Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming Soon: Devstream #85!

[DE]Rebecca

Currently new players have to get to Jupiter(6 planets in) before they can get Neural Sensors which all Warframes need to build iirc.  Any plans to add Neural Sensors to one of the junctions so new players can switch it up sooner?

With the Vacuum Within patch you gave all other sentinels greater functionality, and I myself am using Helios nowadays to help me scan stuff.

My question is regarding pets; Kubrows and Kavats as well as our newest companion. But this is not regarding Vacuum for pets, but rather the pet-care function that adds very little enjoyability for the credits we need to spend. Are there any plans for removing/altering the DNA degredation and the thawing/unthawing process and have the pets function more like the sentinels? The interaction (petting and belly rubbing) I can live with since it doesn't cost anything but a few seconds of your time making the pet happy again.

However the DNA thing is a growing debuff that can kill your pet in worst case (correct me if I'm wrong), and having to keep that in mind is a small burden that I believe many could do without. It's almost like sitting on the bus on the way to work and thinking "did I lock the door?" or better yet "did I feed the dog?". Well, maybe not that bad, but you get the point.

A suggestion would be to remove the DNA degredation and instead put "treats" on the market for credits that buff your pet for 12-24 hours or so, giving them for example a 20% increase in stats or the like. That way people can chose to buff their pets for credits instead of having to spend credits to keep them "efficient" or even alive for that matter. Turn the negative credit sink into something positive! I'd gladly fork out a few million credits or a bunch of plat for an upgraded segment if it were to remove the DNA degredation and finicky thawing processes.

Personally, I would love to use my Kavats more, but the DNA thing is sadly a thorn in my side that keeps my pets almost permanently in stasis. My Charger will join them as soon as she is lvl 30, simply because the pet-handling and thawing/unthawing process feels so unrewarding in a "money down a hole" kind of way. Especially as a casual player who only plays a few missions every day.

Thanks for your time and have a happy new year!

Edited by Larsurus
Grammar

• The Index: please, tell me that you scrapped an idea of the Index being an actual event like it was meant to be: with leaderboards and rewards.

Note that this is a Preview of The Index. Greater rewards, Clan Trophies and Leaderboards will come later when the full variant of The Index goes live

It's not that I don't like the mode, but it would be way too sad to see it for the 3rd time to be an actual event this time and I don't see how it would encourage people to play it once again. Is there going to be another event instead?

• Eris, Ceres, Earth overhaul and weather: what are the chances of implementing dynamic weather (example, on Earth: you're walking in the fog and then it's heavy-raining) and Day-Night cycles in WF -- is it possible at all? Also, can we expect the Corpus Crewmen actually doing something (like the new Grineer workers) on the tilesets instead of patrolling with their guns and once the alarm is set-off they will arm themselves?
  • What are the major things that will be looked at in 2017? Besides Umbra, VIP Assassinations and Damage 3.0 parts. Maybe it's time to make tilesets more immersive? More weather effects, cycles (Dawn - Day - Evening - Dusk - Night etc.), neutral-to-hostile faction NPCs, non-Infested Eris Lab-ships and Europa's «before crash» ships as the Corpus ship tileset and Nightwatch Troops appearing in Kuva Fortress if you set-off the alarm (or appearing at higher levels past certain time/mark)?
  • Melee stances: Is there any chance we could get Conclave stances working in PvE? Specifically, the one for Machete is much better than its PvE counterpart, because even with re-used assets it's much more mobile and well-looking. Or is there going to be another PvE Machete stance after all?
  • Orokin Derelict: Can you please fix the Grineer Scorches in there and make OD region open the way the current Void works?
  • Pets and Sentinels: lil' Hyena with machine guns on, when? :satisfied:  As for Sentinels, can we expect an overhaul regarding their stats and weapons? Rivens help Sweeper and Vulklok, but definitely don't help the others: 200% or 400% damage or crit-% is nothing if the base values are low.
  • Tennobaum: it was awesome, but can we please get an option to disable forced auto-Inbox checks? For example, there's a gift I'm keeping to open when I need it, but it drives me crazy that after every mission I complete I'm forced to check my Inbox messages. Every mission :sad: 
Edited by Thundervision
gotta crush all the typos

5 hours ago, The-Tective said:

For clarity:

• I meant an enemy that can see an invisible frame and not dispel invisibility
  • The occurence of that particular enemy should be common in mid/high level

I hope it's clear now.

yeah it's much clearer now 

5 hours ago, The-Tective said:
5 hours ago, Ninjadeath721 said:

latest?cb=20151204180347

Common enemy :P

saying "common enemy" with an image of stalker above it really confused me

anyway I think an enemy that's able to see us even when we are invisible would be really cool would it be something like predators thermal vision?

