Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Post Anything New That You Find Out About The Infested Room [The Infection Spreads Through Player Contact In Missions & Dojos!]

LascarCapable

1 minute ago, tnccs215 said:

DE already mentioned that you'd be able to change your alignment further.

I doubt they'd be so stupid as to only allow said change to be one directional, so I believe you can be pretty confident that you'll be able to change it back later.

and that's admitting it's even changing. Some people report it does, others don't

Just so you know, I am not acting through logic, I know DE will fix the bugs.

I have just the irrational fear of changes happening to my character without my consent. Also I don't like not knowing what the hell that is.

1 minute ago, Xenox_Ilz-ot said:

It's a bit buggy for now.

It's a lot buggy, along with the nidus quest choice not working.

10 hours ago, Ksaero said:

That is not true. My alignment stays the same (pure light). You can't avoid infecting anyone because warframes infected by Nidus also become hosts for the virus and spread it further. Yesterday my Excal infected all players at conclave match.

It is possible that the alignment change did not, as the information i was operating on at the time of that post, infact come from the infection but from their repair script for the glast gambit quest which ended up swapping my neutral choice with the moon alignment choice...hope they fix it soon.

6 minutes ago, kasalaba said:

Just so you know, I am not acting through logic, I know DE will fix the bugs.

I have just the irrational fear of changes happening to my character without my consent. Also I don't like not knowing what the hell that is.

It's a lot buggy, along with the nidus quest choice not working.

Ah, that explains it.

Well, you do you I guess. It's literally irrational, but it's not like its affecting anyone else.

2 hours ago, Night4ce said:

Now the infestation has a understanding of the Warframes and that growth I think will soon allow the hive mind to take the Warframe from our control and use them against us

Warframes are in some way connected to the Infestation, per both the Queens' comments and Ordis' quips before awaking Helminth.

This is likely why the Infested manifestations we encounter express such confusion/consternation, as there's something that the 'will' recognises as familiar. Though it may be that the derivative that is employed is a different 'strain', much as the Mycona's strain is different. Should it be a different 'strain' then perhaps Warframes are thus exempt from the hivemind, no common connection.

Perhaps akin to competing plants, which don't suffer competition at all gladly.

So...in the case of the Infestation wanting to understand Warframes, it makes sense, and I'm personally suspecting that's partly why the Infestation let Alad V retain some level of his own mind when it had him; perhaps it allowed the Infested to learn more about Warframes but not enough to seize them themselves, as even Alad needed to employ a control device as well. But this is, as of the moment, conjecture.

1 hour ago, tnccs215 said:

Infested share an Hive mind, which means they have some form of wireless, cognitive communication that allows instant feedback regardless of distance.

Does this reminds us of something?

There is probabky a reason why warframes are made of Infested Flesh, instead of anyother material.

Because, maybe, the transference used prior to The War Within was nothing more then an overwriting of the hive mind with the tenno mind.

Indeed. I mean, the similarities between Transference and the Infested's connection regardless of distance is quite stark. And Silvanna was hired by Margulis for work on Transference therapy because of her understanding of Infested biology, and Silvanna was still retained by Ballas to be involved in the construction of Titania. And then there's the similarity between Sentients on top of that...

Though I'm wondering if the Infested is used to serve as the necessary means so that using a Warframe is akin to 'inhabiting' it as one's own body. A medium rather than something to be disconnected from other matters. After all, if the Warframes are crafted independently, how would they be connected to a hive mind? Though that's perhaps something to learn more about in time.

As it stands, we know there's a connection between Warframes and Infestation, but we do not as yet know the specifics of that link. Helminth, whatever it is, may well be the door to this answer.

5 minutes ago, tnccs215 said:

DE already mentioned that you'd be able to change your alignment further.

