Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Akkad AFK spot needs to be removed

Nerf_SupYo

rjSqL9q.jpg

5amGwBY.jpg

The ledge above the door on akkad where most people enter the room is a consistent spot AFK players use to leech xp while doing nothing. It's not just that guy, I've seen this dozens of times. For anyone who says "but they're helping by creating more spawns" - point noted, but not every squad doesn't need every player active to get through the mission and it takes more time for everyone else that is actually doing something. This kind of tactic is not addressed by current afk measures but clearly was intended to be removed when the overhead beams were removed from akkad months ago.

Now look at the mission progress and take a wild guess who was afk, but still got plenty of xp out of it anyway.

Edited by ghandibots
redacted usernames

Not gonna lie, I've used it. However, only when I had to deal with a kid. I wanted my team, hopped up, then hopped down when I was back. 

I haven't met anyone like that, but I know that people like that exist. It's bullS#&$. there does need to be an AFK timeout on non-solo matches.

While I don't do Akkad often, I'd rather have an afk guy that someone leaving at 5 (or 15 in your case), but maybe that's just me. 

Still, if it's not that door then it's a Shade sentinel or something else. You cannot really stop someone from afk'ing vs infested. It would have to be a mechanic that cuts their affinity gain just like it already does their loot.

It would be really nice if you/your team (host wants to kick out someone of the group and others vote with yes/no, if there's more yes than the player will be removed) could kick somehow the AFK player out of the group, because it's a problem on any map, not just on Akkad.

Just now, kicsikorte said:

It would be really nice if you/your team (host wants to kick out someone of the group and others vote with yes/no, if there's more yes than the player will be removed) could kick somehow the AFK player out of the group, because it's a problem on any map, not just on Akkad.

The issue with that are the people that will kick you if you do something they don't like. I've seen people report others for not bringing a level 30 secondary weapon to a Sortie that doesn't require one. I've seen people report others in pugs for not playing a frame the way they think it should be played.

That's why I feel an AFK Timer is a better idea.

2 minutes ago, kicsikorte said:

Got a bad feeling that people would take advantage of that.

Just now, (PS4)FriendSharkey said:

Anyone try a Loki on that spot. I ran into a player just sitting in there once and this was very rare, managed to pull them out with switch teleport, i'd imagine Valks could ripline them as well.

Someone give this Tenno a medal.

2 minutes ago, Nocam said:

The issue with that are the people that will kick you if you do something they don't like. I've seen people report others for not bringing a level 30 secondary weapon to a Sortie that doesn't require one. I've seen people report others in pugs for not playing a frame the way they think it should be played.

That's why I feel an AFK Timer is a better idea.

Yeah at the moment I posted it I realized that people could prey on it.

Honestly I couldn't think anything out that would be fair. Because the akf timer is easy to play off.
Giving affinity after the damage you make is unfair, with the ones who doesn't have some room nukeing weapon or warframe.

18 minutes ago, Snib said:

While I don't do Akkad often, I'd rather have an afk guy that someone leaving at 5 (or 15 in your case), but maybe that's just me. 

Still, if it's not that door then it's a Shade sentinel or something else. You cannot really stop someone from afk'ing vs infested. It would have to be a mechanic that cuts their affinity gain just like it already does their loot.

I also really hate when someone leaves before wave20. Especially when 2 or all 3 of them leaves. Then they force me to leave too because the spawns after that will be bad.

I would choose an AFKer over a Leaver on Akkad.

Off: It would be great to have a "Ghost player" thingy in Warframe where the game would count as there is 4 player even if you are on solo and the spawns would be like at 4 player.

Just now, Doxorn said:

I also really hate when someone leaves before wave20. Especially when 2 or all 3 of them leaves. Then they force me to leave too because the spawns after that will be bad.

Off: It would be great to have a "Ghost player" thingy in Warframe where the game would count as there is 4 player even if you are on solo and the spawns would be like at 4 player.

It'd be great for solo survival.

2 minutes ago, Doxorn said:

Yes please. 

7 minutes ago, Doxorn said:

YES PLEASE

3 minutes ago, KIREEK said:

Send a support ticket reporting the behavior, that simple.

Understood, but it's across many missions and many players. The discussion diverging into how to handle this problem in general makes complete sense to me, it isn't just this node, and I agree that a vote to kick option would only be abused. The way the current afk measures are working is clearly not up to par either - maybe if there was an option for the players to "vote-afk" then the squad could mark someone to be subject to an "afk protocol" where not moving, not attacking, not casting abilities eventually has an autokick (or whatever other appropriate choice is, maybe forcing them to play solo if it keeps up enough.)

15 minutes ago, kicsikorte said:

Yeah at the moment I posted it I realized that people could prey on it.

Honestly I couldn't think anything out that would be fair. Because the akf timer is easy to play off.
Giving affinity after the damage you make is unfair, with the ones who doesn't have some room nukeing weapon or warframe.

What they could do is add an invisible are of effect where the AFK person is and if he doesn't move from that spot eventually he'll get kicked. Whenever he goes AFK again the are of effect will get bigger and bigger.

5 minutes ago, Aurea_Hiigara said:

That doesn't mean it's suddenly not against the forum rules.

Was not aware of that... will redact. My point before was that at wave 5 I mentioned my plan to bring this up in the forums, as you can see it went on another 10 waves.

Edited by ghandibots
added info

On ‎1‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 3:21 PM, Methanoid said:

its actually a good spot for ppl rocking in with an ogris/kulstar or other explodey type weapon, its a position that rarely causes you to blow yourself up.

this one was facing the wall and not doing anything for 10 waves

On ‎1‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 4:15 PM, Wolfdoggie said:

I've only seen someone do that once and now I know why. The problem though was he kept dying over and over. .-.?

this one didn't have any trouble surviving for the short period in action, then spent 10 waves facing the wall.