Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Luna spy does not mix with sorty

Whitedragon1204

Is anyone going to defend this one? Yes but I still feel like giving my 2 cents.

I think due to the extream level of difficulty to get all 3 terminals on luna this should not be in sorty or at least give us mods..

A regular spy can be hard enough on a sorty mission but since the luna ones are longer they can get quite annoying. The platform one was a pain to get pass.

I really hope that at the end of this we don't get endo or a lens..... nope a silver potato after I did it all while I found a team that stayed put lol.....did not even thank me...oh well.

Edit:  why do we not get any mods for doing the sorty spy on luna?? That kind of hurts.

Edited by Whitedragon1204

5 minutes ago, Whitedragon1204 said:

I think due to the extream level of difficulty to get all 3 terminals on luna this should not be in sorty.

Isn't that the whole point of it, to make the sorties more challenging and fun (cause the lua spy is much more interesting to do than any other spy mission)? I mean sorties are supposed to be the endgame, right? So I don't think the argument "it's too difficult" is valid here. You want your reward? Earn it. Too hard to do so? You'll get a chance to finish the sortie and get your reward tomorrow. 

7 minutes ago, Whitedragon1204 said:

MUCH LONGER and do not have more variety of terminals like the other spy mission I rather see this get on sorty. 

Not sure if this is a positive or negative, cause you already know which terminals you're gonna get before you even join the mission.

8 minutes ago, Whitedragon1204 said:

I really hope that at the end of this we don't get endo or a lens.....

I take it you still haven't got to complete the 2nd mission :D 

I personally got 2k endo at the end of today's sortie. Sure it sucks, but I don't mind it one bit. I actually got to have fun doing a spy mission in a sortie, instead of doing the same stuff we get when there's a spy mission in sortie, because the ones we usually get are rather boring and no matter the modifier, they are not very difficult, just a little more annoying.

I hope it's not the last time we'll see it. 

10 minutes ago, TrickshotMcGee said:

I also think Sortie-level Spy missions SHOULD actually be difficult, as opposed to just walking Loki/Ivara through the level without a care like you can for 90% of the other vaults in the game.

While you can't exactly walk around "without a care", i found the luna spy mission to be pretty easy using infiltrate ivara. had some issues remembering the music sequence thing (then i figured out i didn't have to do that part at all). hacked all three vaults since i had a team was willing to wait for me because they knew they couldn't do it themselves.

I was afraid once I saw it, but went there and finished it at the first try even tough I had never been able to do that in the normal node. Go there, study the rooms, go with a friend so you can discover it together if needed, get some practice and then go back to the sortie and you'll realize it wasn't as hard as it seemed. Good Luck! 

Did it with Limbo. Limbo goes where he pleases lasers or not :D

ended up with a . . . Forma for my sortie. NotLikeThis

I definitely didn't like seeing it on the mission list though. I already don't like doing sortie spy with public groups, Lua spy with public. . . no ty.

WTF? What is with those post about lua spy being too long/too hard? I get it, its a spy. Not everyone likes it. But the lua spy are easy compared to some other spy rooms. Even without inv frame they are easy. The ones that are challenging for me are those that come out new. And then still not for long. If you dont like it or dont know how to do it, either get of your lazy butt and train, watch how it can be done or just ask someone to help you, or in extreme case, open the public gates.

I always skip the sorties if it contains a spy mission on Lua. 

When I come back from work I like to relax when playing a game and not stress the absolute f*k out by doing these spy missions, it just gives me a headache. However, I am sure Lua spy missions can be quite easy for some other players, for me it's just not sadly ..

1 hour ago, Gruumzh said:

Isn't that the whole point of it, to make the sorties more challenging and fun (cause the lua spy is much more interesting to do than any other spy mission)? I mean sorties are supposed to be the endgame, right? So I don't think the argument "it's too difficult" is valid here. You want your reward? Earn it. Too hard to do so? You'll get a chance to finish the sortie and get your reward tomorrow. 

Not sure if this is a positive or negative, cause you already know which terminals you're gonna get before you even join the mission.

I take it you still haven't got to complete the 2nd mission :D 

I personally got 2k endo at the end of today's sortie. Sure it sucks, but I don't mind it one bit. I actually got to have fun doing a spy mission in a sortie, instead of doing the same stuff we get when there's a spy mission in sortie, because the ones we usually get are rather boring and no matter the modifier, they are not very difficult, just a little more annoying.

