Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Secura Lecta post 19.8.0

(XBOX)ZAYNE 79

30 minutes ago, LabMan95 said:

Very few people use bows or shotguns in the current "tonkor, simulor, soma" meta

I use none of the meta, my primary is usually Mutalist Cernos, my secondary is either embolist or acrid.  I guess I'm one of the "few"

3 minutes ago, (PS4)Regiampiero said:

Cry me a river. After all the Secura Lecta greed, this was well deserved. 

1 minute ago, SenorClipClop said:

So OP finds quadruple the credits absolutely useless, just because the previous broken drop rate was fixed?

So OP, if that's the case and you have the weapon... can I have yours? 

I'm less sad about the nerf, now that I think more about it and am no longer consumed by pure salt. It was deserved I guess, but I'm just sad that the left side of the syndicates are just so much better than the right side. Imo, this made kind of a balance between them, but now that scale's tipped way back in the favor of the left. Is it too much to ask for them to be (at least more) equal like before tigris prime?

53 minutes ago, LabMan95 said:

Thank you DE for getting rid of the only reason to be on the right side of the syndicates. Synoid Simulor is still broken, vaykor marelok is still the second best secondary, and telos boltace is arguably one of the best with maiming strike. While sancti tigris is just outclassed by tigris prime, secura lecta is just mr fodder now, and rakta cernos is just worse than dread. All the other weapons (besides arguably rakta dagger) on that side are just mr fodder. So thanks for making the side I unwisely chose when I started completely worthless again

Wrong, wrong wrong. 

Rakta Cernos still stands up to Dread, and is arguably very, very slightly better or worse, it depends on your preference. 

Sancti Tigris is still a beast and has not been truly outclassed. Tigris Prime is a sidegrade. 

And Secura Lecta still gives bonus credits and is a sweet weapon, it just doesn't give as many bonus credits. 

Stop overreacting, it doesn't help your cause. 

If any weapon needs to be buffed it's the Secura Dual Cestra's, and perhaps the Vaykor Sydon. Most other syndicate weapons are at least decent to good. 

Secura Lecta was never the problem imo, the necessity to use it to get a decent amount of credits (and resources) without spending hours focusing on farming one type of node was/is the problem.  Credits are literally the one thing I keep running short of (well that and mutagen samples, obviously and orokin cells at the moment due to formas and potatoes) and it's not for lack of playing or anything...

I never saw the 11x multiplier that the dev's are mentioning but I do know how little credits (and resources) I get in normal levels without a secura lecta or chroma/nekros.  Just by playing the game you should be able to supply us with enough credits/resources to 'survive' on but unless you spend hours of your day playing the game this just isn't something you can do by 'passively' collecting credits/resources etc, we shouldn't need to farm specific locations with specific weapons and frame combo's so we can afford the cost of foundry items, let alone the cost of maxing out a mod etc. 

While I understand the dev's want to push 'new players' towards plat and to 'drag out the experience' there are better ways of doing it than constantly increasing the grind, a simple 1-2 month window on new releases where they're only available for plat (notification of resource requirements though so we can passively farm resources) would likely be accepted by most players while maintaining the 'you can get everything by playing the game' aspect of the game (technically it's not as you have tennogen and arguably plat cosmetics).  This plat only window wouldn't affect anyone negatively other than making some players wait longer but at the same time may encourage more players to buy it with plat.  If a player was going to get it via in game methods they now have to wait longer and may be tempted to buy with plat, players who buy new things with plat on release will still do so...

Edited by LSG501

48 minutes ago, Sirfol said:

W-w-w-what i'm seeing?

L                 O                G                I                 C             ?

And btw Secura lecta give u 4x credits, so it's always better of the other 100+ melee weapons for credit farm.

Image result for heart attack gif

49 minutes ago, Chachingo said:

I'm sorry how does the credit gain inflate prices ? I mean it's not tradable or anything

DE increases the credit cost of things to make up for it.

Anyone who was using secura lecta to farm credits knew it was going to be nerf'd. I dont think anyone had any illusions about it. It was giving way too much.

for me It boils down to preference. Riven Mods help negate some of the weaknesses of the weaker weapons anyway. and as others have said the weapons aren't that bad:

- Secura Penta is a good explosive weapon as long as you don't treat it like a Tonkor, and the new Tether Grenades mod is supposed to help as well (don't have it personally.)

- Secura Dual Cestras are awesome Secondaries, quite underrated IMO.

- Secura Lecta just got nerfed apparently, but it still gives some Credits, so not a total dilution of the weapon's utility, plus it's second only to the Atterax in terms of damage.

- Rakta Cernos is way faster than dread, and just as viable in Sorties, even more so VS Corpus due to Impact being effective vs. shields.