I doubt they'd be so stupid as to only allow said change to be one directional, so I believe you can be pretty confident that you'll be able to change it back later.

and that's admitting it's even changing. Some people report it does, others don't

It would be nice if DE could issue some kind of statement about it, explain whether or not it's a bug.

However, the thing about that is that if it's not a bug then it means that DE are very deliberately pushing player accounts towards the Moon alignment. They have a reason for doing this, they must, but it is not without problems.

1. If getting infected changes alignment, then that right there is an immediate statement from DE: Your alignment can be changed through no choice of your own. You can arbitrarily be moved through the actions of other players. What a truly wondrous piece of game design this is. Magnifique.

2. If players wanted to maintain a specific alignment in future, well, now they're screwed. If there are players out there who wanted to try to maintain Sun alignment, well, too bad. Now you have Moon alignment points through no action of your own. If you want to change your alignment, you can make all the Sun choices you ever want, but you're never getting rid of this.

Perhaps if DE could make some kind of coherent statement on exactly what Alignment is tracking, hmmm? Is it supposed to be a Good or Evil choice? Is it to Reject the Void, Embrace the Void, or Control the Void? Is it that you like baked cheesecake vs wobbly jello cheesecake? 
          The only possible explanation for infection having an effect on it is that it measures Purity vs Corruption, which would track with some of the decisions and their consequences, but still imperfectly. 

Some kind of statement from DE would be helpful. Like, a sentence. How about acknowledging that there is in fact an alignment system in their game and that right now there appear to be some irregularities with it? That'd be a good start.

Most of all, I'd like it if DE could just once, for once, come out with some kind of feature or element of the game where the most sensible response to it is not to say "Well, that looks neat but it's bugged as hell, it doesn't actually do what DE say it's supposed to do, and engaging with it is too much of a pain in the neck, also good luck getting DE to fix it in the next ten months. I'm just going to ignore it. That's the best thing to do with that right now."

I swear to God, sometimes it's like DE themselves don't know that the hell is going on, like they have no control over their own damned patches and updates, and they're just trying to ride the tiger as long as they can, making up explanations as they go along. I no longer believe that there is a single coherent design document which all the developer team refer to, a statement of what the game is, what it's supposed to be, and how each feature is intended to reinforce the story and gameplay of their ideal game. Sheldon recently came right out and admitted that they can't do Damage 3.0 any time soon, maybe ever, because of all the mistakes in existing systems which were allowed to become entrenched and now have too much player investment. 

Look DE. You guys need a plan. Forget the Bourbon List, throw the damned thing away, and instead start with a blank document. Start the top of it, write "Warframe is a game about __________. Its story is about ___________. Its gameplay is like _______. It all happens in a setting which is ___________. Here are the core features which reinforce all of this: [Insert big long list of features and explanations here]"

I say this because based on nearly every decision you guys have made for the past year, I don't think a document like that currently exists.

2 hours ago, Cyberhazard said:

I was hoping for something less humanoid more beast like. TWW teached us that we can have a link with non humanoid creature, like golden maws from the quest. So why not a more primal warframe look ?

I don't really believe "Helminth Charger" is a thing, it seemed pretty photoshoped for a "datamined" thing, But I hope it will allow us to alter the shape of our warframe in any way.

Crap.

What if the Helminth Charger's unique trait is that it can be possessed by the operator, like the maws?

Everyone is mean to the operator, calling us demon child and other things. Even the infested on our ship named Helminth calls us a demon or a void demon. Which then it goes onto saying, 

• "We fear nothing but the Void Demon"

Would that imply that all of the infested fears us since we were exposed to the void? Unless when it says void demon it means the actual void and that it's some kind of demon? Might be too much of a stretch but still now I'm extremely curious to see what kind of entity the void might have since in the TWW and we get possessed. That kind of seemed like it was the void doing that to us. 

