Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Should Riven mods be common reward?

RistN

I am really puzzled by DE's decision to make these mods common.These should of been very rare.They pass over all mods in stats.You get stats that are greater than some mandatory:serratation,point strike,vital sense...And you get 3 of those stats in just one mod.

Instead of making these top reward,holly grale of Warframe they were made common drop in Sorties...

Because 9 times out of 10, they're either for a weapon you're never going to use, or the stats are complete and utter garbage or break the weapon entirely.

RNG is already a pain man, don't make the first barrier into the Riven Lottery even more frustrating.

Well, in some ways I'd prefer they not exist at all. Since they do exist, though, having them be common makes the onion of RNG that is Riven mods slightly less painful. (I liken them to onions due to the fact that it's RNG whether or not you get one, what weapon type it is for, what specific weapon it's for, and the stats it has.)

Can you imagine, after months of sorties, finally getting a single Riven mod and having it be for the Deth Machine Rifle?

2 minutes ago, Sintag said:

Because 9 times out of 10, they're either for a weapon you're never going to use, or the stats are complete and utter garbage or break the weapon entirely.

RNG is already a pain man, don't make the first barrier into the Riven Lottery even more frustrating.

Actually you can reroll them infinitely till you get desired stats that you gonna get sooner or later.

Rivens for good weapons?Well you can look at it as Raids arcane rewards.You don't always get Energize,Avenger,Fury and Grace but we play it for knowing you could get valuable one.Some arcanes are the best,some are good and some are bad...

But back to topic I just asked should most powerful mods in game be so available.Some stance mods are more rare than this.I had around 50 Riven mods altogether.I have 31 now in my inventory.

26 minutes ago, RistN said:

Instead of making these top reward,holly grale of Warframe they were made common drop in Sorties...

Well, they are from Sorties, which is sort of our "end-game content", and everything else is purchased via plat, so making them more common would hurt sales or whatever.

BTW, they showed a graph, rivens are like the only reason most people do sorties, making them rarer would just make the plat prices in trade skyrocket and most people would be terribly annoyed and stop running sorties altogether.

Some could also argue they aren't exactly as common as the other common item anyway.  I've run every sortie since rivens dropped, I've never bought any for plat and I've gotten a grand total of 17 rivens, had to dissolve 2.

Is that common? Dunno, RNG!

Yes, they should be common, because the chances of getting one that matches a weapon you want and also has the stats you want (and, if you really want to min-max it, high rolls of those stats) are pretty slim. If they were rare on top of all that, I doubt most people would even bother seeking them out--I know I wouldn't.

1 minute ago, RistN said:

Actually you can reroll them infinitely till you get desired stats that you gonna get sooner or later.

Rivens for good weapons?Well you can look at it as Raids arcane rewards.You don't always get Energize,Avenger,Fury and Grace but we play it for knowing you could get valuable one.Some arcanes are the best,some are good and some are bad...

But back to topic I just asked should most powerful mods in game be so available.Some stance mods are more rare than this.I had around 50 Riven mods altogether.I have 31 now in my inventory.

Rerolling infinitely requires a massive amount of kuva, and slots require a hefty amount of plat.

Rivens only have the potential to be amazing, they are not inherently "holy grails", they have layers upon layers of RNG.

1 hour ago, RistN said:

I am really puzzled by DE's decision to make these mods common.These should of been very rare.They pass over all mods in stats.You get stats that are greater than some mandatory:serratation,point strike,vital sense...And you get 3 of those stats in just one mod.

Because a good roll for a popular weapon can sell for 1000p? If they were super rare then a riven prices would be even worse.

1 hour ago, RistN said:

Of course, sooner or later can mean you can get a good roll in between 1 and 842 rolls.

And since the average kuva mission, without boosters, gives 600 Kuva (1200 for Floods), it takes an average of 5 missions to roll a riven, once, with no guarantee that will get several good RNG rolls for it.

Anyway, the point is, this slot machine already has a lot of slots (Sortie Reward, Riven Type, Unveil Mission, Mission Modifiers, Weapon, 2-4 stats, hidden multiplier).

48 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Demon Intellect said:

Because a good roll for a popular weapon can sell for 1000p? If they were super rare then a riven prices would be even worse.

Nope.Because Riven mods are giving your weapons stats nothing else in this gives you,not arcanes, not any mod,actually not any 3 mods(not counting primed).I'm talking here only about what rivens are ,not how harsh rng is to some that are not getting them,or ones for particular weapon or desired stats or even price.I'm not some disappointed player that didn't get what he needed.Quite contrary,they gave me much earnings and OP builds.Only question I'm asking here is should they be so common because they are what they are without any hidden intention.

16 hours ago, RistN said:

Nope.Because Riven mods are giving your weapons stats nothing else in this gives you,not arcanes, not any mod,actually not any 3 mods(not counting primed).I'm talking here only about what rivens are ,not how harsh rng is to some that are not getting them,or ones for particular weapon or desired stats or even price.I'm not some disappointed player that didn't get what he needed.Quite contrary,they gave me much earnings and OP builds.Only question I'm asking here is should they be so common because they are what they are without any hidden intention.

And again the price for any riven would be super high. The point of them is to make it so that sub-par weapons become viable. What would be the point if they were almost unobtainable?

Well. They're the only reason most people are playing Sorties. And as they dilute the table even more with Rifle, Shotgun, Pistol, Melee Rivens soon and who knows maybe even Warframe Rivens (doubt it, but you never know) it will be less likely that people get something they actually want. 

Making them common ensures that every now and then people are getting a Riven. They get their carrot and continue to do Sorties for more.