Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming Soon: Devstream #85!

[DE]Rebecca

I love the idea of the Helminth Charger however when a Grineer looking charger popped up out of my hatchery I was disappointed. We used 0 Grineer genetics to hatch the thing from a Kubrow Egg and a Cyst on the neck of a Warframe so it seems nonsensical that it looks the way it looks. Can we get a NEW model for it? Something that will look like an actual Infested Kubrow? And are there any plans for making a corrupted Kavat as well? 

There are a lot of things i look forward to in warfame. More Dojo content, delux skins, who the next prime is (i bet it's banshee), the giant arm weapons my mind tells me i saw but have heard nothing about since their initial reveal, how Umbra frames will be implemented and what they are, and the hope that with the reskin of the Kavat into the grineer variant we will get the other variants too; The feral versions. I'm also currious to know if the Corpus will get something organic as pets, or if they will stick to mechanical things. there is also the curiosity of what sort of pet we would get from the  corpus. grineer have lizard-cats and bat-dogs, the infested have graced us with a charger, and the sentinels seem to be their own thing. But what will the tenno jack from the corpus? Ospries? Moas? or perhaps even a new prototype zanuka moddle?

But if there is a single thing i would like to know more about; it's the Stalker. In the second dream quest we learned a little more about the stalker and he even seemed to change a little. at the end it seemed like he was starting to question just what he was. Hunhow said something and it seemed to put the stalker off, made him hesitate for a moment. yet gameplay wise the stalker hasn't changed. All that changed was his drops and his looks. Also curious about the Stalker is his abilities, he has the abilities of several warframes, as well as the ability to cancel other warframe abilities. He Looks like a warframe, but seems to not be a tenno. Was he like Tenshin or was he an orokin? was he a tenno that didn't turn on his masters? More information on this Terrifying assassin would be wonderful to see in the future.

I'd like to see more of the passives in each weapon for this year.... and i cant wait for the bard frame

Ii assume the next quest is going to be completely unfolding helmnith? or maybe that other door

or at least making the cysts play a bigger part or sooner making them disappear because its like a brutal game of tag.... and people are mad.... 

i want to see a couple more stances that are heavily, almost completely inspired by real-life martial arts(sparring, swords, staves) 

Annnnd i hope that really early concept of the orbiter docking somewhere... will be brought back eventually?

thats about it ha.. I hope we have a good 2017 for warframe!

Will the Corpus ship be getting a rework like the Grineer Galleon any time soon? It is possible that it can get un-Infested and undestroyed versions of the Eris and Europa tiles?

Those tiles variously have a bridge, a weapons bay, a 10-level prison ward, a transport bay... all really cool things a ship should have. It would be really awesome to see those tiles on the regular Corpus ships.

Playing on the Mycona map during Glast Gambit demonstrated just how much better the Corpus ships would feel with those tiles.

Edited by Arktourus

DE, let these guys tell you:

Addendum:

Yes, I know Warframe gets most of it right, or at least historically has got it right. I won't have been a player for so long if they weren't.

My perception is that they struggle to get more revenue because people prefer don't enjoy to pay... people instead enjoy to... you know, play the game!

This means that people prefer to farm the stuff... so, it appears that DE trying to make the farming worst so they prefer to pay. If that is correct, they are going at it wrong. They should make paying more interesting instead of farming less interesting.

Edited by theraot

Hey DE, great job on making warframe great again™, however, i do have some questions:

Any news on the in-liset lobby, a way to see other players on your liset?

Is it possible for the old dioramas where you could see your squad in their customization?

On one stream DE said about custom missions for clans and alliances, do we have a ETA for that?  As part of a alliance who put on events regularly this would be a great help in putting them on and making sure everyone in the alliance knows a event is on going as soon as they look at their star chart

Spoiler

PS_Messages_20170102_054030_zps9hsshg30.PS_Messages_20170102_054028_zpsmhcesmtt.PS_Messages_20170102_054025_zpsakqyq9fv.i6Qhyv_zpslkjjgjn6.jpg

Been trying to get a official answer from this question for the last 3 months.  I'm pretty sure I know the answer but if a official answer is giving on a devstream, it would help a lot.  As you are well aware, as console can't get plat discounts like PC, we get market place coupons in its place.  Selling market place discounts have become currently the biggest scam on console right now(at least ps4).  I'm wondering what DE official stance is on selling discounts as if you spend a minute in trade tab you will see at least one person selling one. 

