Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming Soon: Devstream #85!

[DE]Rebecca

20 minutes ago, The-Tective said:

Did you ever thought about an enemy who can see invisible players and attack them (he/she should have reduced accuracy while you are invisible)?

So far casting invisibility is like entering a safe zone without thinking about any consequences. Btw that comes from a Loki fan.

Don't Hyekka Master do that?

Yey! Can I ask something? Did you scrap the idea of making sprinting as default speed instead of having to hold/toggle a key? You talked about it a lot of time ago and then never more

Edited by Drufo

Hi dear DE! 
These are the questions that I'm interested: 
-When Will be, and whether it will visual upgrade the old Prime WARFRAMES (Excalibur, Frost, Meg, Rhino).
-Will the ability to add in Tenno Gen not only sandan, but also armor? 
-Perhaps If you someday add a Prime WARFRAMES, without its regular version, like the Dakra Prime? 
-Will the Prime version: Dread, Despair, Hate?
-Will we see Ballas, and whether it is possible that it was he who creates Prime warframes? (That does not contradict Warframe stories)

34 minutes ago, Ninjadeath721 said:

Common enemy??? HAHAHAHAHAH now there's a good joke

For clarity:

• I meant an enemy that can see an invisible frame and not dispel invisibility
  • The occurence of that particular enemy should be common in mid/high level

I hope it's clear now.

Since The War Within came out, we got Rivens in Sorties, the introduction of the Void / Lua & the Kuva Fortress in sorties. Kuva farming w/ the nodes appearing on the planets near the Kuva Fortress. It's great ! But, we have no reason to go back to the Kuva Fortress, there's no unique rewards like the drift mods on Lua / Sentients / Pavlov (Moon Spy) w/ Acolyte mods rewards. Even with the new gamemode, Assault, it's a great gamemode, but again, the rewards of this mission aren't worth the time you spend in it. It's sad because the tilesets & music are awesome ! Why can't we farm Kuva in there ? I mean, it's called the KUVA Fortress. It's an awesome place, but we have no reason to go back there ! So do you have any plans w/ the Kuva Fortress ?

And what do you think of Nightmare Sorties ?

Edited by Hikaru-san

Hello DE, I'd like to bring up your recent Ash rework some more. I again thank you for having a look at him for updating, but must say that I am hoping this is just a first draft, because I and many others would much prefer that you go with the original motivation of ditching the non-interactive cutscenes of Ash's Blade Storm, https://mobile.twitter.com/sj_sinclair/status/653910748817719296

But instead of just letting Ash's clones do all the work, I'd prefer that you give him a sort of Exalted and Hysteria state(Speeding him up, increasing his agility, dashing/blinking and damage), using his arm blades, and simply have him accompanied by his normal two clones during this possibly. Would ideally be less "OP" than the "World on Ash" idea you talked about prototyping in a prior stream. And something as kinetic as this would make Ash still retain the stylish flair of the cinematic Bladestorm cutscenes, while actually being playable.

Obviously not exactly the same, but a similar concept would be amazing.

Next, can you make the reload button usable in melee stance mode as a supplementary melee button? It serves no use currently while in a stance, would be nice if we could use it. On top of that, touching up the melee hit connections would also be welcome. Right now it kind of feels like slashing at teflon, with the way your weapons can often times slide to the side of a target, making your body inadvertently come into contact with the enemy and their attack instead, even with a Primed Reach, which is especially a hindrance for certain abilities like Smoke Screen, where the damage increase is nullified whenever this happens. Speaking of Smokescreen, the QoL mobility changes to Smoke Screen are very much appreciated, but it would be good if it actually lasted longer than it does and ash movement speed was slightly sped up while in it, becoming lighter from becoming vapor. It seems odd that not only does Ash already run slower than Loki, a character with defensive CC, Ash's Smokescreen is also shorter(The shortest of its kind in the game), so he gets little trade off for this ability. Perhaps it can still be slightly shorter than Loki's but I think some CC to the ability would make a good compensation for that. Perhaps the enemies that are staggered by Smokescreen can be afflicted with the confusion status, causing them to shoot at each other, or possibly some other status, perhaps similar to the suffocation effect you suffer in survival when air supply runs out. Smoke cloud around their head can indicate whether they are effected.

