Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Magnetic Spys? Sure I'll jump here...and my screen is fuzzy again

LuckyCharm

Hey all,

DE can you please stop with the Magnetic anomaly sorties on spy missions pleeeease? That's two days in a row now. I've had to waste so many energy pads purely because these are literally unavoidable in most areas let alone inside the confined corridors of most spy vaults. Especially when you HAVE to take some of these routes if you want to remain undetected.

For example todays sortie, for starters I had to jump through one because it was right there at the entrance of the challenge area itself. And then I was given a choice of two doors to take inside the vault (the grineer one with the elevator right infront of you with doors on either side.) Both doors led to a bubble blocking the entire door out of that room that leads to the stairs. Knowing that they were there I decided to take the lower route when I got past them to get into the vault. On completing the vault since I'd not taken the elevator I had to go back the way I came, right through the bubbles again. 

This wouldn't be so bad if they weren't placed in spy vaults but since they are.. there's almost no way to get through them without being sapped of all your energy, your screen going fuzzy and dark, and getting constantly pulled back into the thing until you bullet jump out. Having no energy is one thing, but it's quite another to try and do high level missions with no energy, minimap, and impaired vision. 

This isn't adding challenge it's adding frustration. If you simply must throw in these artificial difficulty mechanics to try and challenge us, why not just fix what's actually causing the problem.. namely energy efficiency and regeneration. And if you can't do that, please just limit the use to missions where you aren't on timers if alerted (rescue and spy)

You know that you can temporarily destroy a magnetic anomaly by hitting it with magnetic damage, right? Just hit it with a Synoid Gammacor or any weapon modded for Magnetic and watch it explode. If you want to be quiet, mod a bow, a Rakta Ballistics, or throwing knives for Magnetic.

I don't mind Magnetic anomalies as an addition to low grav mode.

I think they need to work on their spawn placement though.

Radiation hazard has similar placement problems where a circle will be directly on top of a hack terminal.

.....and no I've never built a cipher in 4 years. Not about to start now.

Even assuming you aren't using ciphers, or suppressing the anomalies with magnetic (or electric) damage, Getting hit by a magnetic or radiation anomaly won't cause you to fail a spy vault.

Every single one can be completed without power use by any Warframe. Unless your concern is that the anomalies are outright killing you, in which case stop bringing no vitality Loki on sorties, you can just take the anomaly to the face and continue on your way. It isn't actually preventing you from finishing the vault properly.

42 minutes ago, Heckzu said:

You know that you can temporarily destroy a magnetic anomaly by hitting it with magnetic damage, right? Just hit it with a Synoid Gammacor or any weapon modded for Magnetic and watch it explode. If you want to be quiet, mod a bow, a Rakta Ballistics, or throwing knives for Magnetic.

Does that work? Wow i've never even heard that before. If that works then you've just saved me a whole lot of trouble. Thanks dude ^^

Electric damage works on them too.

Also, Limbo while in the Rift can waltz right through them without a care in the world and has the added bonus of ignoring security lasers and magnetic barriers in spy vaults too..  I believe Rhino with Iron Skin up will ignore the Magnetic proc from the anomaly too.

...now what's silly is if you don't have a way to destroy them or ignore them, you get locked in a room by an alarm, and they spawn on the only consoles.  Mostly a danger to players who have not done TWW yet, but still.

1 minute ago, Hearsay said:

Electric damage works on them too.

Also, Limbo while in the Rift can waltz right through them without a care in the world and has the added bonus of ignoring security lasers and magnetic barriers in spy vaults too..  I believe Rhino with Iron Skin up will ignore the Magnetic proc from the anomaly too.

...now what's silly is if you don't have a way to destroy them or ignore them, you get locked in a room by an alarm, and they spawn on the only consoles.  Mostly a danger to players who have not done TWW yet, but still.

Hmm thats rather good to know, thank you ^-^ That'll make running those a whole lot easier. Just modded my cernos and tried it out. Works perfectly. I do wish they'd tell make these things more clear though, I'd been doing them the hard way this whole time

Yeah I'm just gonna say it too - I had no idea you could collapse the fields with certain attacks. However, I cannot say I have had much trouble with the fields. Usually equip energy siphon and if I do lose my energy I get by anyways. Plus you can enter the field and not be affected, just gotta avoid touching the center. The edges are a-okay. 

24 minutes ago, OvisCaedo said:

If the operator's beam disables them, I can't help but wonder if that means the dang thing deals magnetic damage for no reason....

In before all of Warframe lore comes down to "magnets... how do they work?" kek. 
I think it does some weird hybrid damage that affects everything. It certainly is disproportionately strong against sentients.