7 minutes ago, mustache_kitteh said:

Everyone is mean to the operator, calling us demon child and other things. Even the infested on our ship named Helminth calls us a demon or a void demon. Which then it goes onto saying, 

Would that imply that all of the infested fears us since we were exposed to the void? Unless when it says void demon it means the actual void and that it's some kind of demon? Might be too much of a stretch but still now I'm extremely curious to see what kind of entity the void might have since in the TWW and we get possessed. That kind of seemed like it was the void doing that to us. 

Sounds like a lot like the Warp  in WH40k to me.

So i heard that when an operator gets infested, he / she starts to degrade overtime.

Apparently the operator gets a bulb on it's neck, purple spots grow on the operator's face and part of the face will melt off or something. And the skin gets rotten aswell.

Anyone know if this is true? Since my alliance is mentioning these things

20 minutes ago, crimsonspartan1 said:

So i heard that when an operator gets infested, he / she starts to degrade overtime.

Apparently the operator gets a bulb on it's neck, purple spots grow on the operator's face and part of the face will melt off or something. And the skin gets rotten aswell.

Anyone know if this is true? Since my alliance is mentioning these things

The operators can't be infected, the infested fear the operators because they're made of Void energy, which the infestation can't consome nor control.

3 minutes ago, FriendlyxD1 said:

Operator can't be infected? No, not at all. Can't be infected at all.

Reveal hidden contents

W̦͓͔ͧͣͤͤe̪͔͚͙̜̻̹ͤ̄̓ ̞͖̣͔̙̈́ͨ̌͆ȧ̙̖̑ͯ͊ͧ̄r̤͖ͤ͂ͣ͒̑͒ͭe̫̖͓̩̻͐ ͈͇ͩ̈́͗ͯ̿ͩt̮͎̗͚͚͕̍ͪh͙̱͔̬͕̦ͥͬ́̽̈̄̂e͕͍̗̍ͧͫ͂ͭ ̤̤̪̔̉ͩͤ̎̚ͅv̺̹͔͛ͬ͂̂̀̃̚e͙̰̲͋s̹ͥ̊̐̅̋͌ͤŝͭ̎e͇͉͉̪͈͗ͅl̝̤̝̭̮̅̓ͬͯ ͚̺͈̻͈͈͑̽ͫ̄̚t̪̲̗͚h͍̺̝̳̮̦̅͂̚rͭ̇̓o̫̜͙̘͊̍̉͊ͭu̲͔͋ͫg̤͓̭̝̖̰͒ͧ̚h͇̲̒ ̝̮̝͎͕̞̽̋͌w̱͙̓̋͐ͧ͑̓̿h̗͇̣̼͎i͍͒̃̇ͦ̂c̤̪͔̦̹̙̦h ̞̦̬̯̼͎̤ͥ͒̈́̂̋̿i͌̅̓m͖̩͖̈̚m̺̘͇̎ͬó̮̬͗̔ͯͭ͌̾ͅr͓̣̦̊̀ͦ́̑͗ṫ̻͋ͫ̄̏͐ạ̗͎̜ͬ̐ͫ́͐̈l̮͖͙͕͕̜ͫ̂̿̈̿ͣ̊i̠t͚̭̒̈́́̑ͥy̗͕̭͓̍ͩ̉ ̳̘͉͊̑̔i͇̪̰͕͇̾̌̊͆̀s͉̹͍̱̟̣ͣ͋͂̽ ̺͚͕̏̌͗a͖̗̩̦̭͉̍̔̾c̣̱̣̟̖̭̓̂̉ͅh̃̈́ͭi̘̪͔͈̔ͫ̑ͥe̲̟͉ͦ̍̋̒̿̾ͅv͖͎̭̦͛ͤe͓͔͚̐ͦ̾̾d͉͕̠̫̥̫̥ͯͮ̓̐.̻̯̥̲̫̗͆͂͒ͫ ̥̜̻͙̈́ͧͅA̱͇̘̲̪ͥ͑ͅs̺̠̭̗̗͎͒̏ͅs͖̝̞̽̈́͗͛ͧͮͅi͕̬̙͎ͩm͕͉̥͓̣̏̇̈́̀̌̽̈i̟͍̮͉̻̠̥ͪͭ̄l̰̹ͧ͒͆ͩa̠͔̙̠̍̇̆̈̐ẗ̖̮̣̮͖̬͗e̖̳̳͊̀̽ͯ,̹̫̋̍́͗

GfKK5zv.jpg

--'

The infestation is on them, then it dissapear; does your Operator have a cyst now? Don't think so.