Next, the Teleport change for Ash, does not go far enough, and is barely what I would call a new thing, since Ash could already teleport to things with lifebars in the early days. Lets not maintain restricting the ninja's movement, he would be better with a more free range teleport that you can use without a target. Targeting can be reserved for enemies and targets that are too far away for a default teleport. In a world of Slash Dash, Wormwhole, blazing Chakram teleport, Razor Wing, Volt's Speed, Tailwind,Loki's Decoy& Switch teleport combo, Valkyr rip line or Ivara's mentioned upcoming navigator augment... I don't see why the resident ninja, should be so inhibited. Let the ninja, ninja around

Lets move on to Shurikens, they are right solid for low level, but a change/improvement would be preferred, for later game, beyond being obligated to use an augment. Things like a buff in number, damage stats, adding some CC to them, synergy with other abilities(Perhaps using it with Smoke Screen can turn Shurikens into smoke bombs that add ragdolling and also cause confusion/suffocation effect), or maybe even let specific weapon mods add effects to them. These would be some interesting ideas to play around with anyway, as well as adding more dynamic and scale-ability to his kit. Perhaps even shuriken can increase the amount of shurkens thrown by way of appearing clones with each stack, nothing crazy like 100 clones or anything, something reasonable. The base should still at least throw 2 at a time though.

Next, on to Hema. I just finished the research for that weapon, in my presently solo clan, and I must state that I would very much desire that the mutagen sample cost be lowered for everyone else who does not yet have it, or for sample drops to be increased. The Hema research cost is unreasonable at 10x the amount of mutagen samples than every other Bio research combined,  and it sets another bad potential trend and wall for future research. Some clans have even started such toxic activities as selling membership for research because of this weapon cost.

Edited by UrielColtan

is there a chance to upgrade a bought founder package? i.e to get lato and skana pime

Is there the possibility of an infested kubrow (maybe only skin) to replace the infested charger we have right now

keep up the good work

since we got universal vacuum i want to know can we get universal attack precept for sentinel ?

since all attack precept on all sentinel is just attacking everything on sight and only shade have a precept to attack only when you get attacked. 

and when attack on sight (except helios) it will break your stealth which is a bit annoying

17 hours ago, Xekrin said:
  • Sentinel Survivability still needs looked at, when can we expect to see some changes to their stats.
  • When will melee charge attacks get 'fixed', primarily the removal of the pre-swing before charging.

About the melee charge fix. I'm sorry how do you imagine DE fixing that 'issue' ? It's not a bug or glitch it's a design choice between 3 alternatives.

The issue lies behind how algorithm determines that you are pressing / spamming a button and when it's being held. 
Both commands (instant melee and charge melee) have equal beginning - it starts with melee button being pressed. In order for algorithm to know which is pressed or which is held it must know when you release the key - if algorithm doesn't receive a release signal in 'x' amount of milliseconds it counts as a HOLD key. If it does receive a signal it counts as PRESS key.
So the issue is - at the very beginning of key press you have no idea whether the player intends to press it or hold it. In order for anything to work the algorithm must assume default position and check for alternative_condition. 

1. Default position = charge attack. This is a solution that nobody wants - you will charge your melee instantly, but your melee attack will happen NOT at the moment you press the button BUT at the moment it is being released, interrupting the charge attack, (so you will always see charge attack bar when you melee and your melee will be delayed). Another issue - your button release condition must be shorter than the charge attack for the regular melee attack to even work. This one's pretty obvious. If the charge is faster than you can release the button for quick melee then you will always use charge and never will execute melee combos. Dynamically making release condition lower would solve this but then you must be pretty quick tapper to not hold key too long by accident. 

2.  Default position = melee attack. As it currently is. You instantly melee with no delay what so ever, but alternative_condition kicks in later and algorithm sees that you haven't released the key and it assumes that you are holding the key and want to charge attack.

So the choice is - Between delayed Melee attacks with Instant charge OR Instant melee attacks with delayed charge.... OR separate key bindings. I would rather not have that because my key bindings are already so cluttered that i have resorted to using TAB as my special attack and it's not really comfortable. My current keybindings are "Q - Weapon swap ; E - melee ; R - reload ; G - mark ; F - melee swap ; C - Gear wheel ; X - as is ; MB1  - Primary attack ; MB2 - Aim ; MWheelDown - Dodge" 

I would just ask:

How are you going to justify Nidus?

Because as an insfested Warframe would that make the Tenno responsible for spreading the infestation across the Origin System? More than the problem that the Infested are right now? Or Nidus habilities just replicate the infestation mechanically? And all his "BLEH's" that he throws are just tumors programmed to self destroy.

