Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Operator should be a bit more of a fighter

(PSN)zeratul____12

The fact that they removed Narta options in Operator mode means that this is not likely. My guess is that DE pictures them as strong in the mental aspect, while the frames are strong in the physical aspect.

Who knows though, maybe we'd have more Void Magic in our arsenal.

1 minute ago, Beggining said:

The fact that they removed Narta options in Operator mode means that this is not likely. My guess is that DE pictures them as strong in the mental aspect, while the frames are strong in the physical aspect.

Makes sense but still I would like them to be able to take more than a Grineer farting at them before they warp back into the frame

DE have spoken. Operators suck, stop trying to make them cool.

Seriously, on release Operators could perform Nartas, but could not pet their Kavats and Kubrows. DE's very first and highest priority was to remove their ability to perform Nartas. We still cannot interact with pets. I feel like at some point, DE wrote themselves into a corner and realise that they themselves don't actually like the Operators, but can't just get rid of them. That really is the impression I've started receiving.

I expected us Tenno to be stronger, bathed in a shield of Void energy (which could be based on our 'frames mods), and our powers (which could do with 'Focus Augments' and Warframe mods' influence) to (almost instantly) kill any enemy, with an exception to Corrupted, Sentients and Warframes (Acolytes and Stalker included).

Currently, they are limited to any mission below level 20 due to their tiny health pool of 100.

1 minute ago, Koldraxon-732 said:

I expected us Tenno to be stronger, bathed in a shield of Void energy (which could be based on our 'frames mods), and our powers (which could do with 'Focus Augments' and Warframe mods' influence) to (almost instantly) kill any enemy, with an exception to Corrupted, Sentients and Warframes (Acolytes and Stalker included).

Currently, they are limited to any mission below level 20 due to their tiny health pool of 100.

With that said sentients should drop faster than a bag of bricks with the Void Beam but have yet to test it myself.

1 minute ago, (PS4)zeratul____12 said:

With that said sentients should drop faster than a bag of bricks with the Void Beam but have yet to test it myself.

The beam doesn't instantly kill them, but it does something more interesting: it resets their damage adaptation, back to zero. It does the same to Shadow Scrubber.

Edited by BornWithTeeth

12 minutes ago, Beggining said:

Except we made short work of sentients in the second dream. The operators are supposed to have incredible void powers, but can't transform them into certain things though, just release the raw form, a laser ray or a shock wave for example. That's where warframes come in, they allow to transform and form this power into certain effects.

I see focus as a way of the operator to further refine the power and slowly be able to manage it better in a certain way.

Edited by Genoscythe

The thing is that Warframes are armoured bundles of meat in control of an arsenal of powers and high proficiency in gunplay and martial arts, while the Operator is literally a child with no physical prowess to speak of, other than a link to the Void of some sort. If we call the "Tenno" the combination of Operator and Warframe, then it is very obvious that the Operator is the mind, while the Warframe is the body.

This means that the Operator should be nothing special in combat, while Warframes should be purely physical (they're barely able to move without Transference). 

TWW gives the Operator some powers, but when they aren't using their powers they are basically a normal child, only able to take one or two bullets or a smack. In fact, they are only able to use their powers for a short while anyway, before having to recharge or return to their Warframe. The only reason their Void powers are of note is because they have a specific tie to whatever it is that gives sentients/kuva based tech their power. 

Naturally it is an issue that they can't do much other than reset adaptation/stun Guardians in combat, but they DEFINITELY aren't designed for long-term engagements. Pull them out, kill some guys or dash a distance, put them back. Maybe if their laser dealt more damage (maybe even scaling damage) but had limited charge then it would work better, along with some sort of void-based defence ability. And they definitely shouldn't get their own weapons, it would ruin their mental-powers aesthetic.

As for Mods, well it'd be a bit weird sticking mods into yourself, even weirder when you Forma yourself. Resetting all of our memories, does that put us back at the start of the game? Maybe if the devs got around to expanding the Focus system to add more Operator-specific options. One day...

9 minutes ago, Genoscythe said:

Except we made short work of sentients in the second dream. The operators are supposed to have incredible void powers, but can't transform them into certain things though, just release the raw form, a laser ray or a shock wave for example. That's where warframes come in, they allow to transform and form this power into certain effects.

I see focus as a way of the operator to further refine the power and slowly be able to manage it better in a certain way.

Eh, mental = magic, that's how most videogame logic goes anyway.

Focus being a way to upgrade the Operators were considered, so hopefully we'll get to see this being implemented soon. Maybe then more people will use Unairu, or even Madurai.

Note: Operators moves significantly slower on ziplines; DE really didn't want them to be physically fit, it seems.

40 minutes ago, (PS4)zeratul____12 said:

By this I mean the operator is weak as hell, true this is because the operator does let the warframes handle the actual fighting but Id be interested in seeing the operator use mods to be a bit better at fighting or even have equipable weapons like a blade, staff or even a small pistol like the lato.  

If they were strong, they didnt need warframes.

So...... NO. They are ok as they are right now.

Edited by ArionLightning

9 minutes ago, ArionLightning said:

If they were strong, they didnt need warframes.

