Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

HEMA Final Word - No Mutagen Drop or Cost change

Ciaus

1 hour ago, DoomFruit said:

"didn't bother" != "refuse to". I'm not having anything to do with it while the price remains so ridiculously high. It's a matter of principle.

As shocking as it might be to you, majority of people just don't feel like grinding and want to get everything easily. Qualifying all of them as "It's matter of principle I'm taking a stand" simply wont work. Most of people who wanted, already got it during these 54 days which was plenty of time.

1 hour ago, DoomFruit said:

They don't consider it an issue, we do. Why should I simply drop it because they want to ignore it?

That's the thing, It's irrelevant if you will drop it or not. You are not going to accomplish anything anyway. I'm sorry if it sounds rough, but that's just reality of it.

13 minutes ago, ViS4GE said:

As shocking as it might be to you, majority of people just don't feel like grinding and want to get everything easily. Qualifying all of them as "It's matter of principle I'm taking a stand" simply wont work. Most of people who wanted, already got it during these 54 days which was plenty of time.

That's the thing, It's irrelevant if you will drop it or not. You are not going to accomplish anything anyway. I'm sorry if it sounds rough, but that's just reality of it.

So what, I just lie down and take it? No.

13 hours ago, Loswaith said:

You only need to compare it to the entire collection of mutagen costs to really see how out of scope it is.

For a ghost clan research, and building all mutagen masses to make every bio weapons, it is only a bit over 1300 samples total that is required for everything else.

I used other relative resources costs to make points that the reasons for high amount of Mutagen Samples are contradicting. Since previously, DE said that Mutagen Samples cost was based on stockpiles. If this was the case, why other potential resources with huge stockpiles such as Nano Spores doesn't increase as drastically?

8 hours ago, rudman88 said:

It has been 54 days sicne the 1st post in this forum.

you guys still around to reply, do chart and say your disatisfaction

while many tohers already begin constructing it LOL

right... few months later, DE can show the data that many players already researched it.
Just like how you can said that I am a millionaire after 50 years of working earning ~$1,700 per month...

4 hours ago, ViS4GE said:

That's called being burned out, play something else dude.

2 hours ago, DoomFruit said:

"didn't bother" != "refuse to". I'm not having anything to do with it while the price remains so ridiculously high. It's a matter of principle.

They don't consider it an issue, we do. Why should I simply drop it because they want to ignore it?

32 minutes ago, ViS4GE said:

I know how to manage my burned out. That is not an issue.
The problem is that things are not going very well for DE and the game. And that my efforts put into trying to let some people and you, see from my perspective wasteful.
You know?
I can just let the game and DE crash and burn, instead of trying to make it better.
Players can just let DE do whatever they want, just like how people should allow Trump to do whatever he wanted.
And for those players who got Hema researched, you can stop bothering with this thread, just like how people should not be bothered if they are not affected by Trump's actions.

That is the reality of life. Accept racism, injustices and unfairness.
Why bother? It is not going to accomplish anything. Just accept your fate... -_-

P.S. If anyone still doesn't get my points and still feel that are unrelated, too bad for you.
I will be harsh like what my mentor told me before, "Some people are just not educable".

6 minutes ago, Ditto132 said:

I know how to manage my burned out. That is not an issue.
The problem is that things are not going very well for DE and the game. And that my efforts put into trying to let some people and you, see from my perspective wasteful.
You know?
I can just let the game and DE crash and burn, instead of trying to make it better.
Players can just let DE do whatever they want, just like how people should allow Trump to do whatever he wanted.
And for those players who got Hema researched, you can stop bothering with this thread, just like how people should not be bothered if they are not affected by Trump's actions.

That is the reality of life. Accept racism, injustices and unfairness.
Why bother? It is not going to accomplish anything. Just accept your fate... -_-

P.S. If anyone still doesn't get my points and still feel that are unrelated, too bad for you.
I will be harsh like what my mentor told me before, "Some people are just not educable".

So you made assumption that game is not doing well based on nothing and then made some unrelated Trump/Life comparisons to reinforce it.

I used to play on many private servers of different games, where every single player had their own vision of what things should look like and saw many of them crash and burn trying to please everyone. As I always said game developer should listen to community, but should never be controlled by community. Idea of feedback is to give DE your thoughts and ideas to consider, then they make their own decision how to proceed based on hard data, experience and probably other things we both are not aware of.

Your mentor was right, I should probably stop trying. 

#IgnisWraithHype

This game has never brought u joy? Youve never had fun? You play this game because u hate it?

No...you like this game. It makes u happy to play. DE owns a product. Without revenue, they will have to shut down the server. Its not a reward....its donating to a product that brings u happiness.

Accept the fact that its goin to be harder to farm for and build new items in warframe....or quit the game.

I for one buy every prime access. Im not rich so i cant buy the accessories pack but i buy the main one. It would be the same as buying a new game every few months. So thats my contribution. I work my butt off in rl so this is my reward every few months.

If u cant buy platinum...then sell items on trade chat...thats ur contribution.

The hema is a descent rifle, but not worth all this drama. 

Edited by Renan.Ruivo

1 hour ago, (PS4)big_eviljak said:

No...you like this game. It makes u happy to play.

if being heavily encouraged to sit in same place with meta squad and boosters is supposed to be playing the game and being happy for having the chance to do so, i don't know what i was doing for almost 3 years. 

it's not even the ridiculous cost that bothers me anymore, it's the sorry excuses DE makes for not wanting to change anything about this issue. 

their first response was to just take nekros and go ODS/ODD. 'we are explicitly telling you to go farm with most popular farm frame in 2 nodes when we previously frowned upon meta parties and tactics' 

'we are honoring players who already farmed for it' never mattered for any changes before. when they removed credit cost for converting ayatans at maroo's place, they didn't care it might 'dishonor' those who already sunk lot into it. where was 'honoring' those who farmed zephyr when oxium dropped in 1-2 bundles? 

why was viver not okay, e gate not okay, draco not okay? 'it's not playing the game! you just go afk and leech xp and loot!' but sitting in derelict for one weapon somehow is fine? not funny. 

they created the problems and don't want to fix them. it's not players' fault the resource drops are ridiculous all over the place and that you stockpile them even when you are not particularly farming. 'look, they have billion nano spores! let's not make any useful constant sink for that! let's invent more resources! wait, they also managed to get that' 

what happens when we stockpile nitain? are they gonna invent something new that drops only from special alert once on a full moon? or just up the cost of nitain 100-1000 times? to force us to spend more money on trash? instead of taking a look at what people buy most and expanding on that?

The hema is a decent rifle, but not worth the high cost. 

FTFY.

Just so you're aware, the moment you decided to belittle everyone that's voicing concerns over the precedent that's being set by DE and blurt out a few stock hand-wavy "git gud" and "suck it up" statements, you pretty much invalidated your own argument.

Seriously, you're bringing very little to the discussion except hyperbole and ad hominems.

I'm also going to repeat what just everyone else here has said: This discussion is about more than just the cost of the research; it's about how DE has handled / not handled the situation and the precedent set by all this. It's not that difficult to grasp.

On ‎1‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 1:33 AM, Xzorn said:

I've not seen one middle ground person who was like "Yea, it sucked but I went out and farmed the 5k mutagen anyways."

....So who are these people who farmed like crazy and "earned it"?

Hi. We did this, and I now feel like I have the right to say-- this is excessive and needs to be reviewed.

12 hours ago, ViS4GE said:

Why do you keep it up then?

I mean, I sometimes post in nerf threads because I'm afraid that those nerfs will be implemented.

If you are sure that the Hema cost will stay as it is, and you are fine with it, why do you keep trying to explain to people who don't agree with you that 77 times increase in resource requirements and a PR disaster that followed is fine?

9 hours ago, (PS4)big_eviljak said:

How nice of you.

Now, if you didn't get what's the drama is about, but still have enough interest to post, maybe you should go and reread the opening post?

Edited by Renan.Ruivo

9 hours ago, (PS4)big_eviljak said:

This game has never brought u joy? Youve never had fun? You play this game because atu he it?

No...you like this game. It makes u happy to play. DE owns a product. Without revenue, they will have to shut down the server. Its not a reward....its donating to a product that brings u happiness.

Accept the fact that its goin to be harder to farm for and build new items in warframe....or quit the game.

I for one buy every prime access. Im not rich so i cant buy the accessories pack but i buy the main one. It would be the same as buying a new game every few months. So thats my contribution. I work my butt off in rl so this is my reward every few months.

If u cant buy platinum...then sell items on trade chat...thats ur contribution.

Okay.  Uhm. I've dropped hundreds of dollars on this game.  Last I bothered to total was $500 in 3 years.  And, my clan pulled together and got the research started about a week after release.  So, I feel I can respond to this.

Even though I feel the Hema research costs is DE's attempt to make clans more active and I think it's a stretch goal and all that, it's not a decent weapon.  Visually disgusting the way you reload it and it's just...lackluster.  I got it to 30 and deleted it.

Research costs for such a sub par weapon for the half capacity and solo clans is unreasonable.  Period.  Even as a stretch goal item, it's unreasonable.  Adjust it so it's only 250 per player and make a new clan tier for duo membership.

Edited by Renan.Ruivo

15 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

Okay.  Uhm. I've dropped hundreds of dollars on this game.  Last I bothered to total was $500 in 3 years.  And, my clan pulled together and got the research started about a week after release.  So, I feel I can respond to this.

Even though I feel the Hema research costs is DE's attempt to make clans more active and I think it's a stretch goal and all that, it's not a decent weapon.  Visually disgusting the way you reload it and it's just...lackluster.  I got it to 30 and deleted it.

Research costs for such a sub par weapon for the half capacity and solo clans is unreasonable.  Period.  Even as a stretch goal item, it's unreasonable.  Adjust it so it's only 250 per player and make a new clan tier for duo membership.

I gabe you a plus one. I agree, bringing the cost down isn't unreasonable... What's unreasonable is all crying and whining. 

DE said they arent goin to lower the cost. So complaining isnt goin to fix anything. Farm for the samples, join a ghost clan, or pay the plat. Problem solved.

Just now, (PS4)big_eviljak said:

I gabe you a plus one. I agree, bringing the cost down isn't unreasonable... What's unreasonable is all crying and whining. 

DE said they arent goin to lower the cost. So complaining isnt goin to fix anything. Farm for the samples, join a ghost clan, or pay the plat. Problem solved.

DE has a track record of changing their minds.  Tellerium, Oxium, Warframe drop locations, Arcanes tied to cosmetics, etc.

What you see as "whining and complaining' is also known as feedback. A lot of people in this thread are being respectful and providing valid and constructive reasons on why the build costs should be changed. 

Disagree.

"Complaining" has fixed many things, both in Warframe and in the wider world.

This thread is partly an attempt to convince DE to come back to the table and revisit this series of unfortunate decisions. If we can do it politely, like mature people who recognize the necessity of acknowledging stuff we don't like from time to time, then everyone can win here.

If DE continue to refuse further participation in this discussion, it will be bad for them. For my part, I'd just like for them to recognize that and stop doing things that lead to negative consequences for everybody.

Even failing every other option, we still have the capability to make them so thoroughly sick of this mess and of hearing about it that they don't want to do anything like this for a long time (hopefully ever). This is still a bad outcome, because there's a lot of needless bad feeling all around, but it's still preferable to what will happen if we don't attempt to steer them off this course.

8 minutes ago, notlamprey said:

Disagree.

This thread is partly an attempt to convince DE to come back to the table and revisit this series of unfortunate decisions. If we can do it politely, like mature people who recognize the necessity of acknowledging stuff we don't like from time to time, then everyone can win here.

If DE continue to refuse further participation in this discussion, it will be bad for them. For my part, I'd just like for them to recognize that and stop doing things that lead to negative consequences for everybody.

Even failing every other option, we still have the capability to make them so thoroughly sick of this mess and of hearing about it that they don't want to do anything like this for a long time (hopefully ever). This is still a bad outcome, because there's a lot of needless bad feeling all around, but it's still preferable to what will happen if we don't attempt to steer them off this course.

We should swallow it and the next one too that comes our way, i know they said that they will not make another mistake like this one but oops '10.000 orokin cell cost riffle research next'. So be a good slave and bow your head as the crowd says :D

33 minutes ago, notlamprey said:

Disagree.

Complaining has also broken things like mag primes polarization. Theres two side to the coin. Is this thread constructive or destructive?

18 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

No it hasn't.  My Polarize is just fine.

How dare you go against his justification this is blasphemy!!

21 minutes ago, (PS4)big_eviljak said:

Complaining has also broken things like mag primes polarization. Theres two side to the coin. Is this thread constructive or destructive?

DE is 100% constructive to their game? Mag was destroyed so they aren't that constructive?  Isn't this thread about how destructive hema is? Did I forget the fact that DE is always the one who implement things not players who complained? 

Edited by Volinus7