2011-08-23_00006.jpg

I had forgotten how much I missed this game. Specifically the fact that Devs seem to listen to what we want, just have to be a little patient with the implementation. Not all of us are geniuses who can code programs quickly people. *cough* Space AIDS™ *cough*

19 hours ago, Ninjadeath721 said:

syndicates-idk

baro-cause we always think that he's going to have something good

And how does getting "something good" help us maintain balance if it means others get their hands on Prime equipment ? Sure, we still gain a bit, but I'm sure the others who buy from him gain more. Taking Baro out would be better for the overall power balance than actually providing him with thousands of Prime parts in return for a few minor upgrades. He claims to be a collector, but after getting so many hundreds of duplicates, surely he's doing more than just collecting. It'll be easy for people to reverse-engineer tech if they have a few hundred working examples to take apart.

From a Lore perspective, that is. Sure, we enjoy getting Primed mods. But it makes no sense, lorewise. I'm specifically asking for a Lore reason we do this.
As it stands, Baro probably is the single largest threat to balance in the system.

The Syndicates are in a similar situation, to a much lesser extent. Sure, we tip the balance by doing missions for them. But it's controllable. Once we decide they got too much influence, we can just stop doing missions for them and help others instead. Keeping things balanced. But providing them with means to do it themselves instead of having them rely on us is what again will distort the balance. Not that they're going to be able to do much with a frame's Neuroptics part, other than try to find a way to counter our vision should we ever find ourselves on opposing sides of the battlefield... At least they can't really use it against anyone else. But Prime weapons, they can use against everyone.

Sure, trust and all that. Has to go both ways, you say. We trust them with better weapons and they trust us with their tech... Except, we are already helping their cause by doing missions for them. We are already trusting them that the missions they send us on are "for a good cause" and won't have negative consequences to the innocent people in the system. We trust them that the hostage we're rescuing deserves to be rescued. We don't even question their motivations on,ce we have decided to help them. Yet that's still not enough trust ? I'm not really buying it, sorry.
They need to flesh out the lore more for it to make sense. And that's exactly what I'm asking for. A Lore reason why we do the things we do anyway.

Since not doing it means skipping a large portion of the game. It's there, thus we play it.
I'm not asking for fully detailed conversation trees and whatnot with every NPC. Maybe in ten years they'll get around to that. It doesn't have to be a priority. But a little "Sure, you can do that for them" from the Lotus in the meantime would put me more at ease to be doing this. And that shouldn't be too much work to add, I think.

Healing Return is a 16-Drain Rare mod (making it extremely expensive to max out) which is handily outperformed by a 4-Drain Life Strike on a lot of weapons. This is not to say that Life Strike is unbalanced, merely that Healing Return is not good enough for what it does.

Are there any plans to increase the heal rate to make it a viable alternative on status weapons? Its sustained heal rate isn't enough to deal with high-level enemies and low-level enemies usually die too fast to take advantage of the healing effect it gives.

1 hour ago, Ninjadeath721 said:

yeah it's much clearer now 

saying "common enemy" with an image of stalker above it really confused me

anyway I think an enemy that's able to see us even when we are invisible would be really cool would it be something like predators thermal vision?

2011-08-23_00006.jpg

That's exactly what i had in mind.

Is there likely to be a remodel on older prime frames such as mag and frost ? The main differences with these primes are the helmets and a subtle skin, whereas the newer primes like nekros and vauban look completely different, it would be really nice if there was more of a difference to make them stand out like the others.

Edited by vipran

2 hours ago, (PS4)TexasTwurkT3am said:

Any clue on which 10 Tennogen items we're getting on consoles? At least the confirmed ones if nothing else

they name a few that we are getting when we get the Glast Gambit update on PS4@4. we will be getting the Excal Sentient Slayer Skin/Helm, Mag Orbit Skin/Helm, Volt Arrester Helm, Volt Amp Skin/Helm. Pretty meh to me, but it's something for now.

we will get these ones with the Glast Gambit and then the others at the next update

Edited by (PS4)Elctrcstel

@[DE]Rebecca My what lovely penmanship you have! ;-)

Besides the current hot button topics of The Cyst, Umbra and the Hema, I would love to be able to purchase more Loadouts please!

I'm maxed out and that's not even close to enough. And with more Warframes coming out it's just going to get worse.

5 would be a good start, 10 would be much better.

I get that there are all the apparent issues with saved data and such but hey that's what the Plat is for, right?! ;-)

Please?! (please please please)

Comparatively, there are so many wonderful Frames and Weapons and yet so few Loadout slots to save them in. </3

Thank you!
~R~

Hi, I have one question.

Will you vault prime junk? I mean Braton Prime, Burston Prime, Paris Prime, Lex Prime, Orthos Prime, Fang Prime and Akbronco + Bronco Prime. These weapons are here so long.... Could you release new weapons aside Prime Access?

Thank you.