The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Riven Slots Post-19.3.2 Feedback

Askell91

• For those of you who have reached the max Riven Capacity, you can now increase your Riven Capacity by purchasing additional Slots. Visit the market to get a bundle of three slots for 60 Platinum. The maximum capacity is still capped at 60 Riven Slots total for technical reasons. 

Just... what the .... What next? We gonna need to pay plat after every bullet we shoot? Or limit the mod inventory so we have to unlock it every time with plat? I came to the wrong forums and gone to that hideous Chinese version of WF?

what-the-hell-1.jpg

EDIT: So far the best idea we got is bind it to mastery lvl. It's not bad.

Edited by Askell91

It kinda ruins the whole point of Riven mods.

Veterans will pick up and dust off the fodder weapons....

Problems :

# RNG to get a Riven.

# RNG to get the Riven for the weapon you wish try out again.

# Farm Kuva to reroll the stats to something decent unlike -100% damage.....

# We have ooodle amounts of weapons and are limited to 15 Rivens for all Riven types..

(Was hoping that each Riven set like secondary Rivens would increase it by 15... ahh well)....

# Even if you drop the platinum per slot to go all the way to 60 it doesn't cover much of our weapons.

Don't mind spending platinum on Warframe  I've spent alot on the game. But i cannot for the life of me figure this one out. 😕

( Whats next pay 10p per mod slot to hold 1 Bronze , Sliver and Gold?) 😂

I will buy all the slots as i have the platinum to spare. Just find this a really wierd choice... 😂

Edited by (PS4)Mofojokers

2 minutes ago, Freezing-Dragon said:

3 Slots for just 60 Plats..

Sure.. It look cheap for some but.. F2Ps.. Those who don't even know how to trade or even sell stuff.

I have 5k plats and it doesn't look cheap at all -.-

"hey look, we are limited in the amount of rivens we can save on our servers because of our bad design choice, let's make players pay to get more space on our servers"

As title ^ Ive been living in the relay for a week due to all the Riven mods i wanted to test out lol Shhhh don't tell anyone but that select a riven to murder screen doesn't apply in relays.

Anyways you can get Riven slots from the market now 3 for 60 Plat making them 20 each so i want about 30 more slots to make room for the rest of my rifles and make way for the next weapon type but that uhh is a bit much.

I think 10 for 150 Plat or just 15 Plat each sound a better to the players that really want 3 Rivens for each gun I have alot of fun doing different builds and i dont want to just get rid of that mod but 20 plat on top of buying or the effort to get a Riven is a bit much.

So thought on the new riven slot prices?

This is the same like frame and weapon slots. The mastery rank progress would have been a nice option to add more slot if you progress like each +1 frame and +2 weapon but that's not a big business.

I am wondering why people think it is not pay to win game because simple things like this costs real money. Don't tell me there is platinum exchange via trade because those wo pay with real money keep you guys alive. So we can talk about these things too. I see they need generate money somehow but if they want us decide to play free or pay for fun then at least give with the in game progress some extra and keep the slots as an extra investment which not necessary to pay for.

Just now, -BM-Leonhart said:

Yeah, I would like them as well, since I have reached the limit loooooooong ago, and can't try any other weapons.

However, they have a very legit reason, which is database space to record all the unique Riven mods. I think 20p each is enough to cover the costs though.

Can we atleast have the option to purchase one at a time?

please why would they do this, it really makes the game p2w, currently it is only pay to win faster but with all those buy slots or forget your stuff it is becoming worse

Boycott Riven mods and refuse to purchase Riven slots, and maybe they'll change things.

So long as people are still using this powercreep and willing to pay for slots to keep using it, DE is not going to change things.  They have no reason to because you're still lining their pocketbooks because of it.

Warframe slots cost plat, so do weapon slots, and both are essential to mastery levelling and general gameplay if you want to have plenty of choice in your arsenal. I only have 4 riven from daily grinding the sorties, so I'm in no hurry to expand my collection, but they're end-game content so I'm not too concerned. If you don't like it, don't spend it? 

I don't mind paying for riven mid slots but is that a viable form of server maintenance?

We can have 60 slots at most start with 15, so may purchase 45. that's 15*60 =900 plat to Max slots, a flat fee.  But server costs don't go away they will keep on piling up while the payment is made only once . How does this model translate into sustainability as opposed to a ticking time bomb?

7 minutes ago, Askell91 said:

Bind it to MR lvl... solved. This tread does not justify nor explain why it should colst plat. Good for you if you can accept things like this that easily.

are u blind?lol it clearly says it's a database storage issue, if u make them go with mr doesn't change the fact people will still complain they don't have anymore space for they're mod--> so new database storage (u know, those physical thing u use to store data, are not infinite and in the case of database storage they cost alot)-->need money---> charge plat, i don't know the math behind the price, but people still complained when the fire&ice pack came out at 60$ when all other prime access had a price of 100$ if u wanted the syndana. U can accept it and avoid making economy for others, or simply butt the head agaist the wall because you must think your right whatever. I'm not accepting, i'm understanding that there are physical difficulties here.

Edited by Sirfol
typos

1 minute ago, dstrawberrygirl said:

Warframe slots cost plat, so do weapon slots, and both are essential to mastery levelling and general gameplay if you want to have plenty of choice in your arsenal. I only have 4 riven from daily grinding the sorties, so I'm in no hurry to expand my collection, but they're end-game content so I'm not too concerned. If you don't like it, don't spend it? 

Lots of ppl have been at end game for a long time :( the price hurts a little is all

2 minutes ago, TaylorsContraction said:

I don't mind paying for riven mid slots but is that a viable form of server maintenance?

We can have 60 slots at most start with 15, so may purchase 45. that's 15*60 =900 plat to Max slots, a flat fee.  But server costs don't go away they will keep on piling up while the payment is made only once . How does this model translate into sustainability as opposed to a ticking time bomb?

Few things to consider:
-How many people are going to buy slots to get to 60 riven mods?
-How many people are going to keep it to the lower numbers or just say "Frak it, leaving it at 15"?

My bets, and probably DEs as well, is that most people are going to stay at the lower numbers.  Just like most people don't have literally every weapon/frame in the game in their aresenal at once.
Same logic appears here.
By making it cost money they are in effect limiting what the vast majority of players will take up in the database.  This can go a long ways to keeping the server costs of the riven mods down.  Even in the long run as more players join the game.

Edited by Tsukinoki

You're naive if you didn't think you would pay more past 15 Rivens. 20p is a lot though but I figure most will survive on the default 15. once all types are out. thats 3 riven for primary,secondary,melee,frame,pet. That also being the best ones that you typically use as the meta. Not in any way near DE's grand idea of making old equipment somehow on par to meta gear without their own Riven.

Yet the future additions of the game is not supposed to be built on riven power so its basically on par to payed dlc that are realistically cheat codes. Or they have the potential to be. Its a dumb system period

Edited by Firetempest