Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lau Spy Mission as Sortie

PGDraxos

3 hours ago, Chewarette said:

Well, I have a hard time picturing how a spy with 2 billion lasers, 2 tilesets (pristine/damaged), wall latch and parkour everywhere, + sentries and 2km-length for one vault can be "easier" than any corpus or grineer spy that consists in "run through an air conduit, hack 2 consoles, gg".

I don't really like spies anyway so I got pl'd yesterday. Even if I wanted to give it a try, the game itself decided i should not to, we encountered the Endurance trial, died because of a sneaky napalm, and lost my hud completely (couldn't even res).

But I won't complain because I really love Lua's tilesets, so that will be a pleasure next time there is one in Sorties (Survival please :satisfied:).

There are shortcuts to them all.  

6 hours ago, peger said:

Its actually very simple if you know what to do. The only part that requires any skill is the part with mirrors.

One of the Grineer spy missions is more annoying (underwater archwing pipe with a fan).

Bring a grattler and blow out the fuse boxes and you're set. You could use the imperator but you need line of sight.

10 hours ago, ograzzt said:

Now if you'll take your time and find  all different ways to complete it you'll see it's probably best mission in the whole game.

I already know that, it was the ultimate test of skill, and well designed. I had never really used the wall latch, I hadn't worried a ton about timing, I hadn't had to solve puzzles like that in this game. It was a whole new way to play and I appreciate it. 

Doing this spy outside of a Sortie is now a lot of fun. 

Edited by (XB1)SkyAtreides

1 minute ago, (PS4)ghinellil said:

Don't think Limbo is a good choice. The only things can ruin the mission are the sentinel/sensors (how are called?), so invisibility is better.

Limbo doesn't trip lasers in rift walk lol. And I think only one vault actually has those cameras 

22 hours ago, PGDraxos said:

So today's sortie includes the Lau spy mission. After spending the last hour trying to complete it all I have to say is "what the actual Hell DE?"

nobody likes these missions and as a result nobody knows how to do them. I'm not very good at parkour so I cant complete one of them by myself and if I play on public someone always triggers an alarm. The last mission I played before I gave up was almost done, with me hacking the last spy vault when someone walked in, triggered the alarm and then left. The host migration that ensued resulted in everyone being kicked from the mission and having to start over. At that point I said F*** it and quit bothering.

I get that the sortie should be difficult and a challenging part of the game but that this is just rage inducing and unless I'm gonna get a Legendary Core (which we all know I wont) it just isnt worth my time to do it.

P.S. Yes this is me ranting cuz I'm pissed off at having wasted an hours of my time. I'm not apologizing for that.

Fact that 20 people upvoted you is laughable.

This spy can be done in literally couple min.

Just did with Ivara + Infiltrated + memory recall as most Spy missions I encounter; easy peasy  Image result for okay

Guess doing my homework back then, practicing/searching all shortcuts/loot, paid off.

Even though the reward was meh, besides Body Count, I couldn't help admire the Orokin design of said vaults so I could say that was my carrot to chase till I saw all that is to be seen.

On 12/12/2016 at 2:37 PM, Dragazer said:

Not hard once you get used to it, here is a simple guide:

BTW the Loki exploit has been fixed so ignore that part.

At 2:44 there is a grate that can be destroyed to the right that skips the laser and time rush

That video takes the exact opposite path that I do.  On every vault.

13 hours ago, Chewarette said:

Well, I have a hard time picturing how a spy with 2 billion lasers, 2 tilesets (pristine/damaged), wall latch and parkour everywhere, + sentries and 2km-length for one vault can be "easier" than any corpus or grineer spy that consists in "run through an air conduit, hack 2 consoles, gg".

If you are hacking ANYTHING other than the data on a corpus tile, you have failed.  Unless you get the "left" option in that one vault where either the left or right door starts open.  Then you can hack once.

16 hours ago, Callback said:

If you are hacking ANYTHING other than the data on a corpus tile, you have failed.  Unless you get the "left" option in that one vault where either the left or right door starts open.  Then you can hack once.

I took the worst case for Corpus+Grineer. The worst case is... Grineer, where several vaults require 2 console hacking.

Guess next time I'll have to be 100% litteral to avoid people voluntarily misunderstanding everything for the sake of flaming. We got it, you're da best.

Edited by Chewarette

4 hours ago, Chewarette said:

I took the worst case for Corpus+Grineer. The worst case is... Grineer, where several vaults require 2 console hacking.

Guess next time I'll have to be 100% litteral to avoid people voluntarily misunderstanding everything for the sake of flaming. We got it, you're da best.

There's 1 Grineer vault with optional 2 hacks.  The one where those hacks disable the death beams over the final console.  You CAN get in fast enough to avoid them, but it's not recommended.

What "several" do you mean?

The Earth one that needs 2-3 depending on the day/night cycle?  Yeah you do but that's a special map.

There's 1 kuva vault that I use 1 hack for, but that's also a special map.

I'm sorry to hear that. lua spy was a difficult mission for me back then, each data room has 2 layouts (present/past) and I had no idea where to go or what's going on, I ended up going to youtube for walkthrough.
Once you familiar with those layouts it's as easy as the rest of spy missions, only takes a little longer to finish.

As of your experience with doing spy mission with public, same things happened back when spy 2.0 was put on alert/sortie rotation, lots of alarm triggered and lots of confusion, to be honest I can't remember what was the last time I did spy mission with public and Having No real Advantage on co-op game I'm fine soloing spy.