Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Post Anything New That You Find Out About The Infested Room [The Infection Spreads Through Player Contact In Missions & Dojos!]

LascarCapable

14 minutes ago, ClaireCosmique said:

Hi! I do not understand the fear of the players. Is it by what it tilts the alignment? Personally I find it interesting.  There is a whole negative reaction on Reddit on the subject ...

5 minutes ago, Akinbird said:

I'd say it's about people not knowing what this virus will do or how it's going to affect your frame/operator that rouses negative reaction in people. DE never bothered to explain this thing, and now it slowly snowballs to the scale of WOWs Corrupted Blood Incident.

It's also the part where it forcibly changes your alignment through no action of your own.

Imagine you're playing a roleplaying game and you catch some kind of illness, and the GM says "Here, give me your character sheet. You're Evil now. Mwahahahahaha," and you ask him whether that's permanent or whether it's a plot hook or what, and he just sits there and smugs at you. And you know, you'd give him the benefit of the doubt, but recently the guy's been doing some weird stuff, like making his campaign all about these Riven weapons and insisting that if players want to keep their Rivens they have to buy him pizza, stuff like that, so you think that maybe you're running out of goodwill and benefit of the doubt here.

I would like confirmation on the alignment thing.

Regarding The Glast Gambit alignment bug. There were actually two bugs. One is that the alignment didn't update at all. The other is that the ending/alignment shift for neutral/moon were swapped. DE only ran a hotfix/script for the former.

I appear to have been hit by both bugs. I picked the neutral ending. Immediately after The Glast Gambit, I received the wrong message/ending (moon) and had no alignment change (the first bug). A day later, after they ran the script, my alignment updated, but it shifted towards moon (the second bug).

It's possible people are mistaking the change that when the script ran for the effect of this virus. If you checked your alignment after the quest and saw no change, then checked your alignment again a few days later and saw a difference, you might attribute that to the virus, rather than the script that was run.

Either that, or people are still being hit by bugs. The ones who see no shift despite infecting lots of people are bugged, or the ones who see shifts after infecting people are bugged. That pretty much covers all possibilities, haha ;-).

Edited by schilds

The bit I'm not liking is the possibility that it forces your alignment if you get infected by someone else. I'm not sure if that has been confirmed yet, so I hope it doesn't. I already got screwed by DE on that front because I was foolish enough to complete TGG on the day of release, so choosing the words to let Neewa choose gave me Moon when it should have given me Balanced. So now if I'm going to end up with more Moon because some of my friends and clan like to play Nidus and I like to play with my friends and clan, I will be very displeased.

1 hour ago, Xenox_Ilz-ot said:

Well, noone is paying attention to the comments in this topic, every question that I see now are already anwsered.

About the Operator infected or not, about what is this cyst, about Helminth.

Sorry @Verrenen, you said I was taking care of this topic but don't want to anymore.

Well, wait till it fully grow,spam posts about the new pet incoming.And this topic is too much focused on just one thing,it was the matter of time till its topic will become outdated.Btw that Infect animation on Operator looks like the infested try to put  new cyst but he's pushed away by Void energy

Edited by Verrenen

Few days ago I noticed that this... thing started peeking out of my Nova Prime:

A7ruvjJ.png

Noticed it after finishing infested excavation on Pluto (not sure if that's the reaseon). Seems to be on some kind of a petiole, it pulses. No, I haven't been to the infested room on the orbiter. None on my other frames appears to have this (not even regular Nova). What do you think? Have anyone noticed it on his/hers warframe?

Edited by NieZnaszMniePL

24 minutes ago, BornWithTeeth said:

Right. Just logged in and as I expected, my favourite 'frame, Equinox with eight Forma on her, is infected and has the cyst. She's going into storage and I'm playing in Solo only mode while I farm up the replacement parts for her.

You're actually going to farm and forma an entire new equinox? you do realise it's temporary, right?

15 minutes ago, rapt0rman said:

You're actually going to farm and forma an entire new equinox? you do realise it's temporary, right?