So...... NO. They are ok as they are right now.

Stepping away from the lore perspective for a moment, what do playable Operators as they are currently implemented bring to Warframe as a game? Now, that word game is very important. Warframe is a video game. Things in the video game are supposed to be fun, even the things which are hard are supposed to be fun through exercising skill to overcome a challenge. When you look at it through the lens of Warframe being a video game, where elements of the video game are supposed to be fun, what do playable Operators currently bring to the table?

The answer is basically nothing. There's nothing to do with them. Their actual purpose right now is to be a teenager-shaped projectile which is thrown at clouds of red mist for so that players can upgrade purple mods. That's it.

Oh, they can be helpful if you're having trouble killing a Sentient or Shadow Stalker, but even then, only if you're absolutely stuck and haven't got the weapon loadout required to kill them in three or four shots.

So, from the point of view of Warframe being a game, I'd like more stuff to actually do with Operators, because right now they're totally pointless. More ancient Orokin challenge rooms, Operator stealth missions, using Transference to briefly 'ride' corpus crewmen and infiltrate places, whatever. Just, something which is actually interactive and fun.

53 minutes ago, Beggining said:

Eh, mental = magic, that's how most videogame logic goes anyway.

Focus being a way to upgrade the Operators were considered, so hopefully we'll get to see this being implemented soon. Maybe then more people will use Unairu, or even Madurai.

Note: Operators moves significantly slower on ziplines; DE really didn't want them to be physically fit, it seems.

Ah, if it was that you meant with mental I can agree with you. Well, I think an Operator could be somehow faster by projecting a void field around himself an moving, similar to the void dash but in a less violent and more constant way. The void powers, when used more channeled could also form shields and such or reduce damage by partially drifting into the void plane.

Now that we can control the operator I think it would be a waste to spare it for cheap invincibility mechanics like the kuva guardians. Instead develop it into a fleshed out (but maybe not mandatory) way to play the game.

1 hour ago, BornWithTeeth said:

Stepping away from the lore perspective for a moment, what do playable Operators as they are currently implemented bring to Warframe as a game? Now, that word game is very important. Warframe is a video game. Things in the video game are supposed to be fun, even the things which are hard are supposed to be fun through exercising skill to overcome a challenge. When you look at it through the lens of Warframe being a video game, where elements of the video game are supposed to be fun, what do playable Operators currently bring to the table?

The answer is basically nothing. There's nothing to do with them. Their actual purpose right now is to be a teenager-shaped projectile which is thrown at clouds of red mist for so that players can upgrade purple mods. That's it.

Oh, they can be helpful if you're having trouble killing a Sentient or Shadow Stalker, but even then, only if you're absolutely stuck and haven't got the weapon loadout required to kill them in three or four shots.

So, from the point of view of Warframe being a game, I'd like more stuff to actually do with Operators, because right now they're totally pointless. More ancient Orokin challenge rooms, Operator stealth missions, using Transference to briefly 'ride' corpus crewmen and infiltrate places, whatever. Just, something which is actually interactive and fun.

Wondered when this was going to be brought up.

I agree.

I've always imagine Operator walk in the room of Warframes and modding them :) Considering she/he is the brain and the warframe is the muscle :) or seeing Operator playing cuddle witht he kubrow or kavat :) Guess that would make Ordo the nanny ? :P 

3 hours ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

I dunno, we slapped that Nikana out of Teshin's hand, and tried to punch him at one point...  we have that "fighting spirit", it's just that because we're only about 12 years old, we have to use the Warframes to fight, since our attacks wouldn't really do much.

Actually. That something that they should do. As the game progresses with cinematic quests the Tenno get older and gradually more powerful. Because right now as we're like 12, Teshin says "The world weighs more heavily on you now", and my response is "Well God help me because everytime I step out of my frame I get crushed more than a void collapse ever could".

I think people are still desperatly trying to grab themselves to that initial concept of Warframe in which the tenno was inside the frame and was a bad***, the armor around him just added a little protection and helped him control his powers a bit better, but everything else, the mobility physical prowess and skill was all thank to the Tenno himself.

The story changed, the tenno is no longer a warrior inside an armor, he is more like a pilot controlling a robot. He is like Neo in The Matrix, while using his body inside the matrix he can go DBZ mode, outside of it a guy with a iron bar nearly killed him.

The Operator thing is the void powers, the weapons are Warframe area.

1 hour ago, NeonNemesis said:

I think people are still desperatly trying to grab themselves to that initial concept of Warframe in which the tenno was inside the frame and was a bad***, the armor around him just added a little protection and helped him control his powers a bit better, but everything else, the mobility physical prowess and skill was all thank to the Tenno himself.

The story changed, the tenno is no longer a warrior inside an armor, he is more like a pilot controlling a robot. He is like Neo in The Matrix, while using his body inside the matrix he can go DBZ mode, outside of it a guy with a iron bar nearly killed him.

The Operator thing is the void powers, the weapons are Warframe area.

We don't need weapons for him. We need a way to gradually make him more powerful. Like being able to control Corpus bots. Not bosses of course.