DE said one time about being able to board other people in your squads ships.  Any idea if that is coming soon?  My ship is pretty plane(I should be ashamed) but I got some friends with some crazy stuff done.  Would love to be able to see that first hand instead of looking at screen shots

As arcanes are currently tied to helmets and syandanas, can we get a option to set a appearance config automatically with a build config.  As in if config A and B on my frame uses your arcane grace syandana but your config C uses Arcane Energize syandana.  You could set up Arcane Energize as config B in your appearance and anytime you equip Config C on your frame it automatically switches to config B in your appearance.  This would also give us more option for fashion frame as I could have each build colour different. 

With Frost return the same time as Ember, is this the sign of a second unvaulting rotation?  As in, next unvaulting there will be 2 accesses as well?

With the idea for dark sectors return, will you be returning to the old Dark Sector nodes, 2 on each planet, or will you be going with a smaller node system and making it more competitive?

A long time ago DE Steve (calling you out :) ) said that DE will be improving the spawn locations of Focus Boosters.  We all know the pain of doing a survival where its too early to group together and the focus booster spawns all the way on the other side of the map where person 3 is hanging out.  Doing a spy and your at C when the booster spawns on the person at A.  Can we get our own Focus Booster locations instead of one for the team?

First of, as someone could used to run the long missions, I love the fact that you now have endless back, yes we don't get a boat load of rewards for one key, but the rewards themselves is still there.  Thank you, would you guys ever consider a Auto pick feature though?  So before I loaded into a mission, I could pick a couple of relics that would be automatically picked for me.  As trying to decide which relic to take is a bit of a pain when you have so many relics and only got 15 seconds to do so.

Also would you guys ever consider picking all the rewards after the mission was over.  As in after you extract, you exit the mission results screen, then get a list of rewards you would have normally have to pick from.  Scroll down the list, picking 1 per row.  At the bottom there would be a accept and exit, and you get a second confirmation to accept once you click it.  Are you sure you wish to continue with this rewards?  Yes/select again.

Reason behind both of these suggestion is the current system, it kills the momentum.  That corpus crewman just sits there, tapping his strun against is his, "You done yet?" as he waits for us to pick our reward and next relic.

Spoiler

Communities_20170106_034118_zpstdoovuqw.

As someone who current warframe activity is, clan/alliance stuff, syndicate missions, sorties, raids, then syndicate missions and sortie on my PC account, is there any plans for a nightmare JV?  A corpus raid?  A system where doing the Nightmare Version of the Raid, will also give you the regular reward if you haven't done the normal version (totally stolen idea)?

Any idea on when the next selection of Tennogen is coming to console and which ones will be included in it?  #FashionFrameForLife

Is there any plans in the works to make items stackable in trades?  As of right now, if I want to give someone 10P I can do that in 1 trade, however if I want to give someone 10 Arcane Victorys, that's 2 trade.  As a trader (I enjoy trading), not being able to stack the same items just eats up trades, being able to stack items would cut down this problem.

Is there plans to add the Injector blueprint for the JV raid outside the raid itself?  We can farm injector fragments now with the new infested salvage but we still need to do the raid to get the injector bp added to the lab in the dojo to build it.  I do JV every night on my PS4 account, but there is no one in my PC account clan who do raids.  Being able to get the BP outside of the raid, would allow me, and I'm sure many others, to get the injector and be able to do the JV raid as most groups require a injector.

