Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

This was a Riven unlock to remember

Airwolfen

So I got a Shotgun riven a while ago and it took me until today to finally crack. The challenge was to:
"Synthesize a Simaris target without using traps or abilities while having a hobbled dragon key equipped without taking damage"

I also had its pistol version without the "without taking damage" part that I did not take the time to unlock yet. And thought it would be great to unlock them at the same time.

Lets say it took me a while. and with that I mean hours.

first a Scorch, finding out that "without taking damage" against a scorch is near impossible (no aim needed OP).

2 days later (today) second target. A nullifier. First and second runs failed. third run I DID IT... not.. forgot I needed a dragon key (F***). Fourth run was a success though. and what a success it was

RNG can be weird some times.

R66Yg9V.jpg

DrxGmkq.jpg

Guess its time to start farming Kuva :clem:

Tenno, may RNG be in your favor.
And feel free to share your hardest riven unlocks. I can use some stories right now

EDIT:

Just now, Airwolfen said:

Ok, Context time.

The first mission I did was with Ivara. However the instant I activated prowl, it failed me (both rivens did). I checked if the target was nearby and I did not find the target in the area. So my conclusion was that I simply was not allowed to use skills at all. The target may have been in a room above or below me, I don't know, it no longer matters. But I did it without skills so that is a challenge won in my opinion (even if unnecessary).

The reward at least made it worth it.

(I will add this to the OP as well)

Edited by Airwolfen

Not trying to pee on your parade , but i have done this one and it was not that hard. I dont have a screen shot, but the hardest one i got was a solo interception lvl 35 enemies with a hobbled key.... that sucked as there are some nice places to do interception with level 32-34 that i could do...

6 minutes ago, Lord_Impaler said:

Not trying to pee on your parade , but i have done this one and it was not that hard. I dont have a screen shot, but the hardest one i got was a solo interception lvl 35 enemies with a hobbled key.... that sucked as there are some nice places to do interception with level 32-34 that i could do...

Vauban on Xini. For future refference.

15 minutes ago, Lord_Impaler said:

Hardest? That's not even challenging, and compared to what I got it's nothing. My hardest yet was completing an extermination mission without being detected with enemies lvl 35 or higher. The only way for me to deal with this mission was to do an Invasion, since they are always alerted by something else and they rarely trigger the alarm (and there are no regular lvl 35+ extermination on any Tileset). But, it also means that I have to stay really far and invisible (only have Ash, so it was a bit harder than just prowling with Ivara for the entire mission.) so they don't look at me. Oh and there was about 250 enemies, so yeah, it took quite some time to complete it, and thank god I did it first try, cause if I would have failed in the middle or at the very end of the mission, I swear I would've cried. 

1 hour ago, Lord_Impaler said:

I found Limbo to be extremely useful when I had that challenge. Just rift walked and put down a ult around the point they were trying to capture, let me shot them all without getting overwhelmed. I also did it on pluto with the large outdoor intercept map... Fact I did it first try was amazing to me.

11 minutes ago, Schregger said:

I found Limbo to be extremely useful when I had that challenge. Just rift walked and put down a ult around the point they were trying to capture, let me shot them all without getting overwhelmed. I also did it on pluto with the large outdoor intercept map... Fact I did it first try was amazing to me.

I went loki prime with irradiating disarm on him. stayed invisible, spam disarm so enemies are weaponless and killing eachother and his speed kinda made up for hobble.

1 hour ago, Blade_Wolf_16 said:

Hardest? That's not even challenging, and compared to what I got it's nothing. My hardest yet was completing an extermination mission without being detected with enemies lvl 35 or higher. The only way for me to deal with this mission was to do an Invasion, since they are always alerted by something else and they rarely trigger the alarm (and there are no regular lvl 35+ extermination on any Tileset). But, it also means that I have to stay really far and invisible (only have Ash, so it was a bit harder than just prowling with Ivara for the entire mission.) so they don't look at me. Oh and there was about 250 enemies, so yeah, it took quite some time to complete it, and thank god I did it first try, cause if I would have failed in the middle or at the very end of the mission, I swear I would've cried. 

I ironically did that one as well, it was hard. But it took me 4 trys and done. loki again lol. dagger for quick stealth kills and guarantee kill, I also remember having to have a dragon key on or whichever one reduces dmg. dagger with covert leathality ftw.

Ok, Context time.

The first mission I did was with Ivara. However the instant I activated prowl, it failed me (both rivens did). I checked if the target was nearby and I did not find the target in the area. So my conclusion was that I simply was not allowed to use skills at all. The target may have been in a room above or below me, I don't know, it no longer matters. But I did it without skills so that is a challenge won in my opinion (even if unnecessary).

The reward at least made it worth it.

(I will add this to the OP as well)

11 minutes ago, Tatersail said:

Ignis, on lower level maps, shoot thro walls on exterm, then go back and scan from range.

how I did mine

can also use A stealth kubrow or sentinel, as their stealth is not an ability

would have worked if my riven was not locked to shotgun only :p

4 hours ago, Airwolfen said:

So I got a Shotgun riven a while ago and it took me until today to finally crack. The challenge was to:
"Synthesize a Simaris target without using traps or abilities while having a hobbled dragon key equipped without taking damage"

I also had its pistol version without the "without taking damage" part that I did not take the time to unlock yet. And thought it would be great to unlock them at the same time.

Lets say it took me a while. and with that I mean hours.

first a Scorch, finding out that "without taking damage" against a scorch is near impossible (no aim needed OP).

2 days later (today) second target. A nullifier. First and second runs failed. third run I DID IT... not.. forgot I needed a dragon key (F***). Fourth run was a success though. and what a success it was

RNG can be weird some times.

R66Yg9V.jpg

DrxGmkq.jpg

Guess its time to start farming Kuva :clem:

Tenno, may RNG be in your favor.
And feel free to share your hardest riven unlocks. I can use some stories right now

EDIT:

to do that in those condition ... you deserve a cookie (no sarcasm intended at all)

11 hours ago, (PS4)Regiampiero said:

About Rhino? Not hard at all and I was done in 5 minutes. 

Or Nezha is even better, because he's super fast even with a hobbled key. Spam ground slam attacks to stunlock the synthesis target.

When I had this challenge, Simaris gave me corrupted nullifier targets. I was like "no way you yellow son of a cephalon, gimme another target!". Guess what other target did he offer?

Spoiler

Regular nullifiers.

One of my friends had lancer, so he AFK'd while I did the challenge with his target.

12 hours ago, Lord_Impaler said:

Why not do this challenge with Nyx? And hobbled key doesn't matter if you bullet jump.

13 hours ago, Lord_Impaler said:

Not trying to pee on your parade , but i have done this one and it was not that hard.

For the OP it was felt as quite a challenge and he felt a great swell of pride and accomplishment for doing so.  That isn't just peeing on his parade, its rubbing his face in it.

BTW, hobbled interception is tragically easy, not to ... uh ... you know. :D

3 minutes ago, Xekrin said:

For the OP it was felt as quite a challenge and he felt a great swell of pride and accomplishment for doing so.  That isn't just peeing on his parade, its rubbing his face in it.

Tbh. if I found out the right way that I could use skills if careful then it would have been way easier then it was xD

So naturally people are not going to be as impressed when they see someone taking so long. Especially when the context in this case was not known.

2 hours ago, Xekrin said:

Oh no, now you went and made me cry. ha ha. looks like Airwolfen is mature enough to take a little criticism judging by his post after yours. Hey if t4 interception lvl 35 with hobbled key was easy for you. great ! congrats. for me , the large tile sets i was forced to use is what made it more difficult. like i mentioned in my other posts.