At this point, exactly how far do you trust DE?

You know, now that I've said that, I realise. There's no point in making another Equinox. If I've so profoundly lost trust in Digital Extremes, there's no point in continuing to try to play the game while dodging the weird stupid decisions and terrible unintended consequences they keep forcing down the pipe.

So. I won't be farming another Equinox. I won't be playing Warframe at all until I know how this trainwreck works out.

Edited by BornWithTeeth

15 minutes ago, BornWithTeeth said:

Their intentions so 100% obvious and straightforward (and already datamined) that trust doesn't even come into the picture, what purpose could there possibly be, by any stretch of the imagination, for it to be permanent?

"All warframes now have a permanent tiny pink pimple on their necks. For ever. You definitely can't get rid of it. Don't even think about trying.

-With love, DE"

But as per usual, every time someone quits over something like this: good luck and have fun.

Edited by rapt0rman

19 minutes ago, NieZnaszMniePL said:

Huh. BTW how do you add images? I want to add screenshot but it says that I've pasted content with formatting and can only remove it (sorry, just started using forums).

type [ img ] link here [ / img ] with out all the spaces

Edited by maxpixel

6 minutes ago, rapt0rman said:

"All warframes now have a permanent tiny pink pimple on their necks. For ever. You definitely can't get rid of it. Don't even think about trying.

-With love, DE"

"Also, you're all now permanently Moon aligned, and every time that you move points towards Sun, the infection will cause you to move back towards Moon within three days. It's not a bug. Screw you, players. By the way, in Focus 2.0 we put all the really cool powers in the part where you have to be Sun aligned to learn them. Have fun!"

1 minute ago, BornWithTeeth said:

"Also, you're all now permanently Moon aligned, and every time that you move points towards Sun, the infection will cause you to move back towards Moon within three days. It's not a bug. Screw you, players. By the way, in Focus 2.0 we put all the really cool powers in the part where you have to be Sun aligned to learn them. Have fun!"

Yes, that sure does sound like a whole lot of stuff that isn't going to happen.

Just now, rapt0rman said:

Yes, that sure does sound like a whole lot of stuff that isn't going to happen.

Yeah, that's me being facetious. The things I'm not being facetious about, though....

Riven mods. Just, literally every single thing about Riven Mods and what they mean for game balance and the damage system, i.e. we're not getting Damage 3.0. Operator mode and how DE's highest priority is to remove anything actual cool about it. Don't worry, the Focus rework will make it cool in 2018. The dodgy narrative decisions coming out of the War Within. The Glast Gambit being skull blastingly boring for most of its playing time, after one genuinely interesting mission to start with. The grind for Nidus, which was bugged as hell. The insane research requirements for the Hema, which weren't a bug. The way the Glast Gambit screwed up people's alignments, and the way DE are promising to fix it 'some time in the new year.' The way the spreading infection is also screwing with players' alignments, but DE are refusing to even acknowledge it, meaning that right now it kinda looks intentional. This train is not going to happy places right now.

29 minutes ago, BornWithTeeth said:

You know, now that I've said that, I realise. There's no point in making another Equinox. If I've so profoundly lost trust in Digital Extremes, there's no point in continuing to try to play the game while dodging the weird stupid decisions and terrible unintended consequences they keep forcing down the pipe.

So. I won't be farming another Equinox. I won't be playing Warframe at all until I know how this trainwreck works out.

You're still overreacting.

I understand why people don't like it but I doubt it's permanent or something serious with sinister undertones. De may make some bad decisions but they aren't evil.

Edited by Naith

3 minutes ago, Naith said:

You're still overreacting.

I understand why people don't like it but I doubt it's permanent or something serious with sinister undertones. De may make some bad decisions but they aren't evil.

They are just coming out of two straight months of making terrible decisions, contradicting their own justifications, and releasing bugs which they can barely keep up with. I'm kinda disgusted, and it's not just about how they're handling this particular situation.