So relic names are based on the rare drop in the relic, at least that's how it works from me looking at it.  Axi E1 Ember Blueprint was the rare drop, Meso F2, Frost Blueprint was the rare down.  In each era though, there is 2 relics which names are reverses, Axi A1 - NIkana BP Axi N1 - Ash Systems, Neo N2 - Vauban System Neo V1 - Nova Chassis.  Meso V2 and N2 and Lith V1 and F2.  Is this a oversight or am I just wrong on how the system works?  Switching the names on those relics would make every relic work within that system

Can we get a New feature added to the market?  As someone who is just at that point in the game where you buy everything that isn't farmable, the market set up is kinda annoying to find the new limited item stuff.  Yes some stuff show up on featured, but not all.  Can we get a option added to show anything added in the last 2 weeks or something that shows the entire market so I can click, hide owned and see what is there?  

Can you guys please for god sake do something about the infested charger as your pet. I don't mind having a infested pet. But, a mutilated grineer with deformed skin and personality of a Kubrow. It's too much. *At least make it where the cyst you get will come from Nidus only. *Then you can take the cyst and add it into the DNA of your Kubrow or Kavat. *Each class of Infested Kubrow or Kavat will have one new infested ability. Try to keep the appearance of the Infested Kubrow or Kavat in a  style and control like Nidus. 

My question is: Is the Infested Charger just temporary for something better with a more creative look to it? Please say yes.

2nd Question: Are you guys going to change to look for "The Sergeant"  on Phobos?

3rd Question: Will there be any rework on some of the stance mods like Polearms, Fist, Daggers, and Whips?

4th Question: Will Banshee be the next Prime? If so, will there finally be a Prime Ak secondary?

I started playing Warframe last a year (it will be one year anniversary in February) and I've seen the game change so much that I just wanto to leave this here for 2017... Grinding and RNG are hurting Warframe.

We are all acostumed to a degree of effort in every videogame, that's why we find it rewarding to play them. However, Warframe is getting to the point where EVERYTHING that is implemented has BOTH grind and rng as mandatory requirement. And this as consequences... I am one of three videogame players in my family and only I still play Warframe because the other two members got tired of the "grind and lotery reward system" - they now play "Destiny" and "The Division". One of the first things that struck me (us) was when I defeated my first boss and got a frame piece, and that I needed to gather resources, to build, to then fight the boss again, to try an get another piece, to get more resources, to build...etc. This is something that pushes many, many players away. I have to admit that I stayed because of my little OCD and because I had NOTHING ELSE TO PLAY. But now it is getting to the point where I find players that have been off for months, or are just fed up and leaving.

The main problem with so much "grind-n-rng" is that the content gets diluded in it. DE might put out a great item or a great new adition, but when players have to go thru 40 hours of play to get it... Things go down very fast and very deep. So adding stuff for the sake of "new" stuff, really isn't helping. The game is turning into quicksand where the more you do, the less it seems to be done. [Just so you know, this is not uncommun, "The Division" had a similar problem with players leaving the game because the rewards were just so hard to get.]

So, I made a small list/survey of what we can find (and what is required to get it) in Warframe.

Resources: Grind+Explore
Warframes (not primes): Grind+RNG (Equinox, Mesa, Atlas are the worst)
Endo: Grind
Focus: Grind
Lens: Grind+RNG (Depends on daily mission)
MR: Grind
Syndicate Points: Grind
Syndicate Medallions: Explore
Fragments: Explore
Relics: Grind+RNG
Void Traces: Grind+RNG
Prime Parts: RNG
Riven mods: Grind+RNG (Depends on daily mission)
Kuva: Grind
Derelic Vaults: Explore+RNG
Lua Secret Rooms: Explore+RNG

Caption:
Grind=your winnings are afected by how much time spent/afinity gathered playing
RNG=random (number generated?) reward
Explore=exploration of the entire map required

One of these per item is Ok! But see how few Exploration there is? See how much Grind n RNG there is? And when you need a combination of them for a specific item? (looking at you Ember BP) ... This needs to change. With that in mind, I leave here some suggestion on how to change this so that we GIVE MORE CONTROL TO THE PLAYER over the outcome of a quest/mission, and find himself having a REWARDING EXPERIENCE each time they play Warframe.

Resources: just remove Nitain Extract (and Forma) from daily Sorties and put it as a designated mission reward - my vote goes to Mobile Defense since they have no "set" reward list (Forma is fine in the relic system since they are all over the place).
Frames (not prime): I won't ask for full frame or builded pieces, but at least make the bosses drop a diferent piece each time so that players can do a maximum of 4 runs and get a full frame (a bit like in Invasions where you have to do the same mission 3 times to get set reward).
Endo: it is ok has is (just uses 1 requirement), but it would be better if Ayatan sculptures [NAFT] gave you endo in direct trade in Maroo (like ducats for prime parts with Baro) OR just have Endo drop from a determined enemy (like oxium drops from oxium osprey).
Focus: it is also ok (1 requirement only), but let us unequip lens if the school tree is full or move points to other schools.
Lens: ok for sortie rewards, but also make then a reward in Alert missions (they used to be there, but you removed then and I don't know why).
MR, Sindicate points, Sindicate medallions, Fragments: are all good as they are (all have just 1 requirement).
Relics: REDUCE THE NUMBER OF RELICS for pete sake! Between Lith, Meso, Neo and Axi there are over 35! To get a specific one is an insane lotery contest. You can do this by separating relic drop by mission level and/or by mission type (like you did with Void keys).
Void Traces: continue to add traces by reactant pickup after the 10 required to open the relic. Each new reactant gathered would increase the number of void traces rewarded by missions end (e.g.: lith +2, meso +3, neo +4, axi +5).
Prime Parts: in Endless Missions automatically increase the relic level/ods chosen at every rotation C. At 1.25%improvement=exceptional relics (4%rare itens) / 1.50%=flawless(6%) / 1.75%=radiant(10%) /2.00%(max)=n/a with 15% drop of rare itens (excelent). AND this would be added to your own relic level!

Riven mods [NAFT]: remove/substitute all rifle, shotgun (pistol, melee) riven mods with a PRISM CATALYST and we improve whatever stats we want with Kuva. If there need be a 'negative stat' make it so that increasing dmg=drops crit (for example), and so on; OR make the mod not weapon, but type of weapon specific (rifle, sniper, shotgun, pistol, dagger, hammer, sword, etc) and REMOVE mastery rank.
Kuva [NAFT]: give a better use for the operator. Instead of just being a "one spot grind type" mission, have the operator do some exploring to find kuva medallions, or do some kind of trial to get Kuva.*
Derelict Vaults and Lua Secret Rooms are fine as is (no Grind required). *What we need is something similar in the KUVA FORTRESS that ties with the operator gameplay that I described in the point above.

Caption:
[NAFT]=Nobody Asked For This - if it was up to me, I would basically just remove them. There is already WAY to much stuff in Warframe (that doesn't work/satisfy players properly) and just adding content to grind over isn't really making anyone happy... HOWEVER, since they are already here, might as well improve on it.
(E.g.: IF they implemented the idea of an enemy droping Endo, I would prefer to have Kuva and Stars be the same thing and by combining it with statues have that improve the stats of the Riven mod... Three birds with one stone (less grind, more rewards).

So, these are just some suggestion and examples of how to remove some/lots of the Grind and RNG in the game and have some more adventurous feel to it. Specially because not all veterans like the "endless" grind and are tired of that system, and new players many times (end up playing solo and) find the game unrewarding. In short:

Reduce Grind. Reduce Rng. (Maybe, dare I say, even reduce "content"!) Give back control to the player. Make the game more rewarding.

I hope DE takes notice because this was made with the intention of HELPING the game I love so much. And I also made this post in general feedback to have a discussion about it among the community... I really hope that 2017 is a really great year for Warframe.

4 minutes ago, (Xbox One)DeluxeKnight831 said:

i believe it still applies. there will be an out-roar if it were allowed . Non founders would also want the opportunity to upgrade to founder status 

the thing  is  there was  once a chance  for founders  like me to upgrade  to an higher rank  and  i missed that  so the  question is will there be another chance  for founders like me  wich missed  the chance not  a new founder program

sry for my bad english

Edited by NFI-85