The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Discussion on Primed Regen

Cirayu

Reblog from reddit, because why not:

Here's a possible solution for Sentinel permadeath:

When sentinel dies, its healthbar is replaced with a repair gauge. You're filling it by gathering any resources - rarer the resource is, more points you get. Once it's at 100%, sentinel returns back to life after being fully repaired. Amount of points you need should be reasonable.
It can be used without any limitations.

Regen/Primed Regen would help to increase time before you have to actually use this feature, so it will still be somewhat useful.

My Wyrm Prime has been shelved for too long.😭

We need a Vacuum Exilus mod that can't be used with a Sentinel one equipped.

Ai pathing on companions needs to be looked at as well as mod costs because you can cap out even with 7 on depending on your build.

Sentinels really need a link set themselves even if it's only 50%  of the companion set.

Just now, Tizodd said:

You know what they say about assuming?

I rarely use the simulor...and only in solo runs because I know it can ruin other players' experience.

I apologise for assuming then, I've come across way too many Embers or mirages with Simulor + vacuum. And it just feels like it's either "that" or "actually playing" from the people i've come across.

Just now, Skaleek said:

The point is this primed mod is useless. As soon as you NEED the mod its already useless. Thats the point. There's no middleground.

If you get down because of some stupid mistake now you didn't just waste your regen.

If you get hit by a bombard for whatever reason now you have more chances.

If you get hit by an ignis you now have more than a second to get out of there.

It still increases survivability and makes tedious situations more forgiving while allowing you to keep your sentinel a little longer, if you generally try to avoid being hit in the first place it will still be more than a while before a lucky shot grazes a sent so it still offers plenty of time to do what you're going to.

5 minutes ago, -Amaterasu- said:

If you get down because of some stupid mistake now you didn't just waste your regen.

If you get hit by a bombard for whatever reason now you have more chances.

If you get hit by an ignis you now have more than a second to get out of there.

It still increases survivability and makes tedious situations more forgiving while allowing you to keep your sentinel a little longer, if you generally try to avoid being hit in the first place it will still be more than a while before a lucky shot grazes a sent so it still offers plenty of time to do what you're going to.

Go use primed regen in the sorties and tell me how much longer your sentinel lasts than without it. If you notice a difference I'll be surprised. Its a terrible terrible mod, and to a greater degree, a terrible design philosophy that DE employs time and time again. -1 DE, -1.

There have been countless suggestions on repair kits and ways to repair your sentinels on the forums. So many innovative, thoughtful ideas, and this is what they went with. It's so freakin lazy. I'm genuinely angry, because it reminds me of all the other times they've done this to us.

Edited by Skaleek

Just now, Xiusa said:

That's why I keep my Kubrow alive and not let it die. Also I don't care about vacuum it means nothing to me. It's terrible and it should have been removed entirely IMO so don't bother bringing it up

So i should exclude vacuum, one of the most demanded features of sentinels out of a sentinel vs. kubrow discussion because you PERSONALLY don't like it?

Thank-you-but-no-87060350871.jpeg

Anyway Xiusa, you can play how and what you want. I'm not telling you what to play by any means. I was just explaining how you are wrong. Opinions differ. Facts don't.

1 minute ago, John89brensen said:

How much is that? 25k endo and a almost a million credits, to reach rank 9? For a mod that only adds 2 more revives, an upgraded version of a common mod that is comparatively a lot cheaper to max rank. Is this the Endo version of the Hema research?

It's a possibility that I did not have before. You can make the exact same comparison with Primed Pressure Point. The option is there to use or ignore. The option itself doesn't hurt you in any way, so there is no point in disliking it.

Nothing at all would have been better, like in the last 3 months of Baro since Primed Cryo Rounds?

Just now, Kuulpb said:

I apologise for assuming then, I've come across way too many Embers or mirages with Simulor + vacuum. And it just feels like it's either "that" or "actually playing" from the people i've come across.

Apology accepted.

I do feel area looting should be innate to frames themselves.  It could be a simple in-game toggle like [Area Loot] <-> [Manual Loot] for people who prefer picking stuff up off the floor.

I don't understand why [DE] seems so against it.

Just now, IceColdHawk said:

So i should exclude vacuum, one of the most demanded features of sentinels out of a sentinel vs. kubrow discussion because you PERSONALLY don't like it?

Anyway Xiusa, you can play how and what you want. I'm not telling you what to play by any means. I was just explaining how you are wrong. Opinions differ. Facts don't.

No I'm saying don't bother bringing it up to me personally?? Lmao what are you even talking about anymore saying opinions differ except mine is wrong get outta here

1 minute ago, IceColdHawk said:

vacuum is only for farming,  if you use vacuum for anything else, then you're just lazy. Period.

Its not even a band aid. When you reach a point where the sentinel is 1 or 2 shot to death, he will basically just die 3 times more in the next few secs after he regens. So how or why this mod was introduced really baffles me. Does DE even play their own game anymore ?