I hope it's not the last time we'll see it. 

Alright good points but then how about this......why do we not get any mods for doing the sorty spy on luna?? That kind of hurts.

1 hour ago, Cephalon_Ordis said:

While you can't exactly walk around "without a care", i found the luna spy mission to be pretty easy using infiltrate ivara. had some issues remembering the music sequence thing (then i figured out i didn't have to do that part at all). hacked all three vaults since i had a team was willing to wait for me because they knew they couldn't do it themselves.

I am glad YOU found a team that could wait :) Mine just wanted to jump in as fast as possible.

1 hour ago, Xardis said:

WTF? What is with those post about lua spy being too long/too hard? I get it, its a spy. Not everyone likes it. But the lua spy are easy compared to some other spy rooms. Even without inv frame they are easy. The ones that are challenging for me are those that come out new. And then still not for long. If you dont like it or dont know how to do it, either get of your lazy butt and train, watch how it can be done or just ask someone to help you, or in extreme case, open the public gates.

Spy mission are not for everyone. People who have poor motor skills or bad framerate. plus pubs are worse XD. They love running in there and touching the first laser they see.

Also I got a silver potato

Edited by Whitedragon1204

22 hours ago, AandOE said:

Just wait for the Fortress Sortie Spy. I've only gotten all 3 of them once, with great effort. (non-inviso frame)

Fortress is easy.  Mostly because the alarms give tons of time to smash and grab.  Same as Lua really.

A is the easiest.  Why hack when you can slash?  There are electric panels under the 3 hack panels you can break to open them.  Follow them in the normal order and you will see the end door to jump to.

B is a bit iffy.  stay underground, pop up past a couple guards to the hole near the data room door, and go back under to reach the panel.  It's iffy because you can't really tell if you'll be spotted when popping up.

C the best I can say is to take the low road, but that's sneaking past a drone.  And the drone can come all the way back to the hack panel to get into the data room and spot you while you're on it.  There's probably a better route.  I just need to find it.  C is the worst, but you can still just break things if you get caught and win anyway.

Edited by Callback

On 12/12/2016 at 6:09 PM, Whitedragon1204 said:

Is anyone going to defend this one? Yes but I still feel like giving my 2 cents.

I think due to the extream level of difficulty to get all 3 terminals on luna this should not be in sorty or at least give us mods..

A regular spy can be hard enough on a sorty mission but since the luna ones are longer they can get quite annoying. The platform one was a pain to get pass.

I really hope that at the end of this we don't get endo or a lens..... nope a silver potato after I did it all while I found a team that stayed put lol.....did not even thank me...oh well.

Edit:  why do we not get any mods for doing the sorty spy on luna?? That kind of hurts.

First about the mods, i got 2 drift mods, not sure if you meant that or rivens.

Second, about the difficulty, if it is hard, this is exactly what sortie is meant to be, however it took me 1 run, i learned how to clear moon spy vaults, and even like that it implies a degree of skill in order to avoid certain lasers, however all the moon spy vaults i can think of also have riskless paths that are based on knowledge of the room over motor skills.

On 12/14/2016 at 8:31 AM, rockscl said:

First about the mods, i got 2 drift mods, not sure if you meant that or rivens.

Second, about the difficulty, if it is hard, this is exactly what sortie is meant to be, however it took me 1 run, i learned how to clear moon spy vaults, and even like that it implies a degree of skill in order to avoid certain lasers, however all the moon spy vaults i can think of also have riskless paths that are based on knowledge of the room over motor skills.

Some of us are not that young. I agree that it should be hard I just feel like it has to be solo or doesn't do it because there will be tons of fails. I wasted over 5 HOURS trying to do the spy mission. Not everyone is good on spy. 

8 hours ago, Whitedragon1204 said:

Some of us are not that young. I agree that it should be hard I just feel like it has to be solo or doesn't do it because there will be tons of fails. I wasted over 5 HOURS trying to do the spy mission. Not everyone is good on spy. 

Spy missions have ALWAYS been better to solo. Because people be tripping. Alarms. 
And if you aren't good at a mission type, and it comes up in sortie, then you should learn it, or accept that this is meant to be challenging content that requires a diverse tool and skill set. 
And as previously mentioned, guides. There's a great spy guide on steam that tells you super easy and safe routes through every spy vault.

Or get someone to carry you. I generally offer on spy sorties to hardcarry someone in chat because I know a lot of people just never bother to either get stealth frames or learn to do them.