6 minutes ago, FriendlyxD1 said:

Operator can't be infected? No, not at all. Can't be infected at all.

What has been seen cannot be unseen 

Reveal hidden contents

W̦͓͔ͧͣͤͤe̪͔͚͙̜̻̹ͤ̄̓ ̞͖̣͔̙̈́ͨ̌͆ȧ̙̖̑ͯ͊ͧ̄r̤͖ͤ͂ͣ͒̑͒ͭe̫̖͓̩̻͐ ͈͇ͩ̈́͗ͯ̿ͩt̮͎̗͚͚͕̍ͪh͙̱͔̬͕̦ͥͬ́̽̈̄̂e͕͍̗̍ͧͫ͂ͭ ̤̤̪̔̉ͩͤ̎̚ͅv̺̹͔͛ͬ͂̂̀̃̚e͙̰̲͋s̹ͥ̊̐̅̋͌ͤŝͭ̎e͇͉͉̪͈͗ͅl̝̤̝̭̮̅̓ͬͯ ͚̺͈̻͈͈͑̽ͫ̄̚t̪̲̗͚h͍̺̝̳̮̦̅͂̚rͭ̇̓o̫̜͙̘͊̍̉͊ͭu̲͔͋ͫg̤͓̭̝̖̰͒ͧ̚h͇̲̒ ̝̮̝͎͕̞̽̋͌w̱͙̓̋͐ͧ͑̓̿h̗͇̣̼͎i͍͒̃̇ͦ̂c̤̪͔̦̹̙̦h ̞̦̬̯̼͎̤ͥ͒̈́̂̋̿i͌̅̓m͖̩͖̈̚m̺̘͇̎ͬó̮̬͗̔ͯͭ͌̾ͅr͓̣̦̊̀ͦ́̑͗ṫ̻͋ͫ̄̏͐ạ̗͎̜ͬ̐ͫ́͐̈l̮͖͙͕͕̜ͫ̂̿̈̿ͣ̊i̠t͚̭̒̈́́̑ͥy̗͕̭͓̍ͩ̉ ̳̘͉͊̑̔i͇̪̰͕͇̾̌̊͆̀s͉̹͍̱̟̣ͣ͋͂̽ ̺͚͕̏̌͗a͖̗̩̦̭͉̍̔̾c̣̱̣̟̖̭̓̂̉ͅh̃̈́ͭi̘̪͔͈̔ͫ̑ͥe̲̟͉ͦ̍̋̒̿̾ͅv͖͎̭̦͛ͤe͓͔͚̐ͦ̾̾d͉͕̠̫̥̫̥ͯͮ̓̐.̻̯̥̲̫̗͆͂͒ͫ ̥̜̻͙̈́ͧͅA̱͇̘̲̪ͥ͑ͅs̺̠̭̗̗͎͒̏ͅs͖̝̞̽̈́͗͛ͧͮͅi͕̬̙͎ͩm͕͉̥͓̣̏̇̈́̀̌̽̈i̟͍̮͉̻̠̥ͪͭ̄l̰̹ͧ͒͆ͩa̠͔̙̠̍̇̆̈̐ẗ̖̮̣̮͖̬͗e̖̳̳͊̀̽ͯ,̹̫̋̍́͗

GfKK5zv.jpg

Still better than when Nidus uses the link on us

Spoiler

FvBsIgO.jpg