1 minute ago, Kuulpb said:

vacuum is only for farming,  if you use vacuum for anything else, then you're just lazy. Period.

Well you seemed like a reasonable person for a split second when you apologized a few posts up...now you're back to name calling and accusations...smh.

26 minutes ago, sushidubya said:

The amount of Ki'Tears from today's offerings...

562.gif

XD

I don't know why I check the forums on Baro Days.  It's like the salt mines open for the weekend. 

I'm going to say, I'll buy this mod when it comes to console, I may even use this mod, but I'm not going to complain about a mod existing that I don't have a use for.  Other players may absolutely love this mod.  Tons of mods I never use that other people make good builds with, so I'm not gonna sweat the existence of one I probably won't use lol.

3 minutes ago, Xiusa said:

No I'm saying don't bother bringing it up to me personally?? Lmao what are you even talking about anymore saying opinions differ except mine is wrong get outta here

LOL. Actually you are kind of out of order here. You can't just expect people to agree with you all the time, and then tell someone not to bring something up that is relevant to a discussion you are having with them. You don't have to agree with him, or play the way he does, but telling someone not to bother bringing up something relevant to the discussion because you feel dismissive of it just makes you look a little silly. 

The discussion isn't just for you either. It's a public thread, and points made by both of you are seen by all. You aren't just trying to convince each other, in a way you are trying to convince all of those reading. And being dismissive of other players points doesn't really help there. 

Edited by Tesseract7777

lets see... why does primed regen exist.... because having sentinels one shot is great.... although I'll be honest running them without weapons mean they stay alive a lot longer. 

Not to mention kubrows have pack leader (health from melee kills), medi pet (health regen AND bleedout reduction) and loyal companion (bleedout link)

Speaking of survivability...why didn't they just give a Primed (health mod thing of sentinels)? (I forgot the name lol)

Though I guess DE was thinking "oh hey threads asking for being able to revive sentinels like kubrows/kavats! Let's give them a Primed Regen!" (not being sarcastic, just really trying to understand how we ended up with this mod lol)

1 minute ago, Tizodd said:

Well you seemed like a reasonable person for a split second when you apologized a few posts up...now you're back to name calling and accusations...smh.

tell me one good reason other than laziness for taking vacuum to a mission that you aren't farming in.

Just now, Tesseract7777 said:

LOL. Actually you are kind of out of order here. You can't just expect people to agree with you all the time, and then tell someone not to bring something up that is relevant to a discussion you are having with them. You don't have to agree with him, or play the way he does, but telling someone not to bother bringing up something relevant to the discussion because you feel dismissive of it just makes you look a little silly. 

Well if they wanted me to keep shooting vacuum down and having nothing else to say about it then yeah put it in the discussion. Allow me to keep saying the same thing over and over again I guess

Just now, Kuulpb said:

tell me one good reason other than laziness for taking vacuum to a mission that you aren't farming in.

I don't even bother with Vacuum, but those who use it use it for a variety of strategic reasons that have nothing to do with laziness. 

Like I said. I don't even use Vacuum. Never have. Not even once it became universal, it just doesn't fit my playstyle well. 

But there is no need to be insulting, it doesn't do your point justice. There are valid strategic reasons to use vacuum. Let's not brand all those with different playstyles as lazy. 

Just now, -Amaterasu- said:

snip

The question I believe is not if the mod has utility, which it clearly has, how many times did we get hit by a Bombard, and while we walked away our sentinels didnt. I think the problem comes the cost of maxing the mod, 40k endo and 2 million credits is absurd.

This 3 revives thing should have been an upgrade to the regular mod (even making it a 10 rank common mod if necessary) rather than a "legendary" primed mod.

Just now, Tesseract7777 said:

I don't even bother with Vacuum, but those who use it use it for a variety of strategic reasons that have nothing to do with laziness. 

Like I said. I don't even use Vacuum. Never have. Not even once it became universal, it just doesn't fit my playstyle well. 

But there is no need to be insulting, it doesn't do your point justice. There are valid strategic reasons to use vacuum. Let's not brand all those with different playstyles as lazy. 

THe only things I honestly see vacuum for are farming, and if you feel you NEED to get that mod that's in the wall.  99% of the time it's a mod you have and don't need since it gives 5 endo an dyou get 2k from sorties often.  SO, again, It probably ios just me, but Vacuum is just.... a stupid thing,  The  Kubrow that picks up loor for you makes sense,  because it's a trained dog, and it makes sense ti can't  go through walls. etc etc. 

Just now, Kuulpb said:

"Good" is often subjective, so you may disagree...but for me, a "good" reason is: I can focus on killing enemies.

You may have the knee-jerk reaction of calling it lazy because it's not your preference, but it's actually more efficient.

I'm not knocking your preference of picking things up off the ground.  I don't see why you feel the need to attack and name-call people who prefer not having to focus on picking things up off the ground.