Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Secura Lecta post 19.8.0

(XBOX)ZAYNE 79

Just now, AM-Bunny said:

Even if they were just Mastery Fodder, people still desire Mastery Fodder.

Less people choosing the right side means there are fewer right-sided weapons in circulation which drives the prices up. The invisible hand of economy has a way of balancing these things out.

Personally I couldn't care less -- the balance of these weapons is in a constant state of flux, and I think it's foolish to choose an allegiance based purely on how effective its rewards are. I simply choose the one I like; there are no regrets if you do that.

I've seen people unable to sell the secura penta for 30 platinum, same for every other weapon on the right side. I've yet to see someone ask for any other weapon on that side. I see so many people asking 50 for the simulor, probably because of saps like me

Recognizing that this game's core mechanic is the RNG and the grind, this nerf just made it more true to what the game really is. I was and still am against the nerf, but I have to look at it this way. I thought that the weapon didn't cause much harm to the game, and after several posts and talking to other members, it is true that it used to de-stabilize the economy of the game. It inflated prices and made credit gain trivial for those who had it, further hurting new and up and coming players. If the Lecta remained untouched it just meant that the game's future credit costs would have to rise in order to have a meaningful impact. Inflating the Platinum price of the weapon and the syndicate that has it. Making the other syndicate weapons from The Perrin Sequence more expensive because nobody buys them.

And if future credit costs are increased the Lecta would become a necessity rather than a cool weapon to get a few more credits. Again further causing harm to those who don't have it and new players. This is while knowing that the Howl of the Kubrow quests demands from a new player up to 220k credits. We don't want the game to be a bitter and almost impossible journey to newer players, who are in fact the lifeblood of this game. Us veterans and high rank people tend to get burned out after a while because of the grind and repetitive nature of the game. So we come and go, new players are more inclined to stay longer periods of time than the old players because they still have a lot to do. So if you are mad about it, I hope I was able to give you a different perspective and understand DE's decision. Does it suck? Yes, the weapon is just another Mastery Rank farm, but it was the nerf or possibly kill the game. 

Edited by samuel3417

How is sancti tigris and rakta cernos being arguably the second best shotgun and bow any different then vaykor marelok being the "second best secondary"?

Meanwhile secura lecta will still be the weapon of choice for credit farming.

Basically it's a non-issue.

W-w-w-what i'm seeing?

L                 O                G                I                 C             ?

And btw Secura lecta give u 4x credits, so it's always better of the other 100+ melee weapons for credit farm.

Edited by Sirfol

1 minute ago, rapt0rman said:

How is sancti tigris and rakta cernos being arguably the second best shotgun and bow any different then vaykor marelok being the "second best secondary"?

Meanwhile secura lecta will still be the weapon of choice for credit farming.

Basically it's a non-issue.

Very few people use bows or shotguns in the current "tonkor, simulor, soma" meta (and 100% status on a shotgun matters a lot, as opposed to even one at 98.7%, max I could get on my sancti), and everyone has a secondary for when they get downed. And with the nerf, running one excavator on hieracon and repeating is faster than the lecta now

2 hours ago, Ikaje said:

This, my friend, speaks super true.

You hit it right on the head.

Thank you.

2 hours ago, Sirfol said:

W-w-w-what i'm seeing?

L                 O                G                I                 C             ?

And btw Secura lecta give u 4x credits, so it's always better of the other 100+ melee weapons for credit farm.

Lol, it's simple economics that I seem to have forgotten. 

And yeah, it is still better than all the rest of melee weapons to farm credits, but severely toned down. 

19 minutes ago, (PS4)FunyFlyBoy said:

If memory serves, Rakta Cernos has higher DPS than Dread because of the proc. Perrin Sequence has the Penta, and really, all of them are "useless"once you get their weapons.

It get's higher crits than the dread, but the dread has red crits and scales better than impact. Although the Syndicate proc is viral(but armor just denies).

I wouldn't mind the Lecta having a completely different, non-credit bonus if we had more ways to get them in the first place. End of mission rewards are pathetic and Sorties are only one reward per day, leaving Raids as the only option. Raids are quite difficult to access for newer players, though, who are the ones needing the credits most.

The problem of inflation is a problem that DE could solve with a credit sink, the most effective likely being some gambling game. Instead, we have seen them continuously nerf credit rewards all over the place.

Uh, hello?  Fastest firing bow in the game, absolute CC domination with manual grenades, second strongest shotty and the most AoE focused on the Tigris series?  Still free extra money, better stealth or infinite overshields, and less Status and healing on charge attacks?  Decent dual auto pistols, great manual explosives, and an upgraded crossbow?

No?

Not doing it for ya?

...oh right, they require some semblance of skill, I forgot.

2 minutes ago, Chachingo said:

I'm sorry how does the credit gain inflate prices ? I mean it's not tradable or anything

Were you not around for Pedastal Prime on Baro a while back?  They were 1 million each and people bought dozens of them.  Easily obtaining mass amounts of a single resource causes future prices to take into account how much people have.

Example 1 - Mutagen Samples

Example 2 - Sibear

Example 3 - Vauban Prime

Example 4 - Real life.

1 minute ago, SenorClipClop said:

Incorrect, the Secura Lecta (like all Syndicate weapons) can be traded.

Actually was talking about credit .

1 minute ago, Xekrin said:

Were you not around for Pedastal Prime on Baro a while back?  They were 1 million each and people bought dozens of them.  Easily obtaining mass amounts of a single resource causes future prices to take into account how much people have.

Example 1 - Mutagen Samples

Example 2 - Sibear

Example 3 - Vauban Prime

Example 4 - Real life.

Yeah totally forgot about baro haven't had a chance to see him since I came back from a break and no I wasn't .