- Rakta Ballistica, I'm not sure why people hate on it, it's like a Sicarus and a Bow rolled into one package.

- Rakta Dark Dagger is as good as any other Dagger with Covert Lethality on it.

- Sancti Tigris is the second most powerful Shotgun in the game, and while the Prime is more powerful, the Sancti heals you AND reduces enemy armour with it's AoE.

- Sancti Castanas have their uses, place them in doorways on Corpus Tilesets and you can get easy kills.

- Sancti Magistar is a perfectly competent hammer, no CC like Jat Kittag, but if you know when to charge attack, it's healing utility is useful.

there are no bad Syndicate weapons, only ones you dislike.

34 minutes ago, Mr.ToastForPresident said:

kek

Both sides have good and bad weapons. I might as well complain about hexis having only 1 good weapon  and two useless ones, how Suda has also 1 good weapon, and how the Hek is inferior to the tigris without providing any reason why.

I left out reasons to keep it shorter, but I can give reasons for this:

Many people actually prefer the Vaykor Hek because it has a larger magazine and really high crit, so it can realistically out-dps the sancti tigris due to less reloading. I agree with the suda part, except for the part where the simulor is the most powerful weapon in the game, along with a syndicate proc that boosts energy. Arbiters has the best support to your argument on this side weapons wise, since the boltace (while still very good on its own) is only insane with maiming strike. 

New Loka has the sancti tigris, which has been set aside widely when tigris prime came out, along with a fairly miserable secondary and melee (magistar is not sortie viable while castanas barely are due to rad and syndicate proc). Perrin has the lecta, but the cestras are insanely hard to aim and the penta (while decent) falls off against armored enemies later on. I overexaggerated about the rakta cernos, but the dread is still slightly better due to higher slash procs and more damage from them on red crits, despite the syndicate proc from the cernos. The ballistica is very mediocre for a syndicate weapon in dps due to it having to be charged to do high damage. The dagger is awesome, and I like it a lot, so my apologies about that.

I'm only critical about this for sortie level content and possibly end of the star chart. In a general mission, every one of these weapons can be great if modded correctly

If I knew about these when I could choose syndicates, I would've chosen steel meridian and Red Veil instead of new loka and perrin sequence. I may be critical of the right side, but I just want that side to be comparable to the other side. Is that too much to ask?

Edited by LabMan95

3 hours ago, LabMan95 said:

Thank you DE for getting rid of the only reason to be on the right side of the syndicates. Synoid Simulor is still broken, vaykor marelok is still the second best secondary, and telos boltace is arguably one of the best with maiming strike. While sancti tigris is just outclassed by tigris prime, secura lecta is just mr fodder now, and rakta cernos is just worse than dread. All the other weapons (besides arguably rakta dagger) on that side are just mr fodder. So thanks for making the side I unwisely chose when I started completely worthless again

Are you literally high?

Sancti Tigris isn't outclassed by Tigris Prime, both do more than enough damage to annihilate Sortie tier enemies. If anything I'd rather use the Sancti because of the syndicate effect.

Rakta Cernos has OVER 4x the base DPS of the Dread. The Dread's extra 15% crit in no way makes up for that difference in damage to say nothing of the Rakta's Viral Proc. 

Edited by DeMonkey

When we don't know how hard nerf hammer will strike, it's better to assume the worst but 4x cap on Secura Lecta is super harsh.

Mastery rank 22 is "almost everything" achievement, leaving some rare, unique and otherwise awkward gear behind for later.

It would be much more fair to recognize this dedication and raise cap to x6 for MR 22, possibly raising required level to use this weapon.

Also, credit reward distribution throughout solar map and beyond needs serious revision.

Most players will simply return to five waves of Akkad on repeat.

It's kinda scary to suggest credits dropping in less popular missions as a cure for current lack of balance... Asking for a good reason to revisit Kuva Fortress we got one super rare stance mod. Ouch.

There are credit sinks in Warframe other than selling sculptures for Endo - we transmute mods, trade with other players, craft consumables etc.

Personally, I would not mind having occasional extra drop from a cache or a box.

Exploration in Warframe have been neglected or done bad, with sabotage caches being the highlight but only in the Void, before the nerf, when we could get primed parts = good times.

What about alerts with 50k-100k rewards? What happened to these? 90% of alerts are not worth completing even by beginners when they unlocked better places.

Credits from The Index arena? - Do you have any idea how boring and poorly designed these missions are? 

Raids - you know best how tiny amount of total players do them, for number of reasons not worth mentioning because I'd rather avoid unnecessary ranting.

Efficient Secura Lecta was a band-aid for a bigger problem which was not addressed properly with recent nerf.

PS mandatory reminder these things exist:

Sw4JUXX.jpg