Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Riven disposition on Simulor

lukinu_u

On the lastest uptade, Riven disposition of Tonkor and Simulor has been decrease again. I agree with the fact that these weapon dont really need Riven but now, it's too low.

I have a Simulor Riven that had the following stats :
-70.1% recoil
+63.5% status chance
+90.5% critcal damages.

Now, it's :
-35.1% recoil
+31.8% status chance
+45.2% critcal damages.

Now, the mod is just less efficient than Hammer Shot BUT with a malus on recoil !
So, even if Simulor and Tonkor are overused, I think Rivens mods should not be worst than actual mods.

They did this so people dont go out and get these stupid powerful rivens for the already stupidly strong weapons, and make the lesser weapons have stronger mods. There is no sense in having a strong mod on an already strong weapon than a weaker one. Yeah, theyre not weaker than normal mods, but thats the point. These stronger weapons dont need to be any stronger than they already are.

DE: Buffs attica.
Me [with an attica riven that was already good]: GOLLY!

In the end, it comes to how much they can reduce the riven mod stats until people stop using it in their tonkors/simulors, and then buffing it to the limit, because the riven mod system means the weapon has to have one, no that it has to be all that useful on those weapons, as long as people still use it. The soma also took a greater hit because it doesn't have area damage (without punch-through).

Just now, lioganda said:

They did this so people dont go out and get these stupid powerful rivens for the already stupidly strong weapons, and make the lesser weapons have stronger mods. There is no sense in having a strong mod on an already strong weapon than a weaker one. Yeah, theyre not weaker than normal mods, but thats the point. These stronger weapons dont need to be any stronger than they already are.

Just now, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

well, the whole point of Rivens was to try and buff underused weapons. and even with weak Rivens, the Tonkor and Simulor are still Meta. then again, I id sell my Simulor Riven, and I'm glad: I'd rather keep Rivens for weapons I actually like.

Yes, they accomplished it well, but Riven mods for some weapons being weaker than 90% elemental mods is just a giant middle finger to anyone with Rivens for this weapons. If you get a SImulor/Tonkor/Soma Riven mod from sorties now, the game is like: "Hey, congratz on that mod that you will never use because it is weaker than all your other mods on that weapon!"

I actually like the Riven disposition system, but I feel like these "meta Rivens" have now broken the lower threshold for usefulness.

Neat. 
I was scared that this new system could get ruined by the Meta again.  
The main function of this system as far as I knew was to make underused and weak weapons viable in high level content. Not to let Meta weapons break the game even more xD
I'm pretty much ok with this change. Probably as the weapons are powerful enough, riven mods could fufill the role as QoL mods (like adding some reload speed + magazine size + a bit of extra damage could be more useful for the user than a mod fully oriented to reload speed for example. 

I still don't own either of the Simulors, (working on it...) but the rivens are still an interesting choice despite their disposition. Rather than requiring a core stat such as +damage, +multishot, and/or +crit which none of the popular weapons really need, you could try to roll for dual elements and a utility stat which will save a slot.

Example, I recently rolled a Simulor mod into +toxin, +heat, and +fire rate (not a fan of this) at ~45% each. In total it will result in +90% radiation damage and additional dps potential from the extra fire rate, for a single mod slot. Yes, it would be better to use a maxed heated charge and stormbringer for +180% radiation damage, but a dual element riven frees up a slot for something else, such as primed fast hands to improve the quality of life usage on the weapon.

Edited by PhiZero

my rakta cernos has a riven for it, and even its a faint disposition, its still super powerful as a mod so i dont get the issue here. %100 crit chance %60 multishot and %70 status duration all in a single mod without any negative effects. actually rivens for these weapons should have never existed in the first place.

30 minutes ago, Zeclem said:

my rakta cernos has a riven for it, and even its a faint disposition, its still super powerful as a mod so i dont get the issue here. %100 crit chance %60 multishot and %70 status duration all in a single mod without any negative effects. actually rivens for these weapons should have never existed in the first place.

You'd actually be better off having a riven with a negative effect, as that strengthens the bonuses of the positive effects.

A Cernos riven with a negative effect for magazine capacity, puncture or slash damage, for example, would be even better.

Edited by ChuckMaverick

25 minutes ago, Zeclem said:

There is more dispositions than just the 3 you can see.

Simulor have 0.5 disposition, while Cernos got 0.86 so Cernos rivens can have almost twice higher stats compared to simulor.

At this point anything other than 2 good stats and 1 negative is kinda pointless on weapons like soma/simulor/tonkor. You might aswell just use argon scope/bladed instead.

1 hour ago, ChuckMaverick said:

You'd actually be better off having a riven with a negative effect, as that strengthens the bonuses of the positive effects.

A Cernos riven with a negative effect for magazine capacity, puncture or slash damage, for example, would be even better.

eh crit chance and multishot are good enough for me really. it oneshots most stuff at sortie level and redcrits reliable enough.

1 hour ago, ViS4GE said:

There is more dispositions than just the 3 you can see.

Simulor have 0.5 disposition, while Cernos got 0.86 so Cernos rivens can have almost twice higher stats compared to simulor.

At this point anything other than 2 good stats and 1 negative is kinda pointless on weapons like soma/simulor/tonkor. You might aswell just use argon scope/bladed instead.

oh i didnt know that. where can i see those?

1 minute ago, Zeclem said:
22 minutes ago, ChuckMaverick said:

eh crit chance and multishot are good enough for me really. it oneshots most stuff at sortie level and redcrits reliable enough.

What I mean is that if your riven had +crit chance, +multishot, +status duration and -magazine size then the +% bonuses for crit/multishot/duration would be bigger than they are now.

1 hour ago, ChuckMaverick said:

What I mean is that if your riven had +crit chance, +multishot, +status duration and -magazine size then the +% bonuses for crit/multishot/duration would be bigger than they are now.

i know. im by no means lucky enough to have those two again. thats what i meant sorry for not being clear enough.

2 minutes ago, Zeclem said:

i know. im by no means lucky enough to have those two again. thats what i meant sorry for not being clear enough.

Yep, that's certainly a nice pairing of stats.

Though with re-roll Kuva costs now capped it only takes three siphons for another try if you're running a resource booster.

Being a Synoid Simulor user, I'm kind of glad that I didn't drop massive amounts of plat on a riven like I had planned, but I can see why they nerfed the Riven Mods even more. The SS is already really powerful and has a large AoE.The last nerf didn't do that much to it either. DE does nerfs and buffss all the time. I have no problem with other weapons getting boosted in order to try to make the weapons more than just mastery fodder.