It worries me because is a Warframe and he can go everywhere: junctions, dojos, relays, all the planets and moons, the transference room, colonies like the Myconians and he's already spreading space herpes to other Warframes in PC.

Maybe I'm overthinking this (it's just a game), but thank you anyway.

PS: Will Teplo Syandana come into consoles?:clem:

Are there additional missions being implemented like "infested salvage" that are based on mechanics only found in raids?

Since it would be a good way to introduce people to the mechanics so they aren't in the raid for the first time, encountering these mechanics for the first time when the other players already expect them to know what they are doing.

Archwing could get a "spore transport" mission and a "destory the nerves mission" inside a giant infested creature that has maybe eaten the building you are in.

"Maybe a Grineer bomb carry mission and the security pads could be a grineer "vault" mission or a variation of rescue. Could be two separate missions or could be combine into 1 longer mission. e.g. bomb carry to blow the door to the security pads or "vault" defences, then use the pads to open the "vault" to get, say, an artefact that the Grineer have stolen or have the pads open a prison door to rescue a high ranking syndicate member that has been captured."

From: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/744626-should-there-be-an-in-game-tutorial-for-lor/?do=findComment&comment=8252736

14 minutes ago, WingsOfGryphin said:

About the melee charge fix. I'm sorry how do you imagine DE fixing that 'issue' ? It's not a bug or glitch it's a design choice between 3 alternatives.

• We have tap/hold mechanic in abilities, same concept.  At least is how it appears to me.
  • We had a perfectly fine no pre-swing charge a while back, don't know which update 'introduced' this pre-swing but it is fairly recent.  I clearly recall using Redeemer just fine with no pre-swing involved.
  • Whether it is hard to fix, easy to fix, impossible to fix, that's not really my reasoning for asking, I want an answer from DE.  Every devstream they answer questions with obvious answers "when's next tennogen?" Soon!  "when's umbra??!" Soon!  But actual design flaws/mechanics questions that are consistently ignored on forums are also ignore on devstreams.
  • If DE has no solution, it shouldn't be so difficult to say so on the stream  Regardless of the solution, many players find it detrimental to their playstyle, myself included, and that is what the devstream is for.  To answer questions.
  • How they fix it isn't my problem, they have coders for that, I couldn't care less about algorithms if I tried.
Edited by Xekrin

Hema cost megatread almost hit 3.6k posts mark. All we got for now in official response was statement "each Clan member would need to contribute 500 samples" and " running a few Orokin Derelict Defense missions". It is already many times discussed in that tread. In the case of ad "discussion does not carry any constructive" and closing the topic, I dare to formulate a few questions. In the stream was the assertion that "we can not reduce demand, because it would be unfair for those who have already invested worth tens and hundreds of hours of effort into research resources completion." Though this was done with one of the key persons in the company, but not officially.

Let us assume that I take maximally seriously given arguments. Some fans repeatedly use those "500" as a very strong argument, as if these words were howling carved on tablets from mount Sinai. All information about profile of each user or clan are stored on the database company servers. In the past, we have seen a demonstration of statistics on the most popular game modes, nodes, and the most used weapon or warframes.

It would be interesting and informative to see the following:

1) how many clans have completed Hema research, in absolute and as a percentage of the total number of individual size;

2) average filling clans by size, percentage of active / semi-active members (let say, at least 1 login in past 60 days);

3) what percentage of the active / semi-active players at the time of release Hema were stocks 1k/2.5k/5k/10k+ Mutagen Samples.

If we bring here an argument "26 million registered losers users", I already know the answer. How to decipher the phrase "few ODD", there are already examples in that topic.

About clans cooperation and long-time goal. Ok. Let us forget that force players to spend hours is interesting to nobody missions that bad by itself. Why then weapon sells for platinum in the store? Why do not we all in the same boat? Why, if it is a unique weapon, and this explains the crazy demands on resources, blueprint from the beginning not in the shop? It is in any case would have caused outrage, but spend 500 samples from stockpiled, take the time to obtain them or just buy a gun - is a personal matter of each player. Or move a large part of the resources required from research to manufacture. For example, 100 samples for each member of clans in the lab and another 400 at crafting.

For over a week the company does not give an official response to complaints of players. The damage already inflicted and ignore the situation is counterproductive. I'm not sure I could see stream online, but I would like to see at least some of the questions, and even better - the responses to them.