the simon says shortcut from the main room

That often feels like it takes longer than sprinting through the other room, and also suffers from being... entirely non-functional if you aren't the host.

i mean, my recommendation would be soloing it anyhow.

I failed a couple of times after I got it down the first time grinded them for mods but once I got everything, I never touched it again and for a reason. Had to go through some trial and error before it came back but even then it was ridiculous and shouldn't' be included. They're worse than the underwater one and there are way too many instances where you can trip an alert easily and in some cases very cheaply. Like one section where you can be teleported into a room full of spinning lasers and one of them can easily just swipe across you from the starting position before you do some stupid thing to shoot an explosive barrel to knock over a tower and blah blah. You want to include these? Fine, guarantee me a riven mod at the end because I'm very annoyed I can't get jack from sorties in this regard and you want me to spend plat just to have one thing to do in a game where I've done 95% of the content already and have nothing left to do. I'm getting really close to letting this game go for good because the one riven mod the game did give me was a sentinel mod I haven't touched and I can't get a hold of anything else unless I spend plat or brave getting an exilus adapter, a reactor, a lens, and then endo. 

2 hours ago, PGDraxos said:

So today's sortie includes the Lau spy mission. After spending the last hour trying to complete it all I have to say is "what the actual Hell DE?"

nobody likes these missions and as a result nobody knows how to do them. I'm not very good at parkour so I cant complete one of them by myself and if I play on public someone always triggers an alarm. The last mission I played before I gave up was almost done, with me hacking the last spy vault when someone walked in, triggered the alarm and then left. The host migration that ensued resulted in everyone being kicked from the mission and having to start over. At that point I said F*** it and quit bothering.

I get that the sortie should be difficult and a challenging part of the game but that this is just rage inducing and unless I'm gonna get a Legendary Core (which we all know I wont) it just isnt worth my time to do it.

P.S. Yes this is me ranting cuz I'm pissed off at having wasted an hours of my time. I'm not apologizing for that.

I love the Lua spy missions.  They're where I go when I want something a bit less fast-paced than most warframe missions.

Edit: Though, I'll note that I do generally do them solo.  I manage something that's probably just short of a 100% success rate on this one, and having that screwed up by someone else annoys me, even when I'm not in a mission where I need to get all 3 to succeed.

Edited by KnaveOfSwords

I really dislike spy missions. They aren't hard, but they're too slow for my tastes (No I don't run Loki and I never will). But the Lua spies are an unnecessary test of my limited patience for trial and error, especially when that error deals with the 3rd vault and the lousy door across ice floors just to lose out on that 2nd door closing in your face.

Omg, I raged quit when I realized it was THE Lua spy mission! I've only just recently been able to hack the advanced consoles without ciphers! So I am currently, with the help of the video posted and DRoc101's (Thank you!) post just trying to do the normal version. I was able to do the first two consoles, but that long one I got stuck inside one of the rooms and received a mission failure imminent message. This one is going to be tough for me because I have to see all the small parts and then paint the bigger picture for myself. I may not make the sortie this time 'round, but the next time I WILL be ready!

A and B are easy, but C was a pain since it has too many open ended options at first when first trying it when it came out. For people who are stuck on C, I imagine sometimes they probably think they're locked in a room permanently. Until you figure that out it can be frustrating. I know I was at first originally because of how long winded and large of a vault it was. c.c

If C is the one with all the endless halls of laser barriers (and the memory puzzle near the end) then to get started: After the first portal to the past, there is a long cage-like decoration hanging from the ceiling in the main hall. Shoot where it connects to the ceiling, go back to the future, and it will have opened a hole in the floor.

Edited by schilds

11 minutes ago, PR1D3 said:

Or, OR... You can figure it out or google the solutions. I did one pub said F*** it, went solo, solve 2 on my own and googled the 3rd one.

Or.... Just skip it.

Personally, it didn't take me long to find a group I could leach off of. I even died and watched them do it. I thanked them in the end

Lua Spy is one of my favorites, truly unique. I find it much easier than any other spy. I played a lot when it's mod rewards were exclusive, and since the 3 vaults never change, I had 0 issues with the sortie.

This whole post is a simple case of play the game. I don't understand people who just play the same mission on repeat just because of the best rewards or xp farm. Draco was a cancer to this game and I'm glad it's gone. Now I think I saw Akkad showing up a lot? Stop playing the same things. Finish your starchart, all the junctions, stuff like that.

My best advice is build a heliocor and go finish your enemies codex. This will have you replaying everything in Warframe and it is SO FUN seeing the places you maybe haven't been in a month or more.

Lua Spy missions are so easy if you practice. I was waiting for an Orokin spy since I'm a spy fanatic so I was quick to learn how to do them.

It's best you learn how to do it now before it ends up as another possible sortie mission... or you could just skip out next time.

Edited by (XB1)OTF SERENiTY

I hated it, and knew that lua spy would come again when i read it int he patch notes

spent an hour just trying to past C, which was really complicated since it doesn't look like it had any short cuts to it like the other two.

too bad I trashed Limbo

The people that are saying that it's easy... well it's not so easy if you don't know what you're doing, then it's pretty hard since Lua spy is not so straight forward compare to corpus or grineer.

Edited by onieyez

18 minutes ago, (PS4)Elvenbane said:

I never go that way, too difficult for me.

I love that way. Bullet jumping from flat surface to flat surface is where the parkour in this game actually works. Just practice it for a bit.

Trying to parkour through a pile of jagged rocks always